Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2014
AnimeMagnitude said:

You act as if Subaru lost every single character development he got

Tbh, that's exactly what happened. Episode 12 deleted a Cour full of character development.

Wind_God_Girl said:
he now must accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

He already accepted that fact in Arc1.
He tought he was some kind of super MC until he got rekt.
Jun 27, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2014
Another moronic and just plain dull episode. Subaru might just give Kirito a run for his money when it comes to be a bland as hell protagonist. Welp, this Anime is simply the Erased of this season. Don't have to say anything else lmao.
Jun 27, 2016 7:25 AM

May 2016
I forgot to say stuff about the animation.

Well, as an art student it's really a pleasure to see the last scene. Beautifully animated.

It's kinda funny how you can really tell an important scene is coming now because of the quality and lighting change lol.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 27, 2016 7:26 AM

Jul 2007
Wind_God_Girl said:

Arc 2 ended with him saving everyone. What about his character? He still never accepts reality. As a matter of fact he's even deeper to the "I'm the destined one" mindset especially after having Rem and Ram being indebted to him. It's clear as a fucking daylight. His line of thought forces him to think that every single problem of every single major character that he bonded with must've revolved around him.

Episode 7.

Now what does Arc 3 does here is very VERY FUCKING SIMPLE. Arc 3 introduced reality.

Except that arc 2 was already all about introducing reality and making him face it. HE LITERALLY BROKE DOWN TWICE over both others rejecting his white knighting and over how real the situation is. WE SAW HIM reflect on his own selfish nature too.

Hell even further apart in Arc 1 he started as "i am the MC, duh" aND THEN HE DIED and was forced to realize it by dying again and again. Then that realization was completed in arc2.

Also are you SERIOUSLY claiming that saving people is unrealistic?

Shrimperor said:
AnimeMagnitude said:

You act as if Subaru lost every single character development he got

Tbh, that's exactly what happened. Episode 12 deleted a Cour full of character development.

Wind_God_Girl said:
he now must accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

He already accepted that fact in Arc1.
He tought he was some kind of super MC until he got rekt.

Its kind of hilarious how both the show and those defending this Subaru seem to have caught a case of amnesia that erased the arc2 from their minds.
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2016 7:32 AM
Jun 27, 2016 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
Wind_God_Girl said:

This thread is a disaster.

It's useless to waste your time on MAL's forums. It's one of the worst platform around for that purpose. It never ceases to amaze me. I tend to avoid this place nowadays.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 27, 2016 7:38 AM
Apr 2013
Sooo, from what I've read, we're supposed to hate on Subaru this episode, right? And hey it worked, PERFECTLY I might add. This guy got talent, the writer I mean, now to wait for his death! [Insert evil laugh here]
Jun 27, 2016 7:41 AM
May 2015
This episode was meh...
Subaru was really awkward. No wonder that Emilia responded like this. I mean what the hell was that moron thinking. Jesus Christ, people who do not think before they act...
Jun 27, 2016 7:43 AM
Mar 2011
dellzz said:
Sooo, from what I've read, we're supposed to hate on Subaru this episode, right? And hey it worked, PERFECTLY I might add. This guy got talent, the writer I mean, now to wait for his death! [Insert evil laugh here]
Why would we hate idiots? He tried his best. He was too stupid and too blind to understand the situation and predict the result of his actions. And he didn't think enough before doing what he did. I don't hate him. There is no reason to. He was never perfect, so if in an new unusual situation he does something really stupid, it's normal.
Jun 27, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
It helps to remember Subaru is only barely not a boy. 18 y/o's are extremely ignorant when it comes to the feelings of women at that age (maybe with some exceptions of a few greats). Emilia is a part elf, and way older than she looks (100+), thus MUCH more mature than him. I think she handled him fairly despite it all though. She probably thinks of him as a child, not a love interest. The lap scene and the way she asks him things nicely, she's just like a mother.

So yeah, I guess people are right, his reactions are kind of normal for his age. He doesn't realize Emilia is a very seasoned woman and doesn't have the resolve to deal with his immature, embarrassing, and selfish antics. Even after all that though, she's only doing it because she doesn't want him to get hurt over worrying about her.

