Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Feb 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
Nobluesky said:
Seraphrim said:
Question: Has anyone had issue getting thubmnail pics to load. I cannot get the cover images to load from dropbox. Wame with wallpapers I host from dropbox.
As I said, your list is broken, no wallpaper, no styling, nor thumbnails will show.
See the creator of your layout's topic (last post at the bottom)
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=459189&show=300

You gonna need to rehost every missing import of your layout next time it is online.
How to do that : http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=411779

Or choose another layout for the time being.

You know this club, right?

Thanks for replying Nobluesky. I had changed my code back after I had made that comment. lol Sorry about that. I am working to getting ti set up where the only host I have to worry about is myself.
Feb 23, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2016
hey how do i stop that annoying message saying the list was updated and if you want to revert blablabla?
Feb 23, 2016 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Sakuraoka said:
hey how do i stop that annoying message saying the list was updated and if you want to revert blablabla?
It should've been fixed long ago. It's been gone for me for a while now. What browser + version you using?
Feb 23, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
latest chrome
Tyrel said:
Sakuraoka said:
It should've been fixed long ago. It's been gone for me for a while now. What browser + version you using?

latest chrome, it only shows once but every time that i login then it goes away

edit: 48.0.2564.116 m
SakuraokaFeb 23, 2016 6:19 PM
Feb 23, 2016 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Sakuraoka said:
latest chrome
Tyrel said:

Uhm. It doesn't show for me at all on Firefox. Maybe it's just chrome? But if that were the case, I'm sure a lot more people would be posting about it...
Feb 23, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2016
Tyrel said:
Sakuraoka said:
latest chrome

Uhm. It doesn't show for me at all on Firefox. Maybe it's just chrome? But if that were the case, I'm sure a lot more people would be posting about it...

hmm, plus adblock and ghostery? plus i wipe the cache every day, forgot to mention, sorry

maybe get rid of it forever? its not a big deal though, i just thought it had a setting for it.
TyrelFeb 23, 2016 6:38 PM
Feb 24, 2016 1:11 AM
May 2015
I don't have those anime/manga pics next to series name.. How can I fix it ?
Feb 24, 2016 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
@sakuraoka apparently every time you clear cache, it comes back.
@trdzix go to preferences and tick images.
Feb 24, 2016 4:15 AM
May 2015
ryukan said:
@sakuraoka apparently every time you clear cache, it comes back.
@trdzix go to preferences and tick images.

tnx ! :)
Feb 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Jan 2016
I like it. Great improvement!

Feb 24, 2016 7:36 AM
Jun 2013
I actually like the new list design, but i have some issues with it. on the all anime part it seems a bit confusing and cluttered, i get the color coding but it would be good to have something that shows the differences more clearly Between what is watched and what is not and so on.

otherwise it looks nice, if you are going to make new list designs in the future please think of practicality of what you make as well as design.

Also think of people with colorblindness as well (i am not colorblind myself, but it might be a problem for some people)
Feb 24, 2016 7:45 PM
Mar 2015
I just noticed another issue. If you have "Override user list styles and only use the one I want" selected in your settings and use the old style, other users' lists still show the new style. For obvious reasons, I think it would be better if this setting respected the old style setting as well.
Feb 24, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
so my current anime list will be removed?

Feb 25, 2016 8:47 AM

Oct 2009
I was pleasantly surprised to see the new designed lists! Thank you! =D
Feb 25, 2016 8:57 AM
Aug 2014
@Xinil

If I may provide a small but maybe critical amount of feedback foreseeing some issues that I (and other CSS editors) may come across as we edit our lists. If anyone knows any better place to provide this feedback rather than the forums, I appreciate being redirected there.

It's great you've provided data attributes with various pieces of information but it would make life simpler having each list .list-item provide a few more data attributes or classes.
What concerns me is when the list is set to display "all anime", I'd still want a way to be able to identify whether an anime is currently being watched, or completed, etc... I'm aware of there being .watching class within but CSS3 provides no possibility to select the ancestor. All I'm asking is for as much data as possible to be tied directly to the .list-item class rather than its children. It would be nice to have the anime or manga IDs in a data attribute too. I can see this being useful to make it apparent that all the list items taking on a certain style would be, e.g. favourites.

Having said that I love the new design, more for its HTML structure than its CSS (even though there's a clear improvement in the CSS too, I will be heavily changing it). I'm looking forward to having the CSS editor re-enabled.

