New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 15, 2015 5:14 PM
Apr 2014
So, how does the "taken" thing work?
May 15, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Does anyone here use a photo editing program that isn't Photo Shop?
May 16, 2015 3:14 AM

Dec 2009
Gholy said:
So, how does the "taken" thing work?

If you mean as in 'request taken', it's merely to show that someone's working on the specific request, so it's not done by two or more people. That'd be quite frustrating.

Azurea said:
Does anyone here use a photo editing program that isn't Photo Shop?

I reckon, some might use GIMP too. Everything aside from those two are useless though. So if anyone works with paint or anything, they should consider switching.
May 16, 2015 6:49 AM

May 2010
I neither use Photoshop or GIMP, the program I use is called Photo-Paint :'D (has nothing to do with the actual Paint btw~ =3=)

Forum Set made by Bunny
May 16, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Question for Staff~

Do any of you have any "ground rules" or habits that you follow every time you work with a new image? Like for example - always adjusting the brightness/contrast as the very first step...things like that?

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

May 17, 2015 2:17 AM

Dec 2009
To be honest I have trouble to answer your question xD because I am not keeping attention on such things. But I usually begin by looking for a decent background for my render and then adjust the colors. When I'm doing a Dark sig/dp or profile I darken the render first for the glow effect for the lights laters.
May 17, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, sorry to trouble you :/

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

May 17, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
Is the month wait to order...

Once Every Month.
or
Wait a Month from your last request.
May 17, 2015 8:45 PM

Dec 2009
Azurea said:
Is the month wait to order...

Once Every Month.
or
Wait a Month from your last request.

Wait a month from your last request.
May 17, 2015 9:28 PM

Dec 2009
Akie said:
Oh, sorry to trouble you :/

^^ You trouble me not all
May 25, 2015 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
What sites do you guys use when you look for Backgrounds photos?
May 25, 2015 12:34 AM

Dec 2009
deviantart, zerochan, or google.
Jun 2, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Would it be possible to have like, an "About Me" request thread?
I think the reason why there isn't a thread about this is because it's so demanding and requires a lot more work than avatars,signatures and profile pictures. Just wondering if there will ever be a thread for this.

If you don't know what I mean by "About Me" just look at these, I took these from the staff of enchanted pixels (Please dont kill me for using you guys as an example)

Jun 2, 2015 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
^ You already answered your own question.
Jun 2, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2014
Envy said:

So... there won't be one?
Jun 2, 2015 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
Tehqo said:
Envy said:

yes or maybe for points on DA *-*
SylinchenJun 2, 2015 9:33 PM
Jun 3, 2015 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
Hi!
I was just wondering if I got say an avatar/signature/profile pic. Would it still be counted as in use if I say, used it in another website like psn profiles?
Jun 3, 2015 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
Shadowsnake777 said:
Hi!
I was just wondering if I got say an avatar/signature/profile pic. Would it still be counted as in use if I say, used it in another website like psn profiles?

Hi!
We discussed your question and have to say: No, it would not count. We only work for MAL. sorry :/
Jun 3, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2015
I think this would go here but what fonts do you guys usually use? I have a horrible time with typography
Jun 3, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
GENBrian said:
I think this would go here but what fonts do you guys usually use? I have a horrible time with typography

Depends on what your theme is. Choosing fonts isn't always that easy. And if you're using two different fonts, they need to go together. I usually use this resource blog or when I'm looking at tutorials, they have nice fonts that I'd like to use.

Here are some tips and there's one about fonts to help you.
GreedJun 3, 2015 5:53 PM
Jun 4, 2015 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
Sylinchen said:
Tehqo said:

yes there will be one?
or
yes there wont be one?

im sorry im stupid
Jun 4, 2015 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
Tehqo said:
Sylinchen said:

yes there will be one?
or
yes there wont be one?

im sorry im stupid

There won't be one.
Jun 7, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
alright thanks
Jun 20, 2015 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
Is there a blending tutorial? I have much trouble with blending ans was wondering.
Jun 20, 2015 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
GENBrian said:
Is there a blending tutorial? I have much trouble with blending ans was wondering.

There's tutorials that'll help you understand blending, if that's what you meant. Try searching on YT. :)
Jun 24, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2015
Why "Special Rules"?
Jun 24, 2015 3:41 PM

Dec 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Why "Special Rules"?

