Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 1:46 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuuhi doesn't look like an ordinary guy who would die easily^^ it seems that he also have some issues with his family. I don't think Aya will choose him over Tooya and seeing what he did to her, that sort of reduce his chances :D

Kagami is starting to irritate me, all he wants is capturing the tennyo and perform experiments on them >.< Suzumi doesn't look like she's safe now, hopefully she doesn't end up losing her life in this.
Apr 27, 2010 10:16 AM

Feb 2009
for some reason I can't get into the romance part of this anime...It feels to me like everyone is falling in love to fast. They barely even know each other.
Jul 23, 2010 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
This is really getting good now!!
I thought Yuuhi was in love with Ceres, not Aya. Or does he now see them as one and the same?
Suzumi is in trouble now. I hope she gets saved. I like her character!
Would someone please kill Kagami and soon?!?!?!
Where the hell is that grandpa while all this is going on?
Aug 26, 2010 2:53 AM

Feb 2010
This series just keeps getting better. This may be a contender for a favorite if this keeps up.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Mar 22, 2011 12:45 AM
Sep 2010
In an odd twist, I like the back story more than the actual characters, both because of a lack of development (how much can you do in such a short time span but still) and looks as all the bishies look the same to me.
Jul 11, 2012 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
anyone else wanted Yuhi to kick his brother in the face?
Sep 6, 2012 11:49 PM

May 2008
EuphoricField said:
for some reason I can't get into the romance part of this anime...It feels to me like everyone is falling in love to fast. They barely even know each other.

Yeah I'm pretty indifferent to it so far. There's really no reason for Toya and Aya to like each other when they've barely even had a conversation with each other. At this point Yuuhi and Aya is a more believable pairing.
May 16, 2014 9:53 AM

May 2008
I don't really like Aya. She says that she loves Toya but can't resist Yuuhi... what the hell does that mean? Sry Toya... my ass! She is just too greedy >.< She is aiming for the harem route alright! Ceres FTW!
CCL_SamaMay 16, 2014 10:03 AM
Apr 30, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
So the love triangle is officially confirmed. It would be interesting to see how it ends.

And that scene, where Aya introduces herself, with her feet on Yuuhi's brother head - brilliant :-)
Feb 25, 2017 7:27 AM

Aug 2016
I forgot how horrible this anime's pacing in terms of romance is....><
Mar 8, 2018 10:55 PM

Apr 2011
Yuhi forcing himself on Aya, with the intent to 'have sex' (rape. /smh.) Oh, yeah, he's such a nice guy.

Aya is emotionally vulnerable, she said as much in the shower, she just wants to be held, which is why she said she probably wouldn't have resisted him. She isn't a slut, she's isolated.

And so when Toya sensed she needed to be held, I totally felt my heart skip a beat. Maybe they fell in love a little fast, but I have a inkling that this pairing will end up being one of my favorites.

Oh, and If they kill Suzumi I will legit freak out.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Oct 11, 2018 5:48 PM
Oct 2018
Fucking Yuuhi using the situation to force himself on Aya... AGAIN...

I understand being sad, but you should never just take advantage of someone who shows some empathy towards you like that. He's irritating and this is all annoying.

All of this has, unfortunately, become an official love triangle now. Ugh.

Kagami is still being the worst, that MANIPULATING scum. He, the doctor from the previous ep., and the Mikage family patriarch are the characters I hate the most and I want Kagami & the patriarch to end up just like the doctor did!!!

I hope Suzumi is gonna be OK? I really like her, but they're obviously there for her. Also it's 100% clear now that Aya in her own shape has awesome telepathic powers~
Jun 10, 2020 11:42 PM
May 2020
the emotional connections in this are happening way to fast. i agree with previous poster who pointed out aya is isolated. it’s so obvious she is looking for connection and almost everyone is taking advantage of that,whether consciously or not. i really can’t trust yuuhi at this point but i’m not sure the anime is trying to frame him as a person who commits sexual assault or is erroneously conflating that with someone who loves her so much he ‘can’t help himself.’

i do think toya and aya have some sort of connection we haven’t seen yet, be it telepathic, or somewhere in his memories. who knows.

despite the rapey nature of the show, it is doing a great job of criticizing other patriarchal values and i really appreciate that about the story.

More topics from this board

» Series

Kelarie - Dec 11, 2009

2 by swirlydragonfly »»
Mar 8, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 1 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 14, 2009

12 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 26, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 24 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 18, 2009

18 by mikorinismyson »»
Aug 29, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 16, 2009

10 by Miryy »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:36 PM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 2 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 14, 2009

12 by Slimsith »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.