Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 27, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2008
But why did it happen? I feel like I missed something.
Dec 28, 2016 1:15 AM

Apr 2008
autisticanime said:

Because the writers for the anime realized how much they fucked up so they had to make a last ditch effort to sweep it under the rug
Dec 28, 2016 5:56 PM

Nov 2015
autisticanime said:

Because it trashes on several scenes found in volume 10 of the light novels. Volumes 9 and 10 are most likely to be adapted for season 4 of the anime, hence the memory loss to keep it preserved.
MeatfeastDec 28, 2016 5:59 PM
Jan 5, 2017 6:42 AM

Oct 2011
nostalgia kicked in for first couple eps then it quickly died down

major let down character and battle wise this is not the dxd i came to love

only good thing to come from this season is this gurl

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 4, 2017 9:51 PM

Jul 2014
Anticlimactic from the last 2 eps, as an anime only viewer it's okay.

7/10
Feb 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Nov 2013
Strange that Rias said she doesn't want to keep him for herself and such thought never even crossed her mind yet she always cockblocks Akeno and fights with her and always stresses that he belongs to her

so Asia is his sister now? incest is wincest XD

I didn't expect Rossweisse to become the second rook at all, not that I thought about it or anything, I was just surprised, they had two knights, two bishops and Koneko was single and Rossweisse was the only possible variant (Kuroka would be great second rook, two hot sisters in his harem eh...)
however it's interesting that one rook is the team loli and second rook is the team MILF lol
She's awesome, I love her <3 If only I could pick the best girl I would pick her but I can't and she's one of my favorites among Koneko, Akeno, Xenovia, Irina, Kuroka and Ravel, I'm sorry girl but I can't, I'm so Issei :(

that feel when your hot teacher is in your harem rolleyes

Issei song just lol

I loved how his harem supported him and everyone else looked disgusted and annoyed by this fact, does anyone even realize that entire school still dislikes Issei, and only his harem likes him XD
Akeno onee-sama why?! XDDD
tsundereharasserFeb 13, 2017 12:39 PM
Aug 11, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2017
Well sadly the series is now over but fortunately there will be a season 4 :)

I really love the whole family/friend theme. At first i thought HDxD was just meant as a "Joke" because it was mostly about boobs. It went really deep thats why im very impressed with the outcome.

About the whole Anime:

Story - 7/10.

There could've been more but im okay with it.

Charakter - 9/10

They went quite deep with every important character. I dont really care if Rossweise wasn't seen enough on screen. She isn't a main character so she doesn't need more screen time. Nevertheless, everyone had a deep backstory therefore i will give it a 9/10

Sound/Art - 10/10

The characters where really beautiful and well developed. Battle scenes had much action and the animation of BOOOBS was of course fantastic. They'Ve visited very creative places which where drawn very well.

Overall Enjoyment - 9/10

Sometimes they went a bit too much boobs in my opinion. (There was a very emotional scene where Koneko was crying while attacking an enemy, but when she jumped towards him, the camera was focused on her panties).

Final Rating - 9/10

Oct 21, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
What did Issei say on the shore? The part we couldn't hear?
Mar 4, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
Definitely an extreme disappointment, everything was worse than the previous seasons, at least those were somewhat coherent and fun

Story was a trainwreck, everyone was pretty much the same, and that art, god, what a downgrade
It didn't even have enough fanservice which is why people watch this in first place

The good thing about was the introduction of other mythologies

6/10
Mar 24, 2018 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
When this 1st aired was mostly Ok with season tough this ending was Disgrace........but now.....when I had time to think....No Rating Game, no explanations. Stupid Original Anime plot, LN plot competently ignored and deviated...yeah....give this complete rating 6 for entire Season last 3 episodes. ...and that Is merciful....was seriously thinking giving it only 3 or 4.....

I don't care if Ishibumi made Special LN that explains why this turned this Shitty...last 3 episodes were complete Bull
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 24, 2018 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
autisticanime said:

Because the writers for the anime realized how much they fucked up so they had to make a last ditch effort to sweep it under the rug

APPLAUSE! We Can only hope so...

now just pray that They don't screw Season 4
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 1, 2018 8:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Very nice last episode....
1.Issei saved Rias and he got the first "love kiss" of this anime series!
2.Rias has a new member in his "family", a tower, The ValKirie Rosswise!
3.Isseis become a hero in Hell TV! lol
May 10, 2018 5:46 AM
Apr 2018
Well, nothing was ever going to come of the Rias and Issei bout, Issei wouldn’t hurt his S&M Master. The inner drama that Loki pulled to the surface was Rias’ doubt about whether or not Issei liked her as much as the rest of his harem members. She’s pretty clingy; sometimes we think of worst case scenarios as it is more exciting for the mind to wander. She’s not self-assured as a princess of the Underworld.

