Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2016 3:23 PM
Jan 2016
Fappa said:
Z4k said:

Calm down geez. The insert songs aren't even the only problem here. What I want from this show is to get over some character's death who we barely knew anything about and try to move on with the plot because I don't want the anime to end with "Go read the LN" ending. I would've been aright with the slow progression if the characters were interesting like Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. But nope, the anime fails to make up for it even there. The characters are bland with the exception of Ranta and their interactions with each other have been mundane and downright stupid at times.

The show has a lot of potential yet it keeps on wasting it. I want them to explore the setting. Show them interacting with other characters. Some worldbuilding. Anything but them moping around for another goddamn episode and the long pointless buttshots.

In case you missed it. The intention behind his death is not to be all sad. Yes we did barely know him and so did they. That's exactly why he died. It is supposed to show us how fast someone can die in this world. You make small progress towards each other ( Shihoru Manato scene as well as their break scene ) but in a blink of an eye all this can just die off. Before you even get to know that person, he/she simply dies. This world has no mercy and complete works according to nature. More so his death is supposed to knock some sense into them and make them learn of their mistakes. So let the characters grieve.

If you, without any experience of death due to your memory loss, loose one of the only persons you have in this world and this serious situation you grieve. I know it must be somewhat unbelievably for people like you and me who are dull towards topics like killing and death due to movies, games and the media but the thing is...they all don't have this. Things like this influence and hit them way harder than us. I thought episode 2 taught you that already :?

You can actually watch them go through the phases of sorrow, which children even get taught in school.

Shock -> Denial -> Blaming yourself or others -> Talking about others with it -> Key action to move on.

Their psychological development through this traumatizing experience is more realistic this way than just jump up, say "fuck it" and do what you always did.

So you think they are bland. Well fair, your opinion. I just think people easily miss so many things this show tries to tell us. There is a lot of symbolism, subtle hints and reading between the lines. Besides those characters still try to find themselves, they forgotten who they are exactly after all.

Also this is one of the rare cases where this show doesn't throw you a "I have to beat the bad guy" or "I have to get stronger in order to protect" goal in the face right off the bat. It's show don't tell. Right now their goal is simply to survive. What awaits us once they've managed become proper Crimson moon members and live somewhat decently? Who knows? That's what this show will explore by telling it's story. Can't blame you, since it's quite uncommon in these days of generic anime thrown at us left and right but it's just how it works here.

Pretty much all you want is what you will get, it just takes time. Why? Cause it's following the freaking pace of the LN. No skipping, no rush nothing. It's literally a LN animated and you have to be patient there. Besides, many things hint towards a multiple season adaptation.

Somebody gets it :) Thanks for the intelligent opinion, don't see too many of these when reading through comments about this series :/
Feb 21, 2016 3:27 PM

Nov 2014
Nice to see Mary open up a little

Hi there
Feb 21, 2016 3:47 PM
Sep 2014
jirachi3x said:
Kerozinn said:
what do people even see in this show?

Realistic character interactions and amazing character development, god tier visuals

Preach.
I do wonder if there's gonna be a second season...

Feb 21, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
It's nice to see the group getting along now and also getting better fighting goblins. And even though it is moving along very slowly, i'm still going to watch it to see how all these characters grow.
When Ranta asked 'Isn't it about time?' and everyone agreeing, I think next episode they'll attack that place they were scouting and get his knife back maybe...

Feb 21, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
This show has really grown on me, but those montages.... man i'm not really sure about that... don't really like them honestly
Feb 21, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
Richinaru said:

Somebody gets it :) Thanks for the intelligent opinion, don't see too many of these when reading through comments about this series :/

Thanks a lot! You just have to use your brain a little bit and all the things basically come flying to you but that seems a bit too hard for some people :D
Feb 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
kaze631 said:
This show has really grown on me, but those montages.... man i'm not really sure about that... don't really like them honestly

I can see where you come from but they have in fact a meaning. Some were added for original content in order to give the viewer a "show don't tell" experience. One of them would be episode 2. You could basically watch it while hearing the music and interpret so much in all those scenes. They were all filled with their own little story.

