Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2009 4:27 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was an amazing manga, but I can't really give it more than an 8/10. I guess I just lack suspension of disbelief.
Mar 14, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2008
Overall all it was mostly pretty good. It was surprisingly original for its age and mostly devoid of terrible cliches and the series did a pretty good job with the development of the main characters (though I still think Shion is a terrible, terrible person).

However, I find it kinda odd that this manga has been preaching about not being caught up by the past but Rin and Sakaguchi still end up together in the end. I mean disregarding Shion's memories, Rin is a 7 year old, even with that time skip at the epilogue he's only 12 still.

Also the non-reincarnated characters felt rather pointless to the story, they felt mostly like filler and the time dedicated to them could have gone to the other key characters seeing as present versions of Shusran (Sakura) and Hiiragi (Daisuke) didn't get much development at all.
Jul 14, 2013 12:09 AM

Nov 2009
Great series! It had its flaws but after ascertaining the main plot I thought I wasn't going to like it too much but I actually really enjoyed it.

I think MagEarwhig brought up one of the bigger flaws with the series, which was that Hiiragi had almost no development whatsoever despite the fact that he was the "leader", they didn't even really explain why he was a bad leader (Rin guilt tripped him but it wasn't clear why what Rin said actually meant anything to him), plus he also supposedly loved Mokuren yet unlike Gyokuran who was very verbal, or Shuukaido who was observing quietly he never actually did anything.

I feel like the ending might have been a tad bit rushed but honestly, the drama, and the aspect of these past selves projecting themselves on their present reincarnations through dreams, coupled with the fact that the past selves were a group of seven researchers from another planet that had quite a bit of drama up in space, actually made the whole thing quite interesting to read despite it not being what I would normally consider a great read.

Overall I really liked the series and would give it a 9/10, maybe 8.5 considering the flaws, but the fact that what it did do well, it did so much better than most other manga, I think it deserves a 9/10.
Apr 7, 2015 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
A very flawed manga. But damn was it entertaining to say the least.
It probably deserves lower than a 4/5 tbh but for the moment I'll stick with it.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 24, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Can someone please explain why Shion and Mokuren loved each other lmao... I still don't understand and it's honestly ruined the whole manga for me. Otherwise I really enjoyed it
May 3, 2019 8:22 PM

Dec 2017
MagEarwhig said:

However, I find it kinda odd that this manga has been preaching about not being caught up by the past but Rin and Sakaguchi still end up together in the end. I mean disregarding Shion's memories, Rin is a 7 year old, even with that time skip at the epilogue he's only 12 still.

I thought I was the only one who was bothered by that. It seemed like the two main characters never got over the past. I don't even know what I'm supposed to comment on the weird relationship, makes no fucking sense. Maybe it was a popular pairing and author caved in to pressure and paired them in the end, that makes a lot more sense to me.

iiKrina said:
Can someone please explain why Shion and Mokuren loved each other lmao... I still don't understand and it's honestly ruined the whole manga for me. Otherwise I really enjoyed it

I don't get that either. I can understand why they were obsessed with each other because of their upbringing, but how could they get over Mokuren's rape? I mean she didn't believe she was oved, and if I remember right Shion felt kinda guilty over it. I would also have preferred it if it was less romanticized. Mokuren not losing her mark because Shion really needed to look at her as a religious figure and not really loving her. That part was so contrived that I'm not even sure I read it right.

I get that that is what Mokuren thought Shion was all about, and for me it was beautifully tragic. But then SHion was like "I truly loved Mokuren but felt guilty over her rape", what? It didn't feel like he loved her when he raped her. Was the Mokuren's rape the reason she didn't lose her powers?
Jun 4, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2020
Reading these posts, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has very mixed feelings about this manga. Outside of Shion and Mokuren, all of the other characters feel like they exist just for the plot. Alice and Rin are far, far less interesting than their previous incarnations. Miroku, Jinpaichi and Issei are the only other relevant characters but they're forgotten after their contribution to the manga's drama quotient is over.

This entire manga revolves around Shion's and Mokuren's relationship but it does not make sense why Moruken loves Shion before he raped her and it makes even less sense after he does it. Shion treated her like shit consistently and unrelentingly. I know tsundere asshole male leads are common for shoujo manga but even by the asshole standards of other male shoujo leads, Shion is in a class of his own. Until he raped Mokuren, it made sense to me that he disliked her but then he was in love with her the whole time ? And she likes him because what ? She likes that he treats her like shit because no one else did ?

Overall, there is plenty to dislike about this manga and I would give it a 4 if it wasn't for the fact that I enjoyed Shion's and Mokuren's individual flashback arcs up until the rape. I believe those two parts are just very, very well written but the rest of this manga does not keep up with it. 5/10.
Oct 5, 2022 7:18 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
iiKrina said:

Same here. That evil cunt Rin is basically a karma houdini. Him and Shion causes the characters around them grief (half the heinous crap Rin commits classify as a crime) and harass the shit out of Alice/Mokuren (and Shion goes as far as raping her, poor girl). His reward is hooking up with alice and having a kid in the sequel. In other words, both Rin and Shion can rot in hell.
Oct 26, 2022 8:45 PM

May 2014
i absolutely adored this manga. the flashbacks to the home worlds were some of the most fun stuff. i loved reading the mangaka's little notes all along the way, it's such a wonderful little peak into a long past form of manga and art and fandom. a really wonderfully patched together sprawling shoujo drama, you don't really get stories like this much anymore

More topics from this board

» Any english translation of this out there?

phantomic109 - Dec 19, 2021

4 by crescensXG »»
Jan 18, 2022 11:22 PM

» Any english translation of this out there?

phantomic109 - Dec 19, 2021

0 by phantomic109 »»
Dec 19, 2021 4:40 PM

Poll: » Please Save My Earth Chapter 30 Discussion

fanty - Dec 16, 2009

4 by Keytee1 »»
Jan 22, 2021 4:01 AM

» Anime adaption

NAZMUS_SHADAT - Apr 8, 2019

2 by NthDegree »»
Apr 16, 2019 1:09 PM

» Chapters and volumes

iiKrina - Nov 23, 2018

8 by crocodileman94 »»
Feb 27, 2019 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.