Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2016 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Huh...this reminds me a bit of Gate: JSDF but with more sci-fi themes.

Strange events aside, I'm more curious about this Hiroyuki Kuze guy. Seems like a decent start so far.
May 30, 2016 5:41 AM
Jul 2014
Similar to others , such as Gate : Jieitai whatever , and Outbreak Company. However, what makes it unique are the following :
- an entire fleet is abducted by an angel , with no way to contact or return home for the time being, meaning VERY limited supplies and fighting capabilities
- the world they are thrown into has a darker scenario : an empire that seems doomed , in need of a hero, or better yet , a miracle (tactical nuk- I mean DEMOCRACY incoming). Nothing new on its own, but a new scenario for the Modern meets Fantasy world, compared to the previously mentioned ones
- I said it earlier , but will mention it again. It is a FLEET , meaning ships, and possibly navy battles to come, unlike the other 2. We have 5-6 ships in this case.

This is all the new stuff I can think about, compared to the rest. We will have swords vs gun (and artillery,navy,airstrike,missiles) fights, a harem , BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (hopefully, unlike Outbreak ... , but something like, or even better than Gate). I really hope to see a manga and anime adaptation for it. If you want some translated material (although the translator isn't great, but you will get the gist of it, for the first 3 chapters + prologue) , try hell5atan ' s blog. Make this happen , please.
Jun 2, 2016 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Huh...this reminds me a bit of Gate: JSDF but with more sci-fi themes.

Strange events aside, I'm more curious about this Hiroyuki Kuze guy. Seems like a decent start so far.

You're right, and yet you're not =P

It's actually written by the same guy who wrote Gate: JSDF. However, there might be actually be a stronger historical-mythological backing to the premise than there was with Gate: JSDF. Below is the original post I made in the MAL Gate: JSDF forum, back in November.

Laionidas said:
Apparently there exists a light novel by the same writer who wrote Gate: Rune Troopers. The premise seems to be (almost) exactly the same, save from the naval approach.

What I excited about though is that it involves the Fir Bholg. That might mean that rather than "inspired by" we might get at least some genuine Irish mythological/historical elements. There aren't much Irish themed anime, or even other Irish themed media outside of Ireland. If it is, it is usually thrown on a heap with some falsely percieved pan-European celtic theme, or worse on the "vikings and other barbarians" pile.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 26, 2016 9:52 PM
Sep 2015
Just got here from surfing through forum on GATE: Thus the JSDF Fought There, and I'm shaking with excitement from hearing more related stuff to the anime, not to mention, the same publisher!!!
This kind of remind me of the movie "The Final Countdown" but even further go back in the past. And Zipang (the manga and anime), same scenario as this one but traveled back in the past, and starring the JMSDF
Dec 30, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2014
If you like this genre, and you loved Gate, you will jump at this : Here we go again . Basically, an american tanker rewrote the novel in a realistic manner, with no BS , with the american involvement regarding everything, since Japan is under the Mutual Defence Treaty with USA. The story will evolve around a marine tanker crew, so most of the spotlight will be taken by these guys, but most events , big and small from Gate will take place in roughly the same way (with some cannon divergence, obviously) . Now, what Gate should have taken serious and cover , will be done so here. For example , when Bozes and Pina are brought in Japan, they will discover Yaoi manga, but when they go to a public library, all the while they will have all sorts of questions about our world, like why do we hike , why are there such parks in the middle of a city, why are there no kings, and later on, we see the similarities and differences between the forms of government from the 3 countries (japan, USA, and the Empire), and they will be explained WW2 , how the Americans and Japs, which seem so good friends, were sworn enemies, and about the atomic bomb. That and some actual character development, and some love stories that take place due to the existence of this crew. Now, all couples from the cannon remain, but now we have Pina , Kuribayashi , Kurokawa and Aurea (the medusa girl) forming love interests with the tank crew. Very interesting. This novel also explains how the initial counter attack wen when the troops invaded the other side of the gate (meaning special ops soldiers conducting shock and terror attacks initially) and also how these guys also infiltrated the capital and made contact with Mizaryi and the brothel. And so on. 25 chapters so far, so you will have quite a bit of material to binge read and digest. Also , the action starts at chapter 5 if you were wondering. (and the tank vs dragon at chapter 9). Hope you enjoy , KennyKt
Apr 9, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 2013
i hope this will became the anime soon, im really lookinf forward to watch this ..
May 20, 2019 10:36 AM
May 2019
This is similar to Gate but I wish this was on anime tv series in English Dub and Sub like the Anime Gate
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.