Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Mustakurmu said:
I know, but I hate chapter 35 soo much..

Why? I don't see anything particularly hateable there?

People keep complaining about cliché and harm anime, yet when something takes a realistic route, they also whine. Seems like some people won't be happy whichever route a story takes.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I still think it's a combination of elements that remind people of Steins;Gate, the teen melodrama (feels), Yuki Kajiura doing the music (MAL considers her and Hiroyuki Sawano to be the undisputed best composers of all time and are probably the only ones most people know or get so hyped up over) and Yuki Aoi (extremely popular heavily pushed seiyu) being the female lead and putting in a solid performance. Just combine all these elements and the fact that it's MAL and it almost makes sense why it's getting pushed this over the top. The show might as well have been designed from the ground up to be mega popular on MAL and with the under 20 demo especially.

Quite interesting that Kanno Yoko, which is probably the most popular musician in Japan when it comes to anime isn't as popular as the others here, isn't it? Same goes for Yuuki Aoi. I'm aware she's a popular and award winning seiyuu in Japan, but here on MAL I usually see more people complaining about here voice acting than praising her.
Feb 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
Doubtful,but itll be nice to see some fucking variety in the top ten. Not half of them being gintama. Unfortunately it'll be rallied with a hoard of fake accounts and artificially lowered by butthurt individuals similar to what is/was happening to after story.

Or they could fuck up the second half or the ending which will really damage its score.
davinci12Feb 1, 2016 3:07 PM
Feb 1, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
I watched the first four episode and i couldnt resist so i read the manga. I got to That point some people hate, i adored it, chapters 35 is beautiful and i saw that coming
I bet there are some other people who feel the same way, i'm choosing to put my faith in mal users and i predict top 5
Also the adaptation is better than the manga for now
Feb 1, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Top 5 maybe...? It's got a strong chance of becoming my #1 anyway.
Feb 1, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2014
Just 0.01 more for top 10.
Feb 1, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
MINMAY- said:
I watched the first four episode and i couldnt resist so i read the manga. I got to That point some people hate, i adored it, chapters 35 is beautiful and i saw that coming
I bet there are some other people who feel the same way, i'm choosing to put my faith in mal users and i predict top 5

Yes, ch 35 was really well done, really good set up for what's to come, but unfortunately there are so many ppl out there raging over it because they are so hung on to the fact that everything should go in the favor of the MC, it's ridiculous.

That being said, I think this show can be as good as, if not better than some of the shows currently in the top 10, it really depends on how they finish out the story, personally I think this show will end up anywhere from 8.9-9.00, or maybe tiny bit higher than that. 9.2 is a reach, but top 10 is a possibility.
For those who are saying this is going to drop to mid to low 8's need to get over themselves because what happened in ch 35 has absolutely no effect on the story itself and you shouldn't let such small thing to ruin this show for you, as shows w/ this caliber only come around once or twice every year...
Feb 1, 2016 10:27 PM
Jul 2012
Unless they do something to make everyone downvote it soon this definitely has a great chance of becoming #2 atleast on MAL. #1 might be hard but it's possible.
Feb 1, 2016 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
Final manga volume to be released on March 4. The anime finishes on March 24.
Feb 2, 2016 5:13 PM

Jun 2014
Who knows, but you guys are living in a dream world if you think Fma B won't one day be passed by a new anime.
Feb 2, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
Mamster-P said:
im still trying to figure out why people are on this shows nuts

i mean, its not really that unique @___@

yes, i give it an 8/10 story wise, but people are acting as if this shit has never been done before. its kinda just a combination of different elements from this kind of anime

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't

i think it is very original also is alot better than steins;gate (that had a super slow start) so it deserve to be atleast at top 3 maybe top 1 is the end is amazing
Feb 2, 2016 7:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Siul-08 said:
Mamster-P said:

yes, i give it an 8/10 story wise, but people are acting as if this shit has never been done before. its kinda just a combination of different elements from this kind of anime

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't

i think it is very original also is alot better than steins;gate (that had a super slow start) so it deserve to be atleast at top 3 maybe top 1 is the end is amazing

well i guess the people who have read the manga would know
Feb 2, 2016 7:56 PM

Nov 2014
Mamster-P said:
Siul-08 said:

well i guess the people who have read the manga would know

they dont, the last volume comes out in march 4th but it depends how its adapted so we will have to wait till the last episode
Feb 2, 2016 8:46 PM

Oct 2014
Siul-08 said:
Mamster-P said:

So you are saying it deserves top 3 best anime of all times based on 4 episodes?
Feb 2, 2016 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
PantsuPillow said:
It will drop considerably after

I expect it to still end up within the top 50 , however it won't end up in the top 30 with the current way the manga is going.

