Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Apr 2015
So recently this topic has been booming around my country and there's so much movement that supports it. Even there's some of our local artist that involved in LGBTQs act. So what's your thought about it? Do you against or support it? Well as for me I'm a straight person and don't really lioe LGBTQs but if I met someone like that, I don't really care about it as long as they're content with it and not influencing me to be like them too. I'll probably will still can be friends with them. But seemingly the majority of people here, especially the radically religious one, strongly against it. So what's your thought? Should LGBTQs be legalized in Indonesia or perhaps in your country? Whats your opinion about them and how will you reacts to them if you found them IRL?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2016 10:34 PM

Feb 2016
Hey look, you found one.

I'm not very normal, but that's a different story. You'll notice that outside of religion, there are few real reasons to object to other people finding happiness in their own way, consensually and lovingly.
Mar 2, 2016 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
spinninground said:
Hey look, you found one.

I'm not very normal, but that's a different story. You'll notice that outside of religion, there are few real reasons to object to other people finding happiness in their own way, consensually and lovingly.
well I always believe that romantical relationship and sis like a puzzles, as long as the piece matches they're an OK couple.
Mar 2, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
Maybe a dumb question, but what does the Q in LGBTQ stand for?
Mar 2, 2016 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
Homosexual marriage will be legal in my home country next year.

Also, I have nothing against LGBT. I'm not one myself, but I have a couple good friends who are. One of the very reasons I abandoned religion was because of how narrow minded most of the christians I knew were, especially towards the subject of LGBT.
Mar 2, 2016 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
@holysauron

Q can mean either 'questioning' or 'queer,' Fred Sainz, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that lobbies for LGBT rights, told USA TODAY Network. Either interpretation is accepted, he said.
Queer means many things
People use the term queer because it's not specific to sexual orientation or to gender identity but is more of an umbrella term that can encompass a lot of people, according to Sainz.
"Queer is anything that exists outside of the dominant narrative," Cleo Anderson, a 26-year-old intern at GLAAD, a prominent gay rights group, told USA TODAY Network. Anderson identifies with the term.
"Queer means that you are one of those letters (LGBT), but you could be all of those letters and not knowing is OK," she said.
Minorities seem to identify with the term in particular because it also can be used to convey the nuances of race and culture and how that intersects with an individual's gender identity and sexual orientation, she said.
Still, others identify with queer not because it's an umbrella term, but because of its connection to the rise of Queer Nation in the 1990s. Queer Nation is an activist group that first emerged in New York and used militant action to oppose discrimination to LGBT people and reject heteronomative ideals.
"Queer retains that critical edge against regimes of the normal of assimilation and privilege," Octavio R. González, an English professor at Wellesley College told USA TODAY Network.
Reclaiming 'queer'
"For decades (queer) was used as a pejorative against LGBT people," Sainz said. It was demeaning and often accompanied by violence.
But in recent years the LGBT community, particularly younger people, have reclaimed the word, Sainz said.
"It's a badge of honor. It's taking back a word that was once used as a weapon against us," he said. "You find the term completely commonplace in junior and senior high school and in college where individuals identify as queer."
On 'questioning'
Those who use the Q to mean 'questioning' refer to people who are in the process of exploring their identity, Ross Murray, the director of programs at GLAAD, told USA TODAY Network.
"Questioning means someone who is figuring out their gender identity and figuring out how they want to identify their sexual orientation," he said.
When to use 'queer'
Because queer is still considered offensive by some people in the LGBT community, it's generally recommended that people avoid using it other than in situations where a person self-identifies as queer.
"Use the same term to identify them that they would use to identify themselves," Murray said. "We want to focus on the person. If we're telling a story, it's not about just 'Jane is a queer.' It's 'Jane identifies as queer.'"
'Alphabet soup'
LGBTQ is just one set of initials being used. There are other letters and combinations -- so many that some call it "alphabet soup."
Here are some of the other letters used:
A -- Representing asexuals, or individuals who do not experience sexual attraction.
A -- Representing allies, or people who are straight but support those in the LGBT community.
I -- Representing individuals who are intersex, or people who are born with anatomy that does not necessarily fit the "typical definitions of female or male," according to the Intersex Society of North America. "For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside," according to the ISNA's definition.
Mar 2, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a queer post op trans woman

Derp.

