Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2016 2:33 PM

May 2015
Lmao, the homeroom teacher is being one big asshole. But yeah, great episode. We got to learn about the Kizna Project, and that was sure sad ;S..

Jun 11, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
Yamada's such a douce

Happy for nico having real friends now :)

Really felt bad for Nori after finding out how much suffering she had. Dat smile was adorable
Jun 11, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2010
tsubasalover said:
Eating can foods. So the group didn't meet up since then, and no more mission from the committee. It's really gone after summer. Fushigi-kei girl was really lonely without them for the rest of summer so she befriended with two guys again. The principle wants to stop the experience, it seems. Main guy felt the pain again when Nori-chan fell down the building again.

Oh, so he saw her coming out from the secret place during the rain day. The nurse teacher saw three of them came in. She told them the detail. Nori-chan's like that because she's center of the failed experiment and feels all other kids' pain including main guy's. There are some kids who survived are in a condition hard to explain. He cried while remembering some memory. They do love each other.

Yeah thanks for the recap bro.
Jun 11, 2016 2:39 PM

Mar 2015
This is the first time I've teared up when watching Kiznaiver, such a powerful episode, definitely the best so far
Jun 11, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
And I thought previous episode was sad and painful enough (No pun intended.)

Now Nori and Katsu´s personalities make real sense... And their friends... Damn, too sad.

But I´m liking this anime a lot and I still wanna see how things will turn out.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jun 11, 2016 2:55 PM

May 2015
lol I dont even know whats going on anymore
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jun 11, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
I was a bit shocked.. Couldn't even imagine what Nori-chan has to go through all these years. It explains the dedication she has on the project to be successful.
Nico is the sweetest one of them approved. Hopefully in the next episode she will gather all the team together.
Poor Katsuhira. I usually hold my tears while watching anime, but his cry at the end made me so weak..
I really hope there will be some miracle in the next two episodes and on the other hand I don't hope for it at all. A dramatic ending would be the perfect ending for this show.
Jun 11, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
I pretty much called it on Nori for quite awhile now.

Last weeks episode was heavy and hit the feels but before i started this one i told my friend in chat i was gonna start and he said prepare for feels, i said that does not work just look at plastic memories and he was like bruh you are gonna shed a tear...well i finished it and honestly i did not feel anything, i laughed a few times though.

I have been liking Nori and Chidori both since episode 1 but i told my friend i was ready to flip a table in anger if she said what i was thinking she was going to say to Tenga, but it cut off and we never found out yet.

I am partial to best friends/childhood friends because it seems to never work out in the end and makes me pissed/depressed since it happen to me IRL and went on for 10 damn years....So i am biased when it comes to these types of things.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jun 11, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2014
Another incredible episode. I love this show so much.
Jun 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2011
Best episode so far I really had feels during the flashbacks
Jun 11, 2016 3:45 PM
Jun 2010
This episode killed me. I love it ;-;
Honestly, i don't know what to do with all the emotions that the last scene left me with. It was just intense
Jun 11, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was quite nice, I like how Katsuhira finally showed emotion and how the flashback became colorful, that was such a nice touch to Katushira emotions coming back.
Jun 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2014
i wish i could score it a 11, why did you ask? because eleven is louder than ten!
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Jun 11, 2016 4:46 PM
Jun 2016
Can someone please answer me a question? Do katsuhira and chodir have a shipname??
Jun 11, 2016 4:49 PM

Jul 2007
Thug_Gou said:

(I assume that you're not very fond of the show but,) I totally agree with you.
The show focused more on their relationships not the Kizna thing. It was like a subplot now or something. xD

I don't hate the show, I don't like the show. I just pretty much feel nothing to it. Hell if it was bad in some way, it would actually be worth praise since show would be doing SOMETHING with itself, leaving SOME kind of impression. Yet nope - None of the characters, none of the plotlines affected me in anyway. The directing falls flat on its face, the storytelling too. Even the end of this episode lacks any sort of weight or build up.

The show is trying to do bunch of pretentious things and is failing at all of that. It has some corny lore that could be interesting if focused upon, but the show does not bother to and exchanges it all for sake of Okada-trademark cheap melodrama between poorly written stereotypes.

The only question it elicits is "why should I care about anything that is going on?"

