Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2010 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Discuss.

Raw;

http://www.animebullet.com/dance-in-the-vampire-bund-episode-1

Well this never happened in the manga.....
KaiserpingvinJan 11, 2010 4:13 AM
Jan 6, 2010 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
Almost that entire first episode seemed to have nothing to do with the manga. Seemed like some original stuff SHAFT tried to throw in.

I'd be fine with that, if the anime wasn't 12 goddamn episodes long.
Jan 6, 2010 8:40 PM
May 2009
Need to know whos subbing this D:
Jan 6, 2010 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
Haylias said:
Almost that entire first episode seemed to have nothing to do with the manga. Seemed like some original stuff SHAFT tried to throw in.

I'd be fine with that, if the anime wasn't 12 goddamn episodes long.

12 episodes? WTF? Isn't the manga more then 31 chapters, and still continuing.

Yeah, I scanned through the episode. Almost NOTHING to do with the manga. No intro either. I'll like to see this subbed to understand what they're saying.
Jan 6, 2010 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
even though it does not closely follow the manga (in which case what anime does now a days ) it is still better thna the moeblob k-on ripoff of So・Ra・No・Wo・To
Jan 6, 2010 9:06 PM

Sep 2008
SO RA NO WO TO is much better...

No manga material and this is TV SHOW not anime...
*SHAFT IS SUPER TROLL*

Oh well after Mina appear i think is okay...
Jan 6, 2010 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
The entire episode was basically LOLdialogue... Not expecting much from Dance In The Vampire Bund at all. About episode 1 of vampire bund: everyone who wanted to watch this because they like LITTLE GIRLS, you got trolled. ^^
Jan 6, 2010 9:37 PM

Apr 2009
I'm following the manga, so this was a bit disappointing as it was entirely original, but at least near the end it picked up. It'll most likely get better from here on out. I still have faith in this.
Jan 6, 2010 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
It sure was different comparing to the manga, I only started to enjoyed it towards the end :D
Jan 6, 2010 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
yeah i dont have any expectation from SHAFT adaption from manga... sometime is good sometime is really bad...
Jan 6, 2010 9:54 PM
Apr 2009
well decent but good introduction
but i would prefer if they hop in the manga storyline from episode 1
buut again, this episode may be good for those unfamiliar with the manga
so yeah its fine then
good animation, the main characters are up to my expectations
woot may the anime lives on and the manga too :)
type_XEJan 7, 2010 7:57 PM
Jan 6, 2010 10:01 PM
Apr 2008
Good lord, you're all gigantic complainers.
Jan 6, 2010 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
This was _long_ introduction, although they made the TV show very realistic. And most main characters appeared (I think). The final scenes were as expected then.
Need to see few more episodes, to see a finished ED (once again, lol). And the preview was very strange Oo
Jan 6, 2010 10:42 PM
Nov 2009
I was hoping for a more exciting episode. That was really a let down for me because my expectation was high for this anime. Really is too bad it didn't follow the manga at all. Oh well atleast it got a little bit dramatic towards the end...Now let's pray that the rest of the series will kick ass.
Jan 7, 2010 12:22 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I expected to be SHAFT-ed and boy I was. Instead of tl;dr walls of text we got massive amount of dialogue in a debate about vampires. The end was super corny, especially when compared how vampires' existence was revealed in the manga.

In this case we have to wait for next episodes. 12 eps is not much and this one felt wasted. Hopefully, next episodes will be better.

6-7ish first ep overall

Good lord, you're all gigantic complainers.

In this case, even without comparing it to the manga, it was kinda weak.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 7, 2010 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
i knew SHAFT is going to pull off something like this.. i'd say i was amazed by this episode.. so much so, that i'll be rating the show a 10 for a now..

they started out with a tv show dealing about whether vampires are true or not.. i like their arguments here and it was all kinda realistic.. then, while more and more people agree that vampire's existence is false, those that i think are the main chars butted in and when they showed an artifact which is a vampire's hand, one of the guests, who is an actor from a popular vampire movie from their world, snatched it and revealed himself to be a real vampire.. the audiences and other guests panicked at the sight of what they were all claiming to be false, the very existence of vampires, was actually true.. then, Mina defeated the vampire that attacked everyone and announced in television that she is the ruler of all vampires and that she established a vampire bund at the piece of land she was pointing at..

i'm amazed at how SHAFT pulled this off.. i've never seen an introduction like this even though i have watched a lot of stuff already.. i've read the first chapter of the manga after watching this and while it's also very good, i've seen those kind of intros before, not to mention i was bit bothered at mina tepes' nudist tendencies.. that would be a bit hard to show on television..

manga readers, i know most of you are not delighted because they did not do a faithful adaptation.. but if i were in your shoes, i could be a bit happier instead coz they made an adaptation that tells the story in a different perspective.. that's like a new material.. haha.. it seems i'm applying what i've learned from Seitokai no Ichizon's ep 1, "Understanding the differences in media."..

i just hope they don't mess it around now too much and perhaps give the proper introduction in ep2.. by the way this is going, we might have a 2nd season since there would be only 12 episodes.. but it's ok.. the manga is ongoing, too, anyway..
Jan 7, 2010 4:08 AM

Oct 2009
Oh no, I can't believe the whole thing started as talk show even if it was about informative things of vampires and myths/beliefs/convincing of their non existence. That's of course until Mina appeared serious enough to kill the monster who somehow was a vampire? Can he turn back into a vampire....morph-ling? Until that actor took his old arm back and some action (poor Yumie she was sexy but now death)=>
with Mina making him kill himself...it was at best mediocre I would say but the killing was great!I do say the red wine sure tastes different during the course of this anime. BTW I am tipsy. Anyways Mina was great, her looks, her eyes and her manners in talking=> They even but some minor breast details (I think they tried at least)=>
. Hoping it picks up more in episode 2 but I still think Vampire Knight has so far a better feel. Don't worry....I am in this one 100% as fan if Mina Teppe! Rofl=>
Well those impressive breasts=>
For fans of Mina...they are very nice of Mina Teppe=>
Overall I want this to surpass Vampire Knight if possible.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 7, 2010 4:11 AM
Aug 2009
basically, this retcons chap 4 from the manga, because by these events happening, she doesnt really have to do what she does in the manga. basically, i knew shaft was going to do this, along with seeing how they changed the art style so much, so im a little disappointed, but probably will still follow
Jan 7, 2010 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
zaockle said:
basically, this retcons chap 4 from the manga, because by these events happening, she doesnt really have to do what she does in the manga. basically, i knew shaft was going to do this, along with seeing how they changed the art style so much, so im a little disappointed, but probably will still follow
So they start from Chapter 4? That's not good for non manga readers of this. So I take it the manga beginning is better?

Jan 7, 2010 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
Compared to the manga, the first episode is a titanic letdown.

In a series about vampires and werewolves, I expect to see werewolves and vampires, not listen for them to talk 15 minutes about if they exist or not and then show them. This is why the only show I actually like from Shaft is Sayonara Sensei and its seasons. Bakemonogatari blew to me and Maria Holic was fine for the first couple of episodes until I realized the plot wasn't going anywhere.

It did pick up within 16 minutes though and the animation was overall good if a bit. Lol at the one guy/vampire transforming into a Gecko. Not only was the design for the creature horrible, it reminded me of the Geico gecko.

Still a 5ish episode for me
removed-userJan 7, 2010 4:39 AM
Jan 7, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
francismeunier said:
zaockle said:
So they start from Chapter 4? That's not good for non manga readers of this. So I take it the manga beginning is better?

I think they plan to make a remake/interpretation of manga material. So far manga wins. And no, they didn't start from chapter 1. Thye made anime-original episode with basically one main plot event from manga (proclamation of Mina Tepes that vampire exist and creation of the Bund).

