Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2016 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
I know it's one weird question but... If feels as though the manga just lost his magic. I really feel like we're getting no where. Hardly any develpment, and thsi manga is running more that 10 years. How much did we really progress since the chapters of the anime (somewhere around 72)? Not much.

So, what are your thought? Are you hoping for any development soon? Do you want to give up already.

As for me, I still hope something might happen. But the real arc, I must say, didn't bring my hopes up. I really wonder about it.

Mar 4, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
I was hook into the anime, then later got myself into reading the manga, but it really drags and the release are so slow. Basically I give up and move on.
Mar 12, 2016 4:37 AM

Mar 2010
Its on hold until it finishes or I feel like reading it.
Mar 12, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2015
as manhwa reader, i am already accostumized with slow pacing and slow release. this series is nothing. even by japanese standard it self, this series has pretty consistent release, compare to stuff like vagabond or berserk, well......
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 30, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
Not at all mainly because it's only gotten better since it first started!

True it does seem draggy at times because of how long it's become but I personally don't mind. Though I want to see the end already, I also want it to keep going because I can't imagine not having this manga to read anymore. >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 1, 2016 8:47 AM
May 2016
Omg i agree
It's dragging so much just get ren and kyouko together or whoever. Except for the big revelation about her dad and stuff Skip beat has left the hype train
May 2, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
Yes, I agree. It's very annoying how everything has to be about Kyouko and Ren. Everytime she gets a role, Ren will somehow be nearby filming or even in the same show.
And the story goes nowhere. And all this Mogami's mother stuff is not needed when it takes too much time. I keep reading because I love the manga, but it's not so great anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 9:38 PM
Sep 2015
I think (with all honesty) Skip Beat! is one great shoujo manga. I think it just feels slow because it's a monthly release. But I think if you read the whole thing in one go after it finishes. It will be amazing. But I may or may not be biased.
May 12, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
Nope. Never. I love Skip Beat! to death. Haha.

ThatGirl_ said:
I think (with all honesty) Skip Beat! is one great shoujo manga. I think it just feels slow because it's a monthly release. But I think if you read the whole thing in one go after it finishes. It will be amazing. But I may or may not be biased.

I agree! +1
Jun 1, 2016 5:35 PM
Jun 2016
I have taken a couple hiatus periods in reading it, but this was usually due to difficulties in finding updates in English (since I cannot read Japanese), but not out of frustration with the story. Though there is an interesting romantic story brewing I didn't really see it as a major storyline until the middle of the Dark Moon arc. And it still seemed more about Kyouko developing as an actress and getting control over her Sho issues until near the end of the Caine and Setsu arc. Since Kyouko is my favorite character in the story, I found her personal development enough to make it interesting.
Jun 9, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
Only tried to read this today.
I finished the watching the anime series today, having started it just yesterday.
It's really nice to read as many chapters as you can in a short period of time. This type of development is present in a lot of other series so it's not hard to deal with. I just want to see Kyoko's expressions and trials.

Dec 8, 2017 1:03 AM

Oct 2016
When i first started it i honestly loved it but lately i can't get into it at all , most monthly manga have 30-50 pages which is satisfying. Yet for the last year skip beat has around 15 pages of content, am sorry to say but it just feels the author is getting lazy :/
Dec 8, 2017 12:15 PM

Apr 2010
CrookedPanther said:
When i first started it i honestly loved it but lately i can't get into it at all , most monthly manga have 30-50 pages which is satisfying. Yet for the last year skip beat has around 15 pages of content, am sorry to say but it just feels the author is getting lazy :/
You'er totally right. She drags it on and one for ever.

Dec 8, 2017 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
Yes I agree. I put it on hold after a while and haven't really come back to it.
Dec 8, 2017 7:51 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I gave up on volume 20. I saw volume 39 at the book store the other day and it almost looked like little had changed, granted Kyoko and Sho relationship looks to be changing for the better. I'll complete it when publication finally ends. Whenever that'll be . . . .
Jan 4, 2018 7:47 PM

May 2016
I thing is when Kyoko got the role of Setsu that the story becomes really boring
Jan 5, 2018 2:21 AM

Apr 2010
AriaWaltz said:
I thing is when Kyoko got the role of Setsu that the story becomes really boring

I think it's more after she left that role when in became boring. Maybe in the Heel sibling somehow it was nice, but all that momiji stuff. I'm so bored.

Jan 7, 2018 11:35 PM

Sep 2014
manga is boring now, I only like reading Sho parts LOL

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jan 17, 2018 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
This series only feels like it's progressing if you read a dozen chapters at a time. Unfortunately, that means reading it once a year and hoping you still remember enough to understand what's going on. Even though I love the series, I honestly don't know why I still bother. It's clear that the fans care ten thousand times more than the lazy af author does. I'm pretty sure she only writes/draws the series anymore because she can't be bothered to write something she actually cares about and this is still paying her bills.
Jan 18, 2018 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Thi
jacobpaige said:
This series only feels like it's progressing if you read a dozen chapters at a time. Unfortunately, that means reading it once a year and hoping you still remember enough to understand what's going on. Even though I love the series, I honestly don't know why I still bother. It's clear that the fans care ten thousand times more than the lazy af author does. I'm pretty sure she only writes/draws the series anymore because she can't be bothered to write something she actually cares about and this is still paying her bills.
This manga run for far too long. Let it end, please!

