Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2015 4:36 AM

Feb 2015
@Inferno Cop,@Slovak

On topic,I also found the same with Kill La Kill..it started of with a bang but then..
Jun 9, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
Vocal minorities ain't gonna change UBW's ratings.
Jun 9, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:

vocal majority aint going to change the fact that UBW is BAD also.
Jun 9, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
ZA_WAYD said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

vocal majority aint going to change the fact that UBW is BAD also.

Sure. Have it your way.
Dull_LullJun 9, 2015 4:52 AM
Jun 9, 2015 4:49 AM

Sep 2014
Spirited away - terribly boring movie, I have no idea why it's so high in the top, I almost dropped it halfway through

tokyo ghoul - one of the worst anime I have watched, honestly. terrible
Jun 9, 2015 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
laidellent said:
@Inferno Cop,@Slovak
For those wondering,the first two links I provided is of the most popular/trusted VN downloadable site in the net and their ranking shows more credibility than any random YouTube recommendations because I don't I need to establish the credibility of YouTube communities here.
For the third one,The guy has played over a 100 VN's IIRC and can be considered a pro in that medium.So experience does account to something imo.

MAL is the most popular anime listing site and its ranking shows more credibility than random youtube list, should I use it for arguement as well about How F/z is better because it is rated higher than UBW?
Tenshi_Shura said:

They also not gonna affect the sales, why are we even here talking about anime, it is not like this is an anime forum, OH WAIT.
Inferno_CopJun 9, 2015 5:04 AM
Jun 9, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Inferno_Cop said:

MAL is the most popular anime listing site and its ranking shows more credibility than random youtube list, should I use it for arguement as well about How F/z is better because it is rated higher than UBW?

MAL's ratings don't mean shit, honestly how can you use that as an argument?

Imaishi said:
Spirited away - terribly boring movie, I have no idea why it's so high in the top, I almost dropped it halfway through

I have to agree with that.

"Ah, what? What? Who are you? Ahh another Undead, eh? I took on Sen's Fortress alone... But I'm no different from those vile creatures... I was driven by conceit... Ahh, you think you're different? That you can handle it? Yes, I remember that feeling. For I was the same... So let me help you out. With your souls searching."
Crestfallen Merchant
Jun 9, 2015 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
Vasz_ said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Read carefully or better read conversation from the last page, that is what I am saying, ratings on listing sites doesn't mean shit, do not use them in arguement to prove a point.
Jun 9, 2015 5:11 AM

Apr 2014
Inferno_Cop said:
Vasz_ said:

Read carefully or better read conversation from the last page, that is what I am saying, ratings on listing sites doesn't mean shit, do not use them in arguement to prove a point.

My bad, I agree with you then.

"Ah, what? What? Who are you? Ahh another Undead, eh? I took on Sen's Fortress alone... But I'm no different from those vile creatures... I was driven by conceit... Ahh, you think you're different? That you can handle it? Yes, I remember that feeling. For I was the same... So let me help you out. With your souls searching."
Crestfallen Merchant
Jun 9, 2015 5:13 AM

Feb 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
laidellent said:
@Inferno Cop,@Slovak
For those wondering,the first two links I provided is of the most popular/trusted VN downloadable site in the net and their ranking shows more credibility than any random YouTube recommendations because I don't I need to establish the credibility of YouTube communities here.
For the third one,The guy has played over a 100 VN's IIRC and can be considered a pro in that medium.So experience does account to something imo.

Vasz_ said:
Inferno_Cop said:

^This
That site has a lot more credibility than this one considering DXD was ranked 13 before it aired at one point of time.
Jun 9, 2015 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
Code Geass...I guess I just don't like mecha anime.
Took an hour to find this signature
Jun 9, 2015 5:23 AM

Jun 2012
Here's my list of anime series that IMHO doesn't actually live up to the hype:

1. Angel Beats!
Many people loved this anime, especially Kanade. But I seriously think that AB! and Kanade herself isn't as godly as people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, the characters and their backstories are quite interesting (such as Otonashi's past). But... no, everything else just didn't really appeal to me. So I ended up following my friend's suggestion to drop it after Episode 10. Furthermore, I only saw Kanade as an okay character. Dull, but still okay. The problem is... she is overwhelmingly overrated!

