Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Naruto or Shippuden?
Aug 3, 2015 3:21 PM
May 2015
I know Naruto Shippuden is the continuation of Naruto, was just wondering if you liked the first or second part better. and if you feel up to it why did you feel that way.
Aug 4, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
Naruto. Shippuuden was very entertaining for the first 250 episodes, but then...
Aug 4, 2015 7:02 PM

May 2010
Not easy to choose... Naruto had some of the most memorable fights, and chuunin exam was really fun. But I'd still probably go with Shippuuden after all - Akatsuki stuff, especially a few first arcs, were damn epic. But I still have nightmares about that absolutely terrible animation during Pain's fight...
Aug 5, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
Shippuden cuz:

tsudecimo said:

I love it, more than Naruto. My favorite character in the series in it, Kushina. My favorite arc is in it, Pain Invasion arc. I liked that the ninja world outside of the village is being explored. From the first arc, I was highly impressed by Sakura, and her development, both mentally, and physically. Her relationship with Naruto, was one of the key elements in her development, she started to deeply care for him, even crying at some points, and I appreciated that. Her fight with Chiyo vs Sasori, still remains one of my favorite fights in the series, beautifully choreographed with a great ending (before it, I thought the concept of dolls manipulation to be quite dull)

I like the main antagonists of Shippuden, way more than Orochimaru and the sound. Not only was the Akatsuki much cooler, they had one of the best written antagonists among them, Pain. I liked how the arcs were constructed around them.

There are some characters that I strted liking more in Shippuden. Mainly, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Hinata, Sakura. Hidan and Kakzu arc, was well done, I loved that it was focused on Shikamaru. Felt his development was subtle. The episode where he tells Kurenai was beautifully directed, like you wouldn't even believe this was part of a long running action series, felt like cinematography, very atmospheric.

I found the character development and characterizations to be overall better in Shippuden. While I really liked Sasuke in part 1, I didn't really expect him to become one of my favorite characters later in the story. He is quite possibly the best developed character in any shounen series I've read/watched, quite expansive, unique, and heart wrenching. The plot twist with Itachi, is one of my all time favorites, before it, I liked Itachi but not that much, but I was blown away after it.

I like the thematic narrative more in Shippuden. The theme about the cycle of hatred, really captured my attention, during the Pain arc. Pain's dialogue was quite strong, and memorable.
''You and I are no different. We are both working for our own justice. The justice I have meted out against Konoha, is exactly the same as you are trying to meted out against me. Everyone feels the pain of loss the same. We both know that pain. You are working for your justice and I for mine.''

''Do you understand Pain a little now? If you don't share someone's pain, you can never understand them. But just because you understand them doesn't mean you can come to an agreement.''

His dialogue and interaction with Naruto was really engaging and interesting, possibly more than the actual fight itself.

I like the fights more, I like the animation more, I like the music more, I like the OP/ED more. But more importantly of all I love the emotional moments more, if I have to pick a specific reason, it would definitely have to be this. Naruto meeting Kushina is just my favorite scene and episode in the whole series, and in general, it was legitimately the first time I cried watching fiction, I was just overwhelmed with joy during it. It gave me a sense of satisfaction, that I didn't find in any other work.

I might be missing some stuff, but generally I don't think got worse except the pacing in some arcs (mostly the first two arcs) and I didn't like how Neji and Rock Lee, got neglected, though Gai kinda makes it up for Lee's lack of screen time.
Aug 5, 2015 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
There's a lot more Akatsuki in Shippuden, so Shippuden.
Aug 5, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2015
Definitely choosing Naruto Shippuden. Naruto was very nice and I loved it a lot, but if I'm honest, Naruto Shippuden was a lot more interesting, at least to me. We can see Naruto has really grown up and he has become a lot stronger, which I think is really amazing.
Aug 5, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
Naruto, there is consistent growth for Naruto all throughout, no arc is bad, and even the filler is decent. Though the climax of the whole series is in Shippuden and a lot of the most powerful scenes.
Aug 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
As I recall, Naruto outclassed it in consistency, pacing, restraint, tension and build, but I'm gonna have to take off my nostalgia goggles and say Shippuden just had higher highs with everything on a more bigger scale.

At the end of the day though, they're both NARUTO just at different stages of its growth.
Aug 11, 2015 4:27 AM
Dec 2013
Shippuden because it has at least 6 standalone episodes that I can rewatch over and over again, compared to Naruto Part 1, which only has 1 standalone episode I can rewatch over and over. I also felt indifferent to Naruto Part 1 for the first 80 episodes, while in Shippuden, I liked it from the start.
Aug 16, 2015 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
Naruto: Shippuuden, because Akatsuki is in it. However, I don't like the fact that some characters became so God-like close to the ending...in that aspect Naruto is better, imo.
Come here and play with my darkness
Aug 16, 2015 2:37 AM
Oct 2013
Shippuden definetily.

I think most people just have to rewatch part one. I did and was pleasantly surprised how good it actually was. However people have to rewatch Shippuden as well and by that I mean skipping filler.

The Invasion of Pain arc is the best arc in Anime Period imo.
Everything regarding the character of Pain and even Nagato and Itachi is genius.
We had none of that in part one.
Aug 22, 2015 4:25 PM

May 2014
GreenSoap said:
There's a lot more Akatsuki in Shippuden, so Shippuden.

More topics from this board

» Giants & Saori Hayami

iiDavion - 59 minutes ago

1 by jekfrumstotferm »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » EPISODE 1 TO 32 : Kazekage Rescue Arc

pnr2 - 8 hours ago

3 by Cayusashi »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 114 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AbsyAhihcu - Jun 18, 2009

90 by Dripnsopretty »»
Yesterday, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 13 Discussion

kei-clone - May 12, 2007

34 by ItsXolo »»
Yesterday, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 278 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Sep 6, 2012

98 by NowThatsEpic »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.