Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And as I expected from the preview, Ash lost to Shota this time around.

Ash tried to force the synchro which is why it failed this time, he got distracted and Greninja lost.

Next week though, that's going to be interesting as well.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
May 12, 2016 11:04 AM
Aug 2015
I'm happy Noivern got a win! The music was top notch this episode as well. I loved that moment where Ash-Greninja didn't activate, then Ash lost, and everyone was taking his loss so seriously. That was some nice subtle continuity to his earlier winning streak. I was just thinking that the opening was getting repetitive but the way they cut that off redeemed it in my eyes.
May 12, 2016 10:37 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like Ash didn't was unable to active Ash-Greninja during the battle with Shota since this time he's not in sync with Greninja due to uneasiness/fear. I think Ash may battle Shota during the league with 6 vs. 6 instead of 3 vs. 3. A short scene on Team Flare is doing something evil/unusual with the Zygarde cells. Hmm...
pokegirlMay 12, 2016 10:41 PM
May 13, 2016 9:48 PM

Mar 2011
This episode was incredible, this battle obviously affected to Ash but he's trying to hide it, though Pikachu did notice something was off with him. Noivern is getting strong slowly and I'm glad he's getting some screen. I'm thinking Ash will have problems with Greninja like it was shown in the opening and when he fainted and saw Greninja get away, I really want to see some development in Ash this way.
Wulfric seems to be pretty badass, I hope cause he's one of my favorite gym leaders. This season is getting really interesting.
Team Flare is really going to leave a mess in Kalos.

I just... hope this means Ash will beat Shota in the Pokemon League.
May 15, 2016 12:31 PM

May 2009
Ash is falling into a depression, Shota, a trainer whom he defeated easily twice in a row finally beated him in a match. He was emotionally unstable, not competent at all as a result. His pulse was inconsistent during the match. He wasn't in synch with his pokémon like usual and it resulted as a loss that hits the pride of any trainer.....

Hang in there Ash :3
9/10
Jun 9, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2009
Another enjoyable episode as it seems like it is picking up a little. Nice to see Shota get a win over Ash as it did catch me a little off guard but it was nice. Happy to see Novern pick up a win over Aegislash though poor Hawlucha getting decimated.
Jun 9, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2010
The fight was quite interesting. It annoyed me that Ash used Noivern a (Dragon/Flying) type and know only moves with these types, against Doublade which is a steel type. Steel takes 1/2 damage from both flying and dragon attacks.
Jun 9, 2016 10:03 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
loqman22 said:
The fight was quite interesting. It annoyed me that Ash used Noivern a (Dragon/Flying) type and know only moves with these types, against Doublade which is a steel type. Steel takes 1/2 damage from both flying and dragon attacks.

Doublade was like +3 in Defense as it used like 3 Iron Defenses. So damage should have been practically very low. However this is anime and logic doesn't make sense at times.

Shota's Clawitzer had a pretty solid move set. Dragon Pulse sure surprised Ash and took out Noivern easily. If Dragon types weren't already weak to Dragon moves, a powered up Dragon Pulse due to Mega Launcher would surely take Noivern out in one hit.

Greninja losing, didn't surprise me. Ash's ambition for power and getting stronger backfired this episode. He seems to be losing faith in Greninja.

Is it just me or was it tough to see all them Puni-chans like so lifeless?

Aug 13, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
That's not how Heal Pulse works! Freaking anime-only logic...
Oct 5, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, Ash lost to Sawyer and pretty bad!

And Sawyer already has his 8 badges! I guess that's what he gets for traveling alone - focus and training lol. But he wants to see Ash's battle now and where do they pull out all these winter clothes from? lol.

Plus Ash could sync with Greninja! I think because he was too focused on how good Sawyer had gotten and not focused enough on his battle with him and what he was going to do.

Team Flare's experiments too! D:

Squishy tried to talk to Z2 again but not response.
Oct 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
I could feel the salt from Ash. Looks like he was too stressed and tried to force the issue with Greninja.
Nov 12, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, shit! Satoshi battling a random trainer at the beginning of the episode. Reminding me of the time when Satoshi only used Lizardon every battle.

Shota is back! He got 8 badges before Satoshi? WTF!

Junsa and co. running from getting tentacle raped.

Thought Junsa was going to get tentacle raped after trying to save that Pocket Monster.

Onvern getting a W.

HOLY SAKUGA! That monster ball throw when Satoshi chose Luchabull and when Satoshi thought he was synchro-ing with Gekkouga.

I missed Luchabull's theme.

Bloster getting wan taan kills on Satoshi.

I was waiting for XYZ to play again and it did, but it stopped prematurely. Damn you, Satoshi and Gekkouga for not synchro-ing.

I knew Satoshi was going to lose. Focusing too much on synchro instead of letting it happen naturally. I seriously hope Lizardon returns(and Mega evolves). It looks bleak with so much focus on Gekkouga.

Shota got better though. A win is a win, but I doubt he'd survive against Satsohi-Gekkouga this time.

lol Somba carnival with Jukain.

LMAO at Pierre Sakaki yelling "OH MY GOD!"

I see they tried to make up for tricking us with the short use XYZ this episode by using it in the preview.
RobNov 12, 2016 7:43 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.