Its the dullest and most empty show of the season. I can sit through episodes of Tanaka's narcolepsy and not get bored, but this just creates apathy.

The show is not bad or good. It simply is. And then it will end and will no longer be and I will most likely have no idea what to score it since the show left absolutely no impression - positive or negative.
Jun 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
Can someone explain to me what exactly happened to those children toward the end of the episode? Are they just vegetable due to the experiment?

As a side note, this show easily has the best art style, not surprised considering it's Trigger, since art looks so similar to Kill la Kill.

Jun 11, 2016 4:51 PM
Jun 2016
Can someone please answer me a question? Do katsuhira and chodir have a shipname??
Jun 11, 2016 4:54 PM

Jun 2016
Thug_Gou said:
natsu791 said:

I am 100% percentage sure. They can't feel pain and unable to feel pain isn't a gift. You can die any time without even realized that you are hurted. It's almost 0 chance of success. They can't even connect to each other pain, feeling, and they have 0 emotion at this point. Those kids in the first experiment never want this either so it's not about who should be use or not. It's about if this experiment make sense or not.

Meh fck science. I still stand by my point
Also... What this guy said.....
Fuchs23 said:

Yeah. First experiment is failure and she is main victim. What she does? She supports people who did this to her. She supports new experiment on the group of innocent people (without their consent). Is that right? Is that wise?
You worship her because she is dumb? Well she is cute and dumb. Many people will like it.

Well, what that guy said is totally wrong. Using other people to achieve your own goal is not "dumb".
Jun 11, 2016 4:55 PM
Jun 2016
So like it was a decent episode for me?? I feel sympathetic for noriko bit i still don't like her, liked that scene when she was a kid though. Chidori is heartbroken thank god katsuhira is not a heartless dick and gave her some attention at the begining of the episode!

Hisomu is a good boy it seems, i never know what he'll do... Nico, i love her i hope she doesn't get rejected! And gets with tenga my homie!! We got to know about the kizna's first experiment which was cool y'know plot and such? Didn't see much of yuta or honoka... The teacher is a bitche and urushi is nice... Yeah, decent i guess... Also kacchon cried like a baby and so did i
Jun 11, 2016 4:57 PM

Nov 2014
That ending made me sad. Nori-chan :(
Hi there
Jun 11, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2016
zal said:
I still don't understand why Hisomu is even part of the cast, from what I remember the only useful thing he did is bring food to Katsuhira in this episode. Easily the character I dislike the most.

I don't get the transition from losing sense of pain to become stoned like that, I don't feel pity for them but curiosity, I would like this to be more elaborated.

Another thing I find difficult to accept is how they are treating sensations and feelings like something materialistic and they can move them from a person to the other which doesn't make sense to me. Also why isn't possible to undo the kizna to the old kids like they did with the new teenagers?

You know how our pain comes from the "electric" signals that our brain send to the rest of our nervous system? My theory is that the Kizna system register those signals from ones brain and and sent that information to others kiznas that makes the brain repeat the same patterns from the source...

At the same time, the Kizna can mess with your brain to alter those signal to ones that represent a lesser pain than the user woud've felt, giving then that "divided" pain impression...
HyperLJun 11, 2016 5:11 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 11, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
The lump I got in my throat when Katsuhira-kun started to cry ;_;
Jun 11, 2016 5:12 PM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:
I still don't understand why Hisomu is even part of the cast, from what I remember the only useful thing he did is bring food to Katsuhira in this episode. Easily the character I dislike the most.

I don't get the transition from losing sense of pain to become stoned like that, I don't feel pity for them but curiosity, I would like this to be more elaborated.

Another thing I find difficult to accept is how they are treating sensations and feelings like something materialistic and they can move them from a person to the other which doesn't make sense to me. Also why isn't possible to undo the kizna to the old kids like they did with the new teenagers?

