Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funny episode, Sana is very over the top in fun way and a star at her young age I wonder where this series will go.
Nov 5, 2017 4:46 PM

Feb 2008
I once had a student who was named Sana. The source of her name was the main character from this show. At the end of our last lesson before she moved to Tokyo, I showed her a bit of the English dubbed version of this episode. She was both amused and amazed as she exclaimed, "Sana-chan is speaking English!". (^o^)
Mar 16, 2018 2:25 AM

Sep 2011
God her voice will take some getting used to, but the ending caught my attention.
Mar 31, 2019 2:39 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Well this was a wild first episode. Sana really has a lot of energy, but in contrast to her calm and composed mother as well as her "pimp" it works really well.
I love how she's energetic and not afraid to step in, even though in her case, being unable to think things through might also cause problems. A very fun personality for a show like this.
The tone was also on point, especially with how well the shift later into the episode was timed.

(Just as a warning, this show really tests your subtitle-reading-skills)
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jul 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Aug 2018
why is the writing so much better in these old shows
Aug 24, 2020 11:54 AM

Dec 2018
I feel like watching more but I’ll just read the manga

Dec 17, 2020 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
I wasn't expecting this show to be a wild, fast paced, all over the place show like a shoujo FLCL.
Jan 2, 2021 3:39 AM

Feb 2019
What the hell just happened gahahahaha

That was certainly some first episode! Can't wait to see where the rest of the show goes, especially considering that ending. Speaking of endings, that ED honestly isn't too bad!
Jan 18, 2021 4:44 AM
Apr 2016
Oi, someone, get Onizuka in that classroom RIGHT NOW. Their classroom is just horrible, I can't imagine how stressed the teacher must be (it actually reminds me of how it used to be for me in elementary-to-middleschool, our classroom was known to be the "classroom of trouble" because of — you guessed it — "the boys"). I honestly don't like how loud Sana is, she's really obnoxious.. maybe she's gonna calm down as the show continues on (hope so). On the other hand, I like her chemistry with Akito — very interesting, really want to see how it will develop from here on. The comedy is also obnoxious, loud, and over-the-top, but I can live with it, I guess.
Jun 4, 2021 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
Ahhhhh
I already love sana
Jun 5, 2022 6:27 AM

Mar 2012
Those boys need to be expelled. How come the Principal took no action even after Sana said all that stuff on TV!?
Jul 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2014
I definitely wasn't expecting a first episode like this one! It was a lot more chaotic than expected, which is actually a good thing!
Hoping I won't end up dropping this ( ゚д゚)

Oct 27, 2022 6:59 AM

Jun 2021
a friend of mine was talking in the latest days about how this was one of not too many anime he saw during his childhood, and that for him it was more deep and meaningful than it seemed at face value. I actually never watched it before, except for possibly some random minutes while i was waiting for the Pokemon anime second half of the original series, all of this in the fall of the year 2000 when he was still at elementary grades like the main characters of the series and i instead just began high school, i wasn't that into anime yet and had already pressure from family to study almost all afternoon long.

To be honest, i giggled kinda often to the main characters antics, especially for the fact that she never shuts up. I'm already concerned about how many announced censorship it will be on the horizon considering this was a show aired every afternoon on a mainstream italian channel aimed mostly at young kids. But as usual, when it comes to judge italian voice actors, the one chosen for Sana already seems a good match and it must have been hard for her to match her hyperactivity. The classroom she's in... let's just tell that the junior high final grade i just ended a few months before wasn't all that different, and i'm unironically laughing from the memories from it, in coincidence with this series especially during maths classes. Funniest moment was when she directly scolded Akito in live television for the mess he creates at school. i also expected retorts as most of her staff did but it didn't happen (for now), what happened instead was a cliffhanger with him being him by the same color gun he's using with the other boys. And...now?

Probably not gonna binge watch this, but it could turn out more interesting than expected.
Mar 19, 2023 6:48 AM
Mar 2023
very cute, very interesting
                                 cacagorilla will take over
Jul 7, 2023 8:17 PM
Jul 2014
Super cute. I got recommended cute videos of Sana singing on youtube and it led me to episode 1. :)
Jul 9, 2023 12:44 AM
Jul 2023
Did All Video of Kodocha been removed?
i searched it in bilibili and other sites but its like it has been removed

anyone who can tell me where to watch it please tell me💖
Thank You!🥰
Aug 22, 2023 7:25 AM

Nov 2015
Does this chick ever mellow out? I feel like im having a fever dream and a stroke at the same time. Kinda funny though.
Nov 15, 2023 4:30 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Maou_heika
Those boys need to be expelled. How come the Principal took no action even after Sana said all that stuff on TV!?
@Maou_heika because plot needs to happen and the principal sucks at their job
Feb 1, 12:00 AM
Feb 2015
i forgot how energetic chaotic energy this story was, Sana and her mom is bizarre.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 60 Discussion

blank - Jan 21, 2021

3 by jumbosan »»
Mar 22, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 53 Discussion

blank - Jan 21, 2021

2 by jumbosan »»
Mar 21, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 50 Discussion

blank - Jan 20, 2021

2 by jumbosan »»
Mar 21, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 45 Discussion

Unowen - Jul 8, 2016

5 by jumbosan »»
Mar 20, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 38 Discussion

blank - Jan 20, 2021

1 by jumbosan »»
Mar 9, 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.