Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2015 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
I want a game that captivated me like Shadow of the Colossus. I want to experience that same overwhelming feeling again. Like a tiny ant you know? I also want it to have little to no characters and a wide open field with larger bosses like this. Lush landscapes that aren't too jungleish, not too foresty, not too desertish, not too snowy, you know? Preferably an open meadow and dark cloudy weather.

I want the protagonist to be faceless at best with a simple goal and simple plan. I want a story that isn't told through words but rather, through the setting like Dark Souls. I don't want it to be a riding/walking simulator either. I definitely want combat, but something that isn't cheesy and too actiony. I mainly prefer that it just be boss fights throughout instead of with minions.

And that's my dream game.

What's yours?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2015 10:22 PM

Jun 2014
Something like what Prey 2 would've been.
May 9, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
rawr97 said:
Something like what Prey 2 would've been.
rip prey 2
I was really disappointed about its cancellation but I can see why Bethesda cancelled it. It's scope seemed to huge to manage.
May 9, 2015 10:26 PM

Dec 2014
Halo 5
nuff said
May 9, 2015 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
I would like the protagonist to be some sort of lecherous king who has to manage all his side women and bastard children while keeping his wife and kingdom in check.
Or maybe the protagonist would be the court jester or something but he's actually some sort of detective hired by the queen who does detective stuff.

I didn't really think about it, not too fond of video games.
OchimushaMay 9, 2015 10:34 PM
May 9, 2015 10:31 PM
Apr 2013
Half-Life 3
May 9, 2015 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I would like the protagonist to be some sort of lecherous king who has to manage all his side women and bastard children while keeping his wife and kingdom in check.
Or maybe the protagonist would be the court jester or something but he's actually some sort of detective hired by the queen who does detective stuff.

IT EXISTS

May 9, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
Dark Cloud 3 for the Ps4
May 9, 2015 10:45 PM

Jun 2012
DoctorCaim said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

IT EXISTS

That's crazy. I have Sims Urbz and Sims 2 Pets for gamecube from back when they were released, I'll have to look into this one.

One game I did enjoy more than any I can think of was L.A. Noire, was very cute.
May 10, 2015 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
I want a mmorpg with hundreds of different races, classes, quests, weapons, armor etc... I want it available on all platforms and it can do cross-platform so I can play with more people. Updates every week, monthly free DLCs and expansion, actually everything is free once you buy the game you can enjoy everything it has to offer. Active and responsible gms with a 24/7 live support. Also it's a game with 4k resolution but somehow it can run on ultra settings on a pc even with the lowest specs possible. It's also 60- fps (on all platforms)

Anyway about the game I want it to be like Skyrim where you can marry (another player of course) and have kids. You can build your own house. And when you're in a party with your partner you get 10% more exp and gold/item drop. You can also farm, fish and mine. Just like Harvest Moon.

I want to say more but when I think this shit is impossible to happen I just crie evrytiem.
May 10, 2015 12:42 AM

Jan 2013
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT

I just want something as good as Suikoden II or Legend of Mana.
May 10, 2015 1:08 AM

May 2010
Hmmm... dream game...

My favorite themes tend to revolve around characters growing in unexpected ways, as well as the "always win" theme. I love extreme plot twists (think Frog Fractions... only sensible...).

My dream game probably has a main focal character, the protagonist. There would be other characters, I guess party members. I'd love for it to be a 3rd person game... but also an RPG. Some kind of mix between FF12 and Xenoblade, I guess. Most common enemies would die pretty quickly, and the whole process of going into battle wouldn't take that long, I would love it if the other two or three party members would just auto-kill weak enemies in the way, kinda like how being overleveled in Earthbound just makes you auto-kill enemies.

The protagonist would have some type of common powers that protagonists usually have in RPG's. The story would tell you who taught him how to fight, probably like his dad or something, and the initial setting wouldn't really have you question his powers. Later on, he would start noticing he could apply his techniques in various ways, and the amount of things he could do and his power would increase drastically, think Golden Sun.

