Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you show your kids(if u have any) to introduce anime to them

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2015 6:16 PM

Sep 2015
Idk, depends on the age my kid will be when/if I introduce him. If I showed him anime by the time he's ten or a little younger probably some classic Shonen like OP, DB, or Yu Yu Hakusho but if he was a little older then I'd probably show him FMA, Samurai Champloo or Death Note. They are all action packed and have little fan service and I think these are the best anime to introduce to someone who has never seen any before.
Oct 23, 2015 11:58 PM

Jan 2012
Probably something like Bakuman. or Kuroko's Basketball.
Oct 24, 2015 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
It depends on age but when they're say, 11-ish I might show them Ouran High School Host Club.
Oct 24, 2015 12:19 AM

Feb 2015
I would let the watch actual movies first..then probably when they have grown older,start with Perfect Blue
Oct 24, 2015 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
Boku no Pico.
Oct 24, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2012
Everyone who thought that was funny raise your hands. Anyone? Bueller?
Oct 24, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2015
riho88riho said:
Assuming YOUNG age -

Pokémon
Digimon
Card Captor Sakura
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball
Hamtaro
Sonic X
Chii's Sweet Home
Hello Kitty
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Studio Gibili Movies - most are probably OK
There are some others but I can't remember their names off the top of my head...

Assuming Teen - almost anything goes except for certain levels of brutality and/or sexual scenes

Oct 24, 2015 7:02 PM

Dec 2014
akira and EVA
Oct 24, 2015 7:08 PM

May 2015
-Mahesvara said:
Kara no Kyoukai
Fate/Zero
Psycho-Pass

My kid ain't going to be a little b*tch.
Love this aha
This is it!, are you ready?
Oct 26, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2014
TTGL, eww. (sorry)

I'd go with Kemono no Souja Erin or Mujin Wakusei Survive.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Oct 26, 2015 8:38 AM
Apr 2014
Night Shift Nurses.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Oct 26, 2015 11:02 AM
May 2015
I don't have kids but when I do I'll show them

Naruto
Sailor Moon
Wedding Peach
A little snow Fairy Sugar
My Neighbour Totoro
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Tutu
Fairy Tail
Oct 26, 2015 11:05 AM

Feb 2014
If my future kid was around 10-12, then Shows like Pokemon, Fairy Tail, Naruto and Studio Ghibli movies would be a good start.

At around 14-16, I think a mix of Non Non Biyori, Hanasaku Iroha and Madoka Magica would be good, depending if they prefer Slice of Life, Hard-working characters or gripping and dark stories.
Oct 26, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2013
If I had a little daughter, I would totally watch Aikatsu with her.
Oct 26, 2015 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
I have been giving this some thought. I don't have children, but I have a young niece, and one of my best friends has a young daughter. They are too young now to get much out of it, but in a few years, they will be ready. Dubs are best for younger children, but children who read well might be willing to cope with subtitles, and a subtitled show would provide some reading practice.

Most of what I watch isn't really suitable for anyone younger than teenagers, but I have seen a few that might be good possibilities.

Princess Tutu has the look and feel of a fairy tale, and its visuals and style of storytelling should appeal to young children. Children probably will experience it as a straightforward story, while adults can also enjoy its deeper layers. It is quite girly, so it might be hard to talk a boy into watching it. The English dub is unusually successful, so it would work for younger children who aren't fast enough to read the subtitles.

Sailor Moon is an obvious choice; it is fun and energetic. If it had been around when I was ten years old, I would have been hooked immediately. A new English dub has been made, but I haven't seen that version. I've only seen the original Japanese version. I hear that the original English version is somewhat bowdlerized.

Non Non Biyori seems like the sort of thing a child would like, although it might be too low energy for the most hyperactive children. It looks like there aren't any dubs, so it would only work for children who are fast readers and can cope with the subtitles.

Aria: The Animation and its sequels would be high on my list. It seems like many children would enjoy the vivid visuals and the imaginative fantasy world. Had it been around when I was a child, I would have immediately fallen for it. There is no English dub, unfortunately.