You know how our pain comes from the "eletric" signals that our brain send to the rest of our nervous system? My theory is that the Kizna system register those signals from ones brain and and sent that information to others kiznas that makes the brain repeat the same patterns from the source...
That wouldn't explain the elimination of the pain in the other Kiznaivers and the persistence of pain in Noriko, they could undo the Kizna thing like they did with the new Kiznaivers.
I would accept a sharing of pain like my body receives 10, I feel 10 and you feel 10.
But it seems that it works something like my body receives 10, I feel 5 and you feel 5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
Lo, that scene where Hisomu was looking at Katsuhira, I can already hear the people writing fan fiction about it xD
Jun 11, 2016 5:19 PM

May 2016
zal said:
HyperL said:

You know how our pain comes from the "eletric" signals that our brain send to the rest of our nervous system? My theory is that the Kizna system register those signals from ones brain and and sent that information to others kiznas that makes the brain repeat the same patterns from the source...
That wouldn't explain the elimination of the pain in the other Kiznaivers and the persistence of pain in Noriko, they could undo the Kizna thing like they did with the new Kiznaivers.
I would accept a sharing of pain like my body receives 10, I feel 10 and you feel 10.
But it seems that it works something like my body receives 10, I feel 5 and you feel 5.

I think the term "elimination of the pain" is just a soft way of saying their brains got fucked up and lost some of their fuctions, which would also explain why they look like stoners...I don't know why Nori's pain is permanent tho...

EDIT: Oh way, SORRY, i thought you were talking about the subjects losing their capacity of feeling pain and not the pain "split"
HyperLJun 11, 2016 5:25 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 11, 2016 5:25 PM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:

I think the term "elimination of the pain" is just a soft way of saying their brains got fucked up and lost some of their fuctions, which would also explain why they look like stoners...I don't know why Nori's pain is permanent tho...

EDIT: Oh way, SORRY, i think you were talking about the subjects losing their capacity of feeling pain and not the pain "split"
However their explanation is completely different. They say it works like the second scenario and that the missing 5 kinda messed up them because they couldn't accept their feeling and pain back anymore, kinda...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
Why does Katsuhira crying sound like moaning?
Jun 11, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2014
zal said:
HyperL said:

EDIT: Oh way, SORRY, i think you were talking about the subjects losing their capacity of feeling pain and not the pain "split"
However their explanation is completely different. They say it works like the second scenario and that the missing 5 kinda messed up them because they couldn't accept their feeling and pain back anymore, kinda...

They made it seem like they don't feel anything. Not just physical pain but emotional pain or any kind of real emotion. Throughout the show Kitsuhira barely feels anything and comes off as very stoic and lifeless because of that and these are basically more intense versions of that.
Jun 11, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2016
zal said:
HyperL said:

However their explanation is completely different. They say it works like the second scenario and that the missing 5 kinda messed up them.

Well, if my theory of the system registeryng and sending the brain signals are correct, it wouldn't be out of question that the system could also literally mess with your brain and alter those signals to represent a weaker pain than the original one, so if there's like 5 people connected, the system will alter the signal to represent a pain 5 times weaker and then send it to others...
Jun 11, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Why does Katsuhira crying sound like moaning?

Probably because he's really never felt that emotional before and has never really cried, so it just happened like that.

Jun 11, 2016 5:39 PM

May 2016
SpyKi said:
zal said:

They made it seem like they don't feel anything. Not just physical pain but emotional pain or any kind of real emotion. Throughout the show Kitsuhira barely feels anything and comes off as very stoic and lifeless because of that and these are basically more intense versions of that.

Well, I talked at first about brain signals and nervous system, but the fact is that EVERYTHING that we humans feel, physical or emotional, comes or at least have something to do with our brain...Since this is fiction, it's not totally out of question to conclude that the Kizna system Literally messes with the subjects brains altering thoses pains and emotions as well as sending them to others...
Jun 11, 2016 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
Episode 10 and 9, to me, redeem Kizaniver as a series. All this time seems to me as just development for our side characters and slowly whittling away at what the Kizna system's intentions are. Katsuhira being the center of it all sees this, gains a different perspective on the world and human interactions, and learns more about himself.

Now episode 10 wraps up all that was built up and essentially was made into a spicy tuna roll in which we can finally eat after seeing the workings of what the Kizna system is actually doing.

It's so nice seeing development on Nori after her just being within the background overlooking the whole situation. It was heartbreaking seeing her go through to much and that same pain is felt especially with Katsuhira at the ending scene as well
Jun 11, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2014
HyperL said:
SpyKi said:

Well, I talked at first about brain signals and nervous system, but the fact is that EVERYTHING that we humans feel, physical or emotional, comes or at least have something to do with our brain...Since this is fiction, it's not totally out of question to conclude that the Kizna system Literally messes with the subjects brains altering thoses pains and emotions as well as sending them to others...