EDIT: I just noticed the "more" tr has the ID in it still. Why place it there and not on the tr before?
TomikaAromeFeb 25, 2016 9:01 AM
Feb 25, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
I love it. Now if only we could group them by genres
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Feb 25, 2016 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
Don't know if this was brought up before but with the new list style you can't order your list by lowest score to highest anymore, Before you could by just pressing on the score tab again.
Feb 26, 2016 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
Aassdddai said:
Don't know if this was brought up before but with the new list style you can't order your list by lowest score to highest anymore, Before you could by just pressing on the score tab again.

huh? we can?
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ryukan?status=1&order=4&tag=
Feb 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Dec 2012

I'm saying we could on the old list design, but for the new one there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
Feb 26, 2016 4:44 AM

Jan 2008
Love the new layout and nice option is you can revert to old style for those who wish to do so. Thumbs up.
Feb 26, 2016 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
Aassdddai said:

I'm saying we could on the old list design, but for the new one there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

i clicked on score on the new list design and it worked.
Feb 26, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
The bloat is real, holy shit.
Feb 26, 2016 7:17 AM
Jul 2015
The older version looks better for me. I just hope you guys don't dezactivate it completely in time. I'd hate to leave MAL since I'm still here only because I can keep a list of the series I've watched.

If you dezactivate the old style...well, there won't be anything left to keep me on this website
Feb 26, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
orario_ said:
The older version looks better for me. I just hope you guys don't dezactivate it completely in time. I'd hate to leave MAL since I'm still here only because I can keep a list of the series I've watched.

If you dezactivate the old style...well, there won't be anything left to keep me on this website

This. MAL, don't do anything stupid. (well, you already have done a bunch of stupid things, but whatever, right?)
:3
Feb 26, 2016 4:45 PM

Apr 2012
It looks nice and interesting idea. Thank you for having giving us the right to choose))
But I like the list style design - classic.
I do not love shounen-ai and yaoi there, where it is not present.
Feb 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2008
Nice :)
Thnx :)

Feb 27, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
i like it.. changed mine to dark/red.. wish i could also put a BG image like some guys did in the OP..
Feb 27, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
Is there a way to disable other people's list designs so that it looks like the plain classic list when I view it?

I know you could disable viewing custom anime lists from others, but I can't find the setting to make their lists look like classic.
Feb 27, 2016 3:31 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
MAL belongs to MAL and I am just a person using their website. As such, whatever they deem correct, I have to use. I do not care for the loss of my list styles. I feel like my lists are like my home.....distinctly mine. Using the new style relegated to me is like living in public housing with default furniture bolted to the floor.

I like having my covers displayed in a larger size for ease of detail. The new default covers are truly "thumbnails"......of a two year old child's thumbs.

I also like viewing other's lists for the styles presented. Some are calming, some exciting, some humorous, etc. but each makes me feel as if I have a tiny understanding of the list owner. The new default just makes me feel as if I have met my next door apartment neighbor and get to see his furniture bolted to the floor also.

MAL still beats a Word document that I used to use before joining......and that is about all. Sad Panda with hopes for future customization.
Feb 27, 2016 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh. "Modern" design, ruining everything once again. The old list is just easier to read, which is the most important thing. But I guess people must eat this shit up. Please let the old style remain a permanent option, I don't want to be forced to use your ugly new designs.
Feb 28, 2016 2:44 AM

Dec 2011
PaleBlue said:
Ugh. "Modern" design, ruining everything once again. The old list is just easier to read, which is the most important thing. But I guess people must eat this shit up. Please let the old style remain a permanent option, I don't want to be forced to use your ugly new designs.

no one is forcing you.. you can use the classic design forever i think.. and you can even switch between the modern and the classic one whenever you feel like it..
Feb 28, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2011
melodyofd_d said:
PaleBlue said:

no one is forcing you.. you can use the classic design forever i think.. and you can even switch between the modern and the classic one whenever you feel like it..
not when they will remove the "classic" in the future once they decide the "modern" is "good enough"

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 28, 2016 6:49 PM

Mar 2015
I like the new design but I'm glad we have the choice to keep the old one. I just prefer it since it's a slimmer design.
Mar 3, 2016 10:56 PM
Sep 2015
How so I redesign my list???
Mar 5, 2016 10:44 PM

Aug 2015
im glad for this new design. im liking it.
My hot seat: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582823
watch me be a huge noob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vav-Cb1biI

megaminx+pyraminx :)
Mar 6, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2008
Changed to old style... my old comp with win xp can't take it!
Mar 6, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
One of the reasons I used to love MAL so much was the utilitarian nature of it. With every change that makes this site more "modern" it gets slightly worse. At this rate I'll be forced to find a new method of keeping track of my anime.