Tokyo Mew Mew is a very girly magical girl show that might appeal to some children. It is energetic, and it features a lot of fun monsters. It is rather violent, particularly at the end, so it might not be the best choice for sensitive children. Unfortunately, the complete series wasn't dubbed into English, and the 4kids English version, which covers about half of the series, is a notorious bowdlerization.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Oct 26, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
tokyo ghoul , gotta prepare him/her for the edgy teen phase
Oct 26, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
Shitcom obviously + Anything made by Takena Nagao.
Oct 26, 2015 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Mushishi I think =o
Oct 26, 2015 1:59 PM
Oct 2015
One Piece or Dragon Ball :)
Oct 26, 2015 2:27 PM

Sep 2012
I would show any of the popular shounen shows like One piece, Bleach, Naruto, DBZ. Maybe Sword art online or Attack on titan if they're a bit old since those titles are a good starter anime to watch.
Oct 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
DxD
Oct 26, 2015 4:21 PM

Jul 2015
FlamingMangos said:
I would show any of the popular shounen shows like One piece, Bleach, Naruto, DBZ. Maybe Sword art online or Attack on titan if they're a bit old since those titles are a good starter anime to watch.

Poor kids, why would you want to drown them in 2k filler episodes? I never liked DBZ that much, the anime was shitty compared to the manga, wich was shitty compared to Dragon Ball. If you want to please your kids, buy them Dragon Ball in manga, and show them something better than the anime ^_-
Oct 26, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
itt: people just posting their favorites w/o considering that the series is supposed to be for kids.

my neighbour totoro
lucky star
nichijou
smile precure
heartcatch precure
aikatsu
pretty rhythm: aurora dream
kobato
shugo chara
yuyushiki
yes precure 5

if the kid is a bit older, then maybe some shounen series like dbz, though they would probably already have their own preferences.
Clebardman said:
Poor kids, why would you want to drown them in 2k filler episodes? I never liked DBZ that much, the anime was shitty compared to the manga, wich was shitty compared to Dragon Ball. If you want to please your kids, buy them Dragon Ball in manga, and show them something better than the anime ^_-

the manga is quite perverted though.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 27, 2015 1:32 PM

May 2012
WeirdHeather said:
I have been giving this some thought. I don't have children, but I have a young niece, and one of my best friends has a young daughter. They are too young now to get much out of it, but in a few years, they will be ready. Dubs are best for younger children, but children who read well might be willing to cope with subtitles, and a subtitled show would provide some reading practice.

I suggest adding Chi's Sweet Home to your list. It's designed for families with young children so the texts are pretty simple. It can be hilariously funny, too.
Oct 27, 2015 5:09 PM

Sep 2013
Gundam Wing. Uncensored. I saw it when I was like 7 and I turned out fine.
Oct 27, 2015 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
If it's a boy: Captain Tsubasa.

Because that was the first anime I ever watched and I loved it at the time (although I wouldn't watch it today).

If it's a girl: Sailor Moon.

Because that show taught me that shoujo anime can be just as entertaining for boys, as it is for girls. And I grew to like it a lot.
Oct 27, 2015 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
To inreoduce my kid into anime. I will first start with Dragon Ball/Z, after that One Piece & Bleach & Hunter x Hunter 2011. After that I will show him Totoro and Mononoke Hime and other Studio Ghibli movies, and then he will be a full fledged anime lover.
Oct 27, 2015 9:23 PM

Jun 2015
the vanilla series by pink pineapple
Oct 27, 2015 9:55 PM

Feb 2014
Other than Pokemon (I won't count that as "anime"), probably Little Busters, since it shows themes of friendship and helping each other out during hard times.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 4 hours ago

17 by Pokitaru »»
1 minute ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

13 by LightWorker »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

78 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

53 by Shizuna »»
6 minutes ago

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - 26 minutes ago

2 by Atm0SS »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.