Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 8, 2016 6:54 AM
Mar 2010
Uhh....OK? I am very confused. The pacing was weird and Koharu seems to be on the borderline of generic otome heroine. Again, I'm really confused but as I've said at least 50 times by now, I am starved for otome anime so I'll watch it no matter how bad it gets...except DiaLovers though.

bekeru said:

Otomate always makes terrible adaptations of their games so I don't even know why I'm surprised.

QFT.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 8, 2016 11:11 AM

May 2009
I really don't like the MC. She reminds me of the MC of Amnesia.

However I fell in love with Kakeru at first sight, lol. His personality is great and his special power is just so awesome. Perfect guy *_*

The story seems interesting as well.. with the ship thingy and adventure thingy. Reverse harem added...

*nodnod*
I might actually like this anime
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 8, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
I really loved it, a very good way to start the new series.

It was nice not seeing another annoying weak MC.

I fell in love with Kakeru ^////^

I'm so curious of what all their abilities are especially Koharu. :o

I'm thinking that a ship or something attacked them at the end.

The story,characters,animation, and soundtrack sounded awesome so I have high hopes for this series.
Jan 8, 2016 3:26 PM

Nov 2011
The plot seems far too convoluted that it gives itself far too much to do, the setting does have potential but feels like it'll take ages to realize it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 8, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
The characters seemed rather dull to me, especially the female protagonist. And people say that Sakurai Nana from Prince of Stride has no personality... Koharu reminds me so much of Heroine from Amnesia and other typical meek girls. The ending had an interesting cliffhanger, I guess. I might check one more episode, I guess.
Jan 8, 2016 3:54 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty characters and scenery. Let´s see how the story goes.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jan 8, 2016 4:05 PM

Oct 2014
Why does EVERY scene needs a boring emotional piano...
Pretty predictable. This will be this season's Taimadou Gakuen for girls.
Jan 8, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2014
This was entertaining.

But wow, the 3 females were very forgettable.

-ooo333
Jan 8, 2016 5:42 PM

Jun 2009
The first episode was slow and boring. I mean, I get it, to set up everything, show the characters and all that, but still...
I hope Koharu gets more 'character' later. Or at least two other girls are more interesting and likable. Not to mention the guys.
Anyway, as for the episode, not the worst, not the best either.
Graphics are okay.
But the music, yes, the music was nice. I really liked that piece when they were in water.
I like pancakes.
Jan 8, 2016 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
The animation wasn't bad, but first episode definitely felt like it was slow. Hopefully the pace picks up in the next few episodes.
No game no 2nd season.
Jan 8, 2016 10:28 PM

May 2013
I'm having Karneval feels in this show haha. Hmm doesn't really peak my interest but I hope it gets better later on.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 8, 2016 11:44 PM
May 2014
Meh it’s better than some other visual novels least the main character has a past. Ill probably watch it for the pretty art, cool ship design, and cheesy romantic guy. I don’t think theres a lot of plot here, nothing was really driving the plot; different events kinda just happened for no reason.
Jan 8, 2016 11:46 PM
May 2014
MiniJusta said:
The first episode was slow and boring. I mean, I get it, to set up everything, show the characters and all that, but still...
I hope Koharu gets more 'character' later. Or at least two other girls are more interesting and likable. Not to mention the guys.
Anyway, as for the episode, not the worst, not the best either.
Graphics are okay.
But the music, yes, the music was nice. I really liked that piece when they were in water.

I doubt she will get a ton of character since it’s from a visual novel
Jan 9, 2016 2:07 AM

Feb 2014
who the f peels a peach?
Jan 9, 2016 2:13 AM

May 2014
This was a really good start
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 9, 2016 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
The graphics design are excellent! And the characters are great too! The most impression that I've got is how huge the ship is... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 9, 2016 5:16 AM

May 2015
[This is my first time writing on reply on a forum so I'm sorry if there are mistakes here and there]

Been looking forward to this anime and all I can say that the first episode is pretty well done for anime that was adapted from an otome game. Not too much bishies x koharu so far but I think the pairings can be determined from the opening I guess? Hopefully the characters will be more developed in future episodes.
OP was awesome. The art and animations remind of older animes. Not too "new/advanced". The colour settings are not too harsh on the eyes as well...
Jan 9, 2016 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
That was... okay. I mean, the issues can't be ignored. The pacing was lightning fast, the main character isn't the least bit interesting and, to top it all off, the turn-off of an ending explosion. Wow, um... okay. That's pretty convenient.

