Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2008 1:42 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just a clarification episode, I think? And some character developments for CC and Lulu.
Mar 1, 2008 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
I liked this one, mao was an interesting side story
Apr 8, 2008 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
Some titties, a little bit more information about the Geass, and we saw Lulu totally out play Mao.

I also thought it was interesting to think about conquering the Geass versus having it conquer you, but really the Geass wouldn't conquer a person, only that own person could defeat themselves.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
May 14, 2008 12:01 AM

Jan 2008
Good, Mao's gone, he was getting on my nerves.
Lulu owned him!
May 14, 2008 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
@^
Hahaha! Even when Lulu owned him; Mao's Geass is too weak for use and combat. It's just for spying and stuffs. XD
May 14, 2008 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
mao was just crazy in love, one should how far someone would go....
wow i didnt expect to see some tits, it threw me off guard.
she forgot her memory? good haha i hope he does some good for the black knights. yey some more development between CC and Lulu. once again Lulu is the only one with the geass (i hope)

PS LULU so proved CC wrong that he couldnt beat mao.. i wonder what will happen when Lulu fully develops his powers... the 1 time limit would be gone? the mind control works through tv?
May 15, 2008 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
^
You need to watch it. XD You mean by fully develop? IT'S PURE DISADVANTAGE. LOL!

I didn't see tits in these episodes. LOL!!!! *eye blink*
Jun 12, 2008 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
CG is turning ecchi!!! >.<

That was odd O.O.... and Mao was being evil-ish... I didn't like him in the first place... he prolly deserved to die :P

StabbyPWNSJun 20, 2008 5:24 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 21, 2008 10:56 AM
Apr 2008
babykeiji said:
@^
Hahaha! Even when Lulu owned him; Mao's Geass is too weak for use and combat. It's just for spying and stuffs. XD

Indeed, but hey, it comes handy in chess :)

--

This episode was refreshing ^^ Mostly, because Mao died ( god, i wish i could forget that clapping -.-' )
Jul 27, 2008 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
I was surprised to see tits. Nipples too! CG just seemed too "mainstream" for it... But after the masturbation scene a few episodes ago I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Thumbs down on the C.C.xLulu relationship advancement... More of a step back than anything - It doesn't look like they're couple material.

Mao was an interesting character, I must say. Glad they ended it there though, Zero has enough enemies as it is..
Aug 2, 2008 9:24 PM
Nov 2007
Rethice said:
the masturbation scene a few episodes ago
lolwut? o-o
Aug 13, 2008 8:44 PM

Feb 2008
crowslayer91 said:
Rethice said:
lolwut? o-o

Nina - with the picture of Euphie. Around episode 10ish i think - not sure. Probably the only chick in CG they could have do it and it not be hot.
Aug 19, 2008 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
haha he predicted his answers, friken sweet
Aug 23, 2008 9:30 AM
Aug 2008
I think it was episode 13 that the masturbation scene was at, it kinda caught me off guard, actually.

As for episode 15, it was pretty good. I kinda thought that C.C. was making up a story when she said that she was leaving Lulu, wasn't entirely sure though. I liked mao, but I'm kinda glad that he was killed, because if he lasted any longer I'm not sure how much I'd tolerate him, but I liked that there was more to the Geass than just Lulu's
Aug 24, 2008 11:44 PM

May 2008
that was sweet.
Aug 28, 2008 1:04 PM
Apr 2008
That was awesome... Very Light-esque plan.

And we get some LuluxC.C. sort of.

I liked it when Lulu talked to Mao with his mind, but the police all thought Mao was talking to himself :) Excellentness.

Sep 9, 2008 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, nothing really big for the main plot anyway. I felt pity for Mao, he was obviously too young when he received his geass...
Dec 4, 2008 6:53 AM

Oct 2008
Thanks god Mao died...

Villetta is very sexy. I vote it for she as the best female character of the series. I want more fan service from she :P
Jan 11, 2009 4:28 PM

Sep 2008
much better ep thanthe last one. Although I'm hoping the series doesn't get too emotional like it has been like the last few eps. I want more "thinking" and mechas.
sunshinesanMar 13, 2009 1:17 AM
Jan 26, 2009 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
Trojun said:
crowslayer91 said:
Rethice said:
lolwut? o-o

Nina - with the picture of Euphie. Around episode 10ish i think - not sure. Probably the only chick in CG they could have do it and it not be hot.

she was masterbating? but she has her clothes on. And I think it was her head that was moving up and down due to mental unstability.

Mao kinda creeps me out due to the fact that she was gonna slice C.C. up. It was retty disturbing.