I would love it if you started out at level 1, and making some decent headway into the game you're maybe level 20 or so. You come across some crazy enemy who's like level 90, and there's obviously no way for you to win. Some crazy cutscene stuff happens and your main character just becomes this slaughterhouse of a person, and you wreck the enemy. Your whole party jumps up like 50 levels due to it (maybe there should be a party level instead of individual levels? That would be cool), and the whole game changes. You instantly go from decently leveled in an area to being overpowered for that area. This trend doesn't happen all the time but you'll take huge jumps at specific key points in the story, and "why can't I do that?!" or "I just killed something way stronger than him easily in a cutscene why am I so weak" doesn't happen anymore. Then you realize the max level isn't 99, but more ridiculous like Disgaea and is actually like 5000 or something.

The setting would probably start you out in some remote village. The goal is to make you (the player) the least aware of the world as possible, since your village won't know. Little did anyone know you're capable village is kinda like one of those tribes that exist in our world that somehow have gotten by with zero technology, it's that kind of difference, and the whole world in the game is vastly different from the place you live in. Kinda like Musashi Samurai Legend, where you're this old time samurai sent to this sorta steampunkish sci-fi world (only I don't much are for steampunk, it's cool every now and then).

I love different kinds of armor you can get through games, but I hate getting rid of advantageous effects just to get lousy things like more defense. I'd love for you to easily be able to carry over effects from older gear that you want to keep. Kind of like some kind of transferring system that's more or less free to use. Vanity slots would be good too, from the very beginning, just in case you don't like the look of new armor.

It always kinda sucks when you have various party members but you can never find the perfect combination of characters and abilities. If there were to be more party members than usable in the actual battle party, then I'd want some kind of skill link system where you can link many skills to your battle members. It's funner to use the characters you like than the ones with the best stuff, especially since I guess we'd have a party level instead of individual levels.

Bosses would be breathtaking puzzle like battles. FF13-2 had a lot of interesting battles, so that's kind of what I'm thinking of. I'd want them to be complicated to defeat, but require a not so high skill gap (just enough to need your focus and get your blood pumping). Defeating a boss would be feel like an accomplishment, but nothing to boast about to your friends.

Lastly I love optional stuff. Things like optional dungeons and item creation from Star Ocean 3. Different ways to power up your group to face on upcoming enemies.

tl;dr
Basically I want a unique RPG where your party is useful, but as the main character you're the most useful. The setting would shift from urban safari to high tech wonderland, maybe with steampunk settings here and there (and maybe a space adventure). The focus would be on primarily giving the player a fun time with basically characters and equipment of their own choosing (not player made, just freeing up options for the player). There would be major plot twists and gameplay element twists. There would be lots of optional content.
May 10, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Hmmm... dream game...

My favorite themes tend to revolve around characters growing in unexpected ways, as well as the "always win" theme. I love extreme plot twists (think Frog Fractions... only sensible...).

My dream game probably has a main focal character, the protagonist. There would be other characters, I guess party members. I'd love for it to be a 3rd person game... but also an RPG. Some kind of mix between FF12 and Xenoblade, I guess. Most common enemies would die pretty quickly, and the whole process of going into battle wouldn't take that long, I would love it if the other two or three party members would just auto-kill weak enemies in the way, kinda like how being overleveled in Earthbound just makes you auto-kill enemies.

The protagonist would have some type of common powers that protagonists usually have in RPG's. The story would tell you who taught him how to fight, probably like his dad or something, and the initial setting wouldn't really have you question his powers. Later on, he would start noticing he could apply his techniques in various ways, and the amount of things he could do and his power would increase drastically, think Golden Sun.