Oh wow, I tried to avoid that stuff for years. Oh that is definately going to leave a bad impression.
Feb 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Nov 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Siul-08 said:

So you are saying it deserves top 3 best anime of all times based on 4 episodes?

im just saying that it have the potential we will have to wait
Feb 2, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2008
MINMAY- said:
I kind of half-spoiled myself somewhat on what happens and I don't really see what the big problem is.
Feb 2, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
HikaruKaneko said:
MINMAY- said:
I kind of half-spoiled myself somewhat on what happens and I don't really see what the big problem is.

It isn't, especially with how everything played out, it was only normal for 'that' to happen.
15 years is a long long time... what did people expect
Feb 3, 2016 1:14 AM

Apr 2013
Well, it joined the top 10 in only 4 weeks, now its slowly erasing gintama, what other anime non sequels joined the top 10 so fast too?
Feb 3, 2016 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
Highly unlikely ... I dont think it will go any further than HunterxHunter (2011) let alone FMA Brotherhood

Feb 3, 2016 2:06 AM

Dec 2012
There's always that small chance, but highly doubt it, top 10 for sure, depending on the ending.
Feb 3, 2016 3:59 AM

May 2015
It passed Gintama. I really didn't expect that..

Feb 3, 2016 5:07 AM

Jan 2015
1 day for 0.01 rating up

AkaneReFeb 3, 2016 5:19 AM
Sorry for my bad english
Sorry for my bad post
Sorry for my typo
Sorry for making you reading this
Feb 3, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2015
The bait is strong on this one. :o
Seriously though, it's not gonna happen since its rating will probably go down when that moment happens (because sometimes people can be dumb as fuck -_-').
It can still be around 20th~30th at the end.
KonoYumeFeb 3, 2016 5:34 AM
Feb 3, 2016 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
Congratulations !, Haven't watching this though, I hope it'll be that good.

Feb 3, 2016 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
Nagirah said:
Being in top 10 for a series that's only 4 episodes in is a bit extreme. While I do enjoy Boku Dake, the hype is starting to reach the point where I get annoyed when this anime is mentioned. I really hate hype.

I feel you. Whereas hype is god to MAL and frankly most of the anime community these days to me hype is the state of reacting to something based on emotion and community pressure rather than thinking it through and genuinely appreciating it on a deeper lasting level. It's largely something that benefits marketers in the long run, not so much fan communities. Aniplex is just beyond next level at working marketing hype in the anime community still as this series demonstrates yet again, I just don't buy into it myself and never will really.

I wouldn't say it makes me annoyed when a show is mentioned, but it definitely makes me want to put shows on hold at times and finish them later down the road so there's no chance my impressions and enjoyment might be influenced by excessive hyping, spoiling and just nonsense I might come across while watching it. That's why I took after it ended to finally watch Madoka Magica and feel like I could say what I would end up saying about it so that people wouldn't be flipping the fuck out anymore if I didn't parrot exactly the right comments that were coursing through the community at it's most hyped through the roof. Likewise did the same with Fate Unlimited Blade Works (again unsurprisingly yet another Aniplex show where the exaggerated hype actually ruins the atmosphere to watch it in which is not one of reverence or idolatry for me but interest) second half but at this rate I doubt I ever get around to that as I've kind of just lost all that interest and taste in that franchise and universe now and kind of already know how it ends anyway already.

Just nice to see someone else that feels that hyping brings little to the table for them really and instead takes far more away from an experience. Maybe this helps explain it a little better
PeacingOutFeb 3, 2016 8:44 AM
Feb 3, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2015
Who cares, MAL top anime list sucks anyway.
Feb 3, 2016 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Nagirah said:
Being in top 10 for a series that's only 4 episodes in is a bit extreme. While I do enjoy Boku Dake, the hype is starting to reach the point where I get annoyed when this anime is mentioned. I really hate hype.