Well and then there are "montages" ( don't even know if you can call that one a montage since it had dialogue in it and moving animations ) like in this episode where they are used to make a sudden faster pace more enjoyable for the viewer. The LN also speeded through those days in which they hunted down Goblins so there is no point in extending on those battles with no other point than earning money.

They could have either done a montage, skip several days and suddenly they appear with new equip and skills or show it in detail and spend the rest of the episode or even next episode on it. Now guess which is the possibly best choice :). There you have it.

I mean people don't know that this was merely to make a fast jump in the source material more enjoyable but maybe it helps to understand the "why"
Feb 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, this episode felt like a mess.
It was still good,but idk. .. I guess insert song killed the mood again?(Imo)
Plus the Mary scene just felt awkward.
At least they are making progress now and the Mary issue is dealt with.
Feb 21, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
Man... I can help but to love this show.
Feb 21, 2016 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
I think that the real star of this show are the beautiful gorgeous painted backgrounds, and the realistic characterizations.

Konoetan said:

That's one of the show's strengths, I believe. After watching too many shows with an overpowered protag who keeps pulling saves out of his ass and cardboard supporting figures who are either his cheerleading squad or one tone villians designed to show off the hero's virtues (*cough*Mahouka*cough), this show is a refreshing breath of fresh air.

Mary's awkward response is just right- people who have suffered trauma and who have been solo for too long will find it difficult to mix in. They may keep away out to show they're not desperate, or because they don't know how to be nice anymore, or because it's not comfortable for them, or because they feel left out or many other reasons. It would be unrealistic to expect her to jump right in just because of an awkward speech.
Feb 21, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
It seems like pretty much everyone made lots of progress this episode. Looking forward to seeing Mary open up a bit more in the coming episodes.
Feb 21, 2016 4:45 PM

Aug 2015
Glad to see Mary hanging out more with the crew and everyone is starting to get a long now. Everyone is improving and hopefully they move on from the goblins. lol
Feb 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
Paulo27 said:

QFT. They did that "foreshadowing" perfectly. xD

moodie said:
make an anime that follows proper light novel pacing
>ppl call it to slow

make an anime that rushes and gets to the point and good parts of the show
>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind

And most of it are not non-LN readers who came expecting something different from a different show lol.

Shrimperor said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
You know. It's wrong expectations. People probably wanted yet another SAO-like action fantasy but got SoL drama with a bit of action. And they are complaining because they didn't get what they wanted.

Actually, i think it's more of hoooooooow slow it is, or atleast in my case. Especially with the insert Songs everywhere. Those 7 Episodes could've been easily done in 3-4 episodes and it wouldn't have felt rushed at all.

He already said it's SoL drama with a bit of action. Do you even know what SoL means? Would you say that to all SoL anime and cutegirlsdoingcutethings anime? SoL is all about the relaxed pacing and spending time with the world and characters. If you didn't care for that, well, that's your problem. I'm pretty sure he nailed it with this one, wrong expectations.

Feb 21, 2016 5:11 PM

Apr 2014
Didn't know that Mary had such a past with her party.
I believe her ex-party is better, but too bad...most of them are dead.
Feb 21, 2016 5:48 PM
Oct 2015
Great episode

Nice to see Ranta is no longer annoying that much lol

Their party was great, i love the development of each character. Hopefully will be better in the next episode

9/10
Feb 21, 2016 5:49 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
can't get enough of them Yume booty shots

shes so fucking fine
Feb 21, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
so the final episode is the fight with goblin leader/goblin king/goblin emperor/goblin chieftain/goblin warchief etc
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 21, 2016 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
Jacara said:
I think that the real star of this show are the beautiful gorgeous painted backgrounds, and the realistic characterizations.

Konoetan said:

That's one of the show's strengths, I believe. After watching too many shows with an overpowered protag who keeps pulling saves out of his ass and cardboard supporting figures who are either his cheerleading squad or one tone villians designed to show off the hero's virtues (*cough*Mahouka*cough), this show is a refreshing breath of fresh air.

Mary's awkward response is just right- people who have suffered trauma and who have been solo for too long will find it difficult to mix in. They may keep away out to show they're not desperate, or because they don't know how to be nice anymore, or because it's not comfortable for them, or because they feel left out or many other reasons. It would be unrealistic to expect her to jump right in just because of an awkward speech.