I am happy to see the option to keep the format this time. If I was forced to use the new one I would have left then and there.
Mar 7, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
I want to change my list but CSS code not working. :(
Mar 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
I see that a lot of people didn't like the new design, but i absolutely love it! Can't wait to see it improved.
Btw how do you make the picture of the anime to appear? I can't find that option.
@Xinil help pls xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 7, 2016 9:25 PM
Nov 2008
I just switched to the new list (I haven't been visiting MAL enough...) and at first was like "EW UGH" but then I saw you can turn off the images column. MUCH better with images off and not having to scroll forever and ever.

I just wish that big rectangle on top were either not there at all or could be a custom banner of some sort? Right now it is just pointless... and ugly.
Mar 8, 2016 3:06 AM

Jul 2008
Cave said:
I just switched to the new list (I haven't been visiting MAL enough...) and at first was like "EW UGH" but then I saw you can turn off the images column. MUCH better with images off and not having to scroll forever and ever.

I just wish that big rectangle on top were either not there at all or could be a custom banner of some sort? Right now it is just pointless... and ugly.

The one that says myanimelist in a big blue box?
I believe you can change it? Go to list style design or something and when choosing one of the preset designs, you can edit it? there should be an option beneath the designs.
Mar 8, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
GUYS.

Most of the questions being asked have already been answered twenty times apiece (maybe more) in this thread. Try reading the thread for the information. You are not helpless. You can find most likely find the answers on your own. If you have an actual bug, this thread is no longer new and MAL may not be checking it periodically, so you may want to use the proper methods for contacting them.

Next.

MAL classic design WILL BE DISABLED. Come into the light, embrace the new design, and stop being so rude. MAL does a lot for us, and it's clearly a very thankless job. You don't have to be in love with the new one, but it doesn't make it acceptable to be so rude to the group that has built this website for your convenience. Making suggestions or being unable to use it due to bugs is one thing, but you should try being grateful for their work even if the new product isn't everything your dreams are made of.

At least voice your concerns in a constructive manner. You can say you don't like it in a polite and helpful way, believe it or not.
Mar 9, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2008
bossfox said:
Come into the light, embrace the new design, and stop being so rude.

While I'm all for the changes made for website so far, the modern style makes it load so slow, that I'm going to change to another service if it's enforced.

The same should apply for loads of other people as there's many complaints about it.

Now, is voicing this out rude or is it a call to push for changes that will prevent any major disappointments?
Mar 9, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2009
Uriziel said:
bossfox said:
Come into the light, embrace the new design, and stop being so rude.

While I'm all for the changes made for website so far, the modern style makes it load so slow, that I'm going to change to another service if it's enforced.

The same should apply for loads of other people as there's many complaints about it.

Now, is voicing this out rude or is it a call to push for changes that will prevent any major disappointments?

I'm not sure if you've read this entire thread the way I have (or even if you actually read my entire post that you're replying to). I've been active on this thread since it was posted, and I only check back now and then to see what people have been saying and if there are new questions that I can help with.

The point is that so many people have been posting comments in extremely rude ways. I'm not sure why you think I THINK that voicing a major concern alone is rude.

I feel I shouldn't need to literally copy and paste from my post that you are responding to, but this should answer your question:

" You don't have to be in love with the new one, but it doesn't make it acceptable to be so rude to the group that has built this website for your convenience. Making suggestions or being unable to use it due to bugs is one thing...At least voice your concerns in a constructive manner. You can say you don't like it in a polite and helpful way, believe it or not."

Telling MAL that there is a problem is fine. Telling them that they suck, and their new design sucks, and they never do anything right (I'm paraphrasing) is rude. If someone speaks that way to someone else, the person on the receiving end tends to be less receptive to the concern. If you want someone to listen to your concern, you have to be respectful.

TL;DR If you have a real concern, voice it productively. This list is not perfect, and MAL will surely appreciate the input when voiced respectfully. Simply saying there is a problem is not rude. If you are not being rude, then my original message wasn't even directed at you.
Mar 9, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
bossfox said:
GUYS.

