Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
How many chapters do you think the anime will cover?
Apr 14, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE ACTUAL MANGA CONTENT HERE, ONLY REFER TO CHAPTER LOCATIONS AND TRUST THAT PEOPLE CAN LOOK THEM UP AND FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU ARE MEANING!

With the first episode blazing through 6 chapters of manga, that puts the anime on a pace to get through 72 chapters in 12 episodes. If you have access to the chapters, which mot of us do through Crunchyroll or ... other methods ... check out the end of chapter 72. In my opinion, that would be an ideal stopping point IF the 2nd season has already been announced. It is a great cliffhanger!

If a 2nd season is a done deal, though, it would be better to end it at chapter 66...

However, I totally expect that the anime will skip a bunch of gag and fan service oriented chapters and go all the way to chapter 90.

What do you folks think?
Apr 14, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
I think 66 and 72 gonna make lot of people rage if this never get a second season lol.

What I personally think is, if they do more than 4 chapter/episode it's doomed to fail.
Apr 14, 2015 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
Thai777 said:
I think 66 and 72 gonna make lot of people rage if this never get a second season lol.

What I personally think is, if they do more than 4 chapter/episode it's doomed to fail.

But I'd bet that there are a lot of gag arcs that they can just skip. If they stick to the main story arcs it won't seem as rushed. Sure, the gag arcs are funny, and Yamada isn't as bad a Nisekoi in terms of have far too many of them, but there is a lot that isn't really part of the main story that can be skipped.
Apr 14, 2015 10:02 PM

May 2012
Doesn't even seem like it's following the manga, litterly half of the first episode followed? I'm only on chapter 20 though, might edit this post tomorrow when I'm caught up.
Apr 14, 2015 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
I am currently hanging onto slim thread of hope naively with the belief that the studio will somehow slow down and announce another cour.

Realistically though, I imagine they're going to somehow condense all 90 chapters into just 12 episodes. Not sure how, but I wouldn't be overly surprised (though I would be quite disheartened). There are some "skip-able" chapters though, but 12 episodes is still going to be insanely rushed and condensed in the end.
Apr 14, 2015 11:46 PM
Apr 2015
all i guess
Apr 15, 2015 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
zensunni said:
Thai777 said:

But I'd bet that there are a lot of gag arcs that they can just skip. If they stick to the main story arcs it won't seem as rushed. Sure, the gag arcs are funny, and Yamada isn't as bad a Nisekoi in terms of have far too many of them, but there is a lot that isn't really part of the main story that can be skipped.

Well yeah it is possible but you know going into all the arc without a pause of comedy seems a little bad in my opinion. Especially that those who liked the first episode was for the comedy mostly.
Apr 15, 2015 5:13 AM

Dec 2013
Either they make a really awkward stopping place TG style or they will try to adapt 90 chapters which is a terrifying thought.

Been rereading the manga and it really doesn't have many gag arcs at all.

I know that the first episode adapted 6 chapters but the first chapter was a total of 60 pages and the 2nd chapter was 30. In a sense they adapted 8.5 chapters worth of source material. At that pace they'll definitely hit 90.
Apr 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Jun 2013
obviously it wouldnt cover all the chapters since it has a very high potential for second season. i hope it does anyway since the manga is awesome

btw its following quite nicely with the manga so far (im on 100+ chapter) with some difference ofc.

Apr 15, 2015 8:11 AM

Jul 2011
Basically the first arc of the original 7 witches and ceremony. Pretty sure it's gonna get rushed like 1 witch every 1-2 episodes then let's just pray for second season :)
Apr 16, 2015 12:41 AM

Jan 2010
maybe 90, they gonna remove some minor character here like what they did in episode 1
Apr 20, 2015 9:48 PM
Apr 2015
90 if the anime keeps up this rushed yet still satisfying pace
Apr 22, 2015 1:51 AM

Apr 2014
More than 100+ chapters then an original ending. And don't even expect anything from LINDENFILMS Studio.
That studio would mostly like to rush the adaptation of a manga with 100+ chapters that was being published weekly.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 22, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2009
I think they are going to cover more or less close to the manga (removing some minor stuff and fastening things up of course) up until the beginning of the part with the seventh witch, and then they gonna go for a anime original ending.

The seventh witch arc is way too long and important to just go and cram in 1-2 episodes, the story would lose a lot of its impact if they ruin this arc.

But then again, I don't think there's going to be a second season, so if they ruin or not, probably not gonna make any difference.

This is probably one of these anime made to popularize the manga, and not intended to make a faithful adaptation just to please the fans.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Apr 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Feb 2014
Pacing has slowed down tons, I doubt they will hit 90 now.
Apr 26, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
eXtacy67 said:
I am so glad it's looking like that now. This recent episode was huge for slowing down the hyper pacing. ^^
Apr 26, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2009
eXