Forum Settings
Forums

How do you get better after feeling like sh*t?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Vent. Just let it out. It doesn't make the situation any better but just letting out your feelings to someone can help you feel better at least~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 1, 2016 7:54 AM

May 2015
I usually watch anime and sleep.

But running and going outside works also, but I'm usually too lazy for that.
May 1, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2016
I go to Quora and look at other people with more severe adversities, then feel inferior about my own and get better.
May 1, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
a fap goes a long way

i'm actually very serious.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

May 1, 2016 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
Watch simulcasts... some anime I've started... eat lots of ice-cream and cuddle in my bed.. maybe some crying ,/
May 1, 2016 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Usually by hanging out with people who are mostly upbeat and have like minded interests as me in person. It helps me to forget that I felt awful.
May 1, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
In my case, depending on what caused me to feel bad and how in control I am of it I can try to fix it, talk it out with someone else and/or distract myself until it goes away.

Bottling up things can work for so long, but it depends on the circumstances. Certain things will seem smaller as you have take some time or space off them. I try not to drink, sleep or eat too much during these times because they can lead to me feeling worse.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
May 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2012
if you stop being a little shit you won't feel like shit anymore
May 1, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
If something sad really happened, I start to listen some funny songs and start imagine this situation as music video. You might end up with Your boss singing "oppai gangsta style" in a elevator. If it won't work or does not fit i listen movie sondtracks and try to imagine some interesting scene that fits the music :P
May 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2009
TheConquerer said:
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Take a bunch of pills and sleep for 20 hours. If you're lucky you won't wake up

Unfortunately I am on a bus but I appreciate the advice

don't do it man. there is too many anime to watch and cool memes to create. stay tuned

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
May 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
TheConquerer said:
So a series of unfortunate events has led my spirit to be absolutely crushed and I'm pretty damn sad.

Anyway how do you get better after you've experienced an all time low? Do you watch a film or maybe just sleep it off? Do you just bottle it up?
Discuss

i could be wrong,and OP didn't specify, but i get the feeling he/she is going through things that slay you for far longer than a bad day or week.

my answer is: i don't fucking know.
i
i try to talk to people but not many care to know. i've prob picked 2 people to talk to, and they ae only people i trust implicitly.

i break down in an epic manner and then pick myself up again. then i i break down in an epic manner and pick myself up again.

i think the important things is to try and pick yourself up again and keep going. just exist. do whatever works for you to feel better. eat too much, blow time on gaming or net, immerse yourself in your studies, etc. Distraction is a basic skill Do anything that keeps your mind from spiralling out of control.

i guess its obvious. i just keep going even if i feel like a robot. if you can get through the hard times, things might be better in the future. there are no guarantees but there is always a hope that you can get out of that misery and things might turn out well. i have to have faith in that, even if i lose it in a regular basis.

i will give a very small personal example: i have a problem with my eyes where the muscles won't coordinate. its hard to even write this and i am a lifetime book whore with a degree in nerdy book shit. and i like nerdy book shit.

its taken months but i finally found a doctor who knows how to help. maybe it won't help, maybe it will. i hope it will.

this is one VERY small problem out of all the shit going on in my life and family, but thought it might be worth sharing. i get confused and disorientated and look like an asshole.

perhaps, address the problems that you can address, and do your best at the others. sometimes only time can tell how things will work out. just keep going and try your hardest. life might suck right now but hey, it can only go up from there,
May 1, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2016
Time heals almost everything, just keep living so you may see a better day.
May 1, 2016 3:10 PM

May 2014
Niki said:
if you stop being a little shit you won't feel like shit anymore

Yeah cause clearly that works for everyone....

Also I posted this awhile back so thanks, I guess these replies will help others.

@Kewpie_doll well shit, I'm sorry to hear that. To be honest it was a weekly thing (I recover from trauma too fast) but it definitely left a hole.
Your eyesight thing sounds like it really sucks and I'm glad Ive never had a disability like that, its impressive how you manage to keep it together.
Im also surprised you got a degree in anything related to books considering that.
Anyway thanks for the message, I'm sure past me would have beeb helped by it and future me will reflect on it, present me can just thank you and acknowledge it for now.
I've been here way too long...
May 1, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
thanks, thats really sweet

i'm just glad my fingers know the keyboard, instead of merely relying on sight!!!
May 1, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2016
Kewpie_doll said:
thanks, thats really sweet

i'm just glad my fingers know the keyboard, instead of merely relying on sight!!!

hope you get better soon. if don't, you can always find pleasure on something else. It's not easy, but that's how we live.
May 1, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2015
I lock myself in my room and listen to music x)

But you know there is a difference between feeling like shit and being depressed?
Feeling sad is just for a couple of days or maybe 1/2 weeks, but depression can last for months or years.

Music can help with both! But don't listen to music that will make you feel even more sad.
May 1, 2016 5:24 PM
Sep 2014
listen to your favorite kind of music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2016 5:36 PM

Sep 2015
I would usually pour myself a cup of bleach with a side of rat poison.
May 1, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
Hathyle said:

Usually? So is it a frequent thing!?
May 1, 2016 5:48 PM

Sep 2015
Haqqani said:
Hathyle said:

Usually? So is it a frequent thing!?

Yeah i was featured on the show My Strange Addictions about it.
May 1, 2016 5:56 PM

May 2013
meditation, my good man, meditation
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

25 by ISeeLifePeople »»
56 seconds ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
7 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
12 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.