Most of the questions being asked have already been answered twenty times apiece (maybe more) in this thread. Try reading the thread for the information. You are not helpless. You can find most likely find the answers on your own. If you have an actual bug, this thread is no longer new and MAL may not be checking it periodically, so you may want to use the proper methods for contacting them.

Next.

MAL classic design WILL BE DISABLED. Come into the light, embrace the new design, and stop being so rude. MAL does a lot for us, and it's clearly a very thankless job. You don't have to be in love with the new one, but it doesn't make it acceptable to be so rude to the group that has built this website for your convenience. Making suggestions or being unable to use it due to bugs is one thing, but you should try being grateful for their work even if the new product isn't everything your dreams are made of.

At least voice your concerns in a constructive manner. You can say you don't like it in a polite and helpful way, believe it or not.

We don't have to worship at their feet for every change they make, especially if it's a bad change. If they remove the classic list design people will be getting a lot ruder, because there is absolutely no reason to do that.

The MAL devs have proved their incompetence in the past, that's why people are upset.

Mod Edit: Keep your insults to yourself.
TyrelMar 9, 2016 3:00 PM
Mar 9, 2016 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Narmy said:
bossfox said:
GUYS.

Next.

We don't have to worship at their feet for every change they make, especially if it's a bad change. If they remove the classic list design people will be getting a lot ruder, because there is absolutely no reason to do that.

The MAL devs have proved their incompetence in the past, that's why people are upset.
Getting ruder isn't going to change a thing, so all the power to them. Not like users haven't voiced their concerns in a rude manner before—it got them nowhere except for a few of them getting banned for going over-the-top.
Mar 9, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Tyrel said:
Narmy said:

Getting ruder isn't going to change a thing, so all the power to them. Not like users haven't voiced their concerns in a rude manner before—it got them nowhere except for a few of them getting banned for going over-the-top.

Voicing our concerns in a polite matter gets us nowhere too. MAL staff doesn't care less either way.
Mar 9, 2016 5:10 PM

Nov 2009
Narmy said:
Tyrel said:

Voicing our concerns in a polite matter gets us nowhere too. MAL staff doesn't care less either way.

No one told you to worship MAL for everything they do. If you have a concern, voice it productively. Rudeness will get you nowhere.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: People are more receptive to your problems if they are voiced politely and respectfully.

That's not to say that if you ask for something politely and respectfully you WILL get it. Only a very entitled person would think that. But being rude is less likely to get you what you want unless you are being rude to a particularly spineless person, and that's also referred to as bullying someone into submission. It's not a very respectable thing to do.

At this point, it's important to accept that this is the way things are now. It's just a redesign, and it's not the end of the world. Make suggestions if you want, and DEFINITELY report bugs (especially if they are making it impossible for you to use the new list), but let the MAL guys and gals change things when they want to. It's their database that they made and allow anyone to use, so they can really do whatever they want with it.

You are not required to worship them for this. But you can still be polite. An example:

"Hey, MAL. Great work on making this site exist. I've really enjoyed making it the center of my life (in a good way) and literally being on it [at least] five hours out of every day. The new list redesign, however, is posing a problem for me because (insert legitimate issue here). Is there a way we could (insert productive solution)? I don't think I'm crazy about the new design because (insert reason), so maybe in the future you could implement (insert solution) to make it more user friendly. Thanks for your time, and have a great day!"

This is a very basic way to go about it. Feel free to re-word it based on your personality, but keep it in the realms of "polite". I'm pretty sure MAL staff cares or this site wouldn't exist for public use, however, they are going to make it the way they want it to be. I have no doubt they get hundreds of suggestions daily, and the ones they do like can take time to employ properly, especially when there is constant updating that needs to happen on the daily.

One more thing: MAL is obviously looking to keep things uniform, which explains the reasoning for removing the old design. This is not incompetence; it's a difference of opinion on what looks better. Seriously. That's what it is. People are always resistant to change, but that doesn't make change bad. The new design lacks in some areas and excels in others, the same way the old one lacked in some areas and excelled in others.

TL;DR You can't always get what you want, but you can still treat people with respect, as well as respect their right to say "no". And if you have a legit bug that is making it impossible to use the new list, this is a pretty valid reason to have an issue with said new list, but not a valid reason to be rude.
Mar 10, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
The new style is pretty nice.
Thanks for not forcing us to use it though.
Mar 12, 2016 4:48 AM

Nov 2015
I think both, the new and the old design look really cool, I'm glad you can still switch between them.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
5 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.