Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh a new OP song. I kinda like it.

Ha, Aina is so conscious about what happened before between her and Mika, it's priceless.
Pretty lighthearted episode again until the second half. I was not entirely expecting a raid and Orga's guys to run into armed troops on their journey. The gunfight was kinda expected imo as some groups can be quite rebellious. Quite thrilling :o

Jan 10, 2016 2:53 AM

Mar 2014
the tattered barbatos in the opening ummmmm.......
Jan 10, 2016 3:09 AM
Oct 2013
So the plan was to mkae kudelia "die for the revoultion" and all the workers would start their rebellion after her death. I assume...
Mind blown lol. Cant wait to see how this is going to turn out.

first opening was better.
Jan 10, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2009
New OP, and it provided some interesting footage, although I still like Raise Your Flag better. New ED is nice as well, although maybe not as impactful as Orphans no Namida as far as the music is concerned, but better video footage there as well.

baoxiang008 said:
the tattered barbatos in the opening ummmmm.......

That worries me too. I sincerely hope it doesn't mean Mika is destined to die.

I'm loving all Fumitan's inner struggle. Unfortunately, it only reinforces her chances to meet her death protecting Kudelia there (becoming another trigger for Kudelia's development)

Kudelia and her aftermath reactions to the kiss were a riot, as expected! Cute and so completely innocent, making even Fumitan laugh. In the end, she couldn't bring herself to even utter the word "kiss" to Mika and ask him wth did he mean by kissing herXD Kudelia having a lot to say about personal hygiene and causing the guys to sniff themselves was golden too, I gotta say.

Mika, on the other hand, is chill as ever, but he possesses highly developed sense of danger and good observation skills while remaining relatively inconspicuous about observing people in the first place, and he's the only one who's immediately picked up on Fumitan's reactions being out of character.

I remember reading somewhere (possibly in the previous ep thread?) a commenter saying that if the hero ends up with the princess as planned, then Atra is likely to end up with Biscuit, and I think we're starting to see the show taking that route.

On the serious stuff, the development with the cargo turning out what it is took me by surprise. Tekkadan ended up in a very hairy situation where it really is hard to say what they should even do... I'm hoping Naze and the Turbines will help them out, this is exactly the time where their help is necessary. Buscuit's brother (although the cliche with the crew's brothers suddenly appearing out of nowhere is getting a little too old, if I'm honest) will play a role, too, obviously, and will probably die, not unlike Masahiro (to stimulate Biscuit's character development and maybe the Atra/Biscuit route).

The masked man appeared, and he awfully looks like McGuillis in a wig...

And damn, all the wait between episodes is killing me!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 10, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
RIP raise your flag.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 10, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
○2015年秋期放送開始TVアニメ1巻ランキング
24,952 終物語
14,399 ご注文はうさぎですか??
10,428 ガンダム鉄血のオルフェンズ
10,115 ワンパンマン
*9,281 スタミュ
*7,255 蒼穹のファフナー EXODUS (第2期)
*4,177 ゆるゆり さん☆ハイ!
*3,898 新妹魔王の契約者 BURST
*3,831 K RETURN OF KINGS
*2,756 落第騎士の英雄譚
*2,381 VALKYRIE DRIVE -MERMAID-
*2,157 Dance with Devils
*1,706 学戦都市アスタリスク
*1,543 終わりのセラフ 名古屋決戦編
*1,332 影鰐-KAGEWANI-
*1,155 ハッカドール THE あにめ~しょん
*1,142 緋弾のアリアAA
**,966 ヘヴィーオブジェクト
**,*** ランス・アンド・マスクス
**,*** 不思議なソメラちゃん
**,*** ルパン三世 PART IV
**,*** ヤングブラック・ジャック
**,*** 対魔導学園35試験小隊
**,*** 櫻子さんの足下には死体が埋まっている

number 3
Jan 10, 2016 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Orphans no Namida
Jan 10, 2016 3:45 AM

Oct 2014
Going to miss the OP and ED but these aren't bad at all. The second half of the episode was something else though, wasn't really expecting that although I did expect Fumitan's betrayal
Jan 10, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2010
Char Aznable's incarnation in this universe.

