Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2016 11:15 PM

Jan 2016
Kyros is really cool. One of my fav characters so fare
He has a different kind of fighting style cause he has not fruit eaten. he is just a hard fighter...I like him

He and Rebecca to be reunited is so damn cute!!!!
Sep 23, 2016 10:17 PM

Jan 2015
Señor Pink and Franky that conclusion >w<
Kyros is such a badass, watch out Diamante, this beast will not stop until you are cut down! ;3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Oct 29, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2010
If Senor Pink knows the pain of losing his wife and child so badly, why does he stay with Doffy who's done the same thing to other people like they tried to do with Rebecca and Scarlet to Kyros? Seems hypocritical or just downright selfish to me.
Feb 2, 2017 5:15 PM
Jan 2012
good final fight scene senor pink vs franky. That's best fight of Franky in manga in my opinion.

Nico robin using your power that's fantastic way. Make giant umbrella's of sunflowers so very fantastic form to using your powers.
Mar 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Ah, so the flashback wasn't over with last episode...
May 10, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2014
An all-around awesome and emotional episode!
The first half finished Senor's past as well as his fight with Franky- and I cried yet again.
What I'm really wondering though is whether his wife is still in that condition, or if she's now officially dead. I doubt we'll never know unless Franky does meet Senor for that drink in the far future.

Honestly though, that was Franky's best fight by far and I think that has a lot to do with the connection he had to his opponent. Those fights always make for the best and most interesting. Just like Doffy vs. Law.

Kyros' fight was pretty hype, and boy oh boy, do I hate Diamante. He's not even charismatic, likable trash like Doffy....he's just plain horrible. I'll be satisfied when Kyros destroys him!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2020 9:19 PM

Jun 2016
A part of me wished that the Senor Pink fight was all in one because it could serve as a perfect standalone episode. One that was amazing without needing to take in account of the rest of this arc. However, the direct parallel with some of the statements that Diamante and Kyros made did sell me the point of why these two would be sewn together. Just as Senor Pink seems to have lost a child and a wife, Diamante, one of his own family members, was sadistically talking about killing a father and his daughter. Where Pink ruminates on the pain of that experience, Diamante relishes in it. Further, Kyros stated something that was deeply powerful but also paralleled Pink in a direct way. When Diamante commented on Kyros’ one leg he stated: “I dedicated my missing leg to someone I owed a lot to and I’m proud of it”! I feel this is a similar notion with Pink’s baby outfit. It embodies the two people that he likely loved most in the world, Gimlet and Russian, and it’s dedicated to cherishing the smile that it was able to put on his love’s face. It’s why he was able to stroll through the streets confidentiality despite the Don Quixote family mocking him, and the civilians stating things like many of us did when we first saw him, such as what a weird pervert he was. What shame is there in the duty of making your loved one smile? None, there is only pride. Just as there is no shame in the leg that Kyros lost, there is only pride!

As for the Pink fight’s finish in specific, it was sweet. Franky could see the burden that Pink carried and Pink did chose to open up to Franky while in the duel, there was a connection there. Franky kept up the tough act while making sure no one saw his brother crying and while on the brink himself, and he promised that he’d help Pink relieve that burden one day if they ever got a drink. The overwhelming connection of two men being created through combat gives me intense Mihawk Zoro flashbacks and that’s a huge compliment. Honestly, this was more about Pink than it was about Franky but this was easily Franky’s most emotionally gripping fight. His others were all fun and interesting and funny and insane but this one had all of that but more. It was another bond of war brothers being created and the serious humanizing of Pink. From there, Franky charged into the factory to take his victory as the Tontatta knew it was their time and silently stomped alongside him. Time to destroy the place that has kept them enslaved once and for all. But only after Franky collapses too because it wouldn’t be right any other way. Good stuff Franky, you fought hard, in the toyhouse and here, and you had some nuanced motivations and emotions for sure.