I would love it if you started out at level 1, and making some decent headway into the game you're maybe level 20 or so. You come across some crazy enemy who's like level 90, and there's obviously no way for you to win. Some crazy cutscene stuff happens and your main character just becomes this slaughterhouse of a person, and you wreck the enemy. Your whole party jumps up like 50 levels due to it (maybe there should be a party level instead of individual levels? That would be cool), and the whole game changes. You instantly go from decently leveled in an area to being overpowered for that area. This trend doesn't happen all the time but you'll take huge jumps at specific key points in the story, and "why can't I do that?!" or "I just killed something way stronger than him easily in a cutscene why am I so weak" doesn't happen anymore. Then you realize the max level isn't 99, but more ridiculous like Disgaea and is actually like 5000 or something.

The setting would probably start you out in some remote village. The goal is to make you (the player) the least aware of the world as possible, since your village won't know. Little did anyone know you're capable village is kinda like one of those tribes that exist in our world that somehow have gotten by with zero technology, it's that kind of difference, and the whole world in the game is vastly different from the place you live in. Kinda like Musashi Samurai Legend, where you're this old time samurai sent to this sorta steampunkish sci-fi world (only I don't much are for steampunk, it's cool every now and then).

I love different kinds of armor you can get through games, but I hate getting rid of advantageous effects just to get lousy things like more defense. I'd love for you to easily be able to carry over effects from older gear that you want to keep. Kind of like some kind of transferring system that's more or less free to use. Vanity slots would be good too, from the very beginning, just in case you don't like the look of new armor.

It always kinda sucks when you have various party members but you can never find the perfect combination of characters and abilities. If there were to be more party members than usable in the actual battle party, then I'd want some kind of skill link system where you can link many skills to your battle members. It's funner to use the characters you like than the ones with the best stuff, especially since I guess we'd have a party level instead of individual levels.

Bosses would be breathtaking puzzle like battles. FF13-2 had a lot of interesting battles, so that's kind of what I'm thinking of. I'd want them to be complicated to defeat, but require a not so high skill gap (just enough to need your focus and get your blood pumping). Defeating a boss would be feel like an accomplishment, but nothing to boast about to your friends.

Lastly I love optional stuff. Things like optional dungeons and item creation from Star Ocean 3. Different ways to power up your group to face on upcoming enemies.

tl;dr
Basically I want a unique RPG where your party is useful, but as the main character you're the most useful. The setting would shift from urban safari to high tech wonderland, maybe with steampunk settings here and there (and maybe a space adventure). The focus would be on primarily giving the player a fun time with basically characters and equipment of their own choosing (not player made, just freeing up options for the player). There would be major plot twists and gameplay element twists. There would be lots of optional content.
nigga you just described Rogue Galaxy
May 10, 2015 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
Persona 5
New Tactics Ogre
Improved Anno 1404
May 10, 2015 4:12 AM

May 2014
BAYONETTA is a dream come true for me.
that woman gave me LITERALLY everything i could ever enjoy in a game.
thrill, action, great system, HUGELY competitive, difficulty that keeps rising , great moves, originality, "creative" moves ;) and overall just FUKIN awesome as hell character.
May 10, 2015 4:50 AM
Jan 2012
Another Silent Hill from Team Silent.
May 10, 2015 5:56 AM
Apr 2015
Touhou Genso Maroku The Devil of Decline is about as close as it gets.

Combines things I like from some of my favorite game series with better combat. Glad they kept the same combat system as Genius of Sappheiros. Learn moves like SaGa games using normal attack. Like Persona has Shikigami. Can equip up to 3 per character.

Challenge is decent but nowhere as hard as GoS. First tower boss is wtf difficult while most of the other bosses are scrubs.
May 10, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2014
Probably Sword Art Online combinated with lineage 2
May 10, 2015 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
hey

hey Nintendo
Psssstttt

GIVE US A NEW 2D METROID.
May 10, 2015 6:49 AM

May 2015
A fighting game based off a fighting anime and manga (Naruto, DBZ, etc.) that plays similarly to CvS2 without the SNK grooves.

So basically J-Stars without the whole Gundam Extreme Vs.-esque gameplay (not saying it's bad, but I'd love to have a game like that).
May 13, 2015 3:49 AM
May 2011
A rpg crossover between fire emblem, tales of and final fantasy.
May 13, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
It's too long to post here.

https://eze5514.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/my-game

There's a lot I still have to think about. I'll probably change the story again. That's one of the hardest parts.