I can definitely see that leaving long lasting brain damage. Valid idea.
Jun 11, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2015
SpyKi said:
zal said:

I get that but my original post was about how they make it seem like they transferred the pain and emotions from on to the other and now are unable to return them. However having the Kizna devices nullify them and then make a replica into somebody else is different and should be easier to heal from that.
Jun 11, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2014
zal said:
SpyKi said:

I get that but my original post was about how they make it seem like they transferred the pain and emotions from on to the other and now are unable to return them. However having the Kizna devices nullify them and then make a replica into somebody else is different and should be easier to heal from that.

They said they just couldn't find a way to break the original connection. I'm not sure why that is, probably just down to not fully understanding what they were doing in the first place. I think that's part of the reason they did the new test, or at least why Nori is involved, trying to save herself and the others affected by further understanding the process. I think they're still trying to figure it out.
Jun 11, 2016 6:07 PM

May 2015
SpyKi said:
zal said:

They said they just couldn't find a way to break the original connection. I'm not sure why that is, probably just down to not fully understanding what they were doing in the first place. I think that's part of the reason they did the new test, or at least why Nori is involved, trying to save herself and the others affected by further understanding the process. I think they're still trying to figure it out.
And that would be fine if it was explained and not just left for speculation.
From what I understood they couldn't return the pain because the kids wouldn't accept it back?
Jun 11, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2010
This series is really good in a teenaged-angsty awkward way (being in my 20s, this series feels like I'm back in high school again).

I get Chidori's reasoning, even though she is just being a bitch about letting go. I think for her, loving Katsuhira for so long gave her the impression that she was the only one who could love and take care of him. She did a lot for him, but I think it's partly her fault for denying she was in love with him and expecting him to just fall in love with her because she wanted him to episodes later (being a tsundere don't mean shit in real life - she should have been like Nico). I think it was selfish on her part personally, but Katsuhira is completely not to blame either. It's mainly because his emotions and wiring is fucked up that he's a blockhead.

Nico is my favorite. I love her character and I love how she moves forward no matter what. The trio in this episode made me happy.

As for Sonozaki, I fucking feel bad for her. Basically, she has chronic pain syndrome but multipled by infinity. She seemed so heartless and just emotionless but it makes sense. A vital part of both brain development and social development really is learning from others' facial expressions, body language and your brain constantly modifying itself to help you and help you survive in a social world. Because Sonozaki felt the emotions, pain and sensations from 19 other people, she never got to figure out her own self and her body probably couldn't handle so it has to shut down to even function on a minimum level. And what's driving her is probably whatever remains of her time as a child in terms of her thinking. While her logic of continuing the experiment is definitely unethical, I think knowing her moral stance would be interesting because it seems like her value of getting Kacchon and her friends' feelings back drove her to push and do another. It's so unethical, but I think people forget that many folks do unethical things from so-called values and morals. All of the Neuroscience and Psych I studied in college is rapid time moving to understand how this would work, but it is beyond fucked up as a system. Like this experiment should have never happened.

I'm sad to see this end, but the next two episodes could be really good or bad depending on where they go.
Jun 11, 2016 6:13 PM

May 2016
zal said:
SpyKi said:

One of your questions was Why thei coudn't undo the Kizna system from the old kids since they did with the new ones....well from what i've seen, they did not "undo" the system from the new ones either. They keep saying that the system would only go after summer break, which for me implies that the system cannot be desativated at command, and a operation to remove the devices is not possible either. So my conclusion it that the system actually had a timer programed into it to desativate the devices at a certain date. And they introduced the timer as a update to the systemexactly because they coudn't desativate it in the previous experiment...
Jun 11, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2009
Glad to finally know what happened to Sonozaki and Katsuhira all those years ago. Taking on the pain of nineteen people? Yeah I can understand how she got so fucked up from that.

