Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2015
Reviewing in general is very rarely an objective undertaking. It's basically just a formatted rant accompanied with ratings about one's subjective feelings on their personal experience with the anime being covered. Thus why most reviewing is, in my opinion, quite bad at being of good use to others interested in the covered anime.

While I'm sure mostly informative/objective reviewers are out there, they are not worth the effort to seek out in my experience. At the end of the day, you yourself are going to be the best critic for what you personally like. So if you have time to read a bunch of reviews, looking for a fair one, you probably are better off just watching a few episodes yourself.
Info-ChanDec 30, 2015 4:13 PM
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Dec 30, 2015 4:19 PM
May 2015
The only Youtube anime reviewer I like is Glass Reflection. Compared to that fucking shitty ass biased reviewer "Digishit, GR's reviews are somewhat professional, he doesn't shit on English Dub, and his reviews are not 100% biased.

Dec 30, 2015 4:36 PM

May 2013
jc9622 said:
The only Youtube anime reviewer I like is Glass Reflection. Compared to that fucking shitty ass biased reviewer "Digishit, GR's reviews are somewhat professional, he doesn't shit on English Dub, and his reviews are not 100% biased.

Pretty much agree with you there. I sat through Digibro's hour long rant on Sword Art Online and many of his complaints were due to him not paying attention or not being able to put 2 and 2 together.
Dec 30, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
Glass Reflection and Bobsamurai is the best I've seen. GR is little more light hearted and Bob's are more detailed but he is biased of the "elitist" shows.
Dec 30, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
most of them are so bias against anime itself their opinion is worth shit.
I watch for the reactions, king of lighting and uzumaki khan are good at that.
Dec 30, 2015 6:01 PM

Apr 2015
ThatAnimeSnob comes off a bit pretentious at times but I still like watching him.

Demo is hilarious. I wish he had a better MAL, the only score he's given is a 10 for End of Evangelion. His "Should you watch?" videos are pretty good and semi-serious.

Glass Reflection is also pretty good, though I miss his calculated scores.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 30, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
most of them are so bias against anime itself their opinion is worth shit.
I watch for the reactions, king of lighting and uzumaki khan are good at that.
tbh, everyone is. I love digibro, but I'd be lying if said the fact that we have almost the exact same taste wasn't part of it. I think it also comes down to what you're looking for in a review. I don't read reviews when deciding what to watch, I enjoy analysis, so his videos are perfect for me.
Dec 30, 2015 9:02 PM
Jun 2014
Demo senpai is the best..no contest...
Btw i just found this shit cancer review

what a shit taste
Dec 30, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2015
Dark_Chaos said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Let's say that most of my personality is hidden when I write. You see words, but these are words I have time to think about and consider. It's calculated. Freudian slips probably won't happen.

The only information you have is the ideas - currently we're discussing the idea of Medium is the Message.

Information such as my age or where I'm from is unavailable to you because you don't hear my voice.

I don't see what's the use of bolding or italics when writing. It's expressive, but a review shouldn't just be an outpouring of emotions. It should present clear ideas and arguments why a show is good.

I've seen some some of these reviews with emphasis. All they do is appeal to your emotions, going 'lol @ ridiculous'. It's closer to Mystery Science Theater rather than actual reviewing. Entertaining, yes, but not informative.

Scripts and multiple takes cover that.

What? :S

This makes a difference somehow? :S

I feel a good review needs to be able to highlight the important bits. Otherwise, people may miss those bits and have to go back and read everything again, and that's no fun.

You're probably watching the wrong reviews then.

If you're going to bother to write a speech, why speak it? Present a transcript instead.

The speaker's voice, his tone, his words-per-minute and others such things are not important for an anime review. The anime is the point. This is information about the reviewer which is irrelevant.

The best way to highlight the important bits is to arrange your review in such a way that will highlight those. Italics and boldings are weird graphics thing in a medium that's not graphic at all. They're not a replacement for a coherent argument.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 30, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2015
youtube reviews are mainly for pure entertainment and maybe a synopsis on what an anime is about. If you want a genuinely good review go onto blogs where the creator actually dicusses anime and anime related things.
Banner credit to @turnip
Dec 31, 2015 12:14 AM

Jun 2015
I am very interested to every kind of reviewers whether it be written report form and visual form, because every individual has a chance to show their different perspective and point of views of a certain shows. That's why we have a freedom of speech right? Do you want to know why? I believe in objectiveness and subjectiveness argument. I am quiet and shy yet observant into different kinds of opinons of every person in MAL. Im very sorry if I sound arrogant... English is my second language so you know my bad grammar. I have a low-confidence from talkin to other people. Can we please have a nice discussion to this forum? I respect you, because YOU have a choice of will to write anything related to the forum.
The Journey For The Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

50 by traed »»
40 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
4 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 11 hours ago

28 by epidemia78 »»
11 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

23 by Shizuna »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.