Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2008 4:36 PM

Feb 2008
I guess i have some dorky friends and some dorky family so i enjoy these kinds of games alot~ here is my list (also with ranking)

1.Wii Sports (Tennis/Bowling/Baseball + Wii injuries= Fun time ^^)
2.Madden (With My friends mostly... so much competitiveness)
3.Mario Kart 64 (Still play it with family~ Still use the hill shortcut in wario and toad STILL kicks ass)
4.Golden Eye (oh my middle school days~ so much fun)
5.Halo (Actually had Halo parties with crazy system links back in high school)
6.Super Smash (Funny how people end up actually fighting in real life...)
7.Guitar Hero Series (Fun but sometimes... people get too seriouse and quiet)

That's all i can think of on top of my head! Can you think of anymore?? Agreements or adding new ideas (and the reason why) or disagreements welcome! =)
Feb 24, 2008 4:38 PM

Oct 2007
Rock Band needs to be added before Guitar Hero

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Feb 24, 2008 4:59 PM

Sep 2007
Many of the ones you've mentioned are great and I love them.

I would say...

DDR: Crowd game. I'm personally bad/out of practice but I love watching people play ~in person~ the games.

Bomberman: Nobody would play with me. D: But I love this multiplayer game.

Mario Party: The n64 games were awesome. The newer ones? not so much.

Super Monkey Ball: Various party games are great and fun. It's an arcade game so the main mode is multiplayer.

Warioware: multiplayer mode is good, more of a crowd thing.

EDIT: All the games in the Mario Kart series are great party games.

Katamari games are (for the most part) single player, but I would say it's a crowd pleaser. Fun game to watch. :3 and play <3
KuronoaFeb 24, 2008 5:03 PM
Feb 24, 2008 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
JTO said:
Many of the ones you've mentioned are great and I love them.

I would say...

DDR: Crowd game. I'm personally bad/out of practice but I love watching people play ~in person~ the games.

Bomberman: Nobody would play with me. D: But I love this multiplayer game.

Mario Party: The n64 games were awesome. The newer ones? not so much.

Super Monkey Ball: Various party games are great and fun. It's an arcade game so the main mode is multiplayer.

Warioware: multiplayer mode is good, more of a crowd thing.

EDIT: All the games in the Mario Kart series are great party games.

I never played rockband so i wouldn't know (sorry?)

DDR- It used to b fun... but it's kinda freaky when everyone starts to watch in arcades xD

Bomberman: I used to play the 64 version at my cousins but it's def at the lower of the list... and haha i'll play with you~ if that's possible xD

Mario Party: I can't belive i forgot this! lol i'd put this right after Mario Kart! (I played everysingle one but i only own 3 it's the best in my opinion)

Supermonky: i love the boxing game xD my older cousin had it but went to colloge T.T
Feb 24, 2008 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
I don't play many party games, but I liked...

1) DDR. I don't actually DDR myself, but it's fun to watch and a good party game

2) Donkey Konga/Taiko Drum Master

3) Mario Kart 64

4) Super Smash Bros.- N64 version, GCN version, Wii version. All of them are great

5) Perfect Dark- much more fun than 007 Goldeneye in my opinion

6) Not a party game, per se, but the Tales titles are a lot of fun to play multi-player, especially if both parties have played before and know what they're doing.
federFeb 24, 2008 5:20 PM
Feb 24, 2008 5:22 PM

Sep 2007
^ Donkey Konga was fun, but the song list for the US version turned me off. Needed more "tropical" feel to it. Taiko drum master needed those Jpop... still not as bad as Donkey Konga IMO.

I've never played it, but Samba de Amigo was said to be a great party game, anyone play it? A Wii version is coming that's why I mentioned it.

EDIT: Also, if anyone played House of the Dead... another great crowd game. lol
Feb 24, 2008 7:10 PM

Jul 2007
Let's see, in no particular order:

Bomberman - Blowing stuff up is fun, now put that in a game where you blow up other people. There is a japan-only online PC game that used to have a crack to use in the US. Being able to play people all the time was really great. The computers get a little boring...
Iggy's Wrecking Ball - A N64 title that not many people know of. It is sorta a racer but you basically climb up a tower. VERY fun IMO.
Mario Kart Series - Whether it is the SuperNES or the 64 or even gamecube, this game is a blast to play with people. Looking forward to the one for Wii
Super Smash Brothers - Probably the best idea for a game EVER. Beating up on Nintendo characters... sweet! Brawl in 13 days!
Duke Nukem 64 - My favorite FPS because of the variety of weapons and special items (Jetpack!) Perfect Dark takes second.
DDR - I haven't done this in a while but it can be fun. I've never done it in a group before just with a friend or two.
Soul Calibur - Haven't done this in forever, but went and played the original Soul Calibur on the dreamcast with some friends, it was my first time playing the game (or the series) and I had a blast.