In other thoughts, I wonder of Rom made a deal with Reinhardt? I can't imagine that old man being able to set it a trap in there so easily otherwise. Rein's reaction was kind of suspicious!
Jun 27, 2016 7:51 AM
Jun 2015
Lol I feel sorry for subaru and hate him on the same time, this guy should kill himself then restart and consider to shout up his mouth -_-
Jun 27, 2016 7:53 AM

Jan 2016
Her: kill yourself
Me: ok
Jun 27, 2016 7:55 AM

May 2016
People keep saying Restart restart blah blah

As if that's such an easy thing to do. Death is painful.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 27, 2016 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
gelatokun said:
Lol I feel sorry for subaru and hate him on the same time, this guy should kill himself then restart and consider to shout up his mouth -_-

To be honest A LOT of this episode could have been avoided with Subaru employing simple common sense(which he did before) instead of employing protagonist-dumb drama where protag can't see the obvious answers to further the melodrama.

Raven_Wingz said:
It helps to remember Subaru is only barely not a boy. 18 y/o's are extremely ignorant when it comes to the feelings of women at that age (maybe with some exceptions of a few greats). Emilia is a part elf, and way older than she looks (100+), thus MUCH more mature than him. I think she handled him fairly despite it all though. She probably thinks of him as a child, not a love interest. The lap scene and the way she asks him things nicely, she's just like a mother.

So yeah, I guess people are right, his reactions are kind of normal for his age. He doesn't realize Emilia is a very seasoned woman and doesn't have the resolve to deal with his immature, embarrassing, and selfish antics. Even after all that though, she's only doing it because she doesn't want him to get hurt over worrying about her.

The problem is that his reactions contradict his behavior in the previous arc and what he learned in previous arc.

Protagonist making human mistakes and acting flawed is okay, as long as it is not done in a way that character assassinates what we already know of the protagonist.

In other thoughts, I wonder of Rom made a deal with Reinhardt? I can't imagine that old man being able to set it a trap in there so easily otherwise. Rein's reaction was kind of suspicious!

Oh it is quite obvious that Reinhard is some sort of machiavelian Lelouch type of character and he basically used the situation to manipulate felt.

Reinhard so far is no more trustworthy than Roswaal.
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2016 8:03 AM
Jun 27, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Lol this arc just keeps on getting better! MC being awesome as usual! Anime of the year!
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 27, 2016 8:12 AM
Mar 2016
kyle8998 said:
Subaru... Stop doing these impossible things that only make things worse for everyone around you! It was just heartbreaking to see how disappointed Emilia-tan and everyone else was. He constantly lets his emotions get the best of him and does these stupid things. Will he just kill himself to start over this time?
Yes, It's painful and satisfying to see Subaru like that :)
Jun 27, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
No Subaru wasn't being a jerk, no he wasn't being cringey, everyone else were just being self-righteous idiots. Subaru has done more for all of the characters there and clearly can't explain it (why do they think he grabs his heart in pain every time) and has noticeably risked his life to save lives yet everyone treats him like a piece of crap. I'll be hoping Subaru kills everyone with some godlike power as the story progresses.
Jun 27, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! It will also been eventful narrative, but the protagonist Subaru, manages to be stupid enough to make me sad, oh well! Nothing bad storytelling, was not slow as of late, but the various situations that are seen, were not so unforeseen, however, the interpretation of the characters, I liked a lot. Very beautiful drawings, were able to express well the feelings experienced by the characters.
Jun 27, 2016 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
I love how people are like "will he kill himself to start over? "Subaru why are you doing stupid stuff?"

Realistically, how much psychological and physical torment do you think it would be to die repeatedly, and then for what? So no one can recognise you, and so the people you sacrificed for could act as if you're embarrassing them?
Jun 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2007
Thevsamovies said:
Subaru has done more for all of the characters there and clearly can't explain it (why do they think he grabs his heart in pain every time) and has noticeably risked his life to save lives yet everyone treats him like a piece of crap..

Because gratitude is not a reward and good nice guy behavior is not a debt to be repaid. You can't expect others to feel indebted to you just because you are being NICE. You can't expect women to want to repay you just because you put them on pedestal.

