Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 18, 2015 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I like some of the songs that come out but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan.
Aug 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
Moniisek said:
Javera said:

For example if anyone is interested:

I know this thread is about vocaloids but....
that's Reol and Giga singing the original.
please. I'm crying. tell me you like the human version too.
what? Did i do something wrong? Yes, I like the different versions of this song.
Aug 18, 2015 4:02 PM

Jul 2012
not fan at all, but i love Hatsune Mikus "Last Night, Good Night"

tried to link but you know, errors, reasons!

beautiful
Aug 18, 2015 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
I don't mind them, but I've watched Hatsune Mikus live performance and it was kinda scary and creepy.:))
Aug 20, 2015 6:59 AM

Oct 2014
i like Vocaloid, but i prefer Utaite more.

I love Rin

Be sure to check out Vocaloid Eight Series!!

But i like Utaite more than Vocaloids

Reol (Utaite)

Kradness (Utaite)

Facts - http://rmlorayes.weebly.com/1/post/2013/10/vocaloidcentral-vocaloid-101-part-2-vocaloid-fanloid-utauloid-utaite.html
Tanya-chanAug 20, 2015 7:20 AM
Aug 20, 2015 7:23 AM
Jan 2015

but I really need to be in a certain mood to listen to them.
Aug 20, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2013
Personally I don't really like them. I guess it's just that they sound so electronic, and I generally don't like electronic music, both vocal and instrumental.

Not to say that there are no vocaloid songs at all that I can listen to of course. There's some that are pretty nice, and of course the technology itself is nice ^^
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 20, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
The only thing I know about Vocaloid.
Actually Hatsune Miku

Aug 20, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
I really, really like it :3
[right]"Boobs are heavier than a man’s life."
~~ Issei Hyodo
Aug 20, 2015 1:14 PM
Sep 2013
I love Vocaloid. There are some really good songs which amazing lyrics. And I love that also every character is different and there are many different styles in the Vocaloid stuff. Plus, it is amazing to think they can create something like that with mostly computers.
Aug 20, 2015 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
I like it, but only when it is used properly. Probably half of my music library is made up of vocaloid, utau, or utaite songs. Unfortunately, a lot of popular/well-known songs are tuned pretty badly. For example, Miku's "performance" on David Letterman was probably the first time most of his viewers were exposed to vocaloid, but the song performed was atrocious. I saw some guy on YouTube upload a MUCH better cover only a week later. Tuned and worked with properly, vocaloid songs can be SUPER good, but not when they're tuned by someone who just got the software.
Aug 20, 2015 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Jordan_X said:
I like it, but only when it is used properly. Probably half of my music library is made up of vocaloid, utau, or utaite songs. Unfortunately, a lot of popular/well-known songs are tuned pretty badly. For example, Miku's "performance" on David Letterman was probably the first time most of his viewers were exposed to vocaloid, but the song performed was atrocious. I saw some guy on YouTube upload a MUCH better cover only a week later. Tuned and worked with properly, vocaloid songs can be SUPER good, but not when they're tuned by someone who just got the software.

Actually "Sharing The World" is a very good song, you just don't like it.
And by "very good" I mean well produced and arranged for pop song.
As for vocaloid tuning, some producers like it natural and more human-like,
and some like it high pitched and autotuned, it's just personal preference.

Aug 20, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
I have no idea why some people are crazy about it, its kinda fucking suck.

There are various genres and artists within Vocaloid, though. Which part sucks? You can't really generalize the entirety of it. It's just like any other music, just, with vocals from a voice-synthesizing software program. There's rock, metal, pop, punk, alternative, Utsu-P, Okame-P, etc, you name it. And then there are utaite's who do covers of Vocaloid songs with real voices.
PocketChocolateAug 20, 2015 7:15 PM
Aug 21, 2015 10:14 PM

Oct 2009
It's weird and I don't like it. I listen to pretty weird shit too so I won't judge the people who listen to vocaloid *silently judges you*

Aug 22, 2015 4:24 AM

Jun 2012
I used to be so into Vocaloid a few years ago but they keep releasing crappy vbs that sounded always the same and it was too hard to keep up. Didn't know that Vocaloid fans were still alive...
Aug 23, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
I don't actually like Vocaloids, but I like the songs from the producers. What I really like is discovering singers who have great voices and cover these songs.

