Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2015 12:42 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so hard to make friends, irl or over cyberspace. Whenever I'm with co-workers or talking online in games, I always feel like that outcast that nobody really cares for. I mean, I try to make friends, but I feel as if I'm just terrible at it or that I'm annoying as hell.

Even if I'm just browsing Twitter or something, it seems like everyone has their own little group and I'm just kind of like, "Alright then.." I don't know if I'm just not a cool person to be friends with. Does anyone else feel like it's hard to make friends nowadays or am I really just like, a loner. And I'm not trying to have a pity party for myself, I just am tired of being alone all the time.
FASTER!!!!!!!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2015 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
I usually have trouble starting a conversation, and keeping it. So, basically, yeah. I have difficulty meeting new people.
Nov 29, 2015 12:47 AM
Aug 2015
I'll be your friend
Nov 29, 2015 12:48 AM

Oct 2012
Fitting in is the hardest part.

Once you get over that obstacle, it all comes naturally. My best advice for you is to stay natural and don't be afraid to say something. If you keep quiet 24/7, of course no one is going to notice you.
Nov 29, 2015 12:49 AM

Jun 2015
iktf man.
Nov 29, 2015 12:51 AM

Oct 2011
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
iktf man.
Feels.png

Try to use your hobbies/interests as a way to interact with people.
Nov 29, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2015
cause said:
I'll be your friend
Nov 29, 2015 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Don't even bother making friends IRL. They're all fake.
I personally only made friends from a MMORPG game and MAL.
It's like.. hmm.. I don't give it my all and be like "Yeah I'll approach him and try to be his friend!"
I just talk casually and fit in and we're eventually friends.
Nov 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Feb 2015
I was going to offer myself as a cyber-friend but your taste in anime makes me flaccid.
Nov 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Mar 2012
aw darling :/ I think everyone feels like that at some point. I don't know what else to say but I'm sure you'll find a group of people that won't make you feel like an outcast. If you ever want someone to talk to message me :)

wow this is the nicest thing i've ever posted on mal i feel so conflicted
Nov 29, 2015 12:56 AM
Aug 2015
Love said:
Don't even bother making friends IRL. They're all fake.
I personally only made friends from a MMORPG game and MAL.
It's like.. hmm.. I don't give it my all and be like "Yeah I'll approach him and try to be his friend!"
I just talk casually and fit in and we're eventually friends.

but you can meet people irl that same way to
like go to gaming conventions if you're into games
anime conventions if you're into anime
there's places people with your interest congregate. just have to look.
Nov 29, 2015 12:56 AM
May 2015
Do you know some friends from college or highschool? Contact them from time to time and arrange meet-ups for the sake of knowing how have they been doing. Sound friendly and don't pressure them. Just because you meet them one time doesn't mean you become friends. You must hang out more often. If you can't then try making friends at your workplace. Chat with people a bit or ask them questions. Try to meet up outside of your work. Also, spend more time with your family, and specially your brothers and sisters if you have any. That'll help. You must sacrifice some things if you want friends that bad. It needs commitment.
Nov 29, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2015
OP you might curse me for it but having friends is even harder.
Nov 29, 2015 1:05 AM

Aug 2011
Same, op. I always feel like the fifth wheel, even when I'm with my "friends" who suddenly start talking among themselves and I'm left standing there by myself like "...okay then." My interests rarely match with anyone I know irl anyway so at this point, I'm not even surprised when it happens.
It's easier to connect to people "of your own kind" online, I think. Common interests and such help a lot to start talking to people.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Nov 29, 2015 1:05 AM

May 2015
Join clubs or summat.
Nov 29, 2015 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks for the friends offers guys lol, add me if you want...I graduated high school a couple years back and I guess what makes me really not to fond of friends is that I lost all mine from high school. Nobody talked to me after school ended so it really made me feel like friendships aren't really that serious. The only meaningful relationships I ever develop are with my other half. I guess it just makes me feel like friendships are hopeless.
FASTER!!!!!!!

Nov 29, 2015 1:44 AM

Oct 2012
welcome to the club

Nov 29, 2015 1:46 AM

May 2015
Fuck friends.

I just decided yesterday to stop talking to all of the friends I have.
No point in hanging around people who only lead you down the wrong path.

Honestly your better off alone.
Nov 29, 2015 1:49 AM

Oct 2011
Izumii said:
Fuck friends.