And I've done some gay shit, some really gay shit
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Mar 2, 2016 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
My yuri preferrence is none of your business.
Mar 2, 2016 10:51 PM

Apr 2015
@Wretch yep religious people tends to be homophobic, and well I've become less religious too because of that and sexism.
Onii-chan said:
My yuri preferrence is none of your business.

Lel, I don't really care if you're into it tbh as long as you content with that.
Mar 2, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2016
I'm fine with them. I just don't like the culture surrounding it. (At least in the US)

The mainstream faces of it seem pretty vain and superficial and prone to taking offense where none was meant. I wish it was more like the gay culture surrounding samurai or the spartans. Manly gay warrior poets with deep bonds who push each other to perfection are pretty admirable.

Mar 2, 2016 10:55 PM

Feb 2016
Fudo-sama said:
I'm fine with them. I just don't like the culture surrounding it. (At least in the US)

The mainstream faces of it seem pretty vain and superficial and prone to taking offense where none was meant. I wish it was more like the gay culture surrounding samurai or the spartans. Manly gay warrior poets with deep bonds who push each other to perfection are pretty admirable.
Then how should the rest of the spectrum conduct themselves? I mean, I can try to get all samurai badass...
Mar 2, 2016 11:00 PM

Apr 2014
Fudo-sama said:

The ones who get easily offended are Trumblrinas and SJWs you generally only find on the Internet. Most LGBT I've met just act like normal people. It's almost like maybe they ARE normal people or something.
Mar 2, 2016 11:05 PM

Feb 2016
spinninground said:
Then how should the rest of the spectrum conduct themselves? I mean, I can try to get all samurai badass...
They can conduct themselves however they want. It's just a personal distaste of vanity and superficiality. Topic asked my thoughts on it, I gave my thoughts.
Ryagan said:

The ones who get easily offended are Trumblrinas and SJWs you generally only find on the Internet. Most LGBT I've met just act like normal people. It's almost like maybe they ARE normal people or something.
Ah. The ones I've met were through emo and goth friends. Maybe the subculture has to do with it.

Mar 2, 2016 11:09 PM

Apr 2014
Fudo-sama said:
Ryagan said:

Ah. The ones I've met were through emo and goth friends. Maybe the subculture has to do with it.

You'll found some gay people in emo and goth groups just like you will with any group or subculture. As for myself, I, according to my friends, fall somewhat into the hipster category, even though I reject that label. I just do me.
Mar 2, 2016 11:20 PM

Feb 2016
Mogu-sama said:

And I've done some gay shit, some really gay shit
aw you're gorg. Can I have some skittles, please?

Apr 2015
RedTie said:
Not one myself but my interactions with them would be normal, assuming they don't try to force their lifestyle on me.
pretty much the same with me, do you have some friends like that IRL?

Feb 2016
Ryagan said:

You'll found some gay people in emo and goth groups just like you will with any group or subculture. As for myself, I, according to my friends, fall somewhat into the hipster category, even though I reject that label. I just do me.
Yeah, I get that. Sorry, I've been coming off the wrong way. I do understand they're people like anyone else, what I meant to say is my perception of it is probably biased by my own experiences, since the only ones I've met are in those subcultures.

Mar 2, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2015
and yet another way how religion obscures people's views on politics and social minorities so people cant get to think on their own

lgbtqs are fine as long as they dont support Trump
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 2, 2016 11:29 PM

Apr 2015
Frankly I don't give the slightest damn what people wanna do with their life. What annoys me is when it is all over the media and shoved in my face.... that pisses me off. Do I agree with it personally? Debatable. Do I care what other people do? No...As long as you don't try to force your values onto me...
Mar 2, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2016
RedTie said:
Not one myself but my interactions with them would be normal, assuming they don't try to force their lifestyle on me.