Well I kind of meant the whole ->sort of long apology-> suddenly changes to going home-> queue fighting music-> random montage-> fighting, go team! we're bonding now!
Feb 21, 2016 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
insert song is nice as always and it was kinda slow but who cares
Feb 21, 2016 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent ep. I like how they're making an effort to be nicer to Mary. It's also really cool seeing all these unique skills for all the different classes! The skills are kinda like SAO now that I think of it, except SAO's skills are mainly for swords and aren't as exciting to see.

Is it just me, or did that last part seem like it was foreshadowing Haruhiro's death? You know, the part where he reaches up to the moon at night and said "Manato, see you tomorrow"? Or am I just overthinking this?
Feb 21, 2016 6:26 PM

May 2013
why is the score lower than kono suba
this show is much better from my perspective, the art is better, the story is more mature 10/10
Feb 21, 2016 6:50 PM
Apr 2015
I have to agree I am disappointed with this anime adaptation. They keep adding useless stuff in when it is quite clear there is zero time for this bullshit, it really annoys me how they couldn't of just followed the fucking light novel. All they did was play around with this add fucking insert songs and added a bunch of useless ecchi.

Anyone out there the light novel is much better than this, I recommend reading that it is much more interesting than this.
Feb 21, 2016 6:51 PM

Oct 2013
This series is obviously character driven and I enjoy the characters interaction, but it would feel nice if the plot advances a bit faster. Also getting tired of the goblin fights. Is there anything else other than goblin as enemies? It feel like we are stuck in a time loop. 3/5
Feb 21, 2016 7:02 PM
Feb 2016
I enjoyed this episode for the most part. It was nice to finally see some real growth from Ranta, and I found it ironically humorous that Yume took over his role in essentially objectifying meaningful emotional responses to situations by completely ignoring them. Which is the problem I have with the show. They have done so well with their interactions, I wonder why they then shun one of their strengths by having (usually) Ranta play off subjects with large potential payoffs as nothing, and then moving on to something new.

I haven't read the LN, but I can't help but feel this would fair better with a seinen tag, as I think it's strength is how well it identifies and presents human responses and emotions, and presents situations and reactions in a very real way. How the party dealt with their emotions connected to manato's death was refreshing, and the scene between Haru and Yume towards the end of episode 5 was almost hauntingly real. I could see real people holding in their emotions and breaking down like that. So why not embrace this strength and explore it further under a seinen pretext?

Either way, because of the dichotomy between this almost seinen realism and complete lack of it keeps me from really getting into this anime. I have hope for it though, and I'll definitely keep watching
Feb 21, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2016
Some big steps for this party! Can't wait for the next episode
Onei
Feb 21, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
TheBoulderino said:
I haven't read the LN, but I can't help but feel this would fair better with a seinen tag, as I think it's strength is how well it identifies and presents human responses and emotions, and presents situations and reactions in a very real way. How the party dealt with their emotions connected to manato's death was refreshing, and the scene between Haru and Yume towards the end of episode 5 was almost hauntingly real. I could see real people holding in their emotions and breaking down like that. So why not embrace this strength and explore it further under a seinen pretext?

I don't know where you got the definition for seinen but it isn't a genre. It's a demographic tag only used for manga that are serialized in seinen magazine.
Feb 21, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
For cryin' out loud... Did they really have to put another terrible placed insert song? This show... I swear to god. Not only was this episode terribly boring, but that song placement just made me facepalm.

2/5
Feb 21, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhh, decent episode. They were able to keep the melo drama under control, thankfully.
Feb 21, 2016 8:00 PM
Feb 2016
Z4k said:
TheBoulderino said:

I don't know where you got the definition for seinen but it isn't a genre. It's a demographic tag only used for manga that are serialized in seinen magazine.

