Forum Settings
Forums
Fort of Apocalypse
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hello there,
If you've been following ANT for a while, you might have noticed that the 49th chapter never got to be translated or scanlated or anything.
I've been extensively looking for any leak and I finally tumbled onto something. I don't know if I should post the link or anything, it's my first post on MyAnimeList.

[chapter spoilers]

I don't know what happened but the Final Chapter is supposed to be a conclusion with a flash forward where you get to follow unknown children as protagonists, and you see Maeda, Iwakura and Yamanoi being sort of happy..?

It doesn't really give any closure.
I have a hard time pinpointing it but it feels like the whole series have been cut short, maybe because the author was fed up with it... I don't know.

It really was a huge let down because everything had brought us to the arc's end and it had been really well constructed for what it was ; and this final chapter really oozes out with a quickly-wrapping-that-stuff-it's-over.
I don't know if I'm being an annoyed fan but I expected a better ending to this adventure.

I don't know about you and would be really glad to get any form of feedback.

Thanks for reading me, have a nice day!
Jun 5, 2016 11:23 PM

Jun 2008
Hey putaindebite,

I haven't read the chapter yet, as I am waiting for the translation. However from what you said, it reminds me of Hikaru no Go's ending... An amazing set-up with the most lackluster wrap up.

Don't worry, you're not alone!!
HEY!
Jul 15, 2016 5:36 AM

Sep 2015
putaindebite said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

It doesn't really give any closure.
I have a hard time pinpointing it but it feels like the whole series have been cut short, maybe because the author was fed up with it... I don't know.

It really was a huge let down because everything had brought us to the arc's end and it had been really well constructed for what it was ; and this final chapter really oozes out with a quickly-wrapping-that-stuff-it's-over.
I don't know if I'm being an annoyed fan but I expected a better ending to this adventure!

Yeah. no news as to why it was cut short.
It's probably because of the lack of a proper epilogue.
They didn't say anything about the other characters who survived
except for the doctor. I can accept the current situation they're in but
as to how it got to that point was sorely missed. Plus I wanted to see
those walrus zombies and other sub-species of zombies in action.
too bad but still the entire series is worth reading
[align=center][/align]
Jul 28, 2016 8:53 AM

Oct 2007
Ending ruined, everyone dies from what i can see.

So at some point everything is under control, the people aren't de-zombified, but they are kept away from the rest and 'peace' is preserved.

Eventually you just probably the last two survivors turn into zombies. How fking dull of an ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2017 11:30 PM

Feb 2015
Meh, it's not the best ending for all that buildup. Ah well, it was still enjoyable.
Jun 17, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2010
Art was good, but everything else was average.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 5, 2023 11:18 AM

May 2010
The real tragedy is we never learned what was up with the two alive guards back at the prison.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2016

19 by bluefincat »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:17 PM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 25 Discussion

only4anime - Oct 26, 2013

11 by linkmax1412 »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:38 PM

» This edgelord mangaka duo has a pretty good track record

Crixxus21 - Mar 24, 2023

0 by Crixxus21 »»
Mar 24, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 13 Discussion

Zhou - May 4, 2013

8 by peen_apple »»
Mar 18, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Apocalypse no Toride Chapter 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2015

18 by FuMomo-kun »»
Jan 31, 2023 11:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.