Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 30, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
ProphecyPriest said:
And here it comes. Anime-only saltiness, please GTFO back to your own dark and edgy show that is /Zero. By now it should be clear that this is not the show you're looking for.

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

Jul 2013
CapsuleCore said:
Large pic:

Grail-kun how can I make more friends?

Mar 2015
ProphecyPriest said:
And here it comes. Anime-only saltiness, please GTFO back to your own dark and edgy show that is /Zero. By now it should be clear that this is not the show you're looking for.

But I had to tear up when they showed Emiya's past in Middle-East. Coupled with Emiya BGM, that sure is a cheap way to make some feels. My only problem is that this is another DEEN scene of Shirou deflecting TWO hugeass swords before the stab, instead of copying Archer's swordspam.
Man, that real wasted potential of showing competent Shirou.

And usual Shinji scene is as I imagined, maybe even more gruesome than the VN.

Archer projection was really weak because he lacked mana and resolve, so it's understandable
May 30, 2015 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

I'd say it's good choreography, actually, as compared to some of their sfx fests a la Saber vs Berserker and about as good as Lancer vs Archer round 1, too bad it's in an inappropriate place.

choreography that is a plothole and goes against what should be going on is NOT a good choreography.

Pls explain shirou's crazy parkour fighting skills?
True enough,this episode's fight didnt give the impression of Shirou desperately fighting against himself with all he got with the little energy he has by adding those acrobatic spins,jumps and stuff(Seriously wtf?)...Thats a bummer but not something to decrease the enjoyment i got from the episode...

5/5
May 30, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
It was an alright episode. Answer was fine, Gil scene could have been more visually engaging than talking heads.

MightyM16 said:
My only complaint about the episode is Shirou giving just a flesh wound to Archer and not really stabing him through the freaking chest

They needed to convey visually that Archer didn't lose the fight physically - he could still move, but it was moot because he realized Shirou was right.
May 30, 2015 12:39 PM

Feb 2013
idk,

Bottom line here is that if you're not liking the anime original contents, you're probably going to be disappointed to the end. The epilogue will probably be 90% cut and paste, but expect flashbacks and annoying Gilgamesh back story sequences leading up to the final showdown.

I`m only hoping that the team for HF is going to be different and not include our resident favorite director of Nasu adaptations
//Sarcasm
May 30, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Caliburn220 said:
They needed to convey visually that Archer didn't lose the fight physically - he could still move, but it was moot because he realized Shirou was right.
An average anime watcher with an average IQ should be able to understand that much tho...But adding that simple line from VN wouldnt hurt....(Saber:"Why Archer?")
May 30, 2015 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
Caliburn220 said:
It was an alright episode. Answer was fine, Gil scene could have been more visually engaging than talking heads.

MightyM16 said:
My only complaint about the episode is Shirou giving just a flesh wound to Archer and not really stabing him through the freaking chest

Good point, this makes sense
May 30, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
Guilek said:
CapsuleCore said:
Large pic:

Grail-kun how can I make more friends?

Mar 2013
So apparently, parkour is now a plothole.

Aug 2010
They screwed the end of the fight pretty bad. The scene felt kinda unnatural and disjointed, and even emiya song wasn't as hype as I thought it would be (not the actual song, but the use of it... cutting the beginning? You do not cut the Emiya!). + they interpreted Shirou's whole mindset and ideal kinda wrong...
Oh... And I lol'd pretty hard at the very end of the fight. Looked like Archer didn't even care about the stab and everything went all casual suddenly. Yet again, just like the last week (even if it hurts my soul), I must say that DEEN did somehow better job; at least it was dramatic...