I feel you. Whereas hype is god to MAL and frankly most of the anime community these days to me hype is the state of reacting to something based on emotion and community pressure rather than thinking it through and genuinely appreciating it on a deeper lasting level. It's largely something that benefits marketers in the long run, not so much fan communities. Aniplex is just beyond next level at working marketing hype in the anime community still as this series demonstrates yet again, I just don't buy into it myself and never will really.

I wouldn't say it makes me annoyed when a show is mentioned, but it definitely makes me want to put shows on hold at times and finish them later down the road so there's no chance my impressions and enjoyment might be influenced by excessive hyping, spoiling and just nonsense I might come across while watching it. That's why I took after it ended to finally watch Madoka Magica and feel like I could say what I would end up saying about it so that people wouldn't be flipping the fuck out anymore if I didn't parrot exactly the right comments that were coursing through the community at it's most hyped through the roof. Likewise did the same with Fate Unlimited Blade Works (again unsurprisingly yet another Aniplex show where the exaggerated hype actually ruins the atmosphere to watch it in which is not one of reverence or idolatry for me but interest) second half but at this rate I doubt I ever get around to that as I've kind of just lost all that interest and taste in that franchise and universe now and kind of already know how it ends anyway already.

Just nice to see someone else that feels that hyping brings little to the table for them really and instead takes far more away from an experience. Maybe this helps explain it a little better

Wow someone actually cares that much about rating to that point? Don't worry mate, the rating will go down believe me. :D
inb4 the thread gets locked.
Feb 3, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
Siul-08 said:

implying that MAL's top10 = top10 anime of all time, lol.
Feb 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Siul-08 said:

Of course, besides Boku Machi is 10 times better than those mediocre shows you have as favorites. Planetes, please. What the heck.
Feb 3, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
m still trying to figure out why people are on this shows nuts

but i guess when you've seen as many anime titles as i have its hard to be impressed, and i know most of this site hasn't[/quote]

i think it is very original also is alot better than steins;gate (that had a super slow start) so it deserve to be atleast at top 3 maybe top 1 is the end is amazing[/quote]
So you are saying it deserves top 3 best anime of all times based on 4 episodes?[/quote]Of course, besides Boku Machi is 10 times better than those mediocre shows you have as favorites. Planetes, please. What the heck.[/quote]
i agree
planetes is a mediocre piece of garbage and erased is the most deep and mature anime of all times
i should probably just have erased as favorite because no other anime is nowhere near that quality
gabrielrroizFeb 3, 2016 2:33 PM
Feb 3, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
I really liked the anime (I've never read the manga) but I have to agree that it's kinda exaggerated to be where it is now :/

A lot of people are saying that the finale is bad so probably it will drop on the top, so.. Let's wait
Feb 3, 2016 3:23 PM

Dec 2015
Rain23 said:
I really liked the anime (I've never read the manga) but I have to agree that it's kinda exaggerated to be where it is now :/

A lot of people are saying that the finale is bad so probably it will drop on the top, so.. Let's wait

Its not bad at all. there is a part that people will be angry about, but it has nothing to do with the story, but moreso the viewers issues.

Feb 3, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
A show can be in the top 10 with only 4 episodes aired?

Never change, MAL.
Feb 3, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2014
LK09 said:
A show can be in the top 10 with only 4 episodes aired?
Never change, MAL.
It is quiet easy.
1. Be good.
2. No haters.

Feb 3, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
For now it's the most promising show i've seen in a couple of years, and definitely refreshing compared to the trashy shows the anime industry is producing lately. Not very original and the "back in time" element is cliché as hell, but the characters and the pace have been fantastic for now.

Can't wait for more.

p.d: it's ridiculous people is rating an anime after having only watched 4 episodes
SilmendilFeb 3, 2016 8:13 PM
Feb 3, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2015
What? It's already in the Top10?!?

I've read the manga and it's really just a simplistic story, the mystery is simple too, but the strength is in the execution and how the story wraps everything up quite neatly and satisfyingly, but not perfectly so. Nonetheless, meaningfully.

I rate it 8.
(One reason is I still find the time travel component not explained enough and a bit too convenient, I guess~ but i guess that's because of the former reason. 8 because it's a meaningful story greatly executed, but not very groundbreaking. It's beautiful in itself, but when I take it outside into the world of anime, when i have to compare and rank, there are more animes that deserve higher recognition because of their uniqueness and their being like an epitome for their genres.

