New
Dec 13, 2009 10:37 PM
May 2009
jfdlksaewraewlkjMay 10, 2011 12:22 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2009 11:17 PM

Oct 2009
lol @ the thread name

i openly admit that im an otaku because where i live ppl dont really care, theres also other otakus here. ;D
Dec 13, 2009 11:24 PM

Aug 2009
Not really. I would never wear anything anime related. It doesn't even look cool.
Dec 13, 2009 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
SoFarGone said:
Not really. I would never wear anything anime related. It doesn't even look cool.
^This..i remember some ppl wear Akatsuki's robe when he rode his motorcycle..and it looks..weird..no offend ..but..makes me laugh a little
Dec 13, 2009 11:42 PM

Feb 2008
Let's just say that if you were to meet me, you'd have no earthly idea that I was into anime. None.
Dec 13, 2009 11:47 PM
Oct 2009
i dont hide it but you can only see my power level with a scouter and its over 9000
but on the real tho... yea...i do hide it...im ashamed of myself
Dec 13, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2008
no, but i hide my penis size

Dec 14, 2009 12:05 AM

Nov 2009
my friends all know i'm a heavy addict to anime. but no, i don't make anime references or wear anime goods...wait, scratch that. i do have a last exile keychain but that's about it.
Dec 14, 2009 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
Sometimes, but mostly not.
But I tend to stand out because of my "weird" fashion sense.
I like to not blend in! xD
Dec 14, 2009 12:10 AM

Jul 2007
karny said:
Do you let others know that you like anime? Do you wear anime-related clothing, shout phrases/references, etc.?

As for me I refuse to let anyone I talk to outside of my home know that I like anime.
I refuse to associate with people that are openly otaku to avoid the embarrassment as well as the risk of social suicide.
To be honest I despise the anime fanbase and would probably avoid nearly everyone on this website if I saw them in real life.

What about you guys?

If people find out I like anime, I say "yeah" like its no big deal... because really, it isn't. Everyone my age has TV shows they watch religiously. Mine just come from another country. I have some shirts but I don't wear them often. Most only come out for anime conventions or when I'm staying home the day. The only thing somewhat Japanese-related I'll wear in public is my Battle Royale logo shirt, which always gets at least one response in public, and its always positive. Everyone loves Battle Royale.

And who the hell shouts catchphrases?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 14, 2009 12:53 AM
Aug 2009
unless someone ask's i don't say a word...

I'm a collector at heart...

started back in 2000/01 on vhs then moved to dvd i gave up counting the collection after i reached 2,000 anime dvd's last year and i'm still collecting to this day...

once i get my shelves i will likely do a stock recount from there... i'll know what the collection stands at...

as for fashion I don't bother with it as being in the 9-12xl kind of limits what I can and can't buy in the way of clothes, i'm not into merch scene either in regards to hats, plushies and figurines
takfuji200Dec 14, 2009 12:58 AM
Dec 14, 2009 12:53 AM

Mar 2009
karny said:
Do you let others know that you like anime? Do you wear anime-related clothing, shout phrases/references, etc.?

Sometimes I do talk about (watching) anime if people ask me what I do in my free time.
As for the second Q, hell no! Esp regarding shouting phrases. That's just crazy.
Dec 14, 2009 1:06 AM

Aug 2009
Geek, all of my real life frens know I am an anime addict. And yup, whenever I'm asked "What is your hobby?", I'd start replying "watching anime is my most fav thing".
As for wearing clothing, I've never done it b4, pretty much cuz of I'm not a shit bit interested in cosplaying. And I do think there is nth wrong with shouting phrases sometimes, though it's not good to do that always or usually.

karny said:

As for me I refuse to let anyone I talk to outside of my home know that I like anime.
I refuse to associate with people that are openly otaku to avoid the embarrassment as well as the risk of social suicide.
To be honest I despise the anime fanbase and would probably avoid nearly everyone on this website if I saw them in real life.

What about you guys?

Dun worry. I also dun wanna see you. Glad we are from different sides of the world. Seriously, what's wrong with being an otaku? why should we feel embarrassed when ppl know we are otaku?
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Dec 14, 2009 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
You guys obviously aren't doing it well enough.

LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Dec 14, 2009 1:08 AM

May 2007
Yes, I never tried being open but soon people will know anyway since I do a lot of work involving anime.
Dec 14, 2009 1:10 AM

May 2009
I like anime so if someone asks me I'll say yes, but I don't go around shouting anime phrases or telling people about the episode i just watched. And anime clothing really, really bothers me. its so cheesy. so basically i like anime but I'm not advertising it.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Dec 14, 2009 2:44 AM

Oct 2008
Anyone who knows me knows that I like watch anime, but I don't show it to everyone with t-shirts and stuff.
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Dec 14, 2009 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
I don't go around hiding the fact that i am an anime fan. I am not embarrassed about it or anything like that. I just don't own much anime merchandise, money is tight as it is no need to piss it away like that.
Dec 14, 2009 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
I don't. Here, kids who love animu are kool kids. Also,
BubbleCup said:
lol @ the thread name
Dec 14, 2009 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
I wear anime t-shirts and talk about it to my sisters

But other than that i don't talk about it with people unless they bring it up
i am quite shy about my interests..other than the t shirt wearing thingo
Dec 14, 2009 4:11 AM

Dec 2009
As the general trend of answers to this thread, if they ask or they manage to make me start to talk about hobbies, probably my taste for anime will show up, but don't wear clothes of things like that... not my style.
Although, if they manage to enter in my house (somehow xD), they will instantly know that i like anime, between other things, when they look my shelves :P
"The past will often attack the present with the pain of your memories."
"There is no wish that doesn't come true."
"The brain is a microcosm creating its own stories. People then live out these stories."
"Time does not exist. Only the illusion of memories exist."
"Existence does not rely on matter. Everything is phantom."
"The waking dream called the world is constantly changing. What's so sad about that?"
"Pure perfection has no past. That is how you live perfectly."
"How can you say you are a phantom?"

Seiichi Kirima
Dec 14, 2009 4:21 AM

Mar 2009
It's not like i try to hide my anime hobby or anything, but i'm not exactly shouting it out to everyone either. If conversation is going that way then fine, i go ahead and even sometimes go bit in depth if others don't look suicidal already.

Dec 14, 2009 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
I definitely don't go around advertising it but I have a couple of friends who like it so I talk about it with them sometimes. I have never met any self-described "otaku" or people who wear anime clothing. My family all know I like it and they make fun of me haha. But I don't really care if people find out, it is just a hobby nothing to make a big deal of.

However I'm not in high school anymore so it's different, I don't have to worry about the "social stigma" as much I guess
Dec 14, 2009 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
I don't hide it, but I don't flaunt it either.
Dec 14, 2009 5:14 AM
Nov 2009
Laevantein said:
SoFarGone said:
^This..i remember some ppl wear Akatsuki's robe when he rode his motorcycle..and it looks..weird..no offend ..but..makes me laugh a little

Rofl I tried that before. People stared at me like "Wtf".I wish i had a camera.

I might paint akatsuki clouds on car. All black and red XD. Also make my head and tail lights Sharinghans.
VegaplusDec 14, 2009 5:18 AM
Dec 14, 2009 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
feder said:
I don't hide it, but I don't flaunt it either.

this
Sig deleted for being too large.
Dec 14, 2009 5:21 AM

Aug 2009
Only those who possess eyes of shinigami can see my lvl
Dec 14, 2009 6:12 AM

May 2008
I don't go around showing off my power levels, but I don't hide them either.
It's one of those things that, if it comes up, it comes up.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 14, 2009 7:20 AM

Apr 2009
I don't care if people know I like anime or not. I'm one of those people that you would never guess liked it, so they usually just say, "Oh, wow."

If I came across somebody who liked it as much as I do, they instantly become a good friend of mine. I don't see a reason, at least not for me, to shy away from anime related things. Even clothes.
Dec 14, 2009 7:20 AM

Oct 2009
i dont particularly try to hide it, im usually reading some manga or other when im out. but the clothes and catchphrases etc are sad and when i see people like that it makes me want to facepalm
Dec 14, 2009 7:29 AM

Oct 2008
Most of my friends know I watch anime and try to mock me but I either ignore it or I tell them to watch a serie and they start watching it too. hehehe
Besides that you might see me reading a manga now and then.
Dec 14, 2009 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
Close friends that watch anime know it. I don't like to say it in the open because there will be a stereotypical 'ehhe he likes chinese cartoons'-reaction but I don't try to hide it either.

Merchandise, meh. An anime doesnt look half as cool if it doesn't have animation. Music is cool though, my ringtone is Franky's theme (One Piece, obviously :P).
Dec 14, 2009 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
Almost everybody knows i watch anime and nobody gives me hard times,except my girl(but that's for other issues)..
Same goes for the videogames.
Dec 14, 2009 9:39 AM

Sep 2008
Not really there's no anime clothing I would wanna be caught wearing. Most of it looks like shit or it's from obscure anime no ones gonna get.

Walking into college wearing a Nana shirt or a Spice and Wolf shirt would be kinda weird.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 14, 2009 9:59 AM

Oct 2007
i dont openly talk about my otakuness, but if people ask, i go "yes, i like to watch anime"

i dont flaunt my power levels, but i do dress "somewhat" anime. people can tell that its somewhat more asian styled. i get a lot of fashion ideas from anime.