Jan 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Feb 2008
EfiChan said:
This manga run for far too long. Let it end, please!
If that's what it takes. Personally, I'd prefer it if the mangaka just took it seriously enough to pick up the pace again and release weekly, or increase the page count to make up for it being monthly. Failing that, she could also just reduce the number of wasted panels and pages so that no chapter would feel empty, but that would probably change the feel of the series too much.

Regardless of what she does going forward though, I know I won't be bothering with her next series, whatever it may be. I don't have enough respect left for her to have any faith in it being worth my time.
Jan 27, 2018 1:38 AM
Jan 2017
Omg, many skip beat fans seems upset toward author. Yep, it cant be help tho. I myself lost track of the story itself. I really reaally love this manga. Unique plot. N i dunno the REAL reason why its slowly update or decrease the number of page, but author, considerate all of ur fans who waiting for an eternity this manga to update, could u priority the story that ur fans apreciate most? Please, dont u think its careless? Its too late if much of us leave ur manga, not bcu the content quality but bcu we felt tired of waiting, Bcu we feelin n thinkin author not longer enthusiastic toward this manga n ur fans.
Feb 21, 2018 11:13 AM

Apr 2011
The last time I was really into Skip Beat, like, ULTRA hyped for updates, was when cain heel was happening. It was when Ren and Kyoko were acting as siblings and had to share a hotel room. That was back in high school for me, maybe four years ago.

I still follow the series and my love for it hasn't changed. I still read the chapters as soon as they're out too, but I do agree that there haven't been as many kawaii, awesome, moments between ren and kyoko in a while. There also weren't that many 'omg' moments either. I mean, yes, there was the instance with the picture and papparazzi, but that didn't develop into anything much.

There's three main things that hype me up in this series:
1. Kyoko / Ren moments
2. Kyoko / Shotaroooooo moments
3. Kyoko being a badass actor

I think that right now we are seeing Kyoko be awesome at the samurai/ninjia, which is great, but I feel like the focus is more so on that other character.

I don't know. Thinking back, the moments were definitely there in recent years... I think it's just me and how busy I am doing other things. It's not me outgrowing the series, but just my mind is elsewhere and cant really enjoy the new chapters as much as I did before.

Who knows.
Feb 21, 2018 12:22 PM

Nov 2015
It used to be one of my favourites, but now I'm getting bored.
I remember how I used to lock myself up in the bathroom to read this without getting disturbed. I loved the strong personaility and determination of the protagonists and admired her.
But I don't see any character development now, which makes her boring. Also, the romance is indeed getting nowhere.
The fact that I have to wait every month for a new chapter isn't helping. I'm either not interested in what hapens after anymore or I've already forgotton big parts of the arc.
I'm currently 'saving' all the chapter so I can read them later in one go. I hope that will increase the quality of reading.
⛥Something wicked this way comes.⛥
Feb 21, 2018 12:23 PM

Nov 2015
Cindy-Uchiha said:
I remember how I used to lock myself up in the bathroom to read this without getting disturbed. I loved the strong personaility and determination of the protagonists and admired her.
But I don't see any character development now, which makes her boring. Also, the romance is indeed getting nowhere.
The fact that I have to wait every month for a new chapter isn't helping. I'm either not interested in what hapens after anymore or I've already forgotton big parts of the arc.
I'm currently 'saving' all the chapter so I can read them later in one go. I hope that will increase the quality of reading.
Omg I just saw that the post is originally posted in 2016 I'm so sorry...TT.TT
⛥Something wicked this way comes.⛥
Feb 22, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
Cindy-Uchiha said:
Cindy-Uchiha said:
Omg I just saw that the post is originally posted in 2016 I'm so sorry...TT.TT

lol the thread got revived in december 2017 and carried through january and february, so I don't think it's too big a deal we posted :3
Feb 22, 2018 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
like most long running manga is more about money than story at this point..

seems like these manga never really end unless the author dies and the company has to come up with a sudden ending
Apr 15, 2018 9:34 AM

May 2016
koalabear said:

Hahaha I should do that lol
Mar 13, 2019 8:00 PM
Nov 2018
I'm considering to stop reading now and come back 10 years later.
Apr 9, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2014
I haven't read this since 2015/16. Did this get better, I kinda lost interest when the Kyoko and Korn plot was going nowhere.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Apr 15, 2019 6:25 AM

Mar 2017
sunsetocean said:

Same here, in addition to Moko's parts, they 're the only reason I'm still reading it. I skipped the sibling arc and Kuon's, they were too boring for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 323 Discussion

tsubasalover - 7 hours ago

0 by tsubasalover »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 322 Discussion

0 by tsubasalover »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 321 Discussion

0 by tsubasalover »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 320 Discussion

0 by tsubasalover »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Skip Beat! Chapter 319 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2023

1 by lavismartinez »»
Feb 29, 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.