*clears throat* hello apologies for interrupting but I was wondering if you could spare a moment to talk about our Lord and saviour Elton John?
This will literally never happen. Ever. Nobody is "forcing" gayness on you.
Mar 2, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
wow isnt Indonesia the largest muslim country? there is hope for liberal muslim movements after all if this LGBTQs become socially accepted there

thats my first thought on this
Mar 2, 2016 11:58 PM
Feb 2014
I don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be.

I think the militant ones are bad, but not normal LGBTQ people.
Mar 3, 2016 12:03 AM

Apr 2015
j0x said:
wow isnt Indonesia the largest muslim country? there is hope for liberal muslim movements after all if this LGBTQs become socially accepted there

I hope so. I've seen too much radical Muslims campaign last year in my city, and that scared me alot since I myself not a Muslim.
Mar 3, 2016 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
I don't have any problem with them and I support them having rights. I was friends with 3 guys that I think were bisexual and a girl that was a lesbian in high school. I'm Asexual myself so I do feel different from other people so I can sorta understand how they feel with them different from most people.

My parents forced me to go to church and the church was always giving stupid reasons as to why you shouldn't be LGBTQ and they though people were just choosing to be LGBTQ (why would they do that when there was so much discrimination against them, that doesn't even make any sense, plus animals can be gay which they never acknowledged) and that's part of the reason I became and Atheist.
MattKitsune96Mar 3, 2016 12:15 AM
Mar 3, 2016 12:19 AM

Feb 2016
You said:
j0x said:

I hope so. I've seen too much radical Muslims campaign last year in my city, and that scared me alot since I myself not a Muslim.
Plus, you think race relations in the US are bad, Indo's got some issues.
Mar 3, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
This will eventually become a hate thread with ppl referencing homosexuality as a lifestyle (I see one already) and transgender as a mental illness like all similar threads, and I'm not going to like it. I support the LGBT community, so that should explain my thoughts to your questions. Let them be free, and they should have the same rights as everyone else. So glad the governor of South Dakota denied that nominal transgender-bathroom bill. That was ridiculous.
Demi_VMar 3, 2016 12:27 AM
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Mar 3, 2016 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Queer here.

So, my thoughs about people like me?
Hmm…

Cool?

MattKitsune96 said:
plus animals can be gay which they never acknowledged

Oh yes, we have the same kind of ignorants.

During the protests against the gay marriage, some religious figures said pretty stupid things, notably that "even the animals aren't like that!".
We even had "the wrath of God will fall upon us!". :D
removed-userMar 3, 2016 12:40 AM
Mar 3, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2008
I don't have much to say about it really. I don't really consider people who are LGBTQQIAA as like unified group, I just consider them people.

Mogu-sama said:
I'm a queer post op trans woman

Well that later part is news to me.
Mar 3, 2016 12:37 AM

Apr 2015
spinninground said:
You said:

Plus, you think race relations in the US are bad, Indo's got some issues.

There is bad race relations, anywhere IMO.
Demi_V said:
This will eventually become a hate thread with ppl referencing homosexuality as a lifestyle (I see one already) and transgender as a mental illness like all similar threads, and I'm not going to like it. I support the LGBT community, so that should explain my thoughts to your questions. Let them be free, and they should have the same rights as everyone else. So glad the governor of South Dakota denied that nominal transgender-bathroom bill. That was ridiculous.
Homosexuality is NOT a mental illness, it has been removed from the psychiatrist DSM since 1986, I'm a medical student so I know about that.
Mar 3, 2016 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
You said:
Demi_V said:
Homosexuality is NOT a mental illness, it has been removed from the psychiatrist DSM since 1986, I'm a medical student so I know about that.
I know about that, as should everyone else. I'm talking about this nominal gender dysphoria in the DSM currently.
Demi Valentine

Mar 3, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2015
Demi_V said:
You said:
I know about that, as should everyone else. I'm talking about this nominal gender dysphoria in the DSM currently.

