Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 1, 2015 11:40 PM

Sep 2014
In Gantz, they had the same theory I had. I think when we die, our consciousness gets recycled and goes into a newborn's body. But we lose our memories and so we just get reseted and live as a different person without ever remembering our past lives.
Dec 1, 2015 11:49 PM

Sep 2009
Nope.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 1, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2008
DAIO_13 said:
In Gantz, they had the same theory I had. I think when we die, our consciousness gets recycled and goes into a newborn's body. But we lose our memories and so we just get reseted and live as a different person without ever remembering our past lives.
That is much how most views of reincarnation are.
Dec 2, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
DAIO_13 said:
That's no different from not being reborn at all. Our memories are what make us so if there are simply a limited amount of "souls" but they can be cleaned with a "factory reset" so they can be used again without the previous life having any affect on the new one then what difference does it make? It does mean it's impossible to prove wrong as there are no problems with the theory, but it also means that it makes things more complicated than they need to be.
Dec 2, 2015 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
Ivino said:
Is there life after death?

I belive in you ! ganbatte !
lewd is love, lewd is life !

Dec 2, 2015 12:15 AM

Mar 2008
zombie_pegasus said:
That's no different from not being reborn at all. Our memories are what make us so if there are simply a limited amount of "souls" but they can be cleaned with a "factory reset" so they can be used again without the previous life having any affect on the new one then what difference does it make? It does mean it's impossible to prove wrong as there are no problems with the theory, but it also means that it makes things more complicated than they need to be.
In various religions that have reincarnation the past life does effect their current life. They just arent consciously aware of the reason behind some of their behaviours.
Dec 2, 2015 12:15 AM

Feb 2014
I wish I knew.

If it turned out to be yes, I would take life a bit more slowly.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Dec 2, 2015 12:25 AM

Oct 2014
traed said:
zombie_pegasus said:
In various religions that have reincarnation the past life does effect their current life. They just arent consciously aware of the reason behind some of their behaviours.
Maybe that theory could even explain mental disorders. I know we have real explanations, but most of them are too complicated for normal people to understand. It's much more simple to say that trans people were the opposite sex in a past life that to try to explain what's actually happening in their brain.
Dec 2, 2015 2:14 AM

Sep 2015
Interesting thought

Humans actually consist more of microorganisms than human cells so when I die some of them might survive and I'll live a life after the death of my memories

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-06/15/human-microbes
Dec 2, 2015 2:44 AM

Dec 2015
Nah, I think after death it's eternal nothingness. Or maybe when the universe eventually ends something like a second big bang happens and everything is re-created similar to how it was before and we kind of re-live our lifes. That would be nice, but I doubt it.
Dec 2, 2015 5:12 AM

Feb 2015
Yes, though I'm not sure what it's like

Dec 2, 2015 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
idk,i haven't made up my mind yet
Dec 2, 2015 5:34 AM
May 2015
traed said:
Yes because reasons.
Dec 2, 2015 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
i feel lucky to have been given a life at all
would be kinda selfish to wish for another one
Dec 2, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
Yes.
Dec 2, 2015 11:34 AM

May 2008
i assume youll know the answer when your dead but prbbly then its to late.
even though its strange to think that your life ends, no movement, zero sense etc.
Dec 2, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure.
Dec 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
I seriously don't know what to believe .
Dec 2, 2015 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
it doesn't matter either way.
I can die and realize there is an afterlife, ok.
or I can die and decompose to particles, that's also ok.

Dec 3, 2015 1:13 AM

Feb 2015
sure why not.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - Apr 30

22 by juanlqr »»
31 minutes ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them? ( 1 2 )

barababas - Apr 28

53 by Noboru »»
40 minutes ago

» How many of your friends are friends with you just to make fun of you?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by MeanMrMusician »»
49 minutes ago

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

24 by MeanMrMusician »»
51 minutes ago

» What is the weather like in your region

ST63LTH - Yesterday

15 by MeanMrMusician »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.