Other than that, the ever angelic songstress Yanagi Nagi graces us with probably the best opening in the season. The BGM is pretty soothing. The visuals are stunning. And the design is superb.

This has the potential to do great things but until then, we're stuck with this very average first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, I- I couldn't finish this.

The characters were all SO annoyingly typical.

Jan 9, 2016 10:15 AM
May 2014
Crez said:
Seriously! No one more than me who is really curious about the (for some very strange reason) Swedish song at the end??? I really wanna know who sang it, it's beautiful!

Några andra Svenskar här som blev lika fundersamma som jag eller??

Pretty funny when you ignore the dialogue and just concentrate all of your hearing on the song to confirm "Is it REALLY Swedish I'm hearing?!" XD

Jag blev!!lol

Couldn't concentrate at all because of that XD
Jan 9, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Axernea said:
who the f peels a peach?

Those who peel apples I guess :P
Jan 9, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
Nagi Yanagi's voice is always so soothing and beautiful.
The geometric magical stuff was cool

Jan 9, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
Damn I'm sick of this type of Otome heroines, can't they for a change add one more forward or outgoing, I know this is from a game but it's always the same shy girl that rarely speaks and does anything. The abilities seem interisting, didn't drop this, cause know I'm pretty curious about the MC power and the accident at the end, the producers as always are fearsome, always know how to hook someone.
Jan 9, 2016 12:30 PM
Jan 2009
*yawn*

that sums it up for me... might see if the next episodes get better, but the heroine? felt annoying. and the characters all seemed pretty lame too.

if this was suppose to be an epilogue, it was a bad one. the dialogues were uninteresting and seemed forced...

the description so far seems to differ from what was shown...
I haven't played the game or whatever, so I got into watching this neutral, and so far it seems pretty disappointing.
Jan 9, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
Is it just me or the synopsis doesn't match with what I seen in the first episode so far...
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jan 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2008
Shimai_ni said:
Is it just me or the synopsis doesn't match with what I seen in the first episode so far...

Because they completely changed the introduction from the game, more than half of the episode was filler and butchered the two first MCs personalities.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 9, 2016 7:49 PM
Jun 2010
WOW, this world setting
Jan 9, 2016 8:43 PM

Jul 2014
bekeru said:

Because they completely changed the introduction from the game, more than half of the episode was filler and butchered the two first MCs personalities.

Just out of curiosity but what were their personalities originally like in the game?
In the Norn9 wiki it said that Mikoto's personality is calm and mature, so if that's true then I have to agree with Bekeru that she definitely didn't seem that way in this episode

Jan 9, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2012
Well....the characters, with this type of art is about what i expected. the setting, and magical abilities were not what i expected though. I didn't expect the main girl to sound so...timid?....I dint like her type of voice, at all honestly lol.

Fuyutaiyou said:
I finished the game like 5 times, and I have to say that this episode is ok for being the epilogue, the story gets better through time.
The animation is good, at least the characters look like they looked in the game, the soundtrack is epic in this one, there are some better songs but I think they are going to use them in other episodes.
I repeat: The story gets better through time.
Ah, and the opening fits with the kind of plot of this anime.

I think they're going to add sorata in the next episode.

P.S: I hope that Akito and Nanami appear more. I love that pairing

I wanna spoiler myself now with this question. will the really become enemies?
its only episode 1, and i dont know how much longer i will keep up with this, but i wouldn't want them to become enemies.
Jan 10, 2016 2:35 AM
Mar 2012
Amnesia + bishounens all seem generic. Only emo kid seems interesting: "everyone'll become enemies" grabbed my attention. With pink girl's family backstory, sounds like interesting plot. Treehugger might have a dark backstory too. Is it 19 characters in all?
Maybe unintentional, but so many funny things.
Tree hugger has tentacle vine ability.
Polygon is power
Amnesia girl falls, then grand music swells up. UFO comes. I laughed too much...
"can u talk to trees?" what?
"you're like a plant." ....wut?
oh climb a tree, lol long way down. She falls again.
Nagi OP is beautiful. All ships sail early. Haven't seen a multi-ship shoujo show in awhile.
OST is AMAZING, calm & grand.
Jan 10, 2016 6:23 AM
Jul 2013
Haven't seen much otome game anime, but at least I don't think this feels too fan-service-cy. It got me interested but I still don't know if I'll be following this show till the end.

