Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Quite a bunch of 0 pointers ;o

I think the desire to revive Naiki is a good motivation though.
Apr 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
The herd has been thinned and we are left a group of 7, I like it.

Not too confusing, though I am mixing up the "class rep" and "idol". I'll have to remember them by their hair bangs.
Apr 27, 2016 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
Yawn... stock chapter. Not sure how I feel about this still. I want to say Gantz:G has a lot of potential but its been pretty predictable so far. I find it hard to believe those kids have already cleared the game but got pwned like chumps back there. tsk tsk
Apr 30, 2016 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
Not that bad to be honest. Its better than I thought when I started reading this. At least we won`t have Tae--chan this time? Please, please. Oku!

I find it hard to believe those kids have already cleared the game but got pwned like chumps back there. tsk tsk

Yeah, but it seems they used other people to lure the monster everytime. They found their niche tactic, just like Nishi did.

At least they did not end up killed by Tanaka alien, so it still more plausible.
tearofmankindMay 1, 2016 8:34 AM
May 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
Why would the cube ever complain about the size of tits...Oh yeah, when they're too small.
May 15, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2012
tearofmankind said:
Not that bad to be honest. Its better than I thought when I started reading this. At least we won`t have Tae--chan this time? Please, please. Oku!

I find it hard to believe those kids have already cleared the game but got pwned like chumps back there. tsk tsk

Yeah, but it seems they used other people to lure the monster everytime. They found their niche tactic, just like Nishi did.

At least they did not end up killed by Tanaka alien, so it still more plausible.

Yea actually now that I think about it Nishi survived just like that by himself & almost cleared. He didn't even tell anyone about the suits either! It must be early on in the time line tho or things like that wouldn't be possible I'd say. Still tho the fact that you can't even tell some of these characters apart is a testament of poor design. Right in the first couple chapters of Gantz we already had characters with great personality & presence like Nishi, Kei, Kurono, Katou, etc. I'd even go so far as to say that the cannon fodder characters were more developed & real then some of these guys.
May 15, 2016 6:51 PM

Dec 2010
BloodyPicard said:
tearofmankind said:

Yea actually now that I think about it Nishi survived just like that by himself & almost cleared. He didn't even tell anyone about the suits either! It must be early on in the time line tho or things like that wouldn't be possible I'd say. Still tho the fact that you can't even tell some of these characters apart is a testament of poor design. Right in the first couple chapters of Gantz we already had characters with great personality & presence like Nishi, Kei, Kurono, Katou, etc. I'd even go so far as to say that the cannon fodder characters were more developed & real then some of these guys.

Yeah, you are right. And back then the concept was fresh and mysterious. Right now we know too much too be really thrilled.

Still liked the spin-off so far, could be far worse. And I hope we got some character development, considering the first mission was a bloodbath to reduce big group and the fact that we should go into "normal life between missions" type of chapters now.
May 15, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2012
tearofmankind said:
BloodyPicard said:

Yeah, you are right. And back then the concept was fresh and mysterious. Right now we know too much too be really thrilled.

Still liked the spin-off so far, could be far worse. And I hope we got some character development, considering the first mission was a bloodbath to reduce big group and the fact that we should go into "normal life between missions" type of chapters now.

I want to think that Oku will put in the effort to make this great but I'm honestly still a bit jaded with how I felt like he got lazy/wrote himself into a corner & sorta bailed outta Gantz. It took me a minute but I do like the new Artist's style & pretty much everything else. Things are just getting started & knowing what is to come is actually a major source of excitement for me cause I can't wait to see how things lead up to "catastrophe" & how the eventual team will fare. I'm just irked by all these similarities already right off the bat. It just seems lazy like a total rehash by Oku in some ways. Like Kurona's aspiring to revive Naiki, Kurona's natural affinity to being a badass fighter, & Kurona's name even! You see what I'm saying? Still I believe in this series. haha it just needs some time to fully flesh out.
May 18, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
BloodyPicard said:

I want to think that Oku will put in the effort to make this great but I'm honestly still a bit jaded with how I felt like he got lazy/wrote himself into a corner & sorta bailed outta Gantz. It took me a minute but I do like the new Artist's style & pretty much everything else. Things are just getting started & knowing what is to come is actually a major source of excitement for me cause I can't wait to see how things lead up to "catastrophe" & how the eventual team will fare. I'm just irked by all these similarities already right off the bat. It just seems lazy like a total rehash by Oku in some ways. Like Kurona's aspiring to revive Naiki, Kurona's natural affinity to being a badass fighter, & Kurona's name even! You see what I'm saying? Still I believe in this series. haha it just needs some time to fully flesh out.

Yeah, I can totaly understand your feelings. I still can`t believe how bad was the Gantz conclusion. The first part of the last arc was "no plot other than plot armor" with annoying Kei-chan/Tae-chan for 30 chapters and when we finally get a chance of getting some meaningful explanations with the "God Aliens" Oku decided to troll us all... with some bullshit fight and 2 pages of "ending". Not mentioning that Kei was a total asshole in the last arc and Tae was Mary Sue crying to save the savage murders of her family and friends because one of them was helpful. Easily one of the worst ending ever.

That`s why I can understand anyone being prejudiced against Oku. Especially with the new story looking like a poor rip-off. But then you have to remember that Oku is quite good with creating interesting characters(proven by Gantz and Inuyashiki) and if there is hope, its in the characters department.

Kei Kurona "name" is shameful though. And her skills could easily be justified by her being a n athlete or something.
tearofmankindMay 18, 2016 1:05 PM
Jun 12, 2017 5:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This boys are experts inthe game!!!!
Jan 14, 2018 3:49 AM

Jun 2012
I foresee now a tragic fate ongoing.
Nov 25, 2023 5:24 PM
Feb 2022
The giving of points is the best part in every gantz.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz:G Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

30 by Pain_The_Kami »»
Apr 24, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Gantz:G Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

14 by FedeMetal »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Gantz:G Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

6 by FedeMetal »»
Nov 26, 2023 10:50 AM

Poll: » Gantz:G Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

11 by FedeMetal »»
Nov 26, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Gantz:G Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

6 by FedeMetal »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.