Forum Settings
Forums
Dissolving Classroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow. This was really the only good chapter in the volume. Just read just about the whole volume today. It's been sitting in my Amazon purchases for too long, but I'm glad I didn't prioritize it. As a huge fan of Itou, I'm really disappointed in this series. Very, very repetitive, and focusing on such dull "monsters" was not creepy at all--just lame.
May 8, 2016 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
Are all chapters scanned and translated and if so where can i read them? ^^
Aug 9, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
This was a very "Meh" read, some neat ideas and nice art hampered by bland one-note execution.
Aug 9, 2017 11:27 PM

Mar 2009
linkjoker said:
This was a very "Meh" read, some neat ideas and nice art hampered by bland one-note execution.

Definitely one of Itou's weaker works.
Mar 11, 2018 2:33 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Bought this at a second hand store for cheap. Trying to bulk up my manga collection a tad. Not dissapointed, granted I've only read Uzumaki and viewed small short stories so I don't have a full grasp on Ito work but if anything the premise and result were more hilarious that scary or chilling by any means.

Not a waste of time but surely not his best.
Mar 13, 2018 12:51 PM

Mar 2009
Stripes said:
Bought this at a second hand store for cheap. Trying to bulk up my manga collection a tad. Not dissapointed, granted I've only read Uzumaki and viewed small short stories so I don't have a full grasp on Ito work but if anything the premise and result were more hilarious that scary or chilling by any means.

Pick up Shiver! I believe it recently came out in English!
Mar 13, 2018 2:21 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
AlabastreAizo said:
Stripes said:

Pick up Shiver! I believe it recently came out in English!

I was intending to get that or Tomie if they had it but sadly their stock was limited. But good to get a secondary recommendation for it. 👍`
Mar 27, 2018 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
Just finished this, and it wasn’t great... Absolutely not his best work by far, and the whole concept isn’t his best either.
Like the guy summons a demon, and after meeting the demon he profusely apologizes to the demon and everyone he meets, causing their brains... to dissolve... and they die. What.
The little plot device- Oops, I mean little sister character was pretty pointless and annoying.
The “Meet Again” chapter wasn’t even a whole story! I found that one to be pretty stupid.

Totally disappointing work from my favorite mangaka.
Mar 27, 2018 1:57 PM

Mar 2009
IAmTomie said:
Just finished this, and it wasn’t great... Absolutely not his best work by far, and the whole concept isn’t his best either.
Like the guy summons a demon, and after meeting the demon he profusely apologizes to the demon and everyone he meets, causing their brains... to dissolve... and they die. What.
The little plot device- Oops, I mean little sister character was pretty pointless and annoying.
The “Meet Again” chapter wasn’t even a whole story! I found that one to be pretty stupid.

I felt similarly after reading it. Luckily, two new volumes of Itou's came out this month (japanese)! :D
Mar 27, 2018 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
AlabastreAizo said:
IAmTomie said:

I felt similarly after reading it. Luckily, two new volumes of Itou's came out this month (japanese)! :D

Yeah this whole thing was such a let down :( But I just read Layers Of Fear right now which came out last year and I thought that one was pretty good. Definitely a lot like his old classics.
Aah, no translations yet? :) They’ll probably get translated soon, all the super fans who take the time to translate his manga seem to work quick!
Mar 27, 2018 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
IAmTomie said:

Yeah this whole thing was such a let down :( But I just read Layers Of Fear right now which came out last year and I thought that one was pretty good. Definitely a lot like his old classics.
Aah, no translations yet? :) They’ll probably get translated soon, all the super fans who take the time to translate his manga seem to work quick!

I have no idea if his adaptation of No Longer Human is being translated, and the other thing that released this month is just a collection of some old stories, it turns out.

I own the first volume of No Longer Human, but I haven't read it yet.
Oct 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Jul 2009
Can't compliment the work, wasn't scary and it relies on gross elements for the horror part, it fails when it comes to describing the atmosphere. Bad very bad.
Oct 2, 2018 7:05 PM
Jan 2018
This is Junji’s work alright, the clifthanger is string with this one also.
Nice setting, weak plot
Jul 25, 2020 11:10 PM

May 2016
This certainly wasn't one of Ito's best but I had a lot of fun reading this nonetheless~ A simple thing like saying sorry becoming deadly thanks to the devil is quite the unusual yet interesting concept.

I also liked how the story's afterword made fun of the culture of public apologies and the attention it garners.

Jul 10, 2022 11:35 PM

Jan 2017
Simply not Junji Ito level. A quick read so it's alright.
Sep 18, 2022 11:06 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure where the idea comes from exactly in its full depth, but interesting imagination to create a pheneomenom where "children come back to earth from where they were born" sinking into holes with lengthened torsos. 5/10.
Jul 28, 2023 5:43 PM
Apr 2018
This is my very first Junji work I've read. It was alright. It was more weird than it was scary. Definitely agree with the score. I'm actually quite glad that this is the first Ito piece I've read, it's only up from here on out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Kyoushitsu Chapter 6 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 18, 2022

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 18, 2022 11:02 PM

Poll: » Youkai Kyoushitsu Chapter 5 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Oct 6, 2020

1 by waalex11 »»
Sep 18, 2022 10:59 PM

Poll: » Youkai Kyoushitsu Chapter 3 Discussion

1 by Kyushuuuuuuu »»
Apr 28, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Youkai Kyoushitsu Chapter 4 Discussion

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Oct 6, 2020 5:43 AM

Poll: » Youkai Kyoushitsu Chapter 2 Discussion

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Oct 6, 2020 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.