2. Sword Art Online
Yeah, here comes the big guy himself, the grand-daddy of ultra-overrated anime series (I might be exaggerating there). While I found SAO to be rather enjoyable the first time I watched it, I began to pay less and less attention to that anime as time goes on, especially with those Sao Fengs (SAO fanboys) in the mix. I eventually ended up being a guy who likes to mock SAO for being a bad show with its many-many flaws and near-zero redeeming qualities. Man, if I already figured out about all that from the start...

3. Tokyo Ghoul
Yeah, once again, I'm raising hell about Tokyo Ghoul. People were hyping this anime like crazy. Uh, not just the anime itself, but especially Kaneki, that one pathetic protagonist who's so loved by fans just because of how he looks (with his black ghoul outfit, white hair, black nails, and a creepy mask - not counting his ghoul powers) while totally overlooking his other aspects. I braved the whole 1st season just to see if Kaneki was that awesome and if the anime was actually good. And I was wrong... really wrong.

4. Kyoukai no Kanata
I only watched about 1-2 episodes of that anime. Many people seemed to love it just because it was made by KyoAni, and Mirai was notorious for her "fuyukai desu". But, to be frank, just watching those 2 first episodes was enough to make me say that Kyoukai no Kanata wasn't all that great.

5. Damnachi err I mean Danmachi
Thanks to Desta err I mean Hestia's gigantic hype, I ended up watching Danmachi. And, well, after just one episode, I could already see where this anime is going (especially with its main character voiced by none other than Kiritod's voice actor). Hestia herself is... well... not so good, and not so bad. She's just OK, but she is definitely OVERHYPED.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Jun 9, 2015 5:24 AM

Sep 2012
laidellent said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Vasz_ said:

^This
That site has a lot more credibility than this one considering DXD was ranked 13 before it aired at one point of time.

I do not think MAL ratings are credible as you can just read my post above your last post, I am just showing you your logic.

VNDB listing site ratings = credible

Anime listing site ratings =/= not credible

Why is that, because fuck logic? opinion de facto? Some kind of magic?

Also lets say for one minute that MAL ratings are not credible and VNDB ratings are(which might be true), then what? Why Tenshi_ is using ratings as to shut down minority opinions then, contradiction between Fate/ fans?
Last time I checked I never attacked VN fans or VN in general.
Inferno_CopJun 9, 2015 5:33 AM
Jun 9, 2015 6:19 AM

Feb 2015
I don' t think I am trying to shut down anyone's opinion ,"minority" or not.I just sated the reasons why I mentioned about those links in my previous post.

People are free to criticize what they want and I am perfectly alright with it as long as they are constructive.
Jun 9, 2015 6:21 AM
Mar 2012
apparently Owari No Seraph
Jun 9, 2015 6:24 AM
Sep 2013
I remember Glasslip being hyped last year, totally did not live up to the hype and everyone's expectations.
Jun 9, 2015 6:24 AM

Jul 2014
I would say Highschool DxD even though its insanely popular for some reason but personally I didn't find it that satisfying

Jun 9, 2015 6:25 AM

Mar 2014
Codege-ass1 said:
'Apparently' is right. I never saw any hype about it, but the second it began everyone was saying it was overrated and whatnot. It's all rather confusing.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jun 9, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
I can't speak for the second season since I haven't watched it yet but the first season of UBW was actually more enjoyable than reading that segment of the VN. But I guess people were also hyping up UBW like it was the second coming of christ so ofc it was never going to live up to the hype.
Jun 9, 2015 6:26 AM

May 2014
NERigby96 said:
Codege-ass1 said:
'Apparently' is right. I never saw any hype about it, but the second it began everyone was saying it was overrated and whatnot. It's all rather confusing.

its not even that hyped .... TG got more hype then this.
Jun 9, 2015 6:28 AM
Mar 2012
NERigby96 said:
Codege-ass1 said:

haha yeah!
Jun 9, 2015 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
Feaor said:
I can't speak for the second season since I haven't watched it yet but the first season of UBW was actually more enjoyable than reading that segment of the VN. But I guess people were also hyping up UBW like it was the second coming of christ so ofc it was never going to live up to the hype.

Nothing ever lives up to the hype.
Jun 9, 2015 6:32 AM

Nov 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Feaor said:

There are a lot of things that live up to hype.

Jun 9, 2015 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Eh, I think most of my favorites lived up to the hype, especially The Tatami Galaxy.

NERigby96 said:
Codege-ass1 said:
I'm pretty sure people were thrashing it from the get go because it was Studio Wit with Sawano doing the music and had a similar plot to SnK so people took to calling it Attack on Vampire. I went it expecting it to be bad to mediocre but its alright, the MC is kinda a drag but then again so was Eren.
Jun 9, 2015 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
AzureDaora said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

For example...
Jun 9, 2015 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
i have to say that's too many for me. maybe because my taste wierd. just look at my drop list. soo many famous anime in there. and only for this season.