The show looks lovely and the music in the show is amazing, and I'm not only talking about the ones with vocals. That Yanagi Nagi OP <3
Jan 10, 2016 10:37 AM

Mar 2008
It kinda looked like a 2nd or 3rd episode, expected more. It had Final Fantasy vibes just a litle bit, and I'm a fan of scifi/fantasy/future stuff, so I'll watch. I didn't like the protagonist girl, I just hope she won't be a Mary Sure

Animation kinda sucked. OP is pretty.
Jan 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Mar 2015
i know that things targetted towards woman usually has wierd premise and cheesy scanse, but this is just too much. other than that, nothing bad, but also nothing that pick my interest either. drop it for now. if they has good recive, probably wil watch it.

6/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 10, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2010
It have romance feels in the air. The anime grab me, I liked the concept, I liked the history, and I'm very curious for what's going to happen. I like it.
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Jan 10, 2016 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
well that was boring
Jan 10, 2016 5:57 PM

Sep 2007
I had to stop myself from cringing at some of the changes they made from the game...specific to this episode is the lack of Sorata and the fact it's already focused waaayy too much on Koharu x Kakeru (dang I didn't feel THIS annoyed at this pairing in-game, though it is one of the ones at the bottom of my list...).

Luckily I think I spied Sorata on the preview but Idk how in the heck they're gonna explain him now....

And didn't anyone else find it weird that Kakeru/Akito were "looking for" Koharu and knew instantly she was the one they were looking for?
Failed plot-hole (and btw, this event was different in the game so it didn't have the plot hole)

EDIT: btw....Idk why someone called this series the "epilogue" it's nothing of the sort...it's an alternate retelling of events from the game (hopefully not too crazy different from the game but who knows.....)

Yeyi said:
bekeru said:

Just out of curiosity but what were their personalities originally like in the game?
In the Norn9 wiki it said that Mikoto's personality is calm and mature, so if that's true then I have to agree with Bekeru that she definitely didn't seem that way in this episode
Actually Nanami & Mikoto's personalities were sort of accurate, except that you probably don't see this side of Mikoto (referring to the side the anime showed in ep1) until a tiny bit more into the game...

Peeeeersonally I don't think they actually butchered anybody's personalities that badly...yet
IkanoJan 10, 2016 6:09 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 10, 2016 9:43 PM
Feb 2008
This is my most hyped series of the season. And since I'm only watching for the Mikoto/Natsuhiko route (many people including myself consider the TRUE end) , which may or may not be adapted at all since it seems to be focusing on Koharu/Kakeru (which i don't care for), I'll be keeping expectations super low and hoping for the best :D

Lets see how and if they portray KakeRUDE
Jan 10, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2011
Crez said:
Seriously! No one more than me who is really curious about the (for some very strange reason) Swedish song at the end??? I really wanna know who sang it, it's beautiful!

Några andra Svenskar här som blev lika fundersamma som jag eller??

Pretty funny when you ignore the dialogue and just concentrate all of your hearing on the song to confirm "Is it REALLY Swedish I'm hearing?!" XD

another surprised (but a bit proud) Swede here, haha! I had the sensation before that some japanese singers sound very Swedish in anime, but this one was just "too" Swedish.

I have no idea why, but I really liked the song and want it so bad!
Jan 11, 2016 12:10 AM

Jun 2009
Not bad. Thank god she has a name tho, would be rly annoying if they just keep calling her without a name. And nice insert song at the end, hope they release a full version of it.

Jan 11, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
The OST, colors, animation were nice but the animation was really shoujo-esque. Prince of Stride was also based on an otome game but the character designs were more akin Free! Iwatobi Swim Club x Haikyuu.