The MikaxKudelia OrgaxOld Lady ships are sailing.
Jan 10, 2016 3:53 AM
Oct 2013
For a while in the episode I had strong feelings that Fumitan, biscuit and Atra are going to die soon. I don't know why, just felt really uneasy about the whole thing.

Good episode once again. First OP was better, but this one is still pretty good. I like the 2nd ED visuals better, but I prefer the 1 ED song. Once again the current song isn't bad either.
Jan 10, 2016 3:54 AM
Aug 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh a new OP song. I kinda like it.

Ha, Aina is so conscious about what happened before between her and Mika, it's priceless.
Pretty lighthearted episode again until the second half. I was not entirely expecting a raid and Orga's guys to run into armed troops on their journey. The gunfight was kinda expected imo as some groups can be quite rebellious. Quite thrilling :o

Come on, they were obviously set up, didn't you get the hint before? Along with Fumitan's suspicious activities?
It's cool that Mika sniffed it out.
Jan 10, 2016 4:34 AM

Jan 2008
"Savarin"

I'll miss Raise Your Flag op and the James Bond-ish ed, but I have no choice but to get over it.

Nice setup w/ this episode but it makes me wish they got to the Kudelia stuff a lot sooner in the show. Now we're going to have 12 episodes of political agenda setup, the rebellion, and then possible reactionary circumstances surrounding the rebellion. If the show would have spent a bit more time clarifying the political agendas in the first half, then the 2nd half would have more room to breathe and progress more naturally, imo.
Jan 10, 2016 4:36 AM
Dec 2015
Well, good episode!

RIP Raise your Flag/Orphans no Namida. The new op's and ed's isn't bad at all, but I prefer the first songs.

The reactions by Kudelia after the kiss are so precious! hahahah She makes me laugh so loud! I think Mika will end up with her, but I'm worried about the new opening when we saw the Barbatos' wreck and Kudelia. I hope Mika will not die.

And it seems that Kudelia is on the centre of the show.

And about this part, I think it's similar to this image:

Back to IBO and serious stuff, I'm anxious to see how Tekkadan will fight on colony (better out of colony) against Gaelio and Erin.
Jan 10, 2016 4:38 AM

Feb 2015
Not a fan of the new OP but I'm sure it will grow on me

Fumitan big reveal was not a shocker, I mean didn't everyone pick that up right off the bat? Are people really shocked about her and her actions?

Now the shipping wars betweem Atra and Biscuit. I highly doubt this will go anywhere, unless Biscuit plays hero and Atra learns about the kiss and is hurt by it. I mean Atra is so into Mikazuki it will take alot to change that ship (Hell she is even okay with having a harem with him so doesn't that seal the deal on that ship)

As for Kudelia, I mean she was very cute this episode but she still hasn't grown on me, I can't really stand her.

Also look's like next EP stuff goes down so cannot wait for that.

Also Mikazuki is totally badass and is going to be one of my fav characters if he keeps up
Jan 10, 2016 4:39 AM

Jun 2014
I have missed Gundam this last week. I liked Raise your Flag more, but this is good too, but the ED for me is better than Orphans no Namida. This episode was really intense, Fumitan still has some reservations about letting Kudelia die, I would like to know who that guy with the mask is in the OP. Biscuit's brother is kind of suspicious. It would be very funny to see Kudelia asking Mika how he feels :D. I hope Orga and the others manage to escape.
Jan 10, 2016 4:48 AM
Dec 2015
Valkata said:
I would like to know who that guy with the mask is in the OP.

I think is McGuillis, our Chocolate Aznable :O
Jan 10, 2016 4:48 AM
Apr 2013
I don't know why no one is mentioning this, but the episode is only 9 minutes long!?
Jan 10, 2016 4:54 AM

Jan 2008
Wait, are people really confused as to who the man in the mask is?? It's McGuillis. He literally did the voice over the preview and mentions wearing the mask.

The real question is, who is this supposed to be?

Aluja said:
I don't know why no one is mentioning this, but the episode is only 9 minutes long!?
It's not? It was a full 24 minutes.
trinitytigerJan 10, 2016 4:59 AM
Jan 10, 2016 4:54 AM
Sep 2014
Aldnoah zero director worked on the new OP

I feel a crossover coming in the future :3 lol jk
Jan 10, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2015
ITT: "I already knew about Fumitan 1 minute into episode 1 how come everyone didn't pick that up lolol"
Jan 10, 2016 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
Not really the best episode but quite a bit of development happened.
However, I'm REALLY confused as to who the guy in the preview is. If he's the chocolate man then why the wig and mask? :/
Jan 10, 2016 4:58 AM

Nov 2007
The opening is pretty catchy but not as epic as the first one.