Feb 2, 2009 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
thank goodness clappy dude's gone >.< though in the end I felt really sorry for him - why C.C gave him the geass I have no idea ¬___¬ maybe just because she's mean. and then she gets all upset when he dies after she abandoned him years ago.. (facepalm) but yes, Lelouch was very clever thinking of a way to get around Mao's geass so kudos to him ^w^

and and I'm not entirely sure that if I was in the chairman's position I would just readily accept that Shirley was pretending not to remember Lelouch (facepalm again)

though on a positive note, I am loving the new songs =w= op's chorus = win
Mar 15, 2009 7:46 AM

Jan 2009
Okay. Just one thing. :) Lulu is awesome. xD Finally, a strategic character I can love.
Mar 22, 2009 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
good episode~
can't wait to get to the second season..
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Apr 6, 2009 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
akuma2002 said:
I felt pity for Mao, he was obviously too young when he received his geass...

Yeah I pity him too.. poor guy! >.< I guess it was very obvious he was going to die but.. I thought CC was going to be the one to do it.
HEY!
Apr 28, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
i kinda feel sorry for mao... all he had was C.C. right? ever since he was young...
Jun 4, 2009 11:54 AM

Feb 2009
Mao was kinda pitiable & C.C was great!!
I think she's the best female charecter in the series!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Jun 30, 2009 4:32 AM
Jun 2009
You all say that mao was pitiable but he was not, he even tried to f****ing kill C.C. with A CHAINSAW!!! I am glad he is dead. and by the way, nice boobies O_O
Jul 3, 2009 11:03 AM

Jun 2009
AURGH! THE CHAINSAW! I am going to have nightmares! I don't think there was any Pizza Hut product placement in this one was there?
Jul 18, 2009 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
Mao is freakin insane! Though I do feel kinda bad for him cause he his a pretty tragic charater. It would suck to have to go through life listening to others thoughts and being unable to control it.

Like that Mel Gibson movie.

Oct 18, 2009 2:32 AM

Sep 2009
Lelouch is awesome!
Dec 23, 2009 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
OMG, I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE MAO'S GEASS.

At the beginning of the amusement park scene, I said "alright, now Mao's either going to say he loves her and they are going to ride on the attractions happily OR he's going to draw out a chainsaw and try to kill her. And the second one would be cooler".

GEE, I SWEAR I SAID IT.
Jan 16, 2010 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
Interesting. I'm glad he died, he was getting on my nerves. But the one thing I did not like was what Lulu did to Shearly.
Jan 20, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
poketonip said:
OMG, I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE MAO'S GEASS.

At the beginning of the amusement park scene, I said "alright, now Mao's either going to say he loves her and they are going to ride on the attractions happily OR he's going to draw out a chainsaw and try to kill her. And the second one would be cooler".

GEE, I SWEAR I SAID IT.

Hahahaha. You're awesome. <3
Feb 25, 2010 1:29 AM

Feb 2010
Fairly decent episode. I'm definetly glad that Mao wasn't a permanent character though.
Mar 1, 2010 11:49 AM

Nov 2009
Good Mao is a goner now. Didn't like him.
We already could see implications with Shirley.
Mar 14, 2010 10:04 PM

Mar 2010
lol, Mao's Geass is annoying
May 29, 2010 10:22 PM
Jul 27, 2010 3:30 PM

Jul 2010
Mao T_T
thankfully he is not dead
Sep 15, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh. I felt terrible for Mao... especially after C.C. explained that he was only 6 years old when he received his Geass, and that she was the only human being he had ever bonded with. Talk about a permanent Oedipal Complex. But, yes, he was horribly obnoxious and APPLAUSE-happy.

Ohohoho, Villetta has convenient near-death amnesia! And a banging body.
Nov 1, 2010 1:31 AM
Jul 2010
sunshinesan said:
much better ep thanthe last one. Although I'm hoping the series doesn't get too emotional like it has been like the last few eps. I want more "thinking" and mechas.

Well, this episode had no mechas (except for the police's Knightmare) but had plenty of thinking I guess. I loved the way Lelouch was able to beat Mao. He used his own power against him. Having known people's thoughts all his life, Mao never had to think a lot for himself as he always had the upper hand and never needed to predict anyone's moves or thoughts 'cause his geass was more than enough. Lelouch used that in his favor and his move was just great. Especially calling the police and saying the kidnapper was on Refrain. Amazing.

However, Mao's story sure was sad. Having received the geass at the age of 6, I'm sure he didn't remember much of his life without it and with such a geass, I understand why the guy went crazy. I think he was a nice character but I'm glad this subplot (as amazing as it might have been) is over.