#3edgy5me
Nov 29, 2015 2:03 AM

Oct 2015
In all honesty, friends are just a figment of your imagination. So in having said that, maybe your not missing out?! Lol

For real though, your not alone. I typically blow at talking to new people. Especially initiating conversations.
Brandon0493Nov 29, 2015 2:13 AM
Nov 29, 2015 2:11 AM

Jun 2015
I'm bad at talking to people in general.
I have to basically rely on being like a generous & funny person to just be tolerable. I'm "that girl with mad RBF syndrome but is actually pretty nice & funny" or w/e. And when anxiety takes over its even harder.
Nov 29, 2015 2:17 AM

Jan 2009
well its not just you thats for sure, its a silent epidemic brought by modern society

Studies have consistently shown that one in 10 of us is lonely, but a report by the Mental Health Foundation suggests loneliness among young people is increasing

"We have data that suggests people's social networks have got smaller and families are not providing the same level of social context they may have done 50 years ago.

"It's not because they are bad or uncaring families, but it's to do with geographical distance, marriage breakdown, multiple caring responsibilities and longer working hours," he says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22012957
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jul/20/loneliness-britains-silent-plague-hurts-young-people-most
Nov 29, 2015 2:37 AM

Jul 2013
I think the hardest part for me when it comes to making friends online is having it last for more than a day. Like, Yeah it's cool to play a game with someone and add them to play in the future, but realistically it doesn't last. Either person would just have another group of friends or it wouldn just end up being a 1 day thing and that person would just end up being another name on your friends list.
FASTER!!!!!!!

Nov 29, 2015 2:42 AM

Nov 2015
make friends is easy. the hardest thing is to find someone who click to each others.
INTP (Ne)

A hound, begging for scraps at the emperor's table

Nov 29, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
you need to find someone who has the same interests as you,i don't have lots of friends irl but it doesn't matter because they are all really close to me and we share the same interests
it's okay if you don't have many friends or not friends in general,you'll find one who has the same interests as you one day
Nov 29, 2015 3:48 AM

Sep 2009
Hello3245 said:

That's why you have to always be outgoing and meet as many people as you can. Eventually you will run into a friend you will have for a lifetime. They are rare, but the more outgoing you are, the more common they become.

^This is true. You should try to be more outgoing; people can't like you if they don't know enough about you to like. It's hard to make friends if you don't talk, but don't talk just because. Try actually to hold a conversation on a topic you're actually interested in, and don't hold things back (unless it's some really weird fetish) because think they judge you; humans are social animals and overlook weird things pretty easily.

Bernkastel said:

Do you genuinely enjoy their company? If yes, why wouldn't you do the same thing tomorrow?

^This too. If you like hanging out with them, then do it, and of course, this is much easier if you hold the same interests.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 29, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
for one, i find it tough to believe you have zero friends including the internet, ffs two people just offered to befriend you ITT

two, if having more than a couple friends was really such a big deal for you, then you'd probably have some

people who are social, or i guess, that crave social interaction literally crave it. you don't sound like that kind of person
and those aren't the kinds of people to envy imo

certainly having friends to call and chill with whenever does have its benefits but i think not needing that in your life, at least all the time frees up some focus for you to pursue things that (judging by your post OP) you hold more value for
Nov 29, 2015 4:26 AM

Jan 2015
Here's a story of how I became the best man at a wedding for a guy I met over a video game.

Play video game.
Get good at video game.
Begin contributing to forums.
Naturally become friends with other good players on the forum and in game because I am not an anti social cuck.
Create private chat group with these gaming friends.
Problems arise in forum.
Notice a specific person is a profoundly respectable and upstanding guy.
Treat him the same.
Begin speaking to him at a personal level.
Eventually meet up after more than a year of knowing each other.
Start hanging out all the time and helping.each other when needed.

Damn look how easy that was. It all stemmed from a video game neither of us even play anymore.
Nov 29, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2011
ExplicitlyHuman said:
Here's a story of how I became the best man at a wedding for a guy I met over a video game.

Play video game.
Get good at video game.
Begin contributing to forums.
Naturally become friends with other good players on the forum and in game because I am not an anti social cuck.
Create private chat group with these gaming friends.
Problems arise in forum.
Notice a specific person is a profoundly respectable and upstanding guy.
Treat him the same.
Begin speaking to him at a personal level.
Eventually meet up after more than a year of knowing each other.
Start hanging out all the time and helping.each other when needed.