I recognize its strength, but I still am for FMAB staying in the no.1 position.
蒼穹を舞う。
Feb 4, 2016 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
davinci12 said:
Doubtful,but itll be nice to see some fucking variety in the top ten. Not half of them being gintama. Unfortunately it'll be rallied with a hoard of fake accounts and artificially lowered by butthurt individuals similar to what is/was happening to after story.

Or they could fuck up the second half or the ending which will really damage its score.

I SO agree with your post.

~After Story was lowered by fakes? Really?
Feb 4, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2008
So far i read manga till 43 chapter (that is to the current one in Japan) and i have to say it will be hard to close everything in 12 eps, if they do it without losing quality on it then I agree it deserve a place in top5 at least.

Feb 4, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
LOL, this anime just passed through OPM XD
OPM : 8.99
Erased : 9.04
Feb 4, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
This show's amazing man.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Feb 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
Siul-08 said:

That 4 episodes already beats in every aspect anime on 1st position :p so yes, especially that most (but not all, there are exceptions of course) anime in top 50 are not worth watching imo.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 4, 2016 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
gabrielrroiz said:

That 4 episodes already beats in every aspect anime on 1st position :p so yes, especially that most (but not all, there are exceptions of course) anime in top 50 are not worth watching imo.

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is better than erased in every way and there is no way in hell the remaining episodes will change that
Feb 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
rsc-pl said:

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is better than erased in every way and there is no way in hell the remaining episodes will change that

I don't know what (you think) was better, I was bored as hell for first 50 eps, annoyed as hell by stupid characters and pathetic humour, just typical battle shounen with nice drawn backgrounds and well done animation.
I wouldn't put it in my top 100 list for sure, but it's your opinion, I'm just curious what do you think was better, because as I said, I can't see anything besides backgrounds.
rsc-plFeb 4, 2016 11:31 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 4, 2016 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I don't know what was better, I was bored as hell for first 50 eps, annoyed as hell by stupid characters and pathetic humour, just typical battle shounen with nice drawn backgrounds and well done animation.
I wouldn't put it in my top 100 list for sure, but it's your opinion, I'm just curious what do you think was better, because as I said, I can't see anything besides backgrounds.

fulltetal alchemist has great worldbuiulding and one of the most endearing settings in anime erased is just the same school setting we are all tired of seeing
fmab tackles lots of mature themes in way better ways than erased in the series you had themes such as racism genocide the dificulties of acepting the death a beloved person from the conflict between cience and religion the social commentary was amazing
the alchemy is one the best power sistemsa ever despite being simple it makes asspuls impossible to happen and the fights relie on estrategy not in stupid shonen ligic like in other shonens
and of course we had an amzing cast of characters bradley was an amazing villain and most of the main charascters like mustang and edward are greatly fleshed out and developed
gabrielrroizFeb 4, 2016 2:23 PM
Feb 4, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2015
The rating will soon fall as quick as it went up. Speaking from someone who read the manga, the direction seems to make it look slightly different as to what it was intended.
Feb 4, 2016 4:49 PM

Oct 2010
firstly, i don't think it will, i don't see this anime rounding up well, some people may still enjoy it, but i don't think the story telling is going to get better (much the opposite)

however it is slightly different in plot, but it's not far from a lot of cliches so still very relatable to a wide audience, and also does seem to be quite emotional (two of the biggest factors i think it takes for a single cour anime to have major mainstream sucess) so i think it does have a very big chance of getting very close, atm i think it lies on the ending.
Feb 4, 2016 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
rsc-pl said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I don't know what was better, I was bored as hell for first 50 eps, annoyed as hell by stupid characters and pathetic humour, just typical battle shounen with nice drawn backgrounds and well done animation.

yea i agree fullmetal alchemist brotherhood could have better story but its boring at most parts, also didnt like the end, i think that erased can get in #1 if the ending awesome we will have to wait ^^
Feb 4, 2016 6:19 PM

Dec 2010
Top anything on MAL is a meaningless value. The only thing it means is that enough people (and dummy accounts) have joined the bandwagon for that show.

It is certainly not a reliable indicator of quality or artistry.

Just watch what you personally like and skip those you don't.
Feb 4, 2016 8:24 PM

Mar 2014
what was opm at during peak?
Feb 4, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
Sekaiou said:
what was opm at during peak?

It was ninth and had a score of 9.08
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

832 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.