Lots of Wii games fall under this as well if they include multiplayer:

Wii Sports
Wii Play - the tank game is my favorite :P
Warioware
Mario Party 8 - not much different than any other Mario Party game but still pretty good.
Link's Crossbow Training - not quite multiplayer but I own this and have played it with other people. Everyone seemed to have a good time.
Feb 25, 2008 8:49 PM

May 2007
Definitely:

DDR, Smash Brothers, Wii Sports, Rock Band, Halo, Guitar Hero, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and Mario Kart...in no specific order.

I'd add in Mario Party, but I kind of lost my enthusiasm with those games after, what the 50th installment? Well, more like the 8th or 9th, but you guys get my drift.
Feb 25, 2008 9:39 PM

Jan 2007
Wario Ware and Mario Party. Better if completely wasted.
Feb 25, 2008 10:04 PM

Dec 2007
Mario Party is both the best and worst party game ever.

No such game has ever created such seething hatred. It's all fun and games until someone steals your stars.
Feb 26, 2008 11:40 AM

Sep 2007
Just to let you know, Mario Party 1-3 were awesome but the series was hit and miss later on. Mario Party 8 lost all the fun I had with the originals. >_>; Maybe if it was my first Mario Party I would of loved it but nope.

iwubanime said:
Iggy's Wrecking Ball

Hey I played that!
Apr 9, 2008 5:34 PM

Mar 2008
Mashed for PS2 - updated version of Micro Machines is ace

Bishi Bashi Special for PS1 was also a lot of fun with friends

Apr 9, 2008 7:41 PM

May 2007
Super Smash, Mario Kart, and Mario Part 4 seem to work, as well as some 2-d fighters like Street Fighter 2s or Mortal Kombat
My anime list
Apr 9, 2008 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
Yep, like most people said above me, Super Smash Brothers(all of them).
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Apr 10, 2008 2:59 PM
Nov 2007
Smash Bros and Halo 3. :P
Apr 12, 2008 3:47 PM

Oct 2007
rock band... end of discussion.

extremely casual players or people who don't usually play games pick it up. i had poker night for my birthday this year and we ended up not even playing poker. everyone just played rock band all night.
Apr 15, 2008 5:42 PM

Apr 2008
Rock band.

Apr 18, 2008 2:50 AM

Aug 2007
TimeSplitters 1, 2 and 3
WWE and or F Smackdown
Mario Party and Kart

NOT Super Smash Brothers. Why do people like them so much??
blah
Apr 18, 2008 3:07 AM
Feb 2008
An orgy.
Apr 18, 2008 6:27 AM

Jan 2008
My favorites would be
1. Super Smash bros. Brawl, preferably with all items on, random stage, and use joke characters
2. Mario Party 8
3. Bomberman 93
4. Club House Games
5. Time Splitters Future Perfect

Those are my top five
Also if you're really hyper, or just high if you're into that, you might find these games to be really fun, or if you're high, just leaving you wondering why that white candy bar with the blue lights tasted so bad

Picto Chat, even though it's not a game
any of the new pokemons, going underground
Super Mario Galaxy Coop,
Any of the old school mario games on 2p
Tetris DS, espicially if one of the people you're playing with is really pro, and it's 4v1 with him on +5 hanicap
Any of the nes games you get in Animal Crossing, especially Pinball and Balloon Flight
Also even though its not a video game, or even electronic Apples to Apples is really fun with large groups

Btw you can substitute any game thats in a series of the games that I mentioned, such as any of the other smash games, but the ones I said are my favorites,
Apr 18, 2008 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
Final Fantasy is damn awesome.

..That or i'm just weird, i always have FF parties >_>
Apr 18, 2008 8:16 AM

Sep 2007
opeth_syndrome said:
NOT Super Smash Brothers. Why do people like them so much??

Well, it's a 4 player fighting game that is simple on the outside but surprisingly deep once you figure out everything. Also, there's a single player mode that plays like a sidescrolling platformer. Perhaps you just like your fighting games with a larger moveset.
Apr 18, 2008 10:01 AM

Feb 2008
the best crowd game I own is DDR. so I think that one works real well
~BANDGEEK4EVER~
Apr 18, 2008 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
Super Smash and Rock Band. I've played both of these games with friends for like 8 hours straight (each), and found that I have yet to grow tired of them. I did, however, grow tired of my friends (lawl).
Apr 18, 2008 9:42 PM
Dec 2007
I have to say no doubt Rock Band. I've done all nighters at my friend's place with 3 others, playing rock band from afternoon till the next morning. Only problem was that my friend's place was an apartment and we sorta had to keep it down but that didn't really stop us from havin a hell of a time. Ehh, the supersmash bros melee and the wii version i can't say they can keep you playing all night long. They're good party games but like the mario party games, get boring regardless of havin friends over.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3538 by Mayron_Luctus »»
1 hour ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

532 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

150 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
6 hours ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

21 by whitebeartigtig »»
12 hours ago

» Contrary to popular belief, Windows 8.1 is still being supported RIGHT NOW

DesuMaiden - Apr 29

7 by whitebeartigtig »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.