Diamante used his power in awesome ways, dodging like Luffy at times, missing with his sword and curling it back, sending up “stardust” of spiked iron balls to rain and using an iron umbrella. His power is one that makes him a good boss fight. Kyros made a point to make me recollect on Whitebeard as he deflected the balls, got shot in the other leg, collapsed and pummeled, but stood once more to scare the pants off Diamante. It was some superhuman strength, but I guess that’s a dad’s love for his daughter. He knows what it’s like to have blood on his hands and I suppose we can call back on his line about killing Diamante, for to take him down they may have to kill and if so, he will be the one to do it. He’s already been corrupted, unlike Rebecca. Her compassion is the inherited will of Scarlet, something that should be preserved. It’s a nice notion and it looks like Diamante is going down.

Strawberrycake48 said:
What I'm really wondering though is whether his wife is still in that condition, or if she's now officially dead. I doubt we'll never know unless Franky does meet Senor for that drink in the far future.

Senor Pink stated that Gimlet and Russian were too high to reach because gravity persists. This and the way the clouds opened up to show the two both imply that like Gimlet who we know died, Russian also died. I'd assume probably sometime in the hospital.

Oomyung said:
If Senor Pink knows the pain of losing his wife and child so badly, why does he stay with Doffy who's done the same thing to other people like they tried to do with Rebecca and Scarlet to Kyros? Seems hypocritical or just downright selfish to me.

It's hypocritical but Senor Pink being a cold mafioso willing to kill and help a genocidal killer along with his former character design make me feel he may have a good heart, but he grew up in a world where this was strictly business. Further, as implied and literally shown with Gimlet, his family died. He would be alone in this world but since before he even met Russian he had another family, the Don Quixote family. As Doflamingo treats them better than his own blood, not that it says too much, I'm sure Senor Pink appreciates having them around and doesn't want to do them wrong. Most of the members are willing to die for Doflamingo and with Senor Pink's apology to him and maybe some earlier moments I've forgotten, I would expect Pink to be one as well.
May 25, 2021 3:13 AM

May 2016
This episode showed two real family men who are willing to do anything for the ones they love whether it's for their happiness or their safety.

They might be enemies as of now but I really hope that Franky will get to drink with Señor Pink one day.

Of all times to take up arms, it looks like now's not the time, Rebecca. Kyros had been waiting for a decade to protect his daughter and now is his one chance to do just that so there's no chance in hell that he'd pass this up!

Aug 14, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2019
Señor Pink vs Franky was such a great fight. So hard-boiled... Gotta respect the man.
Aug 28, 2021 5:32 AM

Aug 2021
The ost against diamante was too good

Kyros owned this ep
May 5, 2022 1:50 AM

Dec 2012
That's how you do a fight with the executives. I laughed. I cried. I rated 5/5. The others weren't bad, but this one easily brought back the spirit & spark that had been sorely missing in these minor battles.

Now Diamante, on the other hand, I don't care what he's gone through. That sinister bastard needs a thorough wrecking. At first, I was hoping Rebecca would use her evasion techniques to trip him off the edge or something, but I can better appreciate the significance of Kyros taking over at this point. It ties in nicely with their bond as father & daughter and also gives Kyros his own chance at redemption.
May 14, 2022 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Franky and senor's fight ended it was really great

Kyros is just too awesome
Sep 22, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
what a epic episode! the senior pink backstory goes hard asf
Oct 26, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2012
No esperaba una historia de por qué Señor se vestía así que me hiciera tanto sentido xd
Dec 24, 2022 3:45 PM

Dec 2021
Damn Señor Pink backstory was so emotional, he isn’t a villain in my eyes anymore, I would give him a hug if he wasn’t so hardo-boirudo~ And that line from Franky: ”If we ever see each other again, let’s go for a drink and talk about woman named Russian” got my eyes tearing up :’) two great men! Now I hope for Kyros to go batshit crazy and revenge Scarlet’s death.
Mar 20, 2023 4:58 PM
Jan 2023
This is the first ever episode in anime that make me cry
Jul 10, 2023 7:20 PM
Jun 2022
bruh my goat senor pink rip to da home girl Russian
Aug 28, 2023 2:30 AM
Oct 2019
Manly tears were shed.
I have respect for Señor Pink šŸ˜­
SO HARD-BOILED!!

Kyros moment at the end, god damm that nasty cliffhanger.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 416 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 5, 2009

87 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 415 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dinamet7 - Aug 29, 2009

104 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.