I am aware that seinen is a demagraphical tag, I simply meant that I feel this anime would be better off if it was targeted for seinen. A seinen grimgar might be more willing to pay closer attention to the interactions between the characters and their emotions towards their situations and each other which I find so well done here. Sorry to give you the wrong idea, I'm still fairly new to the subtle nuances of anime anyway, so my word choice might not be ideal.
Feb 21, 2016 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Another really good episode, I loved the character development in this one with everyone really maturing for the better and the group synergy with Mary getting better as well. Loved seeing the new skills and armor they got and how much better their teamwork is now that they are pretty much on a goblin genocide killing so many and all the yummy Yume buttshots in this one lol. Overall another really well done episode with good action, drama, suspense and even the insert song was in my opinion well placed in this one. I can't wait to see them fight the goblins who took Haruhiro's dagger and killed Manato in the next one and hopefully nothing to tragic happens.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 21, 2016 8:44 PM

Jul 2014
This is retarded. A completely wasted episode where they AGAIN talk about their dead cleric. There was NO REASON for this episode to even exist. 100% redundant.
Feb 21, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
Ramiel00 said:
You definitely have a big problem with these insert songs ...

I don't even know what an insert song is. Is it that amateurish garbage they have during the montage that I do my best to ignore?
Feb 21, 2016 9:00 PM

Oct 2014
10/10 another nice episode , I really like this slow pacing and those insert songs
Feb 21, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 2013
Not sure what all the complaints are about, but I loved this episode. The way Haruhiro narrates the show makes it sound like he's reading out of his diary or a book or something, which I quite like because not too many shows are able to do this, and this one does it so well too.

Loved how awkward Mary is around everyone. It's not easy to trust and interact with people once you've fallen out of the habit of doing so, and if you add the traumatic experience she'd experienced, it's hundreds of times harder still. Love the progression that the others in their team are making, and I feel like Haruhiro's slowly becoming a decent leader in Minato's stead. The scenes near the end of the so-called "MV" did well to portray how the team was coming together. I for one really enjoyed it.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 21, 2016 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
Not much happened this week, but that's ok. As long as the show doesn't forget where it's going and wraps up nicely, I'll be cool with it.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 21, 2016 10:42 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good episode and we finally get some development in the form of new equipment, skills, and teamwork. That was really the best part of the episode.

The insert songs never bother me. I don't really see why there's so much hate for them.

Seeing Mary warm up to the group is a good sign.

I'm also glad that it sounds like they're finally planning to move on from the goblins soon. I would really like to see some new places, dungeons, and cities before the series is over. I really think this could be a really deep world if they explored more.
Feb 21, 2016 11:06 PM
Dec 2012
The dialogue was actually quite good this episode. Less fighting, more cooperation.
Lots of progression on their skills and equipment, which is nice to see.
Things seem to be going smoothly. Until they meet the stronger goblins? Perhaps the one who has his dagger now?

I like Mary. Can't say I've warmed up to her yet but she'll be even better when she's out of her shell.

Insert song once again. Bath scene, sleep scene and goblins. Nothing unusual.
Each episode really does feel like the last.

That Manato appearance. Are they seeking revenge for the Goblin that killed Manato?
Feb 21, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
The show is really starting to pick up. The first 3 (and arguably 4) episodes were very hit and miss, but the last three have been very strong.

The only strong negative I have about this episode is, once again, the goddamn insert songs. In my opinion, the whole point of insert songs is to hype up the viewer during an intense dramatic or action-packed scene. The reason the insert songs in Grimgar work so poorly is
1) They happen all the damn time,
2) They play them at almost the exact same time slot as any other of the insert song episodes, and
3) They happen during the least impactful (most of the time) parts of the entire episode.
It's obvious that A1-Pictures has to put in these songs because they are contracted to do so, but they could've utilized them in a much less predictable and pointless way to not have them stand out so much.

Other than that, solid episode. Mary's character is fitting incredibly well with both the other party members and the general feel of the entire anime. The probable romance between Haruhiro and Yume is highlighted just enough to feel relevant, but not too much as to feel that it empowers anything else. And although a small part of the episode, I really like the whole goblin hunter bit at the pub. It's a comedic way to highlight both how far they've come and how little they have actually accomplished both at the same time.

I'm very glad I kept up with this series. At this rate, this might become my favourite video-game style anime of all time (not like that's a hard thing to do with all the shit in this genre xD).
Feb 21, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
TheBoulderino said:
Z4k said:

I am aware that seinen is a demagraphical tag, I simply meant that I feel this anime would be better off if it was targeted for seinen. A seinen grimgar might be more willing to pay closer attention to the interactions between the characters and their emotions towards their situations and each other which I find so well done here. Sorry to give you the wrong idea, I'm still fairly new to the subtle nuances of anime anyway, so my word choice might not be ideal.

