Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
ZetaZaku said:
danieltortoisee said:
Why the fuck does Saitama deliberately fuck up any chance of taking any credit he may get? Of all things in this show, that makes the least sense by a country mile. It's awful and just feels so forced and a lame device for comedy. Not impressed at all.

Because he's like Kirito. He basically became a "beater" this episode lol. Yeah it was a pretty bad episode. The whole fish thing should have been one episode, instead of dragging it for two episodes and being completely predictable. At this point, the same repeated joke became a bit stale.

One of the very few post that makes sense on this page. Everything else, including Veldin's awful post, should be overlooked.
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:
danieltortoisee said:
Why the fuck does Saitama deliberately fuck up any chance of taking any credit he may get? Of all things in this show, that makes the least sense by a country mile. It's awful and just feels so forced and a lame device for comedy. Not impressed at all.

Because he's like Kirito. He basically became a "beater" this episode lol. Yeah it was a pretty bad episode. The whole fish thing should have been one episode, instead of dragging it for two episodes and being completely predictable. At this point, the same repeated joke became a bit stale.

Hu... what joke? Saitama one punching the enemy? I guess that stopped being a joke long ago. I love Saitama's one punches cause they are awesome and hype, not to make me laugh =/
Nov 29, 2015 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
Yeah its difficult to understand why Saitama would diss himself like that. Especially after that one ass hole was trying to disparage him earlier it would have been a perfect moment for Saitama to launch a great counter argument and actually explain what happen with the meteor and explain Sea King's regeneration.

I guess it wasn't easy to tell for the normal civilian onlookers but we know that the Sea King dude just regenerated after every attack anyone else performed on him except for Saitama. So in reality Saitama should get 100% of the credit b/c of the Sea King's regeneration abilities.

Well at least the positive points of the episode included those awesome fight scences with genos . Actually liscenless rider served a huge purpose most likely stalling enough for Saitama to get there , because it was apparent the sea king wasn't going to let those civilians live, still sucks that he's so weak though even though he seems to be such a bro.

Saitama gets into B class awesome. Hero Organization has horrible analytical skills giving so much creedence to rumors about Saitama and not actually realizing he's pretty much soloing all the high level threats to the city.
Nov 29, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
YEEART said:

Unfortunately you don't need those effects for good animation. As stated before, it's how fluid it is. This is very fluid. If needed, I can get a much better example to suite your needs.
thats very fluid? u call that good?

i was hoping u would show me KnK or something lmfao now im convinced u have no idea what good animation is anyways

Yes. Way better than the sloppy and choppy exchange of blows between Genos and The Sea King that looks like your typical long running battle shounen.

Admit it, you're not just fabulous enough.
"Hi!"
Nov 29, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Mumen Raider is amazing. He's a true hero and also it makes me sad that Saitama has to play the bad guy to make people stop arguing. Loved this ep, best one yet imo.
Nov 29, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
^^ That's because that just happens to be Shingo Fuji's style.
Nov 29, 2015 2:46 PM

Jun 2011
Genos gave me goosebumps.
Mumen Rider made me cry. T^T
Saitama was epic as usual.
And that poopface citizen pissed me off.
This episode really convinced me that OPM is the best anime of the season.
Nov 29, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
Yes. Way better than the sloppy and choppy exchange of blows between Genos and The Sea King that looks like your typical long running battle shounen.

Okay, I don't know that anime but that scene is amazing indeed. What anime is it?
Genos vs Sea King does not pale in comparison to that at all, though
Nov 29, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
Ah, nice episode.

The end there makes me want to ship Rider and Saitama, but I'm not supposed to tell people that.
Nov 29, 2015 2:48 PM
Aug 2011
Veldin461 said:
Okay, I don't know that anime but that scene is amazing indeed. What anime is it?

It's StarDiver.
It's fab and it looks great but admittedly the anime overall isn't very good.
standNov 29, 2015 2:53 PM
Nov 29, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
Veldin461 said:
YEEART said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Wzy24q8.gif[/i mg]

Stardriver.

I've only seen 6 episodes of it, but friends say to expect a lot of ass pulls and convenient moment s etc. Bones original so sasuga. Heard it's mindless fun (which it is) so just turn off your brain I guess.

Seems I've proven(?) my point I guess.
"Hi!"
Nov 29, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2014
Idk why people complain about Saitama one punching his enemies when the shows name is One Punch Man >.> all the development goes to the other heroes as the anime is definitely starting to branch away from just Saitama and Genos.

Anywayz, based Mumen Rider made this episode. Very manly tears were shed, the OST made that scene.
Nov 29, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
stand said:
Veldin461 said:

It's StarDiver.
It's fab and it looks great but admittedly anime overall isn't very good.

yea don't get your hopes up
Nov 29, 2015 2:51 PM
Apr 2014
Damn.

