Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2015 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
So, I'm interested in getting Street Fighter IV.

I'm just kind of confused on which one to get because there are different versions.

Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Whats the differences among these, and which one is the best one to get?
Jul 17, 2015 11:01 PM

Feb 2015
Ultra is the current one.
Jul 17, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
Get ultra
Jul 17, 2015 11:38 PM

Dec 2014
devinder said:

OkayCaim said:
Get ultra

Ok Thanks, I'll get that one then, but out of curiosity what are the differences?
Jul 17, 2015 11:42 PM

Feb 2015
Bloodshade said:
devinder said:

OkayCaim said:
Get ultra

Ok Thanks, I'll get that one then, but out of curiosity what are the differences?

Differences in game mechanics like certain combos getting dumped and new characters.
Jul 17, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
Characters are more balanced. More stages and more characters as well.
Jul 18, 2015 12:01 AM

Dec 2014
OkayCaim said:
Characters are more balanced. More stages and more characters as well.

Ok, sweet. Thanks.

Would I be alright playing this game with an Xbox 360 controller, or is a keyboard better?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotJul 22, 2015 11:25 AM
Jul 22, 2015 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
fightstick if you want to be pro.

Jul 22, 2015 1:23 AM

Dec 2014
ToodleNoodles said:
fightstick if you want to be pro.

Yeah, I looked those up. I'm not about to pay more than 100 bucks for a glorified controller.

What are some good decent priced fight sticks?
Jul 22, 2015 1:30 AM

Jan 2013
They each have their own merits from what I've experienced. Playing a grappling character with a keyboard is near impossible though and the learning curve is pretty steep as well.

Most people I know use a controller/stick.
Jul 22, 2015 1:36 AM

Dec 2014
OkayCaim said:
They each have their own merits from what I've experienced. Playing a grappling character with a keyboard is near impossible though and the learning curve is pretty steep as well.

Most people I know use a controller/stick.

a 360 controller?

If not, what fight stick do you recommend. Something that doesn't have an insane price tag.
Jul 22, 2015 1:59 AM

Jan 2013
360 controllers are alright but the d-pad is kinda meh.

You might have to do a little hunting on Amazon or eBay because sticks are always expensive. Fightpads are relatively cheaper though so you could opt for that if you want. Honestly, if I were you, I'd stick with a normal controller and get your first impressions of the game from there. If you really like Ultra Street Fight 4, then invest in a fight pad later, if you don't like USFIV, well... You save yourself quite a bit of cash.
Jul 22, 2015 3:58 AM

Feb 2015
Playing SF4 (or any Street fighter for that matter) with a keyboard is pretty much impossible.
Jul 22, 2015 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
OkayCaim said:
360 controllers are alright but the d-pad is kinda meh.

You might have to do a little hunting on Amazon or eBay because sticks are always expensive. Fightpads are relatively cheaper though so you could opt for that if you want. Honestly, if I were you, I'd stick with a normal controller and get your first impressions of the game from there. If you really like Ultra Street Fight 4, then invest in a fight pad later, if you don't like USFIV, well... You save yourself quite a bit of cash.

Hmm alright, but when you say "invest in a fight pad", do you mean something that looks like a normal controller but with button layout designed for fighting games, or do you mean a fight stick?

The thing is, I wanna be able to pull off moves and play people online without being at a serious disadvantage just because of my peripheral hardware.

Plus, I have the pc port for Street Fighter, so finding fight sticks/fight pads that are compatible is kind of difficult. There aren't as much options available for pc players.
Jul 22, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
I honestly wouldn't worry about investing in a pad or stick unless you know for sure you'll stick with the game and, even then, it's very possible to compete online without one.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 22, 2015 11:23 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I play fight games competitively and I use the 360 controller, which works fine for me since I have always used it for games such as UMvC3 (Best Dante in Ohio ;]) but my brother uses a fight stick and it makes a lot of things easier such as charging/plinking. If you don't like fight sticks and enjoy using keyboards, have you considered Hitbox? Instead of a joystick for directions, it is four buttons each in one direction and you just click the button for the correct direction. I know a lot of keyboard warriors prefer these.