So you think that it should be removed from the DSM?
Mar 3, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
With individual people who support it but stay silent, I usually get along with them. With the movement itself? Nothing but bad experiences. They usually take on this "with us or against us" militant approach and act like you're homophobic if you say anything other than "I SUPPORT SIGN ME UP!" I do get sick of the pride parades though. Bunch of goofy ass fairies dancing in the streets thinking they're special cause they want dicks in they's mouths. Yeah hold on, let me go get a "Fuck her right in the pussy" parade up and running to celebrate heterosexuality.
Mar 3, 2016 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
You said:
Demi_V said:
Yes, I do. I find it discriminatory. However, I think it's more important how transgenders feel about it, since it affects them more so. I have yet to hear a formal opinion from a transgender, even from a Google search. If they take offense to it like the GID, I'd support them in advocating to get it removed.
Demi Valentine

Mar 3, 2016 1:09 AM

Nov 2009
Demi_V said:
You said:
Yes, I do. I find it discriminatory. However, I think it's more important how transgenders feel about it, since it affects them more so. I have yet to hear a formal opinion from a transgender, even from a Google search. If they take offense to it like the GID, I'd support them in advocating to get it removed.
Something should not be removed from the DSM purely because it is "offensive" or "discriminatory". Having said that, anything in it on identity / gender I just simply wouldn't trust. Gender Dysphoria is not a well researched area as of right now, so anything on it now will probably be "wrong" 10 years from now.
Pirating_NinjaMar 3, 2016 1:17 AM
Mar 3, 2016 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Demi_V said:
You said:

Personally, I don't care. As long as there isn't any special negative effect on my life.

Having a mental trouble shouldn't be a stigma in itself.
Mar 3, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2008
@Demi_V
If you find it discriminatory it shows you have discriminatory views against people with mental illness. Mental illness is qualified by the four D's: Deviance, Distress, Dysfunction and Danger. A mental illness only needs to fall in one of these except for arguably Deviance which is more society and culture based so it does not hold as much weight. A person with gender dysphoria experiences distress from it, as well as being a danger to themselves through genital mutilation (like cutting themselves or attempted amputations) and suicide.

You are disregarding those with such conditions who do consider it a mental illness. If you think something should not be called a mental illness because a few people take offence then you should be aware that some people conditions such as but not limited to schizophrenia, narcissistic personality disorder, anti-social personality disorder( aka psychopathy/sociopathy), and pedophilia also have people who want to not be counted as a mentally ill.
Mar 3, 2016 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
Demi_V said:
Something should not be removed from the DSM purely because it is "offensive" or "discriminatory". Having said that, anything in it on identity / gender I just simply wouldn't trust. Gender Dysphoria is not a well researched area as of right now, so anything on it now will probably be "wrong" 10 years from now.
traed said:
@Demi_V
If you find it discriminatory it shows you have discriminatory views against people with mental illness. Mental illness is qualified by the four D's: Deviance, Distress, Dysfunction and Danger. A mental illness only needs to fall in one of these except for arguably Deviance which is more society and culture based so it does not hold as much weight. A person with gender dysphoria experiences distress from it, as well as being a danger to themselves through genital mutilation (like cutting themselves or attempted amputations) and suicide.

You are disregarding those with such conditions who do consider it a mental illness. If you think something should not be called a mental illness because a few people take offence then you should be aware that some people conditions such as but not limited to schizophrenia, narcissistic personality disorder, anti-social personality disorder( aka psychopathy/sociopathy), and pedophilia also have people who want to not be counted as a mentally ill.
To be fair (and give APA credit), they did clarify that being transgender and having gender dysphoria are different. Therefore, it's not necessarily discriminatory. I predict that was their reason for renaming GID was because it took offense to ppl who were simply transgender and not experiencing distress from it. Since they made that clarification on their website, excuse the "discriminatory" bit.
Demi Valentine

Mar 3, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2015
I don't notice any homophobic people around here. I do see a lot of hatred against feminism, furry, otherkin, and SJWs though.