Subaru's behavior is absolutely not okay and borders between a creepy stalker and abusive wannabe MRA nice guy.
Jun 27, 2016 8:31 AM
Aug 2012
Thevsamovies said:
I love how people are like "will he kill himself to start over? "Subaru why are you doing stupid stuff?"

Realistically, how much psychological and physical torment do you think it would be to die repeatedly, and then for what? So no one can recognise you, and so the people you sacrificed for could act as if you're embarrassing them?

Pretty sure Emilia answered that........."You did it for yourself" which is in fact partially true. He could have just run away from everything instead of being some white knight.

The problem is Subaru just reverted back to being idiot and selfish MC after the development he had in the previous 2 arcs. As much as people like to say deconstruction, reality or whatnot it will seem like cheap drama just for the heck of it because the situation could easily be avoided by the Subaru we saw till episode 11 who could at least adapt or use his head.

Jun 27, 2016 8:37 AM
Jul 2012
Fai said:
Thevsamovies said:
Subaru has done more for all of the characters there and clearly can't explain it (why do they think he grabs his heart in pain every time) and has noticeably risked his life to save lives yet everyone treats him like a piece of crap..

Because gratitude is not a reward and good nice guy behavior is not a debt to be repaid. You can't expect others to feel indebted to you just because you are being NICE. You can't expect women to want to repay you just because you put them on pedestal.

Subaru's behavior is absolutely not okay and borders between a creepy stalker and abusive wannabe MRA nice guy.

No they don't have to be eternally grateful, head over heels respectful to him all the time, but they can at least try to understand him rather than publicly humiliate him. Subaru only stood up for emilia in the first place because she couldn't stand up for herself (until he forced her too) then when his worth was called into question, she didn't stick up for him, she just acted embarrassed. She would have died, they all would have died without him, yet they can't even act like they know him (she didn't even invite him in the first place)
Jun 27, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
Fai said:

Twisting the words again, huh?
"When you insignia was stolen, I saved you from an insane killer at the loot house! I risked my life! *relevant to his feelings blablabla* At the mansion, too. Things worked out because of me. Without me, it would've been a lot worse."
He referred to the incident with the curse and the children as well. Without him, she could've lost her support for the throne (there was a passage indicating that Roswaal would've beared the blame otherwise, thus damaging his and Emilia's reputation). Degrading his actions to just being nice and putting her on a pedestal without considering the things he has done is overlooking a crucial part and doesn't do it justice.

His behavior is not okay because he seemed mentally unstable from the beginning on. And the last part is typical stuff a feminist spouts. Good job at dismissing the important parts in his speech. I'm quite speechless myself.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 27, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Thevsamovies said:

Pretty sure Emilia answered that........."You did it for yourself" which is in fact partially true. He could have just run away from everything instead of being some white knight.

The problem is Subaru just reverted back to being idiot and selfish MC after the development he had in the previous 2 arcs. As much as people like to say deconstruction, reality or whatnot it will seem like cheap drama just for the heck of it because the situation could easily be avoided by the Subaru we saw till episode 11 who could at least adapt or use his head.

Let's get's this straight his is development last arc had nothing do anything happening here. The whole point of 2nd half of Arc 2 was that Subaru came to understand that Rem and Ram where not necessarily bad people despite what they doing to him prior timelines. Here it is his own flaws caused the issue this. Suabru never ever been entirely selfless (nobody is) nor has he not made mistakes that upseted people from time to time. If he's dumb for that reason everyone world is dumb.
Iron_MawJun 27, 2016 8:48 AM
Jun 27, 2016 8:42 AM

Jan 2016
what business of his is her candidacy for the crown?
Jun 27, 2016 8:48 AM
Nov 2013
Well, really interesting episode.

First....i read some people are having theories about emilia being actually jealous witch Satella, and that she's really just playing with him. I find that very, very interesting idea BUT, i do wonder about it.

Like, didn't Puck, in ep1 or so, when emilia introduced to subaru as Satella, reacted with a shock on his face, and even said "You really have a bad taste" or something along those lines? Sure this could be something else too, but still, doesn't this kinda comfirm she's not the jealous witch?