Genos badass as fuck almost beating that guy. But bad guys always have to play dirty and involve innocent people >.> At least Genos was able to save the girl from him although I was wondering why he didn't try to get her and the father out of the way instead of catching the acid with his body. Shouldn't have taken that much longer. (also -> YAY favourite soundtrack playing during their battle :D )

And Saitama sacrificing his "reward" to keep the reputation of the other heroes up was pretty sad, too. He finally had eye witnesses and still nobody believes him because of this one stupid fuck that tries to devalue the other heroes...

Also glad to see that Mumen Rider survived all of that. He sure is living on the edge.

edit: Just remembered something. One point really pisses me off. That the public doesn't believe and trust Saitama is one thing but the association even has footage of him beating that monster(every fucking frame) and they still doubt him and talk about the rumors as if they might be actually true.
NanashiNov 29, 2015 3:11 PM
Nov 29, 2015 2:53 PM

Jul 2014
Smudy said:

He did that to make the people give the other heroes credit who fought the Sea King and deliberately took the bad guy role there.

Out of all people, you didn't get this one. I'm a bit surprised.

That's what happens when you don't really pay the greatest attention. Hindsight tells me it was something I really should have noticed, and it is a lot less annoying to see it like that. Still annoying though, as Saitama definitely deserves some credit for saving the day (and not just for this instance either: how many other times has Saitama saved the world like that?).

Nov 2012
forgot to mention a random point about the episode, but after genos got hit by sea kings poison , we could very clearly see some muscle and bone underneath all that machinery. It's crazy how much damage he can take without dying haha
Aug 2011
Ein said:

It's also repetitive as fuck but when OPM does the same its criminal and all sorts of butts hurt.
Meh I don't understand.
Nov 29, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Is this anime really so good that it can rise to rank 16 on MaL Before the show is even over xD

I think it is good and all, But it seems people are over hype-ing it quite alot
Nov 29, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Smudy said:

He did that to make the people give the other heroes credit who fought the Sea King and deliberately took the bad guy role there.

That's what happens when you don't really pay the greatest attention. Hindsight tells me it was something I really should have noticed, and it is a lot less annoying to see it like that. Still annoying though, as Saitama definitely deserves some credit for saving the day (and not just for this instance either: how many other times has Saitama saved the world like that?).

Well reading that I guess I can understand what saitama was trying to do. But I still hate it though, there should have been a way for him to both acknowledge their efforts and also get them to recognize his own.

I think he could have said something along the lines of maybe those other heroes didn't beat the sea king but they definitely did their job in not actually allowing him to kill civilians and stall him for quite a long time until Saitama could get there. If anything they were incredibly brave for going up against what was basically insurmountable odds for them.
Nov 29, 2015 2:57 PM

Jul 2014
stand said:
Ein said:

It's also repetitive as fuck but when OPM does the same its criminal and all sorts of butts hurt.
Meh I don't understand.

1) it aired 5 years ago
2) it's unknown
3) its like ranked ~7.5

r u sure? I think it probably got called repetitive back then
"Hi!"
Nov 29, 2015 2:59 PM
Aug 2011
Oh that's right, I forgot that no one likes mecha.
Nov 29, 2015 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
stand said:
It's StarDiver.
It's fab and it looks great but admittedly the anime overall isn't very good.

YEEART said:
Stardriver.

I've only seen 6 episodes of it, but friends say to expect a lot of ass pulls and convenient moment s etc. Bones original so sasuga. Heard it's mindless fun (which it is) so just turn off your brain I guess.

Okay, thanks =)
I'll put on my plan to watch anyway and give it a try someday even if it's not that good xD
Nov 29, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2014
stand said:

Oh right, there's that as well.

Mecha was the reason why I out it on hold unfortunately. I found it highly enjoyable at the very least. So fucking fabulous.
"Hi!"
Nov 29, 2015 3:06 PM

Sep 2013
midnightblade said:
Yeah its difficult to understand why Saitama would diss himself like that. Especially after that one ass hole was trying to disparage him earlier it would have been a perfect moment for Saitama to launch a great counter argument and actually explain what happen with the meteor and explain Sea King's regeneration.

I guess it wasn't easy to tell for the normal civilian onlookers but we know that the Sea King dude just regenerated after every attack anyone else performed on him except for Saitama. So in reality Saitama should get 100% of the credit b/c of the Sea King's regeneration abilities.
you do know that he did what he did to convice those people that the other heros are actually usefull..and to stop them from loosing their faith in them..cause saitama is too nice..he didn't want those hero to be treated as a bunch of useless idiots after all the crap they've gone through to save and protect those people..
Nov 29, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
I read the manga but the way they directed and presented License-less Rider's speech with all the people cheering him on made me tear up a bit.
Nov 29, 2015 3:12 PM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
stand said:

Oh right, there's that as well.