Seeing how expressive both her and Katsuhira both were hurts my heart (Especially that "I love you too Katsuhira!" part), and that hurt got even worse seeing Katsuhira break down at the end. God damn this episode made me hurt.
Jun 11, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
My heart just broke even further. I have so many feelings right now. I want to give Katsuhira a hug.
Jun 11, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:

One of your questions was Why thei coudn't undo the Kizna system from the old kids since they did with the new ones....well from what i've seen, they did not "undo" the system form the new ones either. They keep saying that the system would only go after summer break, which for me implies that the system cannot be desativated at command, and a operation to remove the devices is not possible either. So my conclusion it that the system actually had a timer programed into it to desativate the devices at a certain date. And they introduced the timer as a update to the systemexactly because they coudn't desativate it in the previous experiment...
If they say it in the next episodes then that's fine.
Jun 11, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2014
zal said:
SpyKi said:

And that would be fine if it was explained and not just left for speculation.
From what I understood they couldn't return the pain because the kids wouldn't accept it back?

I feel like it was pretty heavily implied. They flat out said they couldn't find a way to reverse it and throughout the show Nori keeps saying to Kitsuhira things about finding a way to get his pain back which certainly explains to me why she's still working with these people on this project.
Jun 11, 2016 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Glad to finally know what happened to Sonozaki and Katsuhira all those years ago. Taking on the pain of nineteen people? Yeah I can understand how she got so fucked up from that.

Seeing how expressive both her and Katsuhira both were hurts my heart (Especially that "I love you too Katsuhira!" part), and that hurt got even worse seeing Katsuhira break down at the end. God damn this episode made me hurt.

Yeah, seeing how expressive the two were as children really hit me where it hurts.
Jun 11, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2016
zal said:
HyperL said:

One of your questions was Why thei coudn't undo the Kizna system from the old kids since they did with the new ones....well from what i've seen, they did not "undo" the system form the new ones either. They keep saying that the system would only go after summer break, which for me implies that the system cannot be desativated at command, and a operation to remove the devices is not possible either. So my conclusion it that the system actually had a timer programed into it to desativate the devices at a certain date. And they introduced the timer as a update to the systemexactly because they coudn't desativate it in the previous experiment...

Well, it would be cool if they say it, but don't forget that the system itself, along with the experiment, is a huge plot device with the sole reason to make our characters relate and have all kinds of moments together, so explaining the way it works is not really the focus of the thing...
Jun 11, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
"I wanna protect that smile" fuck whoever animated that! why you do this to me ;-;

overall decent episode, always think believable crying is one of those harder Voice acting acts to pull off
Jun 11, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
HyperL said:
zal said:

Well, it would be cool if they say it, but don't forget that the system itself, along with the experiment, is a huge plot device with the sole reason to make our characters relate and have all kinds of moments together, so explaining the way it works is not really the focus of the thing...

Yeah, I don't really feel like it's all that necessary. They either figured out how to disable the system by changing how it was originally applied or, like you said, set it with a timer. However they did it I don't really think it needs to be explained in detail. It's one of those things where you can fill in the gaps.
Jun 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
Man, Chidori had done nothing this whole series except like Katsuhira and now all she is is a moody individual.

You'd think after feeling such incredible pain and Nori being out and his scar disappearing Katsuhira would have checked to see if he could feel pain, bu tall the same. Probably the best episode so far, since I enjoy the Katsu and Nori story, plus having Nico and Hisomu around as friends makes for an interesting dynamic.
Jun 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2014
block1 said:
Eh, I don't know. This show would've been better if they had focused more on developing Katsuhira and Sonozaki instead of just kinda leaving them stagnant for a while.

There wasn't really much more for them to do without this reveal. I think the time was better spent focusing on the other members of the group and the group dynamic as a whole.
Jun 11, 2016 7:16 PM
Feb 2016
Tenth said:
Another shit episode and am I supposed to feels something for all these characters? I guess most do but I really don't. Good to know there are only 2 episodes left of this terribly written forced drama trainwreck of a show.
Litterally stop fucking watching it if you hate it. You're the type of person to eat everything off you're plate then tell the cook that the food was complete shit. Stop bitching man.
Jun 11, 2016 7:23 PM

Jul 2010
ClassySheepdog said:
Tenth said:
Another shit episode and am I supposed to feels something for all these characters? I guess most do but I really don't. Good to know there are only 2 episodes left of this terribly written forced drama trainwreck of a show.
Litterally stop fucking watching it if you hate it. You're the type of person to eat everything off you're plate then tell the cook that the food was complete shit. Stop bitching man.

Bitching about bitching... lets not embarrass ourselves ok....
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.