(side note: I was really looking forward at Archer using other weapons in close combat, like Caladbolg and the other sword I forgot the name of, and the final showdown having both Archer and Shirou using those cool curved swords instead of Kanshou and Bakuya. Oh well. :/)

I didn't mind that much at the beginning of the show, but now, when my fav scenes get adapted, it's pretty clear that Miura just isn't the best director ever.The show overall doesn't flow for some reason. Say what you want, but Zero was much better adaptation. And KnK is like whole new level (except for the 6th movie heh).
May 30, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Zero sequel > Shirou's character and conflict of ideals confirmed. Though honestly Answer was as good as it could have been all things considered. They handled the descriptive mental aspect quite well, it just all felt so fragmented without a solid Shirou POV that so much potential impact was lost. They went for Archer impact more than anything with the Kerry glimpse, but it still had its relevance to Shirou's answer. Same with Saber's flashback. You understand what its presence does for the thematic direction, but because her exposition was so fragmented and unsubstantial it felt like more of a half hearted Zero nod than a relevance to the clash of ideals.

This is the adaptation's biggest problem I feel. It's like the staff is split between maintaining the Zero feel and going all in on Shirou's character and the crux of the story's themes. I won't say that made Answer completely fall short because I think they still managed to represent the heart of it, but the ending certainly might fall short because of it.
May 30, 2015 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Gilgamesh killed Archer and then betrayed Shinji at the end.
May 30, 2015 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
LoneWizard said:
Caliburn220 said:
An average anime watcher with an average IQ should be able to understand that much tho...But adding that simple line from VN wouldnt hurt....(Saber:"Why Archer?")

Display of hesitation by Archer, the flashback, and his remarks about being too sentimental should make it obvious that Archer ended up deciding to lose.
May 30, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
TrueKirei said:
ProphecyPriest said:

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN

Soon to be HF Movie>Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN. After all Kirei is most epic in HF.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 30, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
May I check something really quick? Am I the only one who likes Shinji? Not in an ironic way, not in a "his appearances give comedy to the show way", now in an I like to see him suffer way. Genuinely liking him?
May 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
LoneWizard said:
Caliburn220 said:

zero need to add a line since the anime made it incredibly clear. maybe focus more on what is happening on the screen and don't just read subs. archer's expression + saber's expression are all you need.

a picture is worth a thousand words
May 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
WhipItGood said:
May I check something really quick? Am I the only one who likes Shinji? Not in an ironic way, not in a "his appearances give comedy to the show way", now in an I like to see him suffer way. Genuinely liking him?

He has his uses.

May 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
WhipItGood said:
May i hear your reasons?
May 30, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
WhipItGood said:

I like Shinji in that he effectively fulfills his role.

If you mean like him as a person, no. But uh, your taste is your own taste, I guess?
May 30, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
KamiCity said:
Vanisher said:

No it doesn't matter if there's an explanation if that explanation is clearly just an excuse to get that outcome, instead of that explanation being the logical reason that leads to that outcome to happen in the first place.

Everytime shirou (or rin) is in danger one is always expecting someone or something to save them or the enemy to leave, that's all there's to it.

It can matter though, so I was wrong with how I said it, for example Archer not killing shirou and trying to make Shirou regret his ideal is fine because that's what he's trying to do.

But they do have logical reasons and explanations.

Ilya and Berserker - Ilya's personality, Archers unexpected noble phantasm, and the backstory between her kiritusugu and shirou.

Caster and Kuzuki - Shirou's unexpected projection, Saber got back up + not knowing sabers noble phantasm. After we figured out Caster's noble phantasm would you say rule breaker could win against any Noble phantasm at all?

Caster and Kuzuki pt - Archer letting them go/ because he was playing caster from the start.

Gil after Berserker/Ilya - The heart would spoil, His interest in rin got peaked, Archer views everyone as bugs and deemed them not important. Personality plays a key factor, arrogance has lost wars throughout history.

Here again, Gils personality is a fitting reason, he could care less about shirou. Archer was his target, and he wouldn't kill Saber that easily, he's taunting her and Shirou.

Once again I don't like the reasons =/= plot armor

Plot armor is defined, and the definition states it must be "unexplained"
If you ignore that then you are trying to make up your own definition to words.