-i love to wear over the knee black socks with a skirt.
-and also.. you know Mio from K-ON... in the ending song shes in the gothloli dress and she has three lines of eye makeup under her eye. I do that sometime, and IMO it looks pretty awesome... (the funny thing is i tried to watch it once, prob will never try to watch KON again)
-i also have a shana alastor necklace (altho i dislike the Shana shows) which I wear sometimes... cuz its actually a pretty nice piece of jewelery.
- ive also tried to do the yellow haruhi hair ribbon. but it turns out, yellow is not my color.

my friend (male) has an FMA pocket watch. and just because he dresses metro, he looks really cool flipping it open to check the time.

showing some of your power level without making a complete fool of yourself (like not everyone wants to know you are over 9000) is doable.
Dec 14, 2009 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
rebekahlol said:
I wear anime t-shirts and talk about it to my sisters

But other than that i don't talk about it with people unless they bring it up
i am quite shy about my interests..other than the t shirt wearing thingo

I tend to be shy about my interests too, not so much anime, but Classical music lol.

But anyway, back on topic, I think I'm "openly" otaku and don't have to come out of the "closet". I still speak Japanese when in public, like I"ll yell "KAWAII" if I see something or someone that's cute, or I'll say "Iitai" instead of ouch, just those sort of things..... I don't see anything wrong with BEING YOURSELF. Of course, when I'm in public, I act "normally", I guess, but that's just because I'm super laid back........if I didn't talk in public, I don't think you'd be able to tell I was an otaku.
MurasakebaraDec 14, 2009 10:13 AM
Dec 14, 2009 12:12 PM

May 2009
Neah i don't hide it. and my poor friends often ask me to stop brainfucking them ^^
Dec 14, 2009 12:24 PM

Oct 2008
I have an Evangelion T-shirt I got a few years back I still wear, but aside from that I don't really advertise that I like anime.

I'm pretty involved with my school though. I'm the president of our anime club plus a founder of several clubs and a regular member of most of the available extracurricular activities. Needles to say, everyone in the school, especially underclassmen, know me or of me. Anime is just a part of who I am and if people want to talk about it, I talk about it.

However, if I see someone with a messenger bag covered in pins and patches and key-chains on the shoulder of someone in a t-shirt wearing and a headband, I will never associate with that person.
Dec 14, 2009 3:08 PM
Apr 2009
in australia, no one knows what anime is so no one really knows i watch it.

plus if i told them they wouldn't even care anyway
Dec 14, 2009 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
I swear that there was a thread exactly like this and that someone answered the title of this one.

And no. I can't hide my power level, it's too high so it bursts even when I try to camouflage.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 14, 2009 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
I wouldn't go randomly blurting it out to everybody, but if someone asks me if I watch anime, then yeah, I'd say I do. :P
Wearing an anime shirt? No. But if I had a less than three shirt, maybe. Just maybe.
Dec 14, 2009 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
karny said:

What about you guys?

Yepp ;D
Dec 14, 2009 4:41 PM

Apr 2009
I don't advertise it. I have a shirt from a con, but i usually use it to sleep in. All my friends are into anime though, so they know, but I don't care to shove my interests down other peoples throat.
Dec 14, 2009 5:11 PM

Jun 2009
I'll admit to anyone that I like anime. Hell I play Yugioh at school everyday at and wear my Yuki Nagato keychain sometimes.
Dec 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
Renagade07 said:
I'll admit to anyone that I like anime. Hell I play Yugioh at school everyday at and wear my Yuki Nagato keychain sometimes.

I wish people where I'm from still played yugioh. I still love it T-T
Dec 14, 2009 5:18 PM

Jun 2009
Xana-The-Divine said:
Renagade07 said:

I wish people where I'm from still played yugioh. I still love it T-T

lol I just went and bought Stardust Overdrive special edition and Gold Series 2, got some awesome pulls ^_^
Dec 14, 2009 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
i dont hide it perse, if it comes up in conversation i do not deny that i am an anime nut but in all honesty it rarely comes up, although it is nice when i come across the odd person i can 'talk anime' with
Dec 14, 2009 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
I will never tell a soul other than the internet.

Dec 14, 2009 5:33 PM

Oct 2009
I'd never shout catchphrases 'cause I'd make me sound like a tool. :P

If people ask, I'll tell them I watch it from time to time. In my nerdy friend circle I think all of them watch anime atleast alittle bit.

But I don't think I'd wear a anime shirt, it'd look tacky.
Dec 14, 2009 5:35 PM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't be caught dead with an anime t-shirt or messenger bag. The designs are uniformly terrible, and they rarely make them to fit women, anyway.
I do however have chibi keychains and whatnot and I sometimes take fashion cues from anime, such as high socks with leather shoes, little cardigans, etc. Also, I like to colour my hair in unnatural shades so I've had the comment "You look like an anime character!" from friends before (and not really in a nice way, either...)

There's a surprisingly large population of visible weeaboos in my city though.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 12 hours ago

21 by Orokanatenshi »»
4 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 16 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 51 minutes ago

11 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.