Mecha was the reason why I out it on hold unfortunately. I found it highly enjoyable at the very least. So fucking fabulous.

I think the gif speaks for itself there xD
Gurren Lagann and Code Geass were the only mechas thas I watched and actually enjoyed, the others were just meh, so my expectations are not that high anyway, cause beating or being on par with those two is really hard for the genre
I probably should stop going off topic, sorry xD
Nov 29, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
Damn good episode! Genos fight with the Deep Sea King was pretty crazy even though he got beat, Mumen Rider was damn inspirational trying to fight him and of course common Saitama is a beast with his one punch! These people really are stupid and just piss me off more and more with how they treat Saitama but he really is a good guy taking the hit by saying he just got lucky to take the credit but hey he is still class B now! Hopefully we see more of Mumen Rider because even though he isn't strong he is still a pretty cool guy. I can't wait to see the next episode to see what this catastrophe that fortune teller saw.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9_ynmvBrg&feature=youtu.be
Nov 29, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
If only OPM had 24 episodes instead of 12 it will ends first with large detachment from FMA.
Nov 29, 2015 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Despite the bad art, the genos and sea king fight was the only good thing in the episode.

ETX said:
There is no "low budget" epsiode with One Punch Man. The entire adaption has been animated with an AVERAGE ANIME BUDGET.

Bullshit. Look at the list of companies in the production list.

The series is clearly being backed up by huge companies.

Rekien said:
YEEART said:

[img]http://oi40.tinypic.com/xpu6fs.jpg[img]

eyyy
That dont come even close of the quality of the ANIMATION of this fight alone dude....
All thats moving is the girl, there are no walls getting closer to the camera, fire effects, nothing...Better example next time, asshole.

Will this do?
http://webm.host/ec974/vid.webm
Nov 29, 2015 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
Those other heroes put up a good fight to hold up the sea king while Saitama arrived. Also, epic fight by Genos and Licenseless Rider.
Nov 29, 2015 3:44 PM

Jan 2012
Well Mumen Rider cool, and Saitama did what he does best. All the "behind the scenes" stuff has zero tension though since Saitama can literally one-shot any doubters.
Nov 29, 2015 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
midnightblade said:
danieltortoisee said:

Well reading that I guess I can understand what saitama was trying to do. But I still hate it though, there should have been a way for him to both acknowledge their efforts and also get them to recognize his own.

I think he could have said something along the lines of maybe those other heroes didn't beat the sea king but they definitely did their job in not actually allowing him to kill civilians and stall him for quite a long time until Saitama could get there. If anything they were incredibly brave for going up against what was basically insurmountable odds for them.

That argument wouldn't be that strong... what Saitama said was, imo, the safest way to get to the crowd and since, as stated on episode 7, Saitama does not really crave for credit that much, he as a professional hero will for sure have other oportunities if he wants
Nov 29, 2015 3:55 PM

Nov 2012
malki said:
midnightblade said:

you do know that he did what he did to convice those people that the other heros are actually usefull..and to stop them from loosing their faith in them..cause saitama is too nice..he didn't want those hero to be treated as a bunch of useless idiots after all the crap they've gone through to save and protect those people..

Look at what I said after posting that
Nov 29, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
midnightblade said:
danieltortoisee said:

That's exactly why he put himself down. The whole argument that the NEET asshole was putting forward was that heroes who just put effort into fighting villains are useless. Unless they actually beat the monsters, then they're just wasting their money by paying them to do their heroics. The only way around that was for Saitama to claim that they were the ones who played the biggest part in Sea King's death, otherwise the NEET would have been proven right and all the other heroes would essentially be seen as useless in everyone's eyes, despite their efforts. In his own words 'Anyone can stall for time.' So them being able to hold out doesn't matter. Their job is to defeat evil and if they can't do that, they've failed as heroes, according to him.
GemTasticalNov 29, 2015 4:08 PM
Nov 29, 2015 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
Madhouse delivers again, almost perfect adaptation. Didn't like the art in the beggining of the Genos x Sea King fight, but the rest was on point. And this thread has so much Salt, from both sides, lol. And wtf is with people taking obvious baits?
Z4k said:

ETX said:
There is no "low budget" epsiode with One Punch Man. The entire adaption has been animated with an AVERAGE ANIME BUDGET.

