Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2016 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
@ZetaZaku point taken.
Sep 27, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Couldn't agree the characters were BLAND and the ending was crap. The only thing that saved this series was the walkure songs and was the reason I watched it. I think it should be rated like a 6/7 not higher than 7.2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
I'm really sad about this anime, it had the potencial to be a very good macross but it was so badly done, the very first episodes weren't that bad tho but in the middle of the series (or maybe before) it seems the director give up about the series and just wanted to finish it, even the animation lowered his quality, there were many episodes that nothing happened because the info and the situacions were bad distributed, even the songs...... the 2 or 3 new songs in the concert never appeared again while they could put them in the finale idk

(sorry for my english ( ´_>´)")
Sep 27, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2008
If anything, it is overrated.
Some people might have liked it, but i was bored during the entire show.
They kinda ruined it with the dancing VF's, and there was no climbing back from that deep hole they dug for themselvs.
I could name a few worse mecha, but only one Macross, which is 7.

Just remembering Basara's catchphrase "Ore no uta wo kike", sends down chills my spine..
VargrSep 27, 2016 3:54 PM
Sep 28, 2016 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
Lets just say it turned out a LOT better than I thought it was going to. This show took a lot of shit early on but I feel it found its identity and is a good installment in this franchise. It's right around a 7.5 so I think that's fair for this site plus factoring in Macross elitists. There is still a lot to be desired from this show however. Looking back on previous installments this does not capitalize like those did. This was a rather simple Macross and in truth not a ton happened between characters on screen. It's a decent installment but not the best.
IZEROIISep 28, 2016 12:24 AM
Sep 28, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2012
I did enjoy this more than Macross Frontier in most parts. But I think Frontier ending was better. Delta ending felt so rushed
Sep 28, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2016
macross isn't underrated. it's just simply bad.
the only good thing is that orange haired girl woouwooo meme
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 28, 2016 5:27 PM
May 2013
Yea the ending kinda killed it for me, like whats going to happen after?
Freyja's lifespan clearly shortend. Like they just skipped a few shit that i dont get.
----------
From a Newcomer Macross standpoint this a a fairly good anime, but pacing is a bit too fast, and a lot of bits werent explained at the epilogue.

From a non-newbie macross standpoint this is just a bad macross adaption. I still love it because its Macross but cmon.
AnimeHavenNetSep 28, 2016 5:32 PM
Sep 28, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I agree completely with @Fai and @alterzero.

I'd add that compared to Frontier the songs are worse as well. Junna is a great singer, and Freya's VA is on Megumi nakajima's level.

But singing idol songs, Junna's voice couldn't really reach her full potential and in fact her singing being so good actually made the songs a vit weird because her parts were more powerful.

Not that she would've reached May'n's level.

Not only that, but while in F we had the great Yokko Kanno composing great arrangements for the songs, Delta had pretty bad arrangements. Most songs had terrible arrangements and the OPs and EDs + Love thunder which had a bit more were still far below Frontier's level.

The songs aren't bad per se, but I myself am not a pop music fan, but I love Frontier's songs. Delta's... I won't be listening to in the future.
Feb 28, 2019 10:03 PM

Apr 2009
Macross Frontier just set the standard way too high. But still this is a bad show. Moe and idols.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM

May 2015
NoobStomper said:
NeoRevan said:
What? Why is it having an idol group be the reason people just drop it at first glance? Macross always has a different, currently relevant style for its music, that's how we got Macross 7 being kinda Grunge Rock.

Macross series was a WAR DRAMA with singing thrown in just to spice it up, now its just a moe singing symphogear clone.

that exact reason is why im scared to start watching the macross spinoffs. I loved macross for the original and the dark themes about war and how the idols did play a part for the civilians but it wasnt just a idol based show.... i will always prefer sdf but thats me
My Candies:
Sep 18, 2019 4:20 AM
Aug 2016
As someone who has watched only frontier and delta. well i would say the 1st half of delta tv series did better than frontier tv series before the fighting got badly toned down followed by a reuse of frontier's boring ending.

However, both frontier and delta movies did quite well. My all time favourite of the two is the frontier movies so if i was to rate the movies and TV.
1. Frontier Movies
2. Delta Movie
3.Delta Tv series(everything went downhill after the episode hayate beat keith)
4. Frontier Tv series
Mar 15, 2020 4:11 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty good and better than Zero
May 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Feb 2018
Yeah, it's underrated as fuck.

Idk why fans here hate Delta and love Frontier so much. I watched the whole Macross universe and Frontier was easily the worst, it has outdated, badly drawn animation, obsolete CGI fights and lot of things were plagiarized from the original 1982 show.

Delta, however, is well-drawn, enjoyable, with a great air dogfights, good songs, cute girls and fine romance. It reminds me of M7 (same pure enjoyable type of show with lack of a good story), but it's shorter and doesn't have so much reused animation and same fights over and over again.
Apr 8, 2021 7:14 PM

Apr 2011
It's got a 7.27 overall rating as of now so NO. If anything It's incredibly over-rated and the fact that the success of the album means that Delta is now the mainstay for Macross makes my heart hurt.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 18, 2021 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
Aventine said:

Oh, also, I am too mature to watch moeshit magical girls singing

kekus maximus. So you are saying you are pseud mature xd
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM
Oct 2014
I believe it is.
It's not that Delta is bad, it's just Frontier was too good, so some people had their expectations too high.
Those who say it's a stupid moe show, probably didn't even watch it past the first episodes. It has enough dark themes and drama.
I could agree there were too many characters to follow though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Would this be appealing to someone who watched Macross Frontier only and loved it?

kUshPandA_ENJOi - Oct 9, 2017

7 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.