Owari No Seraph: Over shounen cliche, even black clover better than it in cliche. animation suck even it art good, character development are week, and it joke are not funny for me.
Oregairu: this is just Antisocial people fix his problem, add romance, add little friendship and done. soo many dialogue meaningless, not like season 1. and every problem simply fixing quickly and forced for me. it story character start annoying with too many flag on it.
Arslan: have too slow paced, the antagonist is annoying and childish, revenge cliche is strong in this series.
Yamada-kun: all character other than yamada become useless.

dont take me serious, as i said, i have wierd taste.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 9, 2015 6:38 AM

Nov 2014
Unyilkdr said:
i have to say that's too many for me. maybe because my taste wierd. just look at my drop list. soo many famous anime in there. and only for this season.

> Dropped mononoke and Kino
> Gave them 9

wut

Jun 9, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
I really don't know why Kill La Kill was that hyped, it was boring, had pretty bad animation and was just stupid.
Jun 9, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2015
I don't keep up with new releases or hype or whatever, so it's hard for me to be disappointed by it.
Jun 9, 2015 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
I really don't know why Kill La Kill was that hyped, it was boring, had pretty bad animation and was just stupid.

>boring
>bad animation

are you sure you talk about Kill la Kill?
i can understand it not being to someone's tastes, but boring?
Jun 9, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
Enmity_ said:
I remember Glasslip being hyped last year, totally did not live up to the hype and everyone's expectations.

i don't think it was that hyped. even if it was, it died down pretty quickly lol
Jun 9, 2015 6:42 AM

Mar 2015
AzureDaora said:
Unyilkdr said:

> Dropped mononoke and Kino
> Gave them 9

wut

kino no tabi get me everytime, always depressed after episode end, i cant handle my feelings anymore.
mononoke have amazing in everything, story, plot, character, EVERYTHING. but how scary it animated make me can't sleep. i easily to get scary, fuck my life.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Oct 2014
UBW has the problems that:

1. It was WAY overhyped.
2. While some VN readers wanted EVEN MORE dialogue/thoughts, anime-onlys wanted less of them... can't please everyone it seems
3. The most recent episode was probably the worst of the whole series and now quite a few people use that as an excuse to say that the whole series is bad, as if the most recent episode had been the whole series. I mean look at the ranking! Just because of 1(!) episode the ranking fell by about 10 positions on MAL.

Nov 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
AzureDaora said:

For example...
A lot.
Most monogatari, most recent madhouse stuff, Railgun S, Nichijou, Madoka, etc.
In this season, Arslan Senki, Kekkai Sensen, and Ore Monogatari come to mind.

Jun 9, 2015 6:46 AM

Mar 2015
AzureDaora said:
A lot.

Monogatari series other than bake and second season are suck, madhouse give use death parade and mahou sensou, nichijou never get hyped from the first place.
Jun 9, 2015 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
F/SN UBW the most obvious contestant,Akame ga Kill! ditto.
Gintama was hardly funny. Kingdom is cliché shounen. Rainbow is shounen trying to be seinen. Magi is quite bad.HxH movies are terrible. Eureka Seven AO is terrible "sequel" to good series. Zankyou no Terror did not have much besides good animation and OST.
Jun 9, 2015 6:55 AM

Oct 2012
Unyilkdr said:
Monogatari series other than bake and second season are suck, madhouse give use death parade and mahou sensou, nichijou never get hyped from the first place.
The only part of Monogatari so far that is notably worse is Nisemonogatari and its still head and shoulders above most of the dross that comes out. Neko:Kuro seems underwhelming because its not completely self contained, all of the resolution comes from Hanekawa's arc in Second Season and Hanamonogatari is excellent, its my 3rd favorite arc so far.
Jun 9, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2013
DejWo said:
Gintama was hardly funny. Kingdom is cliché shounen. Rainbow is shounen trying to be seinen. Magi is quite bad.HxH movies are terrible. Eureka Seven AO is terrible "sequel" to good series. Zankyou no Terror did not have much besides good animation and OST.

You imply like shonen is inherently bad. And you're wrong.
Jun 9, 2015 7:00 AM

Nov 2014
Unyilkdr said:
AzureDaora said:
A lot.

Only nise is in negative light as far as I've lurked.