I hate it when shoujo, a girl is helpless and has to be carried by some handsome guy. It's as annoying as an ordinary male character with no redeeming qualities in a harem getting gorgeous and hot babes fawning over him.

Story-wise it's pretty MEH. Typical shoujo fantasy-driven plot with weird ass powers and lots of various shapes and colors signifying powers and shit.

I hate reverse harem just as much as harems, they're both stupid IMO. The only reverse harems I've ever liked were Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Boku Inu SS (although I heard it's a shounen, srsly?), Hana Yori Dango (although it's more shoujo than reverse harem) and some others which probably aren't that good since I can't remember their titles right now or I'm just being stupid as usual.

I'll stick around for a while to see what happens, I'll decide whether or not to drop it later if there's too much stupidity like her worrying about eating that wet peach over the fact that she nearly died.
臭い-
Jan 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2015
Otome anime are my guilty pleasure.
And it was ok, and that is enough for me.

But it really isnt as enjoyable and entertaining as last season's Dance with devil
Jan 11, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2015
Snaita said:
Damn I'm sick of this type of Otome heroines, can't they for a change add one more forward or outgoing, I know this is from a game but it's always the same shy girl that rarely speaks and does anything. The abilities seem interisting, didn't drop this, cause know I'm pretty curious about the MC power and the accident at the end, the producers as always are fearsome, always know how to hook someone.

She talks more than the average otome girl. But she still really bland.
The MC in Otome anime/games is meant to be self-insert so they can't have too much of a personality. But still...doesn't make the mc any less boring.
Jan 11, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2014
Yeyi said:
bekeru said:

Just look at all of my comments in this thread... I rant about the the first couple's character differences in most of them, especially Kakeru's. Lol.

Mikoto is fine. Don't trust wiki descriptions. :P

Hmm. What I didn't mention was how important Koharu's ignorance is. She trusts everyone on the ship since she has been looking forward to boarding it her whole life, so her ignorance and trusting nature makes her an easy target for screwing with. She also takes notes a lot and has trouble speaking and understanding unusual speech patterns due to growing up isolated from society. You see a LITTLE of this in episode 1 but those traits are so muted she comes off as more as "generic otome mc" than her special cute self.
Jan 12, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
OP song is good. Koharu is cute!
Jan 12, 2016 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
I'm only checking this out because I want to hear Yanagi Nagi in her first seiyuu role, but the setting was actually quite interesting.
Jan 12, 2016 5:16 PM

Sep 2015
Sury said:
I'm only checking this out because I want to hear Yanagi Nagi in her first seiyuu role, but the setting was actually quite interesting.

I think it's her narrating just before the OP song...
Jan 12, 2016 9:18 PM

Apr 2014
Ioryogi-kun said:
Sury said:

I think it's her narrating just before the OP song...

Yeah, it was her. I really liked her voice in the game.
Jan 13, 2016 3:22 AM

Dec 2015
I don't feel any sort of connection to any of these characters, and I'm only slightly intrigued by the setting. The second episode better pull something fantastic out of its ass, otherwise I'm not sure whether I'd want to continue this or not.
Jan 13, 2016 10:50 AM
Oct 2012
So there are three satellites around the main ship, one of which is named Verdandi, so the other two are Urd and Skuld I am guessing, so the 3 Norns are there. Would have like to have seen whether they landed on the main ship or Verdandi, but I guess that will be resolved later. A potential plot line is that the 3 satellites are at war with each other.

11 people in total, so what is the importance of 9? I guess that likely will be revealed later. Koharu can be read as "Indian summer", the last bit of warmth before winter comes, since that was the name she was given after her power was revealed, it could tie into fire, or perhaps into the last bit of fate before the strings are cut (Urd's power). Anyway, decent first episode, lead female MC a little to bland for me. But the potential is there for her.
Jan 13, 2016 3:26 PM
Jan 2016
I absolutely loved the first episode but I'm trying to find that ending song. Does anyone know what song was at the end? The whole song is very soft and in the end of the song it sings ahh ahhhah. Please tell me if you know what song it is.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM

» I want to watch this but!

CrimsonMidnight - May 8, 2017

3 by Lixaxy »»
Nov 13, 2017 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.