Why? Because my fellow admins and I work hard on making graphics for you all. If you requests something from us and only use it for a few minutes, hours or days, that hurts us. I'm a newer admin here but I'm sure it happened before that rule was in place and that must have hurt whoever had that happen to them. It's disrespectful and puts us down. When everyone comes to request something, all we're asking is for you guys to follow those simple rules of ours and it shouldn't be that hard. We're not asking for credit (it's appreciated) or anything in return really, expect everyone following our rules here. That's why we have special rules. (◡‿◡✿)
Jun 25, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2015
takgudae said:
Xenocrisi said:
Why "Special Rules"?

Why? Because my fellow admins and I work hard on making graphics for you all. If you requests something from us and only use it for a few minutes, hours or days, that hurts us. I'm a newer admin here but I'm sure it happened before that rule was in place and that must have hurt whoever had that happen to them. It's disrespectful and puts us down. When everyone comes to request something, all we're asking is for you guys to follow those simple rules of ours and it shouldn't be that hard. We're not asking for credit (it's appreciated) or anything in return really, expect everyone following our rules here. That's why we have special rules. (◡‿◡✿)

Okay, my fault, i didn't explain well. It wasn't what i wanted to know because this (what you said) is already written in the rules xD
I wanted to know why the name "special rules" and not normal rules. Sorry
Jun 25, 2015 9:19 AM

Dec 2009
Xenocrisi said:
takgudae said:

Okay, my fault, i didn't explain well. It wasn't what i wanted to know because this (what you said) is already written in the rules xD
I wanted to know why the name "special rules" and not normal rules. Sorry

Because it's a very important rule and we want members to pay it special attention.
Jul 20, 2015 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
When you say "A minimum of 75 posts on MAL is required for requestors."
Does that mean, when you finish with our requests, we wait for 75 posts to make another request? I just want to be clear because I want make another request.
Jul 20, 2015 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
MisterLuffy said:
Does that mean, when you finish with our requests, we wait for 75 posts to make another request? I just want to be clear because I want make another request.

Oh no, it's your post count on the forums and you have 2k, so you're good. :)
Jul 20, 2015 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
takgudae said:
MisterLuffy said:

Oh no, it's your post count on the forums and you have 2k, so you're good. :)

I'm dumb lol. I was confused at first but thanks for clarifying.
MisterLuffyJul 20, 2015 8:36 PM
Aug 1, 2015 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
Do I just post a picture and have you guys work your mojojojo and just receive the end result or do we get to put in input or have examples of possible outcomes?

Oh shit by the way you guys are amazing putting in time to help randoms like us :DDDD

Fuck yeah anime and video game arts[/url]

Aug 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
ticklememour said:
Do I just post a picture and have you guys work your mojojojo and just receive the end result or do we get to put in input or have examples of possible outcomes?

Oh shit by the way you guys are amazing putting in time to help randoms like us :DDDD

First, your post count needs to be 75 so you cannot request until that happens. Second, you pick the picture; try to provide HQ images or renders and give it to us following the format in each request thread.

You can request seeing the different from having text, borders or not but we don't show you a sneak-peek of your request. When we're done with it, we'll put it in the "finished graphics" thread and send a comment/PM to you. :) There is a chance we will change something for the requester if that person wishes something to change.

Thank you. ~ Hopefully I answered your question.
Aug 2, 2015 11:45 AM

Dec 2014
takgudae said:
ticklememour said:

First, your post count needs to be 75 so you cannot request until that happens. Second, you pick the picture; try to provide HQ images or renders and give it to us following the format in each request thread.

You can request seeing the different from having text, borders or not but we don't show you a sneak-peek of your request. When we're done with it, we'll put it in the "finished graphics" thread and send a comment/PM to you. :) There is a chance we will change something for the requester if that person wishes something to change.

Thank you. ~ Hopefully I answered your question.

Sweet! Can you explain the rule with the 75 posts? I actually agree. Uhh but I don't know why. Is it so people don't make smurf accounts to get you guys to make 1000 pictures for them?

Aug 2, 2015 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
ticklememour said:

Sweet! Can you explain the rule with the 75 posts? I actually agree. Uhh but I don't know why. Is it so people don't make smurf accounts to get you guys to make 1000 pictures for them?