Like this one, i'll bite this time because of the "bullshit".
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1442968
https://twitter.com/kubo_chika/status/658611075936464896

inb4 can't believe anime director but can believe random opinion on the internet.
Nov 29, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2010
I really believe that Genos could destroy the Sea King. He was great in the battle and looked different.
But I love mumen Rider, he had a beautiful motivation <3
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Nov 29, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
cruzateu said:

inb4 can't believe anime director but can believe random opinion on the internet.

Do elaborate how much that "average budget" is.
Nov 29, 2015 4:23 PM
Dec 2012
Z4k said:
cruzateu said:

For a late night anime i guess its around 1,7 million USD....For a sunday afternoon anime tough, the average budget should be at least 2,5 million USD maybe. Dont have any date to confirm this, and im probably wrong...thats for an average 13 episode anime tough
RekienNov 29, 2015 4:26 PM
Nov 29, 2015 4:27 PM

Nov 2013
- Saitama punches away even the rain in a gigantic radius
- people believe in a random idiot who says that Saitama must be weak, even though they saw everything

Flawless logic
Nov 29, 2015 4:32 PM

May 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Smudy said:

Well that's the point. Saitama should get some credit, but the point was to make sure the people didn't ignore the efforts of the other heroes who risked their lives. Its episodes like these that show that the show is more than just an action parody. Despite some people here that clearly don't see.
Nov 29, 2015 4:32 PM
Jul 2015
Z4k said:
Despite the bad art, the genos and sea king fight was the only good thing in the episode.

ETX said:

yeah number of company producing the show doesn't mean they have a huge budget because if they had they will at least fix the shitty Art and Background in the series

Also average budget is 200-300K $ Per episode
Nov 29, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2012
Harlequina said:
Animation was really weird in some scenes... not good tbh. Still, the first half with Rider was amazing.

agreed that part where Genos is rushing towards Deep sea king looks pretty weird.

Otherwise great ep. Go Mumen Rider!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 29, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
Rekien said:
Z4k said:

For a late night anime i guess its around 1,7 million USD....For a sunday afternoon anime tough, the average budget should be at least 2,5 million USD maybe. Dont have any date to confirm this, and im probably wrong...thats for an average 13 episode anime tough

Yeah but OPM isn't an average 13 episode series since it's getting short OVA/specials in each volume of the BDs iirc and another extra OVA in december. The series is clearly being backed up by big companies.
Z4KNov 29, 2015 4:38 PM
Nov 29, 2015 4:37 PM

May 2012
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Harlequina said:
Animation was really weird in some scenes... not good tbh. Still, the first half with Rider was amazing.

agreed that part where Genos is rushing towards Deep sea king looks pretty weird.

Otherwise great ep. Go Mumen Rider!

That looked weird to you? No offense, but I think some really get animation.
Nov 29, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Wow this episode really reminds me of MAL, rather any kind of entertainment really but really just a lot with MAL.

Something does legitimately good, like say a anime, then there's always that one guy/group that needs to look down on it and often comparing it to other things saying it's just copying or a bad version of it (in Saitama's case, "stealing" other hero's credit).

Oh, that OST during Mumen Rider's speech though, great stuff.
Nov 29, 2015 4:44 PM
Dec 2012
Z4k said:
Rekien said:

Yeah but OPM isn't an average 13 episode series since it's getting short OVA/specials in each volume of the BDs iirc and another extra OVA in december. The series is clearly being backed up by big companies.

Yup, cant say that it isnt...it might have an average budget(thats why it cant have genos training level of art/animation all the time), but they have some of the best animators from the industry working on it, and it shows.
I completly agree that the art ont he fight scenes was not on par with some of the previous episodes, but it was nowhere near bad, as some here are making it to be, in fact it was great.
Nov 29, 2015 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
Rekien said:

Are you saying that because they have big companies behind them they have a big budget? Or not?
If it is the former:
lel nice info out of your ass/10
Nov 29, 2015 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
lol@the people saying animation isn't good in OPM.
Nov 29, 2015 5:08 PM
Jun 2015
nowa_ said:
One Joke Man is so predictable, holy shit.

At least they added forced melodrama this episode, I guess that's something.

why the fck are you even here...if you're here just to spread your hate to opm...just gtfo from here
Nov 29, 2015 5:09 PM
Jan 2013
nowa_ said:
One Joke Man is so predictable, holy shit.

At least they added forced melodrama this episode, I guess that's something.
lmao says the guy who favorites shit like Yuru Yuri and Yuyushiki, the most boring and predictable generic moeshit ever. Well aren't you special snowflake contrarian? go back to /a/ and go watch Gochuumon or whatever

Forced melodrama? Dude you rated AnoHana a 10, literally the most forced melodramatic garbage ever. You gotta try harder than that next time
enginesofdemiseNov 29, 2015 5:12 PM
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

431 by OnigirisBasket »»
1 hour ago

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Apr 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.