Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2009 3:19 PM
Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I was reading the summaries of it on other sites as well as this, and I assumed that the brother Yuan or Ewan (whichever it is, or they probably are the same thing) would be around for most of the series. lol

I like the art and I can't wait to read more of this.
LunaMay 9, 2013 7:24 AM
Dec 28, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
i though the story might be him going after the killer, but he kills him in one chapter, and so he decides to enter the police force, and... fight supernatural foes?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 29, 2009 1:21 AM

Aug 2007
The plot is developing rather fast. I agree with kage-bunshin on that point. I wonder what his main goal will be now that his life long revenge ended in one chapter...But I've enjoyed Darren Shan, and I like his art. I'll look forward to the next chapter, hopefully it will improve.
"Religion is the best practical joke ever made. We're a couple thousand years further and still nobody gets the clue." - Rage

Man 1: RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
Man 2: It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.
Man 1: STILL! WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT IS GODZILLA!
Man 2: Though it isn't.
Dec 29, 2009 4:48 AM

Oct 2007
kage-bunshin said:
i though the story might be him going after the killer, but he kills him in one chapter, and so he decides to enter the police force, and... fight supernatural foes?

I think it was wierd as well... You can read chapter one as a oneshot and be happy with the outcome.
Dec 29, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2009
Friendlysoul said:
kage-bunshin said:

I think it was wierd as well... You can read chapter one as a oneshot and be happy with the outcome.

I can agree with that on a certain level but at the same time the end of the chapter made me want more I mean he's got some kind of power. If any thing I really don't want this to turn out like D.Gray-Man, I mean I love D.Gray-man but I don't wanna read the same outline by another author, it will get boring so I'm hoping for a unique story very different twists compared to current popular manga
Dec 29, 2009 11:33 AM

Apr 2009
Huh? I start liking him and he dies? -.- I thought he was going to stay for a bit longer, having judged by the summary.

And who else got a very strong FMA vibe when Arago woke up with his brother's arm in place of his own? xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 29, 2009 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
Friendlysoul said:
kage-bunshin said:

was kinda hopping it was a one shot. Anyways the only possible way this will turn out is it develops around how he uses his new "power"...
Dec 30, 2009 1:39 AM

May 2008
You know, I thought it was a one-shot type at first as well....

Well, looking at the bright side, now we'll get to know what that "power" is....hopefully.
Jan 7, 2010 10:10 AM

Nov 2008
Well, both of them could still come back. We don't know much about the setting yet.
Jan 8, 2010 9:49 AM
Aug 2007
At first I thought it is a nice one-shot or pilot... and then it turns out to be another supernatural good vs. evil story. Anyways I will read the next chapter.

Mammoth said:
Well, both of them could still come back. We don't know much about the setting yet.
But it would be cliche if Yuan come back.
Jan 10, 2010 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
From what I know of shounen, that pretty much confirms it.
Probably coming back as an evil ghost or something.
Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure at least the patchman's coming back in some way. It just feels too important to be a self-contained pilot. Well, kudos to the author if they're really going for a manga that starts with the villain's death, then deals with the aftermath. I've seen stories with plans triggered by death, but a whole manga about that would be pretty interesting.
Jan 16, 2010 11:11 PM

May 2008
Personally I didn't really like it.
The story went by super quick and there really was no explanation for ANYTHING. It was like somebody got a whole bunch of really cool ideas (jack the ripper murderer, scar on a arm, super genius brother, etc.) and squished it all together into one story and tried to pull that off as substance. I mean, manga without substance isn't a big bother for me. Actually, i'd prefer a manga was less substance to one with more cause i'm quite a slow and shallow person, but this manga was just ridiculous.

It was going well for a while but then all of a sudden they're in this crazy scene, his brother's alive but missing his body parts and suddenly he has a magical arm. I guess 180s are just not my thing in a story. >:S
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

May 9, 2013 7:07 AM

Jun 2011
Jasonbear said:
The story went by super quick and there really was no explanation for ANYTHING. It was like somebody got a whole bunch of really cool ideas (jack the ripper murderer, scar on a arm, super genius brother, etc.) and squished it all together into one story and tried to pull that off as substance. I mean, manga without substance isn't a big bother for me. Actually, i'd prefer a manga was less substance to one with more cause i'm quite a slow and shallow person, but this manga was just ridiculous.

It was going well for a while but then all of a sudden they're in this crazy scene, his brother's alive but missing his body parts and suddenly he has a magical arm. I guess 180s are just not my thing in a story. >:S

Uhm, bro/sis, no author would reveal everything in the first chapter, well none of the smart author that is, this is why it kept us guessing and there's the suspense. It's a story telling technique you know, the more advance one that is imo
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 3, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
Jasonbear said:

Pretty much this. Horrible pacing, this could have been easily 2-3 chapters at least.
Dec 12, 2014 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder how the momentum of this series will maintain itself at this pace. Idk how I feel about the first chapter tbh. Seems like it's actually decent though at least with the buildup. Let's see how much we'll learn more about our main characters besides their past.

More topics from this board

» is this related to darren shan? cirque de freak series?

Neostorm-X - Sep 1, 2022

0 by Neostorm-X »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:15 PM

» Underrated

Diamondhead - Nov 3, 2018

1 by R_Refai_98 »»
Sep 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Poll: » AR∀GO Chapter 85 Discussion

Ruri-san - Oct 2, 2011

7 by Stark700 »»
Dec 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Poll: » AR∀GO Chapter 51 Discussion

Acrata - Sep 14, 2011

1 by jark-moses »»
Mar 23, 2012 6:15 PM

Poll: » AR∀GO Chapter 84 Discussion

IceAndCream - Sep 19, 2011

5 by StripFeeling »»
Sep 21, 2011 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.