Aug 23, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Hanatan best gurl
Aug 24, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2015
I'm fine with it, and I think the composers are brilliant. It's the fans that get me. Holy mother of god, are they annoying.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Aug 28, 2015 2:32 PM

May 2015
the worst part is the vocaloid iroha nekomura's voice provider is a fucking guy. she's a woman.
Aug 28, 2015 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
KotobukiRoka said:
the worst part is the vocaloid iroha nekomura's voice provider is a fucking guy. she's a woman.
oh wow, just looked up some songs and they're not bad. However, didn't expect a guy to provide voice for Iroha. Voice reminds me of Kagamine Len a little but in his case its the opposite where a female provides his voice.
Aug 29, 2015 8:41 AM
Aug 2015
I want to like it but I feel like it just gets annoying.
Aug 29, 2015 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
I love Vocaloid. My absolute all time favourite is Megurine Luka. I love her songs, amv''s, 'lives" and voice. :)
Oct 22, 2015 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
I really like vocaloids. The whole concept behind them is pretty unique and they are just lovable to me. I have my favorites :)
Oct 22, 2015 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
I like them. I bought Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX for 3DS and it's a blast. I've played it more than FF Curtain Call. I've grown to like a lot of the songs in that game so I'd say I'm a bigger fan than ever before, but not big enough to listen to the songs outside of the game.
Oct 23, 2015 7:43 PM

Sep 2015
Vocaloid is really awesome! So many voice options for five or so different languages! There's a lot of great songs that have gained so much fame like World is Mine and Deep Sea Girl, and there's a lot of great songs that haven't gained much fame or any fame at all, probably due to a lack of translations. I've been translating Vocaloid songs, so anybody need a translation? :P
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 23, 2015 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
Invisible_again said:
Vocaloid is really awesome! So many voice options for five or so different languages! There's a lot of great songs that have gained so much fame like World is Mine and Deep Sea Girl, and there's a lot of great songs that haven't gained much fame or any fame at all, probably due to a lack of translations. I've been translating Vocaloid songs, so anybody need a translation? :P

Well I'd like to see some songs translated,
Could you please try to translate this to us?

song by effe
Oct 23, 2015 8:09 PM

Sep 2015
kuuderu said:
Invisible_again said:

Well I'd like to see some songs translated,
Could you please try to translate this to us?

song by effe

Sure! I'd love to translate this! When I finish, I'll post a link to the translation here. :)
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 23, 2015 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Its an interesting piece of tech but at its current time it just sounds kinda creepy and not in a good way. I think if someone put some effort to it some real interesting shit could be done with vocoloids but its all pop/rock/electronica at the moment.
Oct 27, 2015 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
Kuuderu,
Here's a link to the translation you requested. :)
http://invisitrans.blogspot.com/2015/10/s-hatsune-miku.html
I turn myself invisible.
Oct 27, 2015 8:33 PM

Jun 2015
this is "a stupid fucking thread"

the nyan cat song is the best song in the world

u r a stupid fucking thread op
Oct 27, 2015 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Invisible_again said:
Kuuderu,

Thank you, I'm so glad to see this!
Oct 28, 2015 3:14 AM

Jun 2013
I don't like Vocaloid as a whole, but some songs are okay.
Oct 28, 2015 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
kuuderu said:
Invisible_again said:
Kuuderu,

Thank you, I'm so glad to see this!

You're welcome.
I turn myself invisible.
Nov 6, 2015 9:36 PM
May 2009
Vocaloid's vocals are lifeless. The synthesizers just can't capture all the nuances of the human voice. They can sound more vibrant than a lot of the heavily edited mainstream songs out there. Like Selena Gomez's "Good for You." Ugh. Vocaloid's melodies, compositions, etc. can be amazing though, so there are a lot of great covers with human voice like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xTet06SUo

Wagakki band ftw.
Nov 6, 2015 9:37 PM
Jun 2015
Kagerou Project was sung by Kagerou Project so yes, it's good shit 10/10
Nov 8, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand it.
Nov 8, 2015 3:47 PM

Nov 2015
I got to see Miku when she was on tour with Lady Gaga last year. It was awesome except I sat too far back and found myself having to watch Miku on the TV screens which sorta defeated the purpose. I think that if it were a smaller stadium and/or if I was in the General Admission standing "mosh pit"ish area, it would have been much better. She introduced herself in english, then began singing in Japanese. :) A lot of my friends left after Miku, before Gaga came out. But I'm a Gaga fan and have seen her every time she's come to Cleveland. For one of Gaga's final numbers she dressed up like Miku it was really cute. :D Hatsune Miku is adorable. I'm not too famillar with the other vocaloids. But I like to listen to their music and look at the cute action figures and toys modeled after them ^-^
Nov 8, 2015 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
GeekySweetie said:
I got to see Miku when she was on tour with Lady Gaga last year. It was awesome except I sat too far back and found myself having to watch Miku on the TV screens which sorta defeated the purpose. I think that if it were a smaller stadium and/or if I was in the General Admission standing "mosh pit"ish area, it would have been much better. She introduced herself in english, then began singing in Japanese. :) A lot of my friends left after Miku, before Gaga came out. But I'm a Gaga fan and have seen her every time she's come to Cleveland. For one of Gaga's final numbers she dressed up like Miku it was really cute. :D Hatsune Miku is adorable. I'm not too famillar with the other vocaloids. But I like to listen to their music and look at the cute action figures and toys modeled after them ^-^

Miku is just the most famous, to the point she probably has more haters than fans now.
I personally like many of them, but the thing is that music is more important for me,
so I choose according to music and not the voice. But yes, I love her too, she's an idol.
Nov 8, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
i think vocaloid is a p neat platform for everyone to have a chance to produce their own music, even if they can't sing. even if creators cant sing or do anything music related, a lot of artists made beautiful mvs to go alongside with vocaloid songs by participating in collabs/projects. personally, im a big luka & kagamine twins fan.