Rias won’t get mad at Issei anymore because on a subconscious level, her soul remembers the conversation they had on the beach after their fight. The subconscious memory of that seemed to quell her self-doubt, and jealously for the time being. She will let him have his harem, because that’s his dream. She would never harm her precious Issei.

However, a salient point to be addressed is her lack of communication. As the king, the leader, the princess of the underworld, she is supposed to get her message across by communicating the importance of every action during a game, a meeting, or a formal gathering... Yet, when it comes to addressing the topic of Issei being less formal around her, it takes a gigantic cliché among clichés, then Issei mentioning that something was bothering her to motivate her communication. Très high school, oh wait... Issei should just be king, he’s a straight arrow, likes to talk from the heart. Heck even his parents told the random priest girl that she is their kid.

Even though the fight was essentially fodder, I enjoyed a most of it, had they let her waste one of the party members, it would have been even better. I didn’t like the Rias turning on everyone without a consequence, I could foreshadow her snapping from her jealousy, but the result was inconsequential, and rendered the whole fight into a lovers’ quibble. I wouldn’t call it a quarrel because it was one-sided with Issei remembering Rias like he was at her wake or something.

Then came the replication of Issei’s doubt in the form of a doppelgänger. This scene was symbolic in that it showed Issei conquering his doubt after the self-assuredness of having Asia being cared for by his friends and having been saved by his counterpart, and Issei having saved Rias himself. Remember, our doubt is given more power over us when there is no self-assurance.
The logic being that if he had either not saved Rias from herself in time, or had Asia perished, I doubt he would have been able to dispense of the doubting Dave as swiftly as he did. Remember the doppelgänger is just a copy of Issei’s doubt during the Loki battle, before things settled down, and he was happy again for a brief moment. He did not have doubt any lingering doubt the moment he saved Rias, and thus starved the copy of his former feeling from powering up, or conquering him with his fear of not being able to save anyone.

Had the copy of doubt attacked Issei while he was trying to tame the crimson flame, things might have turned out a bit different.

As for how he one-shot the replicant. This can be explained by the fact that he either starved it from negative thoughts that it usually feeds on, or he got a Zenkai boost from a near death experience. C’mon there’s a ‘hell’ of a lot of Dragon Ball references in this series. The third option is obviously time constraints and/or shitty writing but I don’t wanna believe it.

I’m pretty sure Rias’ brother could have knocked the ball out of the field, but it was best for Issei to develop his skills anyhow. After all the buildup and spoilers regarding the Oppai song, I was fairly disappointed with how it was introduced. They should have had Issei on the front of a cereal box with cereal shaped as いっぱいおっぱい、standing with the kids like Tony the Tiger in his LimitBreaker suit.

Negative:

Listen, the action sequences need more animated frames, usually when the camera pans over, somebody has already kicked the baddies and it shows for half a second and then you see them flying across the room, sometimes the baddies are already flying with no contact. I have to pause the damn video and go back to see if I’ve missed anything.

The fast paced fighting needs more frames.

Other than that, the show is great, looking forward to watching many more seasons of awesome sauce!

9/10
May 10, 2018 5:48 AM

Apr 2008
KazeNoHimitsu said:
WALL OF TEXT REVIEW HERE

You wasted your time. All of the episodes since the method to stop Juggernaut Drive are non canon and have been retconned out of existence in the current ongoing season. Rather aggressively and decisively at that
May 10, 2018 7:12 AM
Apr 2018
[quote=Darklight0303]
KazeNoHimitsu said:
WALL OF TEXT REVIEW HERE

Darklight0303 said:
KazeNoHimitsu said:
WALL OF TEXT REVIEW HERE

You wasted your time. All of the episodes since the method to stop Juggernaut Drive are non canon and have been retconned out of existence in the current ongoing season. Rather aggressively and decisively at that

OMG xD xD
Exciting! I can’t wait to watch the new season, in which case I imagine it’s close to the LN the members of our forum have been hyping up to epic proportions.