CC was really nice on this episode. Though I don't really like her, I'm starting to understand why she's such a famous character. Because up until now she was just an apathetic wired woman. Oh, and what's her wish by the way? She makes a contract with Lelouch and gives him the geass though she never tells him what she wants from that.

By the way, do you think she would die if she was cut into pieces with that chainsaw?

-Chrissi-chan- said:
and and I'm not entirely sure that if I was in the chairman's position I would just readily accept that Shirley was pretending not to remember Lelouch (facepalm again)

Hum... What more could it be? I mean, yeah it was a weak excuse but even if she suspected it had more to it, what about it? A normal person would never suspect something supernatural to have happened...
Dec 28, 2010 12:28 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, having the Geass at 6 must be devastating. It's not like a child would be able to control it. Rather, an orphan would most likely abuse it so that he can feel close to others. (So close he can read your mind) And seeing Mao now shows how crazy it is to have such power at a young age. Poor guy. :(

I like Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship now.
Jan 22, 2011 1:54 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Mao :(

Jan 25, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2010
Mao is finally dead
Jun 1, 2011 6:10 AM

Feb 2010
Mao had a terrible life, and he can finally RIP... annnnd...No more clapping/maniacal laughing... thank gawdd.

Lelouch was awesome this episode.

The Shirley "i'm pretending to forget you" segment was kinda weak... but whatever.

Onward to the next episode...
Feb 4, 2012 6:24 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man dem titties
Mar 8, 2012 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
Hm, I thought Mao was going to be bigger than two episodes -- but I guess Suzaku is already Lelouch's foil, so all's well.
Jul 28, 2012 2:14 PM
Jul 2012
Good episoe.
Finally Mao is dead.
Really liked cc and lelouch coulpes
Aug 5, 2012 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
Man, I liked this episode a lot. Had some good stuff in it.

This episode made me like Mao. In the previous episode, I just thought he was some stuck-up asshole trying to mess with Lelouch for no reason. But his story really is sad. Having to live like that with his mind-reading Geass since he was a kid must have been a real hardship, and having C2 as his only companion shows how attached he must have been to her. Even if Mao did go crazy and try to hack up C2, it's only because C2 made herself so endearing to him by mothering him. He just didn't want anyone to take her away, so he wanted to chop her up, stuff her in a box or something, fly over to Australia, and live peacefully with her forever. But his insane love ended with him getting shot to death.

Soo tragic.. But enough with that sad stuff. This episode made me think "Jeez, C2 is a super complex character." I mean, what is her goal exactly? What is she trying to get out of putting Geass into people? I guess when she gave it to Mao, she was just trying to make his life as an orphan easier, but why did she abandon him and let him go totally insane? So far, I don't like her that much.

Anyways, my favorite part of this episode was learning that the Britannian soldier lady has amnesia. That's, like, soo perfect. The last episode actually had me worrying that Lelouch's identity as Zero would be revealed soon by either Shirley or her. Well, Shirley's memory got wiped, so I was wondering what the soldier lady, Villetta, would do when she regained consciousness or whatever. But it turns out she got amnesia! Really convenient for Lelouch, huh?

I gotta admit it; I think amnesiacs are frickin' adorable. They're always so lost and clueless. And this time, it's a super-beautiful lady who has no idea she was a high-ranked soldier in the military. It doesn't get cuter than that in my opinion, haha! I'm just happy she's not dead, and I think it's interesting how that Ohgi guy found her and took her back to his place. I bet things are gonna get pretty entertaining between them.

Oh, and I'm sure everyone's seen them already, but...

I was very delighted to see Villetta's boobs. I really was not expecting that. Nice.

Well, this stupid post is getting way too long. Great episode. Can't wait to see more!
Aug 29, 2012 11:11 AM
Jul 2012
underMebius said:
Trojun said:
crowslayer91 said:
Rethice said:
lolwut? o-o

she was masterbating? but she has her clothes on. And I think it was her head that was moving up and down due to mental unstability.

Mao kinda creeps me out due to the fact that she was gonna slice C.C. up. It was retty disturbing.

She was masturbating*. She had her clothes on, but she was rubbing herself against the table corner, that's how she did it.
Sep 30, 2012 4:04 AM

Dec 2010
I love side-story episodes, they make the animes so much better ^__^ That's why an anime better has 24-26+ episodes, because otherwise there isn't really much time to include these.

Nice clarification and character development.

The OP and ED aren't so bad after all, I still like better the first ones tho.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.