But hm, i do wonder if they do pull out something they did in another anime (or rather, light novel). Meaning, maybe she really isn't Satella, but that still doesn't make it impossible that maybe realy witch is indeed playing with him; maybe even MAKING him think he's madly in love with her, to somehow damage emilia. Now that would be a twist. At least it shocked me some in that certain LN i rather not mentione to avoid spoilers. :P

Hm, now to actual episode.
I must admit, i skipped 1 or 2 times forward, since it really was hard to watch him making fool of himself like that. Especially at the end.

And....yeah, it's hard to be sure what to think of him.

== CODE GEASS SPOILERS HERE == (yes you red it right :P).

HE reminds me kinda of Lelouch, as he kinda has the similar role. he kinda has to achieve something good, like , save everyone, but in a way that noone will ever know he's really doing that.
And i think it's interesting to compare to two.
Lelouch takes his role, and while being also very down mentally, he's still ready to do it. But why? He was screwed around with all his life, being helpless to do anything, so he pretty much went throught (roughly) what subaru is going on now. Besides that, LL was a little older, he came from royal family, and he's used to dirty play that his world throws at him. AND, he's genius on top.
So naturally, he eventually understands what he has to do (saving people, but making sure noone finds out about his plan, ever), and is ready enough to do it.

But subaru is different. He's younger, he's obviously not from royal family, (the way he talks and behaves), he doesn't seems to have nearly the same intelect as lelouch, and in general is just your average teen. The real teen, not anime teen. And teens do stupid things. He's thrown into this world, and while he suffers and all, so far, he managed to achieve whatever he set out to do thanks to his special power. But that's just it, unlike LL at some points, he always felt he can do anything and things will just be fine. LL had to see this as small kid that things just don't go this way, and you have to try things differnetly.

Subaru , on the other hand, just feels VERY inexperienced in all these things, so it's to be expected, that unlike LL in most cases, he will do some really stupid shit like in this ep, because he's not some royal genius mastermind like LL, he's just your average teen boy. Boy, like any other, who can be also selfish, and stupid when put under tons of stress. And he acted exactly like that.

So, while it was REALLY hard to watch it, in a way, i like this a lot because this is how i would expect person like him, to react, after all this. Especially when he can't just explain himself (who knows if anyone would believe him EVEN if he was able to).
Jun 27, 2016 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
Am I the only one who kinda understands Subaru? You die and go through lots of suffering trying to help everyone, even though you know people don't know about that you hope somehow you got some credit with these people. Of course he could have acted the right way and understood the fact Emilia don't know shit, but rather I think he acted more like a human by getting mad and everything.
Jun 27, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 2015
790+ replies...wtf wtf MAL????? Self' proclaimed knight = Subaru, I agree to critics, Subaru is generic/annoying MC....Roswall would be better....7/10
Jun 27, 2016 8:50 AM
Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:

His development last arc had nothing freaking do anything happening. The whole point of 2nd half of Arc 2 was that Subaru came to understand that Rem and Ram where not necessarily bad people despite what they doing to him prior timelines. That had nothing to do with his own flaws caused this issue.

The amount of effort he put in understanding curses and other stuff showed that he isn't totally stupid and i don't believe that was 1-time only. At the very least Subaru should have come to understand that his actions have consequences for people around him (Rem dying when he holed up being all scared or getting suspected because of his dumb attitude) or he should be a little more capable. If he didn't realize any of that during the last arc then he just comes up as a pretty bad character than being inconsistent for the sake of drama. It looks the latter to me tbh.

Jun 27, 2016 8:51 AM
Jul 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Thevsamovies said:

I love how when someone tries to help other people, everyone thinks there is some ulterior motive. He can't just be trying to help out because he is a good person.

I bet if he was more powerful everyone would change their minds and be praising him for sticking up for what's right.
Jun 27, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2010
FragOutFire said:
what business of his is her candidacy for the crown?

None. He decided to help her of his own will partily due to the debt owes her as well as being a comrade. In otherwords he's mainly supporting her as a friend.
Jun 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2016
Thevsamovies said:
I love how when someone tries to help other people, everyone thinks there is some ulterior motive. He can't just be trying to help out because he is a good person.

