Forums
New
Jul 4, 2015 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
Title says it all. Thanks!
Jul 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
No. For the time being anyways.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 4, 2015 8:24 PM

Apr 2012
There is only one episode aired so far, we don't know
Jul 4, 2015 8:30 PM

Feb 2009
Considering the man behind this, I would say absolutely.

A little bit in the first episode, but clearly not the main romance of the series.
Jul 4, 2015 9:03 PM
Jul 2012
I just got off the phone with Jun Maeda and he said ...................
Jul 4, 2015 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
kid, the fucking anime is a fucking original, not anyone knows shit yet
Jul 4, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2014
Come back and ask in 7 weeks. Actually don't come back at all, if you can't read and see that this anime just started airing today. Just kidding champ, but seriously this anime just started airing today. It's key so there may be romance in this. There is "romance" in the first episode but it ends in about 5 minutes in a hilarious fashion. Come back and ask in a few weeks, or not at all your choice.
Jul 4, 2015 10:24 PM

Apr 2012
Let us look into our crystal ball and see.
Jul 5, 2015 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
It's Jun Maeda. I'd be shocked if there ISN'T romance in the series at some point.

To the OP though, Charlotte is an anime-original series much like how Angel Beats was at the time. Of course, Angel Beats did eventually get adapted to a visual novel, but at the time of its release, it was an anime original series.

The first episode didn't really present much in terms of romance. I mean, it did show Yuu trying to hook up with the prettiest girl in his class (and succeeds in some fashion) but then it all goes awry when he essentially gets blackmailed to transfer from a different school. I suppose I could "spoiler" tag that, but I highly doubt it's much of a spoiler since it is a relatively minor event in the first episode.

It didn't get very "romantic" though if that's what you're implying. It wasn't like Yuu and Nao "hit it off" in this first episode.
Jul 5, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
Toucanbird said:
It's Jun Maeda. I'd be shocked if there ISN'T romance in the series at some point.

To the OP though, Charlotte is an anime-original series much like how Angel Beats was at the time. Of course, Angel Beats did eventually get adapted to a visual novel, but at the time of its release, it was an anime original series.

The first episode didn't really present much in terms of romance. I mean, it did show Yuu trying to hook up with the prettiest girl in his class (and succeeds in some fashion) but then it all goes awry when he essentially gets blackmailed to transfer from a different school. I suppose I could "spoiler" tag that, but I highly doubt it's much of a spoiler since it is a relatively minor event in the first episode.

It didn't get very "romantic" though if that's what you're implying. It wasn't like Yuu and Nao "hit it off" in this first episode.

It's not like if Jun never wrote something without romance. *cough* little busters refrain *cough*
Jul 5, 2015 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
EuTenhoBomGosto said:

There's a 4-koma manga of this.

relatively certain that came first, since people have already translated the first few chapters.
Jul 5, 2015 12:57 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
How would we know? =_=
Jul 5, 2015 3:31 PM
Oct 2012
Masadeer said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:

There's a 4-koma manga of this.

relatively certain that came first,

Correct, it was started in May, however the anime concept was created first, the 4-koma was created to market the series, the series will lead to an eventual Visual Novel, and that will hopefully lead to a bunch of other commercial products. In short this is designed to become a franchise.

So we may get some romance, however there should be several potential romantic routes so that the VN will sell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_%28anime%29
Jul 5, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2012
Who knows.
Jul 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
Dude it's original so you can't be spoiled... Unless you take in account the studios who are making this, so going by that you'll have... Heavy drama, comedy is already there and romance. Uh uh... probably have too, some big plot twists or brain rape about the powers.
Jul 5, 2015 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
Wasn't sure it was original. Thanks for the quick responses!
Jul 5, 2015 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not that into romance anime I have seen it all and it's boring and cliche to me. All I see are the tags School and Super Power on this anime don't want any shoujo in this.
Jul 5, 2015 8:24 PM
Jul 2012
Shion657 said:
I'm not that into romance anime I have seen it all and it's boring and cliche to me. All I see are the tags School and Super Power on this anime don't want any shoujo in this.
Not really sure if you know what Shoujo means. But anyways it's a very high chance that this will have a romance subplot.
Jul 5, 2015 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
Jakerams said:
Shion657 said:
Not really sure if you know what Shoujo means. But anyways it's a very high chance that this will have a romance subplot.

Shoujo is manga aimed at a teenage female readership. The name romanizes the Japanese 少女 (shōjo), literally "young girl". Shōjo manga covers many subjects in a variety of narrative and graphic styles, from historical drama to science fiction — often with a strong focus on human and romantic relationships and emotions

I rather have it focus on the plot, but the cliche is coming so it may get the romance subplot and I may drop it after that.
Jul 5, 2015 10:37 PM

Mar 2015
No one really knows. It's an anime original after all. With lots of Lelouch elements lol.

Although the romance story might look like Code Geass' romance. So yeah... I'm not from the future, so I can't say anything.

Jul 5, 2015 11:55 PM

May 2011
Shion657 said:
Jakerams said:

Shoujo is manga aimed at a teenage female readership. The name romanizes the Japanese 少女 (shōjo), literally "young girl". Shōjo manga covers many subjects in a variety of narrative and graphic styles, from historical drama to science fiction — often with a strong focus on human and romantic relationships and emotions

I rather have it focus on the plot, but the cliche is coming so it may get the romance subplot and I may drop it after that.

Except just cause there's a romance subplot doesn't make it shoujo. Hell, most romance sub plots for these kinds of shows are more akin to shounen/seinen romance
Jul 6, 2015 6:12 AM

Jun 2012
Shion657 said:
Jakerams said:

If anything this is clearly Shounen, normal male lead and all... You said that you've seen it all and romance anime it's cliche. Well by your list(if it's updated) the only titles similar to this are probably Toradora and Angel Beats. You still have a lot of good romance to watch if you want.
SnaitaJul 6, 2015 8:08 AM
Jul 6, 2015 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Snaita said:
Shion657 said:

If anything this is clearly Shounen, normal male lead and all... You said that you've seen it all and romance anime it's cliche. Well by your list(if it's updated) the only titles similar to this are probably Toradora and Angel Beats. You still have a lot of good romance to watch if you want.

yeah I have watched a lot my list is not updated and I'm not going to, too lazy.
Jul 20, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2010
yuu x joujirou :)

More topics from this board

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

38 by ChadtheTech »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.