Most fight sticks... or at least the ones I have used do work with PC... like my brothers works and it also works for the 360 and my friends PS fight stick works for his computer as well. You may need to find drivers that allow them to work but it isn't hard and they are all online :)
Jul 22, 2015 11:38 AM

Dec 2014
Zelot said:
I play fight games competitively and I use the 360 controller, which works fine for me since I have always used it for games such as UMvC3 (Best Dante in Ohio ;]) but my brother uses a fight stick and it makes a lot of things easier such as charging/plinking. If you don't like fight sticks and enjoy using keyboards, have you considered Hitbox? Instead of a joystick for directions, it is four buttons each in one direction and you just click the button for the correct direction. I know a lot of keyboard warriors prefer these.

Most fight sticks... or at least the ones I have used do work with PC... like my brothers works and it also works for the 360 and my friends PS fight stick works for his computer as well. You may need to find drivers that allow them to work but it isn't hard and they are all online :)

Is this one pretty good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fight-Stick-for-PS2-PS3-PC-Street-Fighter-4-IV-Tournament-Fightpad-/400823204139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d52ecb92b
Jul 22, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2010
I heard the madcatz pads are quite good (the ones with 6 face buttons) and they aren't expensive, so maybe you could consider that.
Jul 22, 2015 4:26 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Bloodshade said:
Zelot said:

Is this one pretty good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fight-Stick-for-PS2-PS3-PC-Street-Fighter-4-IV-Tournament-Fightpad-/400823204139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d52ecb92b

i wouldn't use that... I have seen these before and idk man, just something about them doesn't feel right to me. Like i wouldn't be surprised if there would be dropped combos or input lag coming from this stick, or even the durability could be an issue such as buttons being super loose after little usage... but I have not used it before, it's also a bit small.

My brother has a MadCatz one and it works great and it only cost like 80 (sells for like 120-140), and if you wait for some fight game tournaments to happen, you can get a code that gets you like 10-25 percent off sticks.

You do not need a stick, like I said, I do use a controller, but I find myself constantly buying a controller (like every 3-4 months?) cause practicing and playing just makes my controller die and I am quite particular with a certain feel when I use my controller. A controller has a plus side of being able to do some motions faster since the radius is easier, you can also map buttons to triggers and do some stuff easier, but there isn't a lot of things for that in SF (mainly anime fighters that benefit from this). It's also way easier to bring around, going to a friends house or going to a tournament, super easy to carry.
Also note that there is SFV coming out pretty soon so you may be able to bundle something with that game... like UMvC3, MK9 and a few other fight games had a stick when you bought a deluxe edition of it (Although the MK9 stick sucked...)
Jul 22, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
Zelot said:
Bloodshade said:

Is this one pretty good?

i wouldn't use that... I have seen these before and idk man, just something about them doesn't feel right to me. Like i wouldn't be surprised if there would be dropped combos or input lag coming from this stick, or even the durability could be an issue such as buttons being super loose after little usage... but I have not used it before, it's also a bit small.

My brother has a MadCatz one and it works great and it only cost like 80 (sells for like 120-140), and if you wait for some fight game tournaments to happen, you can get a code that gets you like 10-25 percent off sticks.

You do not need a stick, like I said, I do use a controller, but I find myself constantly buying a controller (like every 3-4 months?) cause practicing and playing just makes my controller die and I am quite particular with a certain feel when I use my controller. A controller has a plus side of being able to do some motions faster since the radius is easier, you can also map buttons to triggers and do some stuff easier, but there isn't a lot of things for that in SF (mainly anime fighters that benefit from this). It's also way easier to bring around, going to a friends house or going to a tournament, super easy to carry.
Also note that there is SFV coming out pretty soon so you may be able to bundle something with that game... like UMvC3, MK9 and a few other fight games had a stick when you bought a deluxe edition of it (Although the MK9 stick sucked...)

You said you used an Xbox 360 controller?

I don't plan on being super competitive. I'm not into the whole e-sports kind of thing. I mainly will play with people in person or online. Nothing like being a "pro" or anything like that.

So would you say that the majority people who have this game on PC will use an Xbox 360 controller to play?

Also, would an xbox 360 fightstick work on a PC as well... out of curiosity?

What do you make of this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Q1-PS3-Joystick-Fightstick/dp/B00BXPIO1S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437630039&sr=8-2&keywords=qanba
Nov 1, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 2017
go with the regular version imo.

More topics from this board

» Otome games recommendations

Daniellaaa - Yesterday

3 by kihel »»
43 minutes ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

64 by kittygirlmel »»
4 hours ago

» Do you play Akinator?

bronycon42 - Nov 29, 2023

15 by Damuzen »»
5 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

31 by Damuzen »»
5 hours ago

» Do you still use ur disc drive to play games ?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

21 by Mayahuel »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.