May 14, 2015 9:20 PM

Jun 2008
Something along the lines of Kingdom Hearts gameplay. Maybe set in a medevil setting, with epic bosses like Colossus and puzzles like ICO.
May 14, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
It's probably going to be what Star Citizen is going to be when it comes out.
May 14, 2015 10:54 PM

Dec 2013
It already exists.

Bannerlord will most likely be even better.

Hype:
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
May 15, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2014
An RPG with a vast amount of different story branches, and choices that actually make a difference (however insignificant), rather than just different dialogue options that lead down the same route anyhow (e.g. Mass Effect and Dragon Age).

A good, enjoyable combat system. Demon's/Dark Souls has the best combat out of all the Western RPGs I've played, so something similar, but a tad more complex would be nice.

A massive open world to explore, ten times the size of the one in Skyrim. Plus, several differing areas from forests, to volcanic lands, to snow covered mountains, etc. instead of it mostly just being a huge vast plain of grass or some such.

Basically I just want an awesome RPG.
May 15, 2015 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
YorozuyaGinSan said:

I think what you're looking for is Crusader Kings II
May 15, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
DaejWo said:
Persona 5
I ordered myself a PSV yesterday just for P4G.
And Witcher 3 basically.
May 15, 2015 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
Skyrim without the ability to be the fucking leader in every damn guild you join, actually having consequences for joining either Thieve's guild or the Dark Brotherhood (like a constant bounty if you're ever found out), headshots mean insta-kill, bows have to be upgraded and the most the higher level bows do is look cooler, arrows can be sharpened to be more piercing, have piercing damage, etc...
May 15, 2015 2:27 AM

Oct 2014
^ Aren´t there more than 40k mods for Skyrim? There gotta be something fitting for you.
May 15, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2011
RufusLatro said:
^ Aren´t there more than 40k mods for Skyrim? There gotta be something fitting for you.

Yeah, but I meant the vanilla game to be like that. Would make the game much more awesome, imo.
Sep 5, 2015 3:54 AM
Jun 2015
Rpg horror games are past love and life.
Sep 5, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2014
I'd like an RPG game where your choices actually make significant differences, and don't just end up leading you down the same path no matter what you choose. There's too much of an "illusion" of choice in a lot of RPGs.

yhunata said:
Skyrim without the ability to be the fucking leader in every damn guild you join, actually having consequences for joining either Thieve's guild or the Dark Brotherhood (like a constant bounty if you're ever found out), headshots mean insta-kill, bows have to be upgraded and the most the higher level bows do is look cooler, arrows can be sharpened to be more piercing, have piercing damage, etc...

And this.
I want there to be consequences, and I want to feel like I've actually achieved something when or if I do become the head of a guild or some such, not just feeling like I've completed another quest line.

Skyrim was fun, but there were several things that just completely broke the immersion and my ability to take the game too seriously. Feeling like you're basically God being one of the many. It ain't just Skyrim though, I feel like too many video games these days hold your hand way too much.

I'm one of those people that didn't really find Demon's/Dark Souls to be as "hardcore" as some claim, but it still did a much better job than the Elder Scrolls. There weren't any quest markers or tips on the loading screen, you're just thrown into a world without much dialogue and forced to figure out things yourself. It's one of the few games in recent years where I actually felt a sense of achievement after difficult boss battles, or getting past areas where I seem to constantly die. And you could only join one covenant at a time, instead of being in every single guild in Tamriel without repercussions. Leaving or betraying a covenant would usually also grant you "sin" (think they removed that in DS2 though).
I want more games like DS.

Sep 5, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
There will never be anything original like SOtC again, game devs are too scared to make something new.