I am sure Fumitan will make the correct decision. Until then, I don't think I will hate her.

So The Masked Man will make his appearance and IT IS MACKY! There is no doubt about that Sakurai Takahiro voice in the preview, plus those eyes behind the mask. The best bit is Chocolate Aznable is supposed to be in a vacation so it's gonna be epic as he is also plotting the toppling of the current Galljarhorn.

Gundam IBO just got better.

No Orphans no Namida ED makes me kind of sad though.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 10, 2016 5:05 AM
Apr 2013
trinitytiger said:
Wait, are people really confused as to who the man in the mask is?? It's McGuillis. He literally did the voice over the preview and mentions wearing the mask.

The real question is, who is this supposed to be?

Aluja said:
It's not? It was a full 24 minutes.

Yeah, I'm seeing it now, the next episode(?) is 9 minutes long excluding OP&ED. I don't know why it's released though.
Jan 10, 2016 5:05 AM
Dec 2015
I'm sure that masked is McGuillis. On the preview for the episode 15, he talks like if he changed your personality or something about this. He also talks about a ''new toy'' (maybe is the mask or the mobile suit).
Jan 10, 2016 5:10 AM
May 2012
Did I miss something? When did they get the cargo? And by when I mean, at what episode did they get it...
Jan 10, 2016 5:14 AM
Dec 2015
Gokuatruehero said:
Did I miss something? When did they get the cargo? And by when I mean, at what episode did they get it...

I think they get on EP 09 or 10.
Jan 10, 2016 5:33 AM
May 2012
Celinha87 said:
Gokuatruehero said:

I think they get on EP 09 or 10.

So it's from Saisei, set up by Fumitan? Thanks!
GokuatrueheroJan 16, 2016 2:56 AM
Jan 10, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2010
So we finally have our Masked guy incoming. I wonder who exactly he is and what role he'll play.

Actually loved the OP quite a lot. There's gonna be a new chick with Gjallarhorn? Interesting design she has.

The way things were going this ep. Everything was going down to shit. Fumitan's orders, the shit that was going on with Orga and co, then the Biscuit brother stuff which will definitely cause problems soon. Seems like Fumitan won't be able to resist her love for Kudelia tho :D
Jan 10, 2016 5:56 AM

May 2009
So Kudelia is the Mockingjay. Finally things are getting interesting. Great start for 2016. Barbatos will probably end up the same way as Exia in the end.

And like the rest, I prefer the first OP and ED. I miss those already.
Jan 10, 2016 6:01 AM

Mar 2014
Before watching this episode I checked the anime's page here in MAL and thought that it doesn't have a 2nd opening and ending or just not updated, glad it was the latter. While watching the new ending I knew the voice sounded familiar and indeed it was, I love TRUE/Miho Karasawa's songs.
Jan 10, 2016 6:03 AM
Nov 2015
This episode in a nutshell...

Jan 10, 2016 6:17 AM
Dec 2015
Arvsmageddon said:
Barbatos will probably end up the same way as Exia in the end.

I just don't want Mika dying at end. But probably we'll have a Season 02.
Jan 10, 2016 6:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fumitan might die by protecting Kudelia
Biscuit's brother could die, too.
Jan 10, 2016 6:57 AM

Oct 2014
No one mentioned the BiscuitXAtra pairing yet?
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Jan 10, 2016 7:10 AM

May 2009
Celinha87 said:
Arvsmageddon said:
Barbatos will probably end up the same way as Exia in the end.

What are the chances of a Gundam MC dying in battle/war?

Only ones on top of my head are:
Jan 10, 2016 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
THE CHAR HAS ARRIVED!

New op and ed. Not bad but can't beat the previous iterations.

THAT NEW MOBILE SUIT THOUGH. LOOKS SMEXY AF. #Hype
Jan 10, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect a workers rebellion to happen this soon. I also didn't expect the cargo to be spiffy looking combat ready mobile workers either.