Darkness of the land ! What the hell did they change studios? The animation is terrible for DXD hero. It hurts to watch. #despair
KazeNoHimitsuMay 11, 2018 9:26 AM
May 12, 2018 1:36 AM

Apr 2008
[quote=KazeNoHimitsu message=55214295]
Darklight0303 said:
KazeNoHimitsu said:
WALL OF TEXT REVIEW HERE

Darklight0303 said:

OMG xD xD
Exciting! I can’t wait to watch the new season, in which case I imagine it’s close to the LN the members of our forum have been hyping up to epic proportions.

Darkness of the land ! What the hell did they change studios? The animation is terrible for DXD hero. It hurts to watch. #despair

Of course they changed the studio after the raping that TNK did in BORN
May 21, 2018 10:58 AM
Dec 2017
The enemies were coming out of the woodworks this season. They were literally showing up at random, coming and going with little explanation as to why. Because of this, I found the plot chaotic this season. If it weren't for the harem/ ecchi and fan service I probably would've dropped this show.

I understood why most of Rias servants/ crew joined her. I don't get why Rossweisse joins her so easily, Rias is now your master and your her servant. Like don't Rossweisse know if she ever tried to leave Rias peerage, Rias would have her killed.

I need to just enjoy the ride and don't focus too much on the plot. I give High School DxD Born a very generous 7/10.
May 21, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2008
Rias would never kill anyone in her peerage. Are you insane?
Apr 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
Darklight0303 said:
autisticanime said:
So, what was the deal with Issei and Rias memory loss after the beach scene? Did they lose their memory or were just pretending?

Maybe it's because I didn't read the LN's but I didn't find it that bad. Does it feel rushed and have some issues in explaining things? Yes. However, I didn't find the original anime stuff too offensive and otherwise it's the same DxD I've come to expect.

6/10.

The memory is gone so thank fuck since that would destroy the meaning of a scene later in the story.

I don't know what happens later on but in the context of a pure anime viewer this "memory loss" garbage just pisses me off. Finally some character development and then its just pissed away by the two forgetting. Now I have to deal with Issei who cares so much for the girl he loves that he calls her "President". Whole thing pisses me off.

If it interferes with something later down the storyline then it shouldn't have been included at all. As it is it just feels like a cheap way to stretch even further this annoying trope of never advancing a relationship.

Was going to give season a 6 but dropping to 5 for this teeth grinding stupidity.
Apr 3, 2019 3:01 PM

Apr 2008
gswelcome said:
Darklight0303 said:

The memory is gone so thank fuck since that would destroy the meaning of a scene later in the story.

I don't know what happens later on but in the context of a pure anime viewer this "memory loss" garbage just pisses me off. Finally some character development and then its just pissed away by the two forgetting. Now I have to deal with Issei who cares so much for the girl he loves that he calls her "President". Whole thing pisses me off.

If it interferes with something later down the storyline then it shouldn't have been included at all. As it is it just feels like a cheap way to stretch even further this annoying trope of never advancing a relationship.

Was going to give season a 6 but dropping to 5 for this teeth grinding stupidity.

It was anime original trash that was confirmed to be nothing more than the director's ego
Apr 3, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2008
Darklight0303 said:
gswelcome said:

It was anime original trash that was confirmed to be nothing more than the director's ego

Wanted something that looked good even if completely pointless and goes against the story, sounds like a director...
Jun 28, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
The Oppai Dragon Song is my new jam! XD Overall, this season was a lot more mature and exciting, even trough i had doubts about it that this season will top the previous, sence that season had more searious moments. I also liked that we've got more info about the Girls, especially Akeno and Koneko, but we've also got to see Rias-sama's other side.
Aug 20, 2019 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
This season was okay. The plot felt rushed and all over the place and not a lot of laughs this time around.
Nov 5, 2019 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
I'm only disappointed that we never got to enter the tournament. Sure, some parts could've been fleshed out a bit more, but at least I was able to follow the events. Although, I was left with questions at times.