I just want a game that's challenging and doesn't treat me like a retard.
Sep 5, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2011
Skyrim with better quests and most of it's necessary mods (eg: those two mods that have the villagers run away from dragons and vampires, some of the combat mods, etc.) being part of the base game and make it even longer than it already is. Also, stop making the newbie the fucking leader. Only with the Brotherhood was it ever properly justified.

I'd be behind a game like that.
Sep 5, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2011
The original mass effect with:

1) Populated planets instead of deserts

2) More endings

3) A better combat system
Sep 5, 2015 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
Crash Bandicoot 3 without the bazooka and the Plane levels.
OR another Dangan Ronpa game with less focus on relationsships.
OR a MMORPG Sword Art Online Virtual Reality with High Definition (Just like in the anime)
ZymfSep 5, 2015 6:25 AM
Sep 5, 2015 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
Battlefield 2 remake, with BF3/BF4 knifing system (no counter knife)
Sep 5, 2015 7:06 AM

Aug 2014
Mr7Beans said:
Battlefield 2 remake, with BF3/BF4 knifing system (no counter knife)

Yeah I'd take that. At least where BF3's is concerned. I don't really like how knifing from the front results in making a grab for somebody.
Sep 5, 2015 7:36 AM

Feb 2015
An Orcs Must Die 3 that's single-player only, like the first game was.

In detail:
Sep 5, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2014
NERVE GEAR, SAO.
LIFE IS COMPLETE.
Sep 5, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
Sep 5, 2015 8:24 PM

Apr 2015
Xenoblade.
My waifu, do not steal.
Sep 5, 2015 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
Competitive RPG/Dota/arena style VR game with fully customisable (yet somehow balanced) characters with oodles of different classes and skills, where games would run over several hour long periods of time. (i.e. 1 hour, 15 min break, 1 hour, etc. to a total of 3-7 hours depending on game style.) The idea that it starts out similar to everyone racing through an rpg powerleveling characters, then transitions to arena (single player) and/or dota (team) style game where people face off against each other at the end. Part of the strategy comes from balancing your character between being able to level up quickly and being able to fight other players effectively.

It's a game that would be nearly impossible to balance, but you said 'dream game' :p
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 5, 2015 8:40 PM

Jun 2014
Silent Hills
Sep 5, 2015 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
As long as it has a good love story I'll be satisfied. Something dark like Silent Hill 2.
Sep 5, 2015 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
Ezekiel said:
A more up to date version.

https://bn43.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/my-game/
No gamepad support 6/10
Sep 5, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 2015
o2jam with audition's camera?

I'm liking SAO's features. GGO was okay too. Sony make it happen

Sep 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
I want a mix between Dragon's Dogma and the Souls series.
From DD:
-4 character party system, replace pawns with real people.....IE actual co-op, if you choose to play it that way.
-Climbing on giant enemies and varying enemy weak spots, that way the combat for giant bosses doesn't all ways boil down to slapping them in the shins and hiding in their buttcrack.
-Giant enemy variants. To give an example in DD there are two types of cyclops that are fought very early on in the game. The weak spot of the cyclops is it's eye, but you can find cyclops that are controlled by groups of enemies that wear armor including a helmet that protects their eye. And unless you want to stab at it's shins, you can find a way to make it remove it's helmet.
-Open wilderness
-Picking a class matters in terms of abilities/strengths/weakness, but it can be switched by talking to an NPC
-Augments (buffs) that can be shared between classes, which means if you want the best loadout for your play style you might need to use all of the classes at some point

From Souls:
-Enemy difficulty and enemies that aren't in a hurry to die.
-Always able to dodge, roll, and time shield blocks
-All classes can use all weapons and armor
-Stupid number of weapons and armor
-Sprawling maze like castles and dungeons
-Open main quest where the game isn't telling you where to go, what to do, and what order to do it in

To describe how some things could be combined:
Dynamic co-op

Combat

World design
Sep 5, 2015 10:58 PM

Nov 2008
CommanderCaim said:
Ezekiel said:
A more up to date version.

https://bn43.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/my-game/
No gamepad support 6/10
Look at the bottom.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 2 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
2 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
4 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.