Jan 10, 2016 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
bagazkarap said:
No one mentioned the BiscuitXAtra pairing yet?

A few of us have and I have doubt's it will bloom into anything

Atra harem shall go into affect lol
Jan 10, 2016 8:06 AM
Dec 2015
I remember a commenter talking about Atra x Biscuit. He compared the Fraw Bow x Amuro Ray x Hayato Kobayashi ''triangle'' with Atra x Mikazuki x Biscuit.

It seems Atra is on the route of Biscuit. What is a shame for me, because I wanted a harem with Atra x Mika x Kudelia.
Jan 10, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
New OP and ED. The plot thicken. Fumita is a spy.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 10, 2016 8:11 AM
Dec 2015
Arvsmageddon said:
Celinha87 said:

What are the chances of a Gundam MC dying in battle/war?

Only ones on top of my head are:

I think the chances of a Gundam MC's death, actually, are 20%. :P

But I espect that Mika ''get married'' with Kudelia at the end of series. But hope a Season 02, where they return as a totally badass couple.
Jan 10, 2016 8:58 AM
Dec 2014
WOW I loved rise you flag But after hearing this opening Fuck that opening 1 ( this one is very hard core and I love it ) TBH my fave characters are Mika Biscuit and Orga XD and this episode just reconfirmed why I love this Trio
Jan 10, 2016 9:00 AM
Dec 2014
Celinha87 said:
I remember a commenter talking about Atra x Biscuit. He compared the Fraw Bow x Amuro Ray x Hayato Kobayashi ''triangle'' with Atra x Mikazuki x Biscuit.

It seems Atra is on the route of Biscuit. What is a shame for me, because I wanted a harem with Atra x Mika x Kudelia.
ah who cares let the fat guy have his day ( beside it not a harem anime anyway)
Jan 10, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
I really like the new OP...
Even if the majority likes the first OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L1nRYc3tC4
Jan 10, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2010
I also like the new opening.

Death flags for Fumi-tan she will get shot in place of Kudelia.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 10, 2016 9:50 AM
Jan 2013
Another brother working for enemy?I think
Poor Fumitan, torn between 2 duties
Thanks preview, for showing Mikazuki sniffing Atra's shoes -_-

The opening is catchy enough, and the ed is cute enough is my taste normal btw?
dex_dashJan 13, 2016 8:42 AM
Jan 10, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
I prefer the first OP and ED but the new ones aren't so bad. They'll probably grow on me. I'm loving the visuals though!

Even though Fumitan is a spy, I actually like her. She's not so bad. Reading her tablet, Kudelia was supposed to be assassinated by a Gjallarhorn assassin, which, in turn, will cause a rebellion within the colony. After reading Savarin's tablet, I'm wondering if Fumitan had something to do with the shipment they delivered.

Kudelia thinks too much. All she did, in this episode, was blush about the kiss and talked about shopping and hygiene ._. wrf- For someone who is thought highly of, especially by those workers, I can't seem to understand why that's so. Maybe, eventually I will, but for now I have yet to be amazed by her.

Next ep preview done by Chocolate Man. That's Sakupyon's voice, alright xD The wig and mask though. Mika be sniffing Atra's boot and looking pissed. Poor Biscuit. What a shetty reunion to have with his brother .-.
Jan 10, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
The new op is good ,but I still prefer "Raise your flag".More hybe and more "Gundamish"!
Jan 10, 2016 10:20 AM
Dec 2015
lord23 said:
Celinha87 said:

ah who cares let the fat guy have his day ( beside it not a harem anime anyway)

HAHAHAH I agree with you. We will leave Biscuit be happy too :P

It's not a harem anime, but everyone thought Mika would follow the teachings of Naze on serious stuff (like a captain or something similar) and love stuff (with a harem).
Jan 10, 2016 10:32 AM
Dec 2015
minnydesu said:

Even though Fumitan is a spy, I actually like her. She's not so bad. Reading her tablet, Kudelia was supposed to be assassinated by a Gjallarhorn assassin, which, in turn, will cause a rebellion within the colony. After reading Savarin's tablet, I'm wondering if Fumitan had something to do with the shipment they delivered.

I think Fumitan won't die. I believe she will apologize to Kudelia and the others.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.