Illya just saw Archer taking a life off Berserker or at the very least unleashing a lot of destruction. She did the smart thing to retreat because she doesn't know what Archer is holding back. Having Saber and an Archer that just proved himself to fight Bersker is unnecessary risk.

Caster and Kuzuki was stated in the anime that Saber underestimated Kuzuki. Once she got back up and shown in a striking position, it was clear that Kuzuki and Caster had to retreat because they overplayed their hand. Kuzuki can't surprise Saber any longer. What people miss is that right after Saber went easy on him, he blew off part of her neck, then she started to become very clumsy and weak. But once she regains composure he shouldn't fight her.

Your explanations aren't wrong but I think the ones above are the primary reasons. A lot of people don't understand and need things to be told verbally. For example, some didn't even know that Kuzuki was strengthened by Caster even though it was stated in episode 10 and Kuzuki always had purple magic around his limbs.
May 30, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2014
WhipItGood said:

He's very honest.

May 30, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:
WhipItGood said:

He's very honest.

......... when he thinks he isn't in trouble or lying isn't the best option.
May 30, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
ANGRY2011 said:
SwordHand said:

He's very honest.

No,he is a generic tsundere...He cant even concede that he likes Shirou and acts like villain around him...

Aug 2014
Pretty awesome episode. Stupid anime original stuff but whatever.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jul 2014
LoneWizard said:
WhipItGood said:
May i hear your reasons?

I just do. He's pleasant, in a human way, he reacts very belieavably given his backstory and develops a very expectable selfish pettiness, that to be honest, I miss seeing in anime/manga characters.
Besides, fate is filled with scumbags, people like
too and they do far worse stuff than Shinji. Granted, they have far worse stuff done to them than him, but the stuff that happened to him was bad as well. He had bad stuff done to him and developed badly they had worse stuff done to them and developed worse. It's a little meh to see them get a free pass simple due to being cute. Shinji just feels very human. In a scumbagy way, but human.

Jul 2013
WhipItGood said:

Who can resist to this guy?
May 30, 2015 12:56 PM
Apr 2014
WhipItGood said:

I bet you also like worms.
May 30, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
If Sakura's getting those h scenes in the movie adaptations I need at least implied sex for Rin instead of dolphins, just ain't fair to #1 girl.
May 30, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2014
Gilgamesh is the main reason why this episode is a 9/10 for me. He has a most noble cause too.

Another plus for showing Shinji in pain. Made me laugh hysterically.

The fight seen is the reason why this episode wasn't perfect. While Archer vs. Shirou conclusion was fine, I just had much higher hopes for the fight. Also the EMIYA theme was way too short.

Nov 2014
ANGRY2011 said:
SwordHand said:

He's very honest.

Shinji has never lied.

Aug 2013
LoneWizard said:
CookingPriest said:

choreography that is a plothole and goes against what should be going on is NOT a good choreography.

Pls explain shirou's crazy parkour fighting skills?
True enough,this episode's fight didnt give the impression of Shirou desperately fighting against himself with all he got with the little energy he has by adding those acrobatic spins,jumps and stuff(Seriously wtf?)...Thats a bummer but not something to decrease the enjoyment i got from the episode...

5/5

He lacked powerful technique. Sure those were acrobatics but they didn't really look deadly. Meanwhile, Archer was solid on his foot. Shirou looks the most desperate toward the end when he's slashing at Archer and the "camera" slow mos on Shirou's face during Archer monologue. Shirou is shown to be frantically pushing himself.
May 30, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
WhipItGood said:
LoneWizard said:
May i hear your reasons?

I just do. He's pleasant, in a human way, he reacts very belieavably given his backstory and develops a very expectable selfish pettiness, that to be honest, I miss seeing in anime/manga characters.
Besides, fate is filled with scumbags, people like [spoiler]Illya
[/quote]You lost me there...