Death Parade is generally receiving positive responses, especially during when it was airing. Mahou Sensou is the only one I know that is in negative light.

I remember Nichijou being hyped. Heck, most Kyoani stuff get hyped.

Jun 9, 2015 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
Feaor said:
Unyilkdr said:
The only part of Monogatari so far that is notably worse is Nisemonogatari and its still head and shoulders above most of the dross that comes out. Neko:Kuro seems underwhelming because its not completely self contained, all of the resolution comes from Hanekawa's arc in Second Season and Hanamonogatari is excellent, its my 3rd favorite arc so far.
hanamonogatari have self centered story and annoying antagonist. Tsukimonogatari is very predictable and have annoying dialogoe, especially that dollsgirls. and again, i find nekomonogatari is best arc outside main series. because it explaining how hanekawa feeling towards araragi really good. as i said, my taste really wierd.
Jun 9, 2015 7:01 AM

Oct 2012
robis798 said:
Shounen is for kids so ofc its bad, I'm an adult.
Jun 9, 2015 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
robis798 said:
DejWo said:

Nope?
I rated HxH quite high and FMA:B is good as well. One Piece would be better if it did not have such slow pacing.

Rainbow feels ridiculous because it tries too hard to be mature and dark and comes off as bad.
Kingdom on the other hand is...well,cliché shounen. From characters to fights.
I personally do not enjoy shounen clichés much and the execution was lacking and seeing the same thing over and over,there is no wonder person gets fed up with it.
Jun 9, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Imaishi said:
Milk_is_Special said:

>boring
>bad animation

are you sure you talk about Kill la Kill?
i can understand it not being to someone's tastes, but boring?
Yes boring. I didn't take any enjoyment out of the show whatsoever. It tried to be way to serious when it was just stupid. I fell asleep on multiple occasions while watching it so yeah. The only redeeming factor of the show is that guy with his pink nipples.
Jun 9, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
DejWo said:
robis798 said:

Nope?
I rated HxH quite high and FMA:B is good as well. One Piece would be better if it did not have such slow pacing.

Rainbow feels ridiculous because it tries too hard to be mature and dark and comes off as bad.
I personally do not enjoy shounen clichés much and the execution was lacking and seeing the same thing over and over,there is no wonder person gets fed up with it.

But Kingdom is seinen.
Jun 9, 2015 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
Inferno_Cop said:
DejWo said:

Nope?

But Kingdom is seinen.

Yup,I saw the tags
But it is shounen at heart I would not consider it seinen anime if by seinen we mean more mature anime/manga.
Jun 9, 2015 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
AzureDaora said:
Death Parade is generally receiving positive responses, especially during when it was airing. Mahou Sensou is the only one I know that is in negative light.
but, that CGI bro?
AzureDaora said:
I remember Nichijou being hyped. Heck, most Kyoani stuff get hyped.

nope it's not. i still can remember how few viewer in it trailer on youtube compare another kyoani stuff. and it disc doesn't sell well, even almost stopped in the middle.
Jun 9, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
DejWo said:
Inferno_Cop said:

But Kingdom is seinen.

Yup,I saw the tags
But it is shounen at heart I would not consider it seinen anime if by seinen we mean more mature anime/manga.

Like K-On.
Jun 9, 2015 7:16 AM

Oct 2012
DejWo said:
Yup,I saw the tags
Seinen has nothing to do with maturity, it has everything to do with what demographic a manga is marketed towards, K-On! is every bit as much a seinen manga as Berserk is.
Jun 9, 2015 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
robis798 said:
DejWo said:

Yup,I saw the tags

Like K-On.

I have not seen nor read K-On,so I can't say how it compares.
But the thing is that Kingdom still uses the shounen clichés,which I detest.
Jun 9, 2015 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Feaor said:
DejWo said:
Yup,I saw the tags
Seinen has nothing to do with maturity, it has everything to do with what demographic a manga is marketed towards, K-On! is every bit as much a seinen manga as Berserk is.

Yup,it is aimed at more mature audiences.
I do not deny that K-On is seinen.
My issue is with shounen clichés in Kingdom.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

30 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» When is an anime too long or too short for you?

Spunkert - 5 hours ago

15 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 minutes ago

» who was your first/best anime waifu?

Coldsp33d - 4 hours ago

13 by Lhundrup »»
11 minutes ago

» What exactly are the perks of having waifu?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

17 by Rhae »»
24 minutes ago

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 4 hours ago

15 by Rhae »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.