Damn look how easy that was. It all stemmed from a video game neither of us even play anymore.
And now you can take the time to realize it's not that easy for everyone, if it was then everybody would have friends.
Nov 29, 2015 4:35 AM
Mar 2015
LemonCup said:
welcome to the club
Nov 29, 2015 4:36 AM

Apr 2014
It's even harder to get senpai to notice you...
Nov 29, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
If it's any consolation, I find that making enemies is very easy. Any enemy is kind of a friend inverted.
Nov 29, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
Dunno why but when I socialize I always end up with the weirdos
One time I socialized I ended to be with friends with an edgy suicidal muslim (not joking here, he really is suicidal. He hates everything in the world too)
also, I got a friend who was a mischief. He always harass anyone and is good at theft
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 29, 2015 4:46 AM

Apr 2015
I feel like the only one on the forums who doesn't have a hard time making friends in real life...
CookiesNov 29, 2015 5:03 AM
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Nov 29, 2015 4:47 AM

Apr 2014
Making friends hard...
Nov 29, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
If you wanna make friends, sacrifice their soul to satan and they'll all be yours.
Nov 29, 2015 5:02 AM

Aug 2010
Thats how I feel everyday, no point in trying to enter pre-made groups....better to make your own.....
Nov 29, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
Just have to talk about what they are talking about can't be too picky. Having a really good friend with a lot in common is kinda hard though.

Like I'm sure If you liked something someone posted on this thread you made and talked to them you'd find a friend out of all these posters.
Nov 29, 2015 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Izumii said:
Fuck friends.

so tru
hats off.
Nov 29, 2015 5:14 AM

May 2014
Xoaz said:
Making friends is hard..

DONE.
sent you a friend request.

PM me with a list of your UP TO DATE problems and we can discuss them on IRC in full detail and then you can stick around and have fun with the regulars, most of them are gamers and yes they like anime too ... duhhh :"P

Here's the link IRC
1) type a name/any name.
2) type #myanimelist.
3) join the channel.

good luck OP~~
Nov 29, 2015 5:16 AM

May 2014
Bambi said:
Making friends hard...

that is ... also hard actually :/
Nov 29, 2015 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
True friends are like love - many want it but actually don't need it.
If you absolutely must have both, I'll only wish you a good luck...
Nov 29, 2015 5:29 AM

Aug 2010
I think the reason it's so hard to make friends is partially because of people like me.
I'm just too lazy to maintain a conversation at times or too lazy to even be social. :v
It still surprises me I have friends really.

BecauseAllYourThoughtsAreWicked | Sailor Mars
Nov 29, 2015 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
You just have to get out there and go to places with a lot of people. People have started talking me all the time at stores and it's because we were looking at the same thing.

The girl at my local comic store said she liked my shirt when we just happened to be looking at the same thing, and that's what's most important, either you start the conversation or do your best to continue it. I just thanked her and moved on but if I wanted to keep it going I would say "You like 2Pac too?" and see where it goes.

People on here will be friends with you of course, but try joining some clubs that you would really like, go out on big social events that you would like, (When me and my sis went to go see the last Hunger Games movie, we were having a great time with random people, joking and everything.) Just try stuff like that.
Nov 29, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
Just make a few best friends. Having a large circle of acquaintances but no actual friends can be quite stressfull.
Nov 29, 2015 6:02 AM

Nov 2015
It's only hard when you over complicate it. Just have fun.
Nov 29, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Grudge said:
LemonCup said:
welcome to the club
Nov 29, 2015 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
go to a coffee shop see what people wear. see how they talk. have fun not lying to them.

notice I didn't say hurting them.
Nov 29, 2015 9:26 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
YW said:
I usually have trouble starting a conversation, and keeping it. So, basically, yeah. I have difficulty meeting new people.

Basically me. I feel super comfortable around my long time friends, but when it comes to strangers, I overthink things and act really reserved.
Nov 29, 2015 9:27 AM
May 2015
no shit
you don't say
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what makes you send someone a friend request?

707supremacist - Apr 29

35 by traed »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you believe in near term human extinction or NTHE?

deg - Today

36 by traed »»
18 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy?

deg - Mar 29

47 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

20 by Dracowyn »»
48 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

704 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.