Nov 8, 2015 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
lil-fairy said:
i think vocaloid is a p neat platform for everyone to have a chance to produce their own music, even if they can't sing. even if creators cant sing or do anything music related, a lot of artists made beautiful mvs to go alongside with vocaloid songs by participating in collabs/projects.

Spot on. This is one of their main appeals, it's an opportunity and "creative hub",
because community creates content to community, it motivates people to create.
Nov 8, 2015 4:55 PM

Jul 2015
kuuderu said:
spot on. this is one of their main appeals, it's an opportunity and "creative hub",
because community creates content to community, it motivates people to create.

exactly why i adores the vocaloid community so much, they enable budding artists to release streams of content to the public's eyes. and i've seen a lot of the comments are very positive and helpful, especially on NND. on a side note, i love how most of the mvs are more than just "music videos", most of which had hidden meanings or stories that were summarized and/or arranged into the lyrics carefully.
Jan 1, 2016 10:55 PM
Nov 2014
Awesome stuff to listen to, especially when you find the song or album you just fall in love with. But nowadays i get tired of listening to vocaloid every now and then. It's hard to find the ones that really sing to your heart.. I find most songs on youtube and other websites cater to the usual flat and fast vocals and animation to accompany them, which i am sorry to say but i have no idea what makes others like listening to them so much. Its just overhype for me, but i respect composers for putting in the time and effort to make the music videos. As for the lyrics, their meaning and how some can relate, it gets depressing to continue listening to those sort of music videos, most which i've seen have been about relationship problems, the future for some graduating from school, struggle in boring everyday life, loneliness, love and some random ones that are seemingly abstract. Anyways, i feel i'm just losing interest, probably because most of the composers i listen to have retired. The producers that continue on, i just don't find their works appealing anymore, it's just never the same with their previous works i have liked listening to.
Jan 2, 2016 12:20 AM

May 2014
I personally never really cared for Vocaloid, although I will I admit I've heard sample lyrics in other music I listen to which I like.
Jan 2, 2016 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
I have never really bothered with it for no reason at all.

Question to all here: should I? And if yes, where should I start?
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 2, 2016 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
katsaroulhs said:

Regardless of where you would start to discover you should remember:
Vocaloid music is not a genre, it's a type that utilizes the technology.
If you don't mind the idea of synthesized vocal, then you might like it.
There are many vocaloid producers that make different genres of music,
the main problem is that most vocaloid releases are amateur works
and it's hard to find something that was made on really good level.

For the start I would recommend to watch Magical Mirai 2013 concert.
You will hear one of the most popular vocaloid hits live, with a real band.

Jan 2, 2016 5:40 AM

Jan 2015
I want to make a Skrewdriver tribute with the Miku Hatsune software..
Jan 2, 2016 5:41 AM

Jun 2015
kuuderu said:
katsaroulhs said:

Regardless of where you would start to discover you should remember:
Vocaloid music is not a genre, it's a type that utilizes the technology.
If you don't mind the idea of synthesized vocal, then you might like it.
There are many vocaloid producers that make different genres of music,
the main problem is that most vocaloid releases are amateur works
and it's hard to find something that was made on really good level.

For the start I would recommend to watch Magical Mirai 2013 concert.
You will hear one of the most popular vocaloid hits live, with a real band.

I listened to some songs on youtube, and made some research about the Vs (V1,2,3,4) and their digital singers. Along with the actuall singers from the libraries. Can't say that I dislike. I never really dislike music in general.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 2, 2016 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
katsaroulhs said:
Can't say that I dislike. I never really dislike music in general.

Well, I like that way of thinking.. Music is music,
regardless of the tools involved in its creating.
Jan 2, 2016 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
kuuderu said:
katsaroulhs said:
Can't say that I dislike. I never really dislike music in general.

Well, I like that way of thinking.. Music is music,
regardless of the tools involved in its creating.

Thx for that live btw. Really enjoyed it. :D
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 2, 2016 8:18 AM
Sep 2012
some songs are pretty good
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3443 by M2zC »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kendrick Lamar vs Drake... who's winning?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 5

16 by Dumb »»
6 hours ago

» Slowed & Reverb and Sped up Music

ST63LTH - Yesterday

5 by Zettaiken »»
7 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

40 by YungStairwell »»
7 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7679 by Maumuu »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.