Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 5, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
^^^ Electronic dance music in case you dont know. Do you listen to it, or are u a pop/jpop fan or any other kind. Just curious ^.^
Feb 5, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
I listen to a bunch of trance music, but then the more obscure kind you find on youtube for example. Not the Hardwell and Armin van Buuren stuff. Feels way too stale.
Feb 5, 2016 1:31 AM

Sep 2015
no, edm sucks almost as much as dubstep

Feb 5, 2016 2:30 AM

Jun 2015
I listen to it. Used to be a dubstep fanboy, but started listening to this magical thing called drum and bass and i fell in love.
Feb 5, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2015
crashinho said:
I listen to it. Used to be a dubstep fanboy, but started listening to this magical thing called drum and bass and i fell in love.

Drum n bass <3
Feb 5, 2016 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
Nigami_Shin said:

This is like saying 'jazz sucks almost as much as bebop,' lol.

I am very interested in anything electronic music, so there are a few 'EDM' genres that I like, such as house (big sucker for earlier stuff, like eurohouse, chicago house etc), trance (mostly early 90s and acidy stuff), techno, a bit of trap, and jungle featuring an abundance of sliced and butchered amen breaks. Modern jungle and DnB is generally not to my taste. Breakcore is kinda cool though, but arguably danceable.
MoogFeb 5, 2016 5:49 AM
Feb 5, 2016 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Sure, I can listen to some EDM here and there. I have to say though that it's not really what I usually go for.
Feb 5, 2016 2:20 PM
Mar 2015
Robiiii said:
crashinho said:

Drum n bass <3

Love me some D&B, the 90's stuff is pretty underrated however. Good names such as Goldie, Squarepusher, LTJ Bukem and 4hero (outside the post-Creating Patterns fame) never get good attention outside UK today.

Moving on with my answer: Yes I do, mostly downtempo, D&B/jungle, house, and some dubstep from now.
Though my interest for new genres and bands has got me a bit left out of the electronic side currently.
Feb 5, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
I listen to 'EDM' almost exclusively (though I don't actually like the term itself)..Have a pretty big collection by now. More of a fan of Hardcore in general then Trance and Progressive House.
Feb 5, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
I listen to a lot of different electronic genres.

Moog said:
Nigami_Shin said:

Real Dubstep is more toward being downtempo so I would not consider it EDM.
traedFeb 5, 2016 6:07 PM
Feb 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Jun 2012
I used to listen to it quite frequently, but now not so much. When I get into certain moods I might listen to a track or two, but outside of those times it's pretty much alternative / jrock most of the time.
Feb 6, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
traed said:

Moog said:

Real Dubstep is more toward being downtempo so I would not consider it EDM.

This is just pedantry, though. It's true that 'real' dubstep doesn't bear much resemblance to the commercially palatable and easily digestable sound that popular artists hijacked from the UK garage, dub, and ambient scene, but I think it's important to consider the style that has the biggest impact on the average music listener. When I think of dubstep I think about artists like Burial, and perhaps you think of similar artists, but I don't think there's much point in being painstakingly meticulous about definitions when pretty much every person that primarily consumes popular music think of 'dubstep' as the commercially successful style that everyone hears on the radio and TV, and not the style that, to some degree, still can be considered niche and less accessible. I think it's therefore fair to categorize dubstep as EDM, and pretty much everyone does that too already anyway.

At the end of the day it'll always be the underground artists that spearhead popular musical trends and movements, and even though you can argue that the style has become so perverted that it no longer resembles its origins, you just gotta accept it for what it is. Personally I think it's kinda cool that the real style remains in the shadows, because it gives it that obscure and almost mythical vibe to it. At least that's how the average person sees it.
MoogFeb 6, 2016 3:23 AM
Feb 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
@Moog perhaps although Id consider it more a subgenre. Filthstep if you want to call it. Brostep is more derogatory of a term and Filthstep is the only other term i heard.
Feb 6, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2015
traed said:
@Moog perhaps although Id consider it more a subgenre. Filthstep if you want to call it. Brostep is more derogatory of a term and Filthstep is the only other term i heard.

When ppl say Filthstep or any variation of that, it just provokes a cringe-fest to any hardcore dubstep fan, including myself. Even brostep makes ppl wanna facepalm hard. Just no. Just call it dubstep, and you will be fine (:
Feb 6, 2016 2:39 PM

Mar 2008
@Robiiii but then how would you differentiate the entirely different sounds?
Feb 6, 2016 2:55 PM

Dec 2015
traed said:
@Robiiii but then how would you differentiate the entirely different sounds?

You just say*it sounds very robotic* or *it sounds super high pitched* or 100 million ways u wanna say. Pretty simple as artists tend to stick to certain style. Its even simpler to say like *sounds like Eptic* or *sounds like D-Jahsta* but these comparisons work only if the artists r *famous* enough. Either way, thats pretty much how u compare. :D
Feb 6, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
EDM is so boring, it has no personality, more experimental stuff is likely more interesting. But for the most part it's just the same notes over and over with a female vocalist in the background until it gets to the drop.
Feb 6, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2015
Jerkhov said:
EDM is so boring, it has no personality, more experimental stuff is likely more interesting. But for the most part it's just the same notes over and over with a female vocalist in the background until it gets to the drop.

Check out Culprate, hes as experimental as it can be XD
His album Deliverance has so much personality my face exploded. XD
RobiiiiFeb 7, 2016 4:53 AM

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7588 by 3miL »»
26 minutes ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Yesterday

10 by JustOscar »»
31 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3388 by 3miL »»
55 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - Yesterday

1 by Zettaiken »»
6 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.