Well, there is nothing holding the author back. So using seinen as a term for being mature is silly. You know that seinen is a demographic but yet you still use it wrongly? I'm getting you're saying you wish the series focus a bit more on the characters interaction ect in a more deeper way than what it is doing right now, correct?? Well saying "A seinen grimgar would be better" just kinda makes you seem a bit ignorant.

It would make more sense if you had said A more "mature" version of grimgar would be much more in depth with the characters interaction ect. basically do yourself a favour and leave out the seinen part. A series being in a seinen magazine won't make the series any better/more mature. Not to mention the fact that this series is a adaptation from a LN, which means it's neither seinen, shounen, shoujo ect.
keragammingFeb 21, 2016 11:45 PM
Feb 21, 2016 11:38 PM

Sep 2013
Fappa said:
All of them got new skills and equipment. The Light Novel pays more focus on that so I’ll tell you what exactly. The anime has already passed the point where this should be explained so it's no spoiler territory and safe :)

- Haurhiro got himself a set of leather armor which gives him more protection but more importantly a psychological boon. He doesn’t see the necessity for a new dagger since he’s fine with the one he had. Yeah the loss of the dagger is actually anime original and I think it will play a big role in the next episode. His new skill basically allows him to scout and set up ambushes which is a valuable thing, especially for them.

- Shihoru got a new set of clothing because her old one began to tear apart. I don’t know if she got a new staff in the anime but staffs don’t strenghten your magic anyway. She aquired a new spell which lets the enemy sleep and unless he isn’t hit ( even by Goblin allies ) he won’t wake for a time.

- Yume got herself a set of leather armor and a cloak which is normal for hunters. Once again I want to emphasize that they have been using second hear gear from their guild all the time. She got a dodge skill which gives her more agility and another skill that allows her to aim better. All in all Yume seems to slowly balance more on using the bow.

- Ranta also got himself a helmet because he is at the front lines. And yes it is supposed to look dumb. The other actually make fun of him because of it. He also spent almost all of his money on a new longsword which is plainly stupid. Even Haru knows that. He also got himself a combat roll skill and a trust that functions as a dash.

- Mogzo got the expected helmet and also a full set of plate armor. The group had to scratch together nearly all their money to buy him all that but he has to fulfill a key role for their group so it’s necessary. Mogzo got himself the skill "War cry" which stuns the enemy for a short time and draws attention to him.

- Mary is already far superior to the rest of the group so she doesn’t need to get new equipment

They mentioned something about the Goblins having actual social life and a gender. The light novels gives the reader a little bit more information about that.

The Goblins that are in Damrow were once under the control of the Death King but they revolted. They started a riot and pretty much left his army and Damrow is where they all ended up. Now there are fights about territory between the Goblins.

Those who are strong are able to life in the central of the city, those who are banished from their groups because they are weak leave the center and settle down where our party hunts. So far they've basically hunted the weaker individuals of the Goblin race.

Still some banned Goblins start to team up and try to gain more territory. Those goblins in episode 4 that killed Manato are one of those groups for example.

Hope this could help to clarify some things.

Also personally I loved how they adapted this episode.

I really love how Mary's ex ally said the he is sure he took her with him out of the mines but she is still "somehow down there"

This also applies to our group. They can't move on from this place. They could go hunt elsewhere but Manato's death always draws them back to this town. They don't even ask themselves if they could hunt elsewhere, they just go to Damrow every single day. This kinda shows you how they haven't moved on. Especially Haru and his interactions with Manato in his mind shows that he maybe has made the least progress compared to the rest.

I also love the symbolism. In the montage that some people see as "useless" they show us 6 white birds while only one bird flies away. This could stand for Manato who moved on and left them behind. Later you can see 6 birds again which you could see as Mary finally being accepted into their group.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Maybe the LN is so much better at detail compare to the anime. Where do your read it?
Feb 22, 2016 12:31 AM

Oct 2013
na35899 said:
why is the score lower than kono suba
this show is much better from my perspective, the art is better, the story is more mature 10/10

Comparing two shows based on rankings is completely pointless, especially when they are both still airing. You have to wait a few weeks after both shows have finished airing to have at least an ok consensus of what people think of the show.