I bet if he was more powerful everyone would change their minds and be praising him for sticking up for what's right.

How would beating a knight in a meaningless duel over Subaru's honor help Emilia in any way?
Jun 27, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2016
TeamDalaiLana said:
People keep saying Restart restart blah blah

As if that's such an easy thing to do. Death is painful.

Well it may not be, but if he does he may get a better outcome. I think he may not because in an earlier episode he said he didn't want to restart because he hates pain. Whatever I'm confused af.
Jun 27, 2016 8:57 AM
Aug 2012
Thevsamovies said:

Except in this Royal Succession everyone has ulterior motives. Subaru broke his promise to Emilia and made the situation worse instead. She was already hated because of being a half-elf and his self-proclaimed knight turned out to a joke. Subaru got what he deserved.

Action speaks louder than words and Subaru failed hard. He doesn't have any evidence neither the strength or influence. He knows he is weak but doesn't try to improve either. So your point fails hard here my friend. He got what he deserved because of his own idiotic actions.

Jun 27, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
Felt was so CUTE!!
Jun 27, 2016 8:58 AM
Jul 2012
FragOutFire said:
Thevsamovies said:

How would beating a knight in a meaningless duel over Subaru's honor help Emilia in any way?

That's unrelated, that part had nothing to do with anyone else and he has the right to end up getting beaten up.
Jun 27, 2016 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Jagd84 said:

His development last arc had nothing freaking do anything happening. The whole point of 2nd half of Arc 2 was that Subaru came to understand that Rem and Ram where not necessarily bad people despite what they doing to him prior timelines. That had nothing to do with his own flaws caused this issue.

The amount of effort he put in understanding curses and other stuff showed that he isn't totally stupid and i don't believe that was 1-time only. At the very least Subaru should have come to understand that his actions have consequences for people around him (Rem dying when he holed up being all scared or getting suspected because of his dumb attitude) or he should be a little more capable. If he didn't realize any of that during the last arc then he just comes up as a pretty bad character than being inconsistent for the sake of drama. It looks the latter to me tbh.

Nothing in your post addressed my point about development. Whether somebody is stupid or not has nothing doing to with that. Just because you about magic does not mean you will not screw up something else. Because those two have nothing to do with each other. Suabru was suspeted simply because he was stranger with no identifiable background, Rem's death had nothing to do with him and no fault of his own. At point he thought she was real killer before she died.

Notice how this has no logical connection what is going right now? You just whining because he made a mistake with good intentions and act out emotionally.
Jun 27, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Thevsamovies said:

Except in this Royal Succession everyone has ulterior motives. Subaru broke his promise to Emilia and made the situation worse instead. She was already hated because of being a half-elf and his self-proclaimed knight turned out to a joke. Subaru got what he deserved.

Action speaks louder than words and Subaru failed hard. He doesn't have any evidence neither the strength or influence. He knows he is weak but doesn't try to improve either. So your point fails hard here my friend. He got what he deserved because of his own idiotic actions.

Pretty much.

Majority of what Subaru did this or previous episode made no sense and helped nobody. It was a strange self-centered hysteric fit over not being rewarded for being good. And in the last scene Subaru literally tells Emilia that he is doing all the stuff because he expects praise and gratitude from her as a reward - Ep11-12 Subaru does not want to help Emilia. He wants her to see him helping her and appreciate and reward him for it.
Jun 27, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
Kokorohagurasu said:
Am I the only one who kinda understands Subaru? You die and go through lots of suffering trying to help everyone, even though you know people don't know about that you hope somehow you got some credit with these people. Of course he could have acted the right way and understood the fact Emilia don't know shit, but rather I think he acted more like a human by getting mad and everything.
o

No you aren't. What's dumb there is people here can't who incapable understanding basic human emotion and fact does cause people mistakes regardless of intelligence or what not.
Jun 27, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
when does he die again?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Jun 27, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Thevsamovies said:

Just because he failed doesn't mean he did it for selfish reasons, he was angry and stuck up for his friend. in any normal situation that would have been acceptable and he obviously wasn't raised in an environment where it's "respect nobility or die". Interjections like his are common in our society. Do I think he maybe should have taken a different course of action? Yes, he has flaws like every human being. That doesn't make him a terrible narcissistic selfish person.