Jan 7, 2010 5:25 AM

May 2008
Okay, so did I pick up the wrong thing? Because what I watched looked like a Japanese game show in anime form.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 7, 2010 5:28 AM

Oct 2009
ukonkivi said:
Okay, so did I pick up the wrong thing? Because what I watched looked like a Japanese game show in anime form.
Agree with you but I am hoping the pick up much more in episode 2 but admit Mina looks amazing.
kashim said:
francismeunier said:
zaockle said:
I think they plan to make a remake/interpretation of manga material. So far manga wins. And no, they didn't start from chapter 1. Thye made anime-original episode with basically one main plot event from manga (proclamation of Mina Tepes that vampire exist and creation of the Bund).
That would be interesting information to see.....so far the Bund has its interesting architecture let's leave it at that.

Jan 7, 2010 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
ukonkivi said:

I think SHAFT decided the first few chapters of the manga weren't a good enough introduction to the story and made their own shit up. Let's see where this leads.
Jan 7, 2010 6:31 AM

Dec 2007
I haven't read the maga yet, but I thought that it was pretty nice. As everyone else I was just wtf'ed at the TV show, but things turned out to be pretty weird and freaky in a good way, and I generally really liked the art.

Also, Mina's voice is perfect.
And omg, it's Tomoya!
Jan 7, 2010 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Updated impressions after having watched subbed version:

- good art
- bad and extremely corny music when Mina starts talking after whacking the 'mischevious' vampire
- quiz show/ whatever wasn't a well executed idea (not to mention I swear seeing something like that before; tv show gone haywire I mean)
- wolfie boy is gonna get some spanking in ep #2

6.66/10 for starters

Jan 7, 2010 8:15 AM

Dec 2008
Just in case yall didn't know...[sfw] has a SD release...
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=107755

Jan 7, 2010 8:28 AM

Jun 2009
SHAFT seems to have taken a gamble and it wasn't very successful, I'm sort of disappointed but I'll still watch. I also think that the next episode will be a modified version of Ch1 of the manga, this one seems to have been some sort of Ep 00. And I expect an awesome OP and more of Mina's awesome voice.
Jan 7, 2010 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
It felt like endless eight. Really bad start. It has bright moments, but it would be nice special, not pilot episode.
Jan 7, 2010 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
Sicilian said:
It felt like endless eight. Really bad start. It has bright moments, but it would be nice special, not pilot episode.

I totally agree with you.. A very lame episode btw
VIVA O BIBSCESAR
Jan 7, 2010 8:59 AM
Jul 2009
Well the beginning is lame so far..
But the scale thing was kinda lulzy, since it portrayed Japanese game shows really well.
Jan 7, 2010 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
The start was so diferent from manga but wasn't too bad.

She's so awesome :P

Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jan 7, 2010 9:16 AM

Sep 2009
The game/talk show bit was kind of... well, lame. Voice actor for Mina is good, like Charlie said. The gratuitous amounts of titty jiggling when Vera- er, Bella... stood up was unnecessary. They practically rotated in place.

The should've also picked a better "true form" for that vampire, a wart-covered gecko was kinda dumb. Plus, anticlimactic death was anticlimactic. Well Shaft, you've done a good job of scaring off any on-the-fence viewers with this strange approach to a first episode.

Seeing as I'm a fan of the manga, I'll stick around because I know good stuff is in store.
Jan 7, 2010 9:20 AM
Jul 2009
chaosflame said:
Well the beginning is lame so far..
But the scale thing was kinda lulzy, since it portrayed Japanese game shows really well.

Okay. I agree with everything I said before, but by the time the episode was over I was hooked.
This is why I don't read manga, I go into the show with a clean slate not expecting anything, and I think it turned out really well.
Jan 7, 2010 9:20 AM

Feb 2009
It was enjoyable,but a bit cliche.I think I saw the thing with the game show in Ergo Proxy too.Anyways,Mina is awesome.Looking forward to the next ep.Also,they animated Nozomu Tamaki too,lol.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 7, 2010 9:22 AM

Oct 2007
KillerYandere said:
Maria Holic plot

Also, I liked this episode. It was not what I expected, it is not ''animated manga'' and it did not conform with the standards. And that's Shaft for you.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Jan 7, 2010 9:33 AM

Apr 2008
...True Blood in Japan, lol.