Still another good watch. This series is just super enjoyable overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2020 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
Man The oppai song is truly great a bit repetitive but classy. I'm starting to hate when issei calls her president now lol wish he called her by name... Damn it rias why u do dis

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 1, 2020 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
Man The oppai song is truly great a bit repetitive but classy. I'm starting to hate when issei calls her president now lol wish he called her by name... Damn it rias why u do dis

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 13, 2021 6:51 AM

Apr 2020
Well their relationship is progressing
Just very fucking slowly
But still a fun watch.
Apr 23, 2021 6:55 PM
Jan 2017
Meh I dont see why so many people are all bent outta shape about this season I thought it was fine maybe a bit slower paced than seasons 1&2, annnd the end song for the last episode being that "grabbing dragon" song waaas veeeery stupid in my opinion but that aside I still like it. annnd gotta say i dont really see the point of plantinum haired Nordic chic she was 100% a filler character the vampire atleast had some diversity to him being both a vampire that can stop time and a trap character.
overall 10/10 in my book. maaaybe techinically more like 9.5/10
May 11, 2021 2:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
*sad akeno noises* although it's fine because rias is equally just as waifu, plus akeno already got her good moments in earlier on.

Glad this had a pretty satisfactory ending, because I intend to just stop here and not even bother with that animation change they had in dxd: hero. Not by too much, but this season is definitely my favorite of the three we got.

I like just about every character they present in this show and that's saying a lot since there is quite the myriad of a clusterfuck of characters that they throw at us. One of my favorites is actually the twin-tailed angel chick who isn't exactly even part of the squad and thus didn't get as much screen time this season. And the white dragon dude (vlad, or something? I'm not even going to bother trying to remember names) is cool asf. Yeah you just be awesome and lean against that tree my dude.

At the forefront it's your essential ecchi harem anime, but I'm glad that this one actually has some form of substance behind it. Each of these girls have their own significant story that they are built on that makes them more fleshed out than your typical female harem character who usually is nothing more than a throwaway ecchi generator. Even akeno who you'd expect to just be there to moan issei's name actually had her own heartfelt moment earlier on this season.

And all in all, amidst all the bouncing boobs and butts, I'd venture to say that this series, especially this season, at its core is actually really about family and being there for each other. Even if that's stretching it, just come on, let me have this

Still can't rate it higher than I did the previous two season, which were both 5/10's for me, but this is still my favorite my a slim margin. Kind of surprised to say this, but I have the slightest pang of post-anime depression right now. And no I am not ashamed to say that in the slightest. I am going to actually miss this show.

Guess I'll go have some last minute fun with those specials which are sure not to disappoint lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 3, 2021 2:55 AM
Jul 2020
This season was chaotic ngl especially the first half of it but i'll give it a 7 i think.

Although if compared to my rating on s1 and s2 which were 10, that's a massive gap really
Jan 24, 2022 1:06 PM

Jun 2020
i too sleep naked with my sister 😐
Aug 31, 2022 8:05 AM
Feb 2021
over mid anime season
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Aug 2020
I never read the LN or the manga or anything, I only watch the anime as I'm not invested enough to read everything. Even so, after reading a few of the other posts from the previous episode forum, I can understand people's disdain for this season. I watched the second season what feels like months, maybe even over a year ago, so it's not in the forefront of my mind but this season definitely felt different. I didn't hate it, didn't love it. I might continue this series but I'm not sure yet. 

Mar 21, 2023 7:08 PM

Jul 2017
This season's ending was weaker than the other two, but the overall episodes were as good as the previous ones.

Rossweisse became part of the Gremory family now, huh. What's next, we'll see Irina joining too?
May 28, 2023 4:48 AM
Jul 2020
Was good although could've been better
Jun 16, 2023 5:33 PM
Jun 2023
fucking appalling. my boyfriend made me hateb this fucking show and it gives me ptsd
Jun 24, 2023 9:47 AM
May 2017
It was a sh!tshow. Any sense of serious story telling it had was lost in this season and the behavior of the MC didn't mature in terms of control over lust and he spew the same old friendship non-sense.
Jun 29, 2023 2:48 PM
Apr 2022
this was a good season
Sep 20, 2023 9:49 PM

Dec 2022
Not enough ecchi. Also, the plot felt a bit slapdash, with recycled arc premises and a neverending barrage of new characters who disappear as quickly as they're introduced. The combat scenes were the highlight of this watch, and the main redeeming factor. Issei finally got some relationship development with the other girls as well, despite Rias's best efforts. It's still okay, but I wish it had more refinement to it than "a lot of crazy stuff happens".

Shaded Horizon

Oct 1, 2023 8:39 AM

Nov 2020
Yet another love confession that was forgotten?

Are you kidding me?
Nov 4, 2023 9:44 PM
Feb 2022
loved it and rias is just the best waifu ever
Jan 1, 3:54 PM
Jan 2024
Great, recently finished this.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

259 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 13, 2023 7:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.