Also he does try to improve. He learned magic remember, he also learned to read and do basic housework. You know this whole series he's been constantly trying not to die and has no chance to train super hard because A. It's only been 7 actual days B. He's had to try and outsmart every enemy.
Jun 27, 2016 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
FragOutFire said:
Thevsamovies said:

That's where you wrong. That duel between Julius and Suabru had little do with helping Emilia herself then Subaru proving his that he had as much resolve as they did to be a Knight and ultimately be her Knight like Julius is with Anastasia.
Jun 27, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2012
Jagd84 said:
Kokorohagurasu said:
o

No you aren't. What's dumb there is people here can't who incapable understanding basic human emotion and fact does cause people mistakes regardless of intelligence or what not.

Agreed. It's because they can sit comfortably and watch from the sidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Jagd84 said:

He was shown using his brain plenty of times.

The way he tried to con Rom, the way he approached the barter for the insignia, the way he approached the first loops in the mansion trying to recreate situation and learn more, the way he actually thought and used his brain and kept notes of important details trying to solve the situation, the way he approached the stake-out outside the mansion to find out the killer, etc....

hell, even the way he fought the dogs by actually being smart and insightful.

Yet suddenly one ep latter he acts braindead.

This is literally the last time in this arc that Subaru said anything smart:

Its hilarious that the writing of his character in Ep11 and Ep12 literally contradicts the scene from the start of the same episode.

That end rant of this episode though literally made only him being drugged/mind-controlled by the witch into jealousy, as the only reasonable explanation of the change in personality.
Jun 27, 2016 9:18 AM
Jul 2012
Quams said:
Kokorohagurasu said:

No, I agree with on that. He didn't take Emilia's feelings into consideration though. Breaking his promise with Emilia and going to the castle is understandable since he needs to be there to use his relife ability. However, the way he acted during the royal selection was not acceptable.

He becomes an handicap by embarassing Emilia due to his pride and jealousy. As Emilia said, Subaru thought the whole process was about himself when this time what she asked him to do was take on a side character role. He couldn't bring himself to do that and that's the main point she is criticizing him on.

I wonder how (if?) their relationship will recover from that.

I can see the logic behind this point, i think he definitely has flaws i just feel bad because everyone seems to misunderstand him and treat him poorly (also see - this thread). My fear is somehow he'll never receive any gratitude or be forced to apologize for everything, then start being submissive to everyone's whims, cause god forbid he cares about himself too.
Jun 27, 2016 9:21 AM
Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:

Nothing in your post addressed my point about development. Whether somebody is stupid or not has nothing doing to with that. Just because you about magic does not mean you will not screw up something else. Because those two have nothing to do with each other.

No it at least showed that Subaru's character isn't completely retarded unlike what we saw in the last 2 episodes. Did he really think he could fight a trained knight with nothing but BS? Am i supposed to believe Subaru is completely emotional and incapable of using his brain? No not really after what happened in the last 2 arcs.

Jagd84 said:

Suabru was suspected simply because he was stranger with no identifiable background, Rem's death had nothing to do with him and no fault of his own. At point he thought she was real killer before she died.

His actions fueled the flames even more and caused his death.
Him not taking any action caused the death of another person.

Even if it's only a little bit, he should understand that anything he does will have consequences on people and it could be rather negative as well. Seems like he never learned from it and went full retard in the worst possible moment for convenience's sake

Jagd84 said:

Notice how this has no logical connection what is going right now? You just whining because he made a mistake with good intentions and act out emotionally.

Uhh no i am whining because his actions mostly negated any development he was supposed to have in the previous 2 arcs and turned him into a retarded obsessive stalker character when he wasn't completely like that. It feels inconsistent and just plot-induced stupidity for the sake of drama in my opinion. But take it as you like.....

Jun 27, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2016
Jagd84 said:
FragOutFire said:

That's where you wrong. That duel between Julius and Suabru had little do with helping Emilia herself

... That's what my smart-ass sarcastic question meant. You said I'm wrong but then basically just agreed with me?