I'm kinda bisexual myself. Nothing wrong with it.
Mar 3, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
Demi_V said:
To be fair (and give APA credit), they did clarify that being transgender and having gender dysphoria are different. Therefore, it's not necessarily discriminatory. I predict that was their reason for renaming GID was because it took offense to ppl who were simply transgender and not experiencing distress from it. Since they made that clarification on their website, excuse the "discriminatory" bit.

They change the name of things sometimes when they change the diagnosis criteria or when recategorizing. Chronic depression used to be called depressive personality disorder for example. The name change was in part by that, yes.
Mar 3, 2016 1:46 AM

Sep 2015
burn it together with all those lgbt threads every week.

ModeratelyHuman said:
I don't notice any homophobic people around here. I do see a lot of hatred against feminism, furry, otherkin, and SJWs though.

I'm kinda bisexual myself. Nothing wrong with it.

bisexual men are gay. google it

Mar 3, 2016 2:55 AM

May 2015
I don't understand how persecuting THE GAYS improves society. Oh nose, men are having sex with men, so what?

Gay marriage should be the norm now.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 3, 2016 3:09 AM

Jan 2015
ModeratelyHuman said:
I don't notice any homophobic people around here.

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a "homophobe"

inb4 lock.
Mar 3, 2016 3:24 AM

Apr 2014
I have nothing against them, and I don't see why anyone would.

The argument against gay marriage is a stupid one as well.

Marrying gays does no harm, religious people just want it to not be called marriage. Just call it marriage you plebs.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 3, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2012
As long as you're not hurting anyone you can get married to your favorite dakimakura for all I care. Live and let live.

Mar 3, 2016 3:55 AM

Apr 2015

There is a difference, since I'm also talking about how this conditions affects my country and it's already been debated for more than a week
Mar 3, 2016 4:35 AM
Jul 2018
You said:
There is a difference, since I'm also talking about how this conditions affects my country and it's already been debated for more than a week

So, what's the current situation in Indonesia?
And what is actually debated, exactly?
Mar 3, 2016 4:38 AM
Mar 2013
I do not care for the movement as a whole. I dislike the people who associate themselves with it and I feel that the original aim has become diluted and distorted.
Mar 3, 2016 4:48 AM

Dec 2015
I don't have a problem, everyone is free to fuck whoever they want (with consent of course).
The pride parades are a bit much. We get it you're gay, do you really need a parade for that?
Mar 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Apr 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
I don't have a problem, everyone is free to fuck whoever they want (with consent of course).
The pride parades are a bit much. We get it you're gay, do you really need a parade for that?
Depends if there's an issue with homophobia in their area. As long as there's still disgust towards it, it's natural to demonstrate or parade.

I thought in America a lot of the movements started when Matthew Shephard was tortured and left to die in Wyoming for being gay. More movements obviously start when certain states don't want to recognise gay marriage as a "marriage".
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 3, 2016 5:36 AM

May 2014
I love the lgbt groups, some of them have some of the prettiest people just waiting for their chance to shine =)

LGBT discrimination has to stop and once parents don't kick their kids out for being gay, people don't swear a couple out for holding hands, coming out shouldn't be something that will risk their life, people don't mind using basic preferred pronouns and just be even a little bit supportive I think lgbt will be reaching its goal of acceptance
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

21 by Maumuu »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

20 by vasipi4946 »»
24 minutes ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

48 by DesuMaiden »»
25 minutes ago

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

24 by -YaoiBoy- »»
32 minutes ago

» Is the word 'simp' fallen out of context in 2024?

Kiryotsu - 52 minutes ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.