New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 19, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
For a while, Yes
But for the rest of my life? No, I still prefer my own country
Jun 19, 2016 8:36 AM

Dec 2015
I have been really really serious to wether I can work abroad or not.

Yes, it is very convenient to live in Japan but when it comes to work, I have terrible headache.
We work for long hours meaninglessly and spend our precious time working complaining and being stressed.

But I don't have any ability to make living abroad....
So I'm depressed currently. I can't find any solution ....
Jun 19, 2016 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Just because you are going to japanese, that doesn't mean you are becoming an anime.. it's just a normal place. I would move to Japan, just the same way I'd move to anywhere that isn't where I live currently tbh
Jun 19, 2016 8:50 AM
Feb 2016
I would probally only go for a short while because....

Japan has a very corrupt court system though and they force innocent people to confess for crimes they did not do and they can keep you in custody for 28 days and you are no allowed to make any phone calls during this time

Japan is also extremely sexist by making women take 3 years off when they have a baby and women are also made to bring coffee to men during work and there is a lot more.
Jun 19, 2016 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
No, most likely not. I won't be able to handle the xenophobia there. Besides, I don't want to be a slave work robot working insane hours.

And the English teaching thing is true. My friend taught in Japan as an English teacher and was never able to speak any Japanese at all. He told me he taught them a bunch of swear words and stuff like that
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).
Jun 19, 2016 9:18 AM

May 2016
going to japan=automatically knowing all their language?
sign me up
Jun 19, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
Veronin said:
If you can't speak and read Japanese, please do not visit the country. You'll be a nuisance to everyone there and hurt Japan's perception of foreigners even more. It is a Japanese country, not an English one. Expecting people to kneel over and accommodate you with special treatment because you were too lazy to learn their language is not how it works. It's actually quite rude.

On-topic: I'm moving to Tokyo in a couple months to study at a university. Looking forward to it quite a bit.

Don't foreigners do this in America? They come to America but learn as they live there. You can't expect someone to be fluent in the language as a requirement before you go to their country, and I certainly wouldn't expect that from them. They have to start from somewhere.

My Japanese classmate obviously studied English in Japan, but it's a whole different game when you actually go to the country. Over time however he want from bad to decent to good to basically fluent. He was never a nuisance, he was just trying to learn. He was not getting 'special treatment' we just understood that he was trying his best to use a language he never actively used before. And he certainly wasn't lazy for not knowing the language before coming here.
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).
Jun 19, 2016 11:09 AM

Feb 2008
Fatalistic said:
Don't foreigners do this in America? They come to America but learn as they live there. You can't expect someone to be fluent in the language as a requirement before you go to their country, and I certainly wouldn't expect that from them. They have to start from somewhere.

My Japanese classmate obviously studied English in Japan, but it's a whole different game when you actually go to the country. Over time however he want from bad to decent to good to basically fluent. He was never a nuisance, he was just trying to learn. He was not getting 'special treatment' we just understood that he was trying his best to use a language he never actively used before. And he certainly wasn't lazy for not knowing the language before coming here.

But he already started learning the language before he came to the US. That's fine. Nobody is expecting fluency. What bothers me is when people know zero Japanese or like five stock phrases and expect everything to be in English for them. People are busy, I get it, but studying a little bit isn't too much to ask.
Jun 19, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2014
I'd live there if all my expenses were paid off, maybe.
Jun 19, 2016 5:49 PM

Jun 2016
I have heard that going to Doctor appointments, medicine, etc. is cheaper. This would help my mom very much. Right now, she needs a surgery but it's too expensive, Medicare pays up to 80% (she said it is actually less) So she has to pay the rest, which we do not have that much money right now. She also is supposed to go to doctor appointments more frequently but Medicare like I said only pays so much for it. If I remember correctly, my mom said that she has to get the appointments all paid off before she can go to another appointment. If it's true that in Japan it's a lot cheaper there, then I would love to move there with my mom so my mom can have it easier.
SweetRoseJun 19, 2016 5:53 PM
Jun 19, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
Probably not to be honest. I like where I live it'd be kinda hard "restarting" my life by moving there. I definitely would love to visit there tho.

caught in the wonder
Jun 20, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 2014
Veronin said:
Fatalistic said:

But he already started learning the language before he came to the US. That's fine. Nobody is expecting fluency. What bothers me is when people know zero Japanese or like five stock phrases and expect everything to be in English for them. People are busy, I get it, but studying a little bit isn't too much to ask.

i bet you've never been in europe then. you can go through multiple diffrent countries speaking diffrent languages in one day, thats going to take you a shitload of studying then..
it's completely normal for tourist, and even imigrants to just speak english(which 90% of the time if not even their first language ether), and no one gives a fuck. english is a universal language that is taught almost all over the world these days (some places better than others), while Japanese, Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, Polish etc are not. expecting all visiters to know the language is stupid.
maybe you never thought about that since you seem to be from an english speaking country, so most people will obviously know the language when they visit.

i bet you hate my chinese friend cause he can't speak german even though he's living there right? my niece's housmates who go to an international school here probably too right?
all my colleagues from Polland, Czech and Hungary, who do the shitty work everyone else in this country feels the're too good for.

i've been to japan, and came by fine with just english and some random japanese words. i can understand japanese a little though. same for lots of japanese i notices, understanding english is easier than speaking it, so ive met people who i spoke english to, and they spoke japanese back (while mixing some words in here and there)
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Jun 20, 2016 4:56 AM
May 2009
Japan would be suprisingly cheaper than where I am now.

Means I can retire in half the time.
Jun 20, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2016
why not? even if it's for a short while; it'd be great to improve language knowledge aswell :3
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - 39 minutes ago

5 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - May 1

30 by ProtoSelf »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

31 by Noboru »»
26 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - Yesterday

18 by Zettaiken »»
51 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

23 by Zettaiken »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.