I can't believe so many people are sympathizing with Subaru for being a beta orbiter whiteknight. Emilia doesn't consider Subaru that close of a friend. She doesn't want him there. He crossed the line when he butted into her business. And then he started dumb fights and ended up screaming at her saying, "Look at how nice I am, I deserve your admiration."

If this was happening on Earth, Subaru would be complaining on his facebook how dumb bitches don't appreciate nice guys and only go for jerks
Jun 27, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
Fai said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

He was shown using his brain plenty of times.

The way he tried to con Rom, the way he approached the barter for the insignia, the way he approached the first loops in the mansion trying to recreate situation and learn more, the way he actually thought and used his brain and kept notes of important details trying to solve the situation, the way he approached the stake-out outside the mansion to find out the killer, etc....

hell, even the way he fought the dogs by actually being smart and insightful.

Yet suddenly one ep latter he acts braindead.

This is literally the last time in this arc that Subaru said anything smart:

Its hilarious that the writing of his character in Ep11 and Ep12 literally contradicts the scene from the start of the same episode.

That end rant of this episode though literally made only him being drugged/mind-controlled by the witch into jealousy, as the only reasonable explanation of the change in personality.

Fai I don't mean to keep combatting you, but this was the first time Subaru ever saw Emilia actually getting disrespected.
She told him before in the first loop that elves aren't looked on in a good light and he noted this but it's different from actually hearing about discrimination than seeing it.
Tbh I only disagree with a few of your points, because the majority of your logic is sound so I hope I'm not coming across as pretentious or anything. Just to me I can see this stuff making sense within Subaru's character. We've seen Subaru before but to me this is his "ugly" side. You know, the asshole side of you that everyone has
Jun 27, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
FragOutFire said:
Jagd84 said:

That's where you wrong. That duel between Julius and Suabru had little do with helping Emilia herself

... That's what my smart-ass sarcastic question meant. You said I'm wrong but then basically just agreed with me?

I can't believe so many people are sympathizing with Subaru for being a beta orbiter whiteknight. Emilia doesn't consider Subaru that close of a friend. She doesn't want him there. He crossed the line when he butted into her business. And then he started dumb fights and ended up screaming at her saying, "Look at how nice I am, I deserve your admiration."

If this was happening on Earth, Subaru would be complaining on his facebook how dumb bitches don't appreciate nice guys and only go for jerks

Yeah, but like you said. "If this was on Earth." The fact is it's in a fantasy world and you can't exactly die 10000000 times irl and just revive. So his unique circumstances probably make it easier for people to feel for him. if this was a slice of life anime, not so much. Irl people die when they are killed (heh)

I do think some people are trying a bit too hard with trying to excuse his actions but I'd say it's more pitying Subaru than sympathy. And if it's sympathy they are probably relating to Subaru with how he's fucked things up and even though he had good intentions, he didn't stop to consider what other people thought and let his emotions get to him.
Jun 27, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2012
Yuzuryn said:
FragOutFire said:

Yeah, but like you said. "If this was on Earth." The fact is it's in a fantasy world and you can't exactly die 10000000 times irl and just revive. So his unique circumstances probably make it easier for people to feel for him. if this was a slice of life anime, not so much. Irl people die when they are killed (heh)

I do think some people are trying a bit too hard with trying to excuse his actions but I'd say it's more pitying Subaru than sympathy. And if it's sympathy they are probably relating to Subaru with how he's fucked things up and even though he had good intentions, he didn't stop to consider what other people thought and let his emotions get to him.

sympathy and pity are synonyms unless you mean, like, empathy.
Jun 27, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
FragOutFire said:
Jagd84 said:

I'm sympathizing because he's not being a beta whiteknight. Just because you making retartded reductionist comments does not change Subaru had his reason for what he did and that due past events that happening to him for over month. I'm sorry if you fucking incapable of viewing a situation multiple perspectives based on a individual character circumstances beyond your bias. That is no my problem.
Pages (28) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1170 by Lejy0nr »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

725 by motakku »»
May 17, 5:36 PM

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.