Even then, it's hard to compare these two shows. The only real similarity they have is that they both have RPG elements. The purposes of both shows are entirely different: KonoSuba is a comedy (so of course the story is going to be less mature), while Grimgar is a much more serious take on the genre of RPG-esque anime. And in my opinion, the animation matters a lot less in a comedy anime than in something like Grimgar.

Of course you can like whichever show better, but it's pretty unfair to compare two shows that are thematically and narratively very different.
Feb 22, 2016 12:39 AM

Sep 2013
For me the anime started dying after the episode 4,now we just got friendship bullshit and who cares drama,if it was a 24 episodes i would be okay with it but with only 12 episodes its just a waste imo...

Anyway this anime is still good i think but i kinda miss the first episodes now...
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 22, 2016 1:10 AM

Oct 2014
I don't where this is going and there's no plot at all so far but I am enjoying it.

But damn who the hell is directing this? What's up with all the insert songs xD
Feb 22, 2016 1:17 AM

May 2009
moodie said:
make an anime that follows proper light novel pacing
>ppl call it to slow

make an anime that rushes and gets to the point and good parts of the show
>ppl say its rushed

make up ur god damn mind

I know right ? What's wrong with people nowdays ?

Mary looks cute tho in this eps but my fav is still Yume. Hope there'll be a 2nd season.
Feb 22, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2008
This show is getting more and more interesting as it goes however what I've been saying stands... 12 EP's is not enough!
Feb 22, 2016 1:39 AM

Dec 2014
Nice to see that Mary is starting to open up to the party.

They've killed so many goblins that they've earned the title Goblin Slayers xDD
That's some dedicated grinding right there.

Wonder how this whole skill system works in Grimgar, It's not explicitly been said they are in a game and there have been no other signs of it apart from this Skill system.

Looks like they're finally gonna attack those goblins that killed Manato. The episode felt slow but it was pretty good overall.
Feb 22, 2016 1:43 AM
Feb 2016
keragamming said:
TheBoulderino said:

Well, there is nothing holding the author back. So using seinen as a term for being mature is silly. You know that seinen is a demographic but yet you still use it wrongly? I'm getting you're saying you wish the series focus a bit more on the characters interaction ect in a more deeper way than what it is doing right now, correct?? Well saying "A seinen grimgar would be better" just kinda makes you seem a bit ignorant.

It would make more sense if you had said A more "mature" version of grimgar would be much more in depth with the characters interaction ect. basically do yourself a favour and leave out the seinen part. A series being in a seinen magazine won't make the series any better/more mature. Not to mention the fact that this series is a adaptation from a LN, which means it's neither seinen, shounen, shoujo ect.

Another slight misunderstanding from my poor word choice. I merely wished to comment that I felt that if Grimgar were produced as though it were targeted at the seinen demographic, a more mature audience, that it would suit it better and probably be better received. I feel grimgar is already fairly mature in it's content, and said content is fairly well done, so focusing on it more might be beneficial to the series.

On my word choice I used seinen to try to indicate the above idea. It seems that I should be more careful, and provide more context, as I see the point of view you are coming from. I apologize if I misled anyone with a poorly worded statement. Thank you for your input
Feb 22, 2016 1:46 AM

Oct 2015
I look forward to this anime every week! i'm enjoying every episode of this so far. I think it has great character development art, animation, the music, the lot. Can't wait for more!
Feb 22, 2016 1:56 AM

Oct 2013
TheBoulderino said:
keragamming said:

Another slight misunderstanding from my poor word choice. I merely wished to comment that I felt that if Grimgar were produced as though it were targeted at the seinen demographic, a more mature audience, that it would suit it better and probably be better received. I feel grimgar is already fairly mature in it's content, and said content is fairly well done, so focusing on it more might be beneficial to the series.

On my word choice I used seinen to try to indicate the above idea. It seems that I should be more careful, and provide more context, as I see the point of view you are coming from. I apologize if I misled anyone with a poorly worded statement. Thank you for your input

No problem. I get what you were getting at though. So don't sweat it.
Feb 22, 2016 2:10 AM
Oct 2012
i love the insert song.
they are progressing very good but i am still afraid cuz the last time they progressed manato died
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

463 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.