Drake1000 said:
May 30, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2015
TrueKirei said:
ProphecyPriest said:

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

I honestly thought you can do better than this, you useless stepbrother. Well no matter, /Apocrypha would trump all in the end.
May 30, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Kolios said:
LoneWizard said:

5/5

He lacked powerful technique. Sure those were acrobatics but they didn't really look deadly. Meanwhile, Archer was solid on his foot. Shirou looks the most desperate toward the end when he's slashing at Archer and the "camera" slow mos on Shirou's face during Archer monologue. Shirou is shown to be frantically pushing himself.
A guy thats almost lost consciousness and desperately attacks cant do those spins,or wouldnt do,because those movements are not efficient....
May 30, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
Drake1000 said:
WhipItGood said:

Worms a shit, worst girl.
May 30, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
ProphecyPriest said:
TrueKirei said:

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

I honestly thought you can do better than this, you useless stepbrother. Well no matter, /Apocrypha would trump all in the end.

UBW>HF>Fate>UfoUBW>F/Z LN>F/Z ufo

Tsukihime>Fate>KnK
May 30, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
ewww shinji looked disgusting at the end

May 30, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
I was getting bored of Shirou and Archer's battle. The episode really picked up when Gilgamesh showed up. I'm guessing he will have a more active role in the few episodes left.

Mar 2015
ProphecyPriest said:
TrueKirei said:

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

I really want to read /Apocrypha but I keep getting turned off by the horrible choice for the black assassin servant

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Shinji has never lied.

Hm.......

Hmmmmmm......................................................

Ah, you got me. Well. Kind of? I feel he definitely hides his true intent, though he doesn't lie. Fair enough.
May 30, 2015 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
LoneWizard said:
Kolios said:

A guy thats almost lost consciousness and desperately attacks cant do those spins,or wouldnt do,because those movements are not efficient....

Acrobats aren't as technical as you make them seem to be. They're absolutely dumb and opens the attacker to obvious counter blows. That's why Shirou was desperate to resort to such dumb move that lacks fighting technique. It's out of desperation.
May 30, 2015 1:07 PM
Apr 2014
ProphecyPriest said:
TrueKirei said:

Zero>ufoUBW>FSN VN

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

UBW+HF>Zero>UfoUBW>Fate
Definitely interested in Apocrypha, though I heard it has the shittiest ending of all times.
Drake1000May 30, 2015 1:14 PM
May 30, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
devinder said:
I was getting bored of Shirou and Archer's battle. The episode really picked up when Gilgamesh showed up. I'm guessing he will have a more active role in the few episodes left.

yea i was getting sick of the repetitious grandstanding dialogue too

May 30, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2015
MightyM16 said:
ProphecyPriest said:

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

I really want to read /Apocrypha but I keep getting turned off by the horrible choice for the black assassin servant

You really should if they're all translated later.
May 30, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
Kolios said:
ProphecyPriest said:

F/sn VN > ufoUBW > F/Z

UBW>HF>Fate>UfoUBW>F/Z LN>F/Z ufo

Tsukihime>Fate>KnK

Your opinions is soo wrong XD. IMO:
KNK=fate=tsuki
F/SN (VN)>F/Z
F/Z>HF=UBW>fate
KNK 5=7>3>1>4>2>>>>>>6
I have no idea on the tsuki routes.
This is the correct opinion XD

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 30, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
Kolios said:
LoneWizard said:

Acrobats aren't as technical as you make them seem to be. They're absolutely dumb and opens the attacker to obvious counter blows. That's why Shirou was desperate to resort to such dumb move that lacks fighting technique. It's out of desperation.
wut?So shirou is in fact an acrobat?Big revealation...
May 30, 2015 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
The fight ended anticlimatically (should have gone more into Shirou's thoughts rather than Saber's), but at least Shinji got what he deserved, lol. Normally, I'd feel bad, but knowing what kind of bastard he is, I started laughing at that scene.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 30, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
I can't stop laughing.
May 30, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2015
Fenix29 said:
I can't stop laughing.

That face he made should've been censored, it's so unsightly.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.