Forum Settings
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"Please become my friend again huh?" Yup, Kaori has and always be one of them. Sweet quote there for this chapter.
Dec 26, 2015 2:12 AM

Apr 2011
Wait that's it? Is this really the final chapter?

The title should be Forever Friends.

Anyway this was great I really just hope I could see a closure.
They just solved Kaori's problem after all.
Would been great to see a real confession.
Dec 26, 2015 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
holy fuck, just like that? this is frienzone the series.

anyways, very cute and heartwarming stories. kinda repetative thou. 7/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 26, 2015 4:55 AM

Dec 2014
Ahh ,dang it.... The heck, super friend ending...... :(

Dec 26, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2015
damnit, so close but no confession
Dec 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2012
Kind of mehh ending. Drop my score from 8 to 7.
Keep moving forward
Dec 26, 2015 10:55 PM

May 2015
^
It is like you said GenT-san, this ending (assuming this is the final chapter {epilogue with a turn around}) dropped my score as well from an 8 to a 7.

This chapter was amazing until page 15... I was ready to celebrate Hase manliness until I turned the page and was like really, really!

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻ Hase-kun friends (cockblock him) prevent him from confessing to her... WTF!? Before that scene I was praising Mangaka-san from deviating from the anime friend zone ending but no she trolled me… ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Leaving my passionate reply, I knew this would not be a romance ending but come on at least make them hug each other for Christ's sake they went through a lot and I not saying that both of them crying in previous chapters wasn’t a very intimate moment but at least have them take the relationship up a notch with some kind of body contact (holding hands, touching, hugh, snuggling, etc. {skinship}) followed by a blush...

Man, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of bonding through physical contact between Hase & Kaori and by that I mean the pure innocent kind perfectly displayed by Shougo and Saki through the manga.
Dec 27, 2015 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Erm i thought there are 41 chapters overall. So praying for some kind of confession, but if not would be sad because it was a good manga run and it deserved a good ending.
allenjkeDec 27, 2015 1:04 AM
Dec 27, 2015 12:25 AM

Apr 2011
allenjke said:
Erm i thought there are 41 chapters overall. So praying for some kind of confession, but if not would be sad beacuse it was a good manga run and it deserved a good ending.

I think the 41 chapters includes special chapters. So this might really be the end. :|
Dec 27, 2015 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
I was hoping for Kaori to remember that she fell in love to our MC way back, i forgot the chapter #..

But iirc she was getting some uncomfortable feelings when MC was in the presence of other girls...
Dec 27, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
So close, damn those guys ._.
Dec 29, 2015 12:04 AM
Apr 2014
I like to think Hase and Fujimiya's relationship developed after the end of the manga, and that the mangaka didn't allow for a confession yet because it would seem rushed. I mean, she just got her memories back. Fujimiya needs time to process her emotions bfore she could even think of Hase in a romantic way.
Dec 29, 2015 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
"Friends". that's exactly as the title says.
but that really is close to real confession. thanks to their other friends.

overall, i had a nice read for this series. decent.
raviel_kenDec 29, 2015 9:19 PM

Dec 31, 2015 4:23 PM

Sep 2013
I do think that them being a couple right now would be considered rushing, she just got over her illness, so it's a nice way to end the series imo.
Jan 6, 2016 12:37 PM
Aug 2014
Assuming this is the ending and the other chapter are extras or something i'm fine with this because this is exactly what he set out to do to begin with, make her his friend.

Now i'm not saying I don't want them to be together but somewhere in the back of my head they already were long ago so it's all good. Also not to mention c'mon just think of their relationship 2-3yrs down the line they're gonna be together no doubt.
Jan 8, 2016 4:09 AM
Nov 2015
This is probably the most favourable ending for the manga because if any of the two(Hajime and Yuuki) were to get into a relationship with Kaori, it would be a great ending for fans of whoever won, but the ones who rooted for the other would probably be bitter.

Even though I say that, I at least wanted to see Shougo and Saki together. :P
(That would probably make the circle of friends awkward though so it's probably better this way.)
Feb 12, 2016 1:08 AM

Sep 2013
GPAD said:
This is probably the most favourable ending for the manga because if any of the two(Hajime and Yuuki) were to get into a relationship with Kaori, it would be a great ending for fans of whoever won, but the ones who rooted for the other would probably be bitter.

Even though I say that, I at least wanted to see Shougo and Saki together. :P
(That would probably make the circle of friends awkward though so it's probably better this way.)

Yeah I agree this is the best ending, maybe the author want us to think that Hase and Fujiyama will be end up together. This series is focus on how to restore Fujiyama memories
Oct 15, 2019 8:26 AM

Oct 2010
is this the final chapter? MAL lists 41 chapters
Dec 11, 2019 10:07 PM

Feb 2019
Kinda disappointed. I thought Hase was going to confess, but it seems we got trolled and he got bothered by their friends.

Anyway, it was a nice read. Sometimes it felt kind of repetitive, but it had that fluffy feeling all the way.

Hoping and imagining that one day Hase and Kaori will become a couple just like Shougo and Saki.
Jul 30, 2020 7:38 PM

Feb 2018
Thank you so much for being my friend, rip Friendzone
Jun 11, 2021 1:42 AM

Feb 2014
Kuma said:
holy fuck, just like that? this is frienzone the series. [...]

Bahahahaha, that's perfect!!! XDDDD Isshuukan friends aka Friendzone the Series xDDD

To me, the ending seemed very clear in fact. The moment Hase and Kaori shared an emotionally intimate moment together while Hajime left settled it for me. And in Kaori's face and thoughts this chapter, the focus was clearly on Hase, no sight of Hajime. So I'm sure they are basically together, even without the words or physical touch to confirm it. "Read the air" guys ;3 They'll probably confirm it with each other after the manga ended. It'll just take one of them to open up more and as they are both pretty honest and emotionally expressive people, I'm sure they'll be able to manage.

In my opinion, the ending was nice. Just as most of the other chapters, I liked it (4/5). No big bang at the end, but an in line ending with the fluffiness and purity of the rest of the manga.

I'll probably rate 8/10 overall.
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Jan 14, 2022 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
this was a really cute and comfy series to read. I did struggle a bit to continue but thats probably because i got board of the 8 koma kinda format.

i think the way they handled her memory thing is kinda weak but i wasn't expecting much anyway.

it lives up to its name tho with "Friends" in the title lmao.

7/10 overall. On to the sequel now.
May 9, 2022 11:38 PM
May 2022
I think this anime is beautiful.
Flashback to where the female and male protagonist to like each other and everything they both experience. (Well, I don't believe her not to love Yuuki)
Deep down I know Kaori have a feelings for Yuuki which in the end getting mixed and she just think that she really like this person as a friend. Well, let's just say she really loves him that she messed up because she has a boyfriend. While everything they've been through, but she doesn't remember it very well. The part of her has already think Yuuki as an important person of her life. <3<3<3
Starlight_maidenMay 9, 2022 11:42 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

7 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 11, 2021 1:09 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Chapter 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

6 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:50 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2015

4 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 10, 2021 8:01 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Chapter 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2015

5 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Chapter 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2015

5 by Ishiryoku »»
Jun 10, 2021 2:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.