Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a setup episode, this was certainly packed full with a lot of content that made it enjoyable.

The battle between Ash and Carrie was a little short, but nice nonetheless.

Olympia's character was fleshed out a lot compared to her game counterpart. She was a tad freaky though.

And finally, that vision of Ash's Frogadier and it's future was a nice wave of the things to come.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Oct 25, 2015 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode, was very impressed.
Oct 25, 2015 9:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I agree. Olympia was much more interesting than in the game. Game wise I felt like she was too flat as a gym leader. Here she was able to show her personality in a much more natural way.

That vision of Frogadier's future. Nice.

Oct 25, 2015 10:53 PM

Feb 2014
Very good ep! BUT DAYUM THAT GYM LEADER SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME LIKE CHILL

Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
Rocksterrock said:
Very good ep! BUT DAYUM THAT GYM LEADER SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME LIKE CHILL

http://i.imgur.com/dv5JszK.png

She sees into your Soul.

Literally...

___ ___ ___

As for Ashninja... hmm... big green eye... hmmm.... sounds like this episode is made to promote the new upcoming movie.

PS: still pushing Mega Diancie as Creator of Mega Evolution, everything fits if you look into it.
amlgOct 26, 2015 10:55 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 26, 2015 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
mega evolution for greninja

CONFIRMED
Oct 27, 2015 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
Crisis? Time for Alan to meet Ash?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Oct 2014
I think Olympia was one of the least memorable gym leaders in the game. Changing her to a future-foretelling cult leader of some sort was certainly a big change.

Also, it was really cool to see the attack Future Sight. I remember when it was used first in the Johto Region, it was like a giant rainbow ball that appeared out of nowhere to hit the opponent.

MAL says this series has 93 episodes, and if that's true, then we're going to end on Ash's battle with Olympia. I'm kind of excited to see how pokemon xy&z goes.
Oct 27, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2014
amlg said:
As for Ashninja... hmm... big green eye... hmmm.... sounds like this episode is made to promote the new upcoming movie.
It's possible.

shuryukan said:
mega evolution for greninja

CONFIRMED

Nope, it's a form change.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed, but Olympia's voice actor is the same person who voices Tsunade from Naruto.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Dec 12, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
Sabrina or Olimpia. Idk who was much more scarier. Sabrina had that silent personality that gave the chills and Olimpia with them eyes alone gives anyone the chills.
Dec 16, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
Olympia is almost as scary as Sabrina! =O In the games she wasn't that memorable (although her gym looked amazing), but her personality really shows in the anime.

I'm still super curious about Ash-Greninja. I wonder if there's gonna be something similar for other Pokémon...I don't see why it would only be for Greninja. Hmm...

I cringed when they damaged the sundial >_< Ugh
Feb 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Olympia is like the leader of a cult! at the start of the episode I could hardly believe it was Pokemon. She was very odd.

I never got to the part with her in the games, haven't played X and Y that much lol.

So Greninja will mega evolve them cool.

Damaging the sundial was bad, I can't believe they thought they could manage to steal that huge thing, it obviously was not gonna work lol.
Oct 9, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
Sheryl is so fine.

Holy shit! Is Gojika having an orgasm?

Deep green eyes? First person I thought of was Kojiro.

LMAO at Kojiro parodying Prof. Okido's Holo caster. Got me screaming.

Grougon and Kyougre's epic battle was mentioned.

Of course Gekogashira is special.

Gojika gotta chill with these sudden orgasms.

Pretty great episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 21, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
Hmmm so this psychic gym leader runs a cult, cool, cool.

Kojiro imitating Ookido's show end segment was hilarious, don't think dub watchers will get that.

Yeah, Satoshi doesn't have green eyes, Kojiro/James does, but she seemed to be referring to the former. Or was it Gekogashira? Its eyes seem more yellowy to me though.
Feb 20, 2022 6:00 PM

Sep 2017
Mega Greninja lessgo. Mega Delphox and Mega Chesnaught while you're at it.

Frokie has some background. It's all about the power of friendship that will let it grow even stronger.

(no spoilers pls , ik whats gana happen btw.
I'm just saying it like if i didnt know what will happen next.)

All her future references
The world will end in fire.
Maybe a meteor will crash on earth like in Oras game?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.