Yes, functioning as our version of captcha is one thing. But it's also used as a proof that it is actually put to good use. Imagine some dude that gets here today, requests something and vanishs one day after without a trace because he didn't like the site too much after browsing around. So since doing something in vain is the worst feeling, we have that rule. People who are already used to the forums will further get into it and are less likely to leave.
Does that sound reasonable for you or did my bad grammar mess it up? :D
Aug 2, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2014
-Luzifer- said:
Does that sound reasonable for you...?

Don't worry it 100% makes sense and I think that it's a good reason.

I spend hours on Mal though cause it's the summer and I mostly spend it in club rooms having long conversations with others so I mean I do use this site :3

But don't worry 75 is a good solid number. Shouldn't be too hard for someone that spends hours on this site. I'm just hoping i don't subconsciously post worthless things in forums just to try to reach the 75 post limit
GreedAug 2, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2, 2015 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
@ticklememour the picture was a little too big so I put it under a spoiler

No worries, sweetie, your post count is over 75 now so it's all good. :)
Sep 30, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
I have a request.

I recently got my forum set done by aikopotz and yes I'm aware of the rule that I must use it for 2 weeks.
But you know I got this thing where I change my character in my forum set / profile picture/layout.
So I'm gonna change to Tohsaka Rin soon, so can I request for a Tohsaka Rin forum set or make one for myself?
Sep 30, 2015 1:19 PM

Dec 2009
Sw0rdless said:
I have a request.

I recently got my forum set done by aikopotz and yes I'm aware of the rule that I must use it for 2 weeks.
But you know I got this thing where I change my character in my forum set / profile picture/layout.
So I'm gonna change to Tohsaka Rin soon, so can I request for a Tohsaka Rin forum set or make one for myself?

As long as you use your current forum set that you requested for 2 weeks, you can do whatever you want. Keep in mind, to request a new forum set, you have to wait 2 month. So I'm afraid you have to do one for yourself after two weeks.
Nov 8, 2015 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
Hi quick question :)

Does the two month per request only applies to the date when I made my post OR when the design was completed by a witch and sent to me?

I am currently in that gap right now and I don't want to break the rules in this matter

Nov 8, 2015 10:15 PM

Dec 2009
When the graphic is completed.
Jan 7, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2015
So when you say I can make a request every 2 months. Does that mean I can request a profile picture and forum set at the same time? Or for example would I have to request a profile picture, wait two months, and then request a forum set then? Sorry if this has already been clarified somewhere else.
Jan 8, 2016 2:39 AM

Dec 2009
You can request both at the same time.
Jan 8, 2016 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Sylinchen said:
You can request both at the same time.
Ok. Thanks for your help! :)
Feb 6, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
hmmm i have a quick question (and idk if im supposed to be asking this here or what) xd
does anyone have experience with putting youtube videos into club layouts? because if so i need help with it and im not exactly sure how to do this xd

thank you in advance~

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Feb 7, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2007
have a look at this plz

What you want to do is to embed the player in your layout. For that you have to know the size of the embedded player, which is: 425x355.
Just put a square of that size somewhere so you can work around it, if the layout is done slice it so that the player has its own slice. Upload the slices, but not the one that would be the image of the player.
The next important part is the BB Code for the Layout.
In the example above the position where [.img]url_slice15.png[./img] would be, you now have to write [.yt]youtube id of the vid[./yt] and that should do it.
The example from above is from here http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=21116 if you want to see the whole layout.
SylentFeb 7, 2016 6:31 AM

Sig made by Sylinchen!
Feb 7, 2016 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
@Sylent ahh, thank you ^^ it really helped. it's just my first time doing a layout so i really wasn't sure how to go around with this.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Feb 7, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2007
@Shuuka
If its your first time doing a layout, I'll be blunt and ask you this: You know what these slices are?
I can explain them too if you want.

Anyway, good luck and have fun making your new profile o/

Sig made by Sylinchen!
Feb 7, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2014
ahh yeah i know what slices are of course xd @Sylent

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Render Marketplace

Luzifer - Oct 30, 2016

24 by aphye »»
Apr 27, 9:44 AM

Sticky: » Profile Pictures Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1528 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 4:01 AM

Sticky: » Avatar Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1215 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 4:00 AM

Sticky: » Signature Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 18, 2015

1306 by _Gin »»
Jan 3, 3:49 AM

Sticky: » Finished Graphics ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sylinchen - Apr 22, 2015

1387 by Bunnyama »»
Dec 20, 2023 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.