Wasted too much introduction time on a 12epi. still, with all the crap this season, can't complain.
Jan 7, 2010 9:33 AM

Jun 2007
That might have been average at best, reminds me of Vampire Knight quite a bit and so far doesn't look promising.
But at least enough to watch some more episodes and see where this is heading.

Also: giant LIZARDS, fuck yeah.
Jan 7, 2010 9:37 AM

Feb 2009
Shaft wanted to troll. I facepalmed a lot during this episode. Shaft has succeeded. Good job Shaft.
Jan 7, 2010 9:43 AM

Dec 2007
I haven't read the manga, so I'll judge it without the manga fangirl/fanboy element.

The animation was excellent and didn't rape still-frames like so many other debuting anime have chosen to do, though often choosing to loop some motion instead, this, however, didn't bother me much at all as I prefer constant motion over still-frames. The style was very interesting, it wasn't so much suave and had an element of realism to it which I very much appreciate in any anime. Overall, the animation was superb.
The story I don't quite understand at this point, however, despite the first half seeming slow and potentially boring, it made up for it during the second half when things began heating up. Now, the ending set a very nice draw point, it pulled me in and made me curious as to what was happening and why, as well as what would happen next.
Though somehow I suspect that future episodes may include some ecchi and potentially of the loli variety, though it's rare to find anime without it.

Overall, I was pleased and look forward to next weeks episode.
ChenoanJan 7, 2010 9:48 AM
Jan 7, 2010 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Toragono said:

Found the beginning rather lame and the ED didn't impress me much as well.
I hope it'll be better next week.
Jan 7, 2010 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
I liked it ^^ And I love the ending.
Jan 7, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2008
Ok...so I'm one who decided to watch this show after seeing the trailer. I have not read the manga,so I did not know exactly what to expect...unfortunately,all I can say is that the first episode bored me to tears.I really hope things will change,starting with the next episode,or else,I might just drop this series.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 7, 2010 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
As a first episode, I wasn't that fond of it. All the onscreen text that were part of the TV show made it quite of messy, and I definitely wasn't impressed by the animation. Since it's SHAFT here, you never know what to expect, but I'm definitely expecting more next week. This was just a luke-warm episode, probably made as some sort of prequel, but not very well executed imo.
With only 11 episodes left, good luck!

(Was the OP released?)
Jan 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Aug 2007
Mina's voice is great. It saved the episode for me , since the whole TV show thing was so boring. They were trying to be funny, but it wasn't working at all. I hope they don't continued down this path or I might have to stick with the manga.
Jan 7, 2010 10:33 AM

Dec 2008
If you download the [SFW] release, then remux the subs onto [Leopard Raws] high res release...then you have a subbed HD Vampire Bund.

@ Episode- I agree with whoever said that this was some sort of episode zero. And the bouncy boobs were prolly just to satisfy everyone who wanted to see a nude Mina in the first episode.

All in all I think it was decent, and hope the story starts following the manga in the next ep.

Jan 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Apr 2008
I quite liked that first episode, but I haven't read the manga.
Jan 7, 2010 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
Lvhina said:
even though it does not closely follow the manga (in which case what anime does now a days ) it is still better thna the moeblob k-on ripoff of So・Ra・No・Wo・To

I support this statment.
On a side note

she got way to much bounce there
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jan 7, 2010 11:09 AM
Feb 2009
It was actually a nice way to start the anime... I read first two chapters of manga long time ago and as someone already said, this really does look like some sort of episode zero.

Mina Tepes was awesome. Seriously.
Jan 7, 2010 11:19 AM

Feb 2009
Well...the beginning wasn't what i expected,but when Mina appeared it was ok.
I have great expectations for this show,beacause i like little girls and...amm...i'm sure that's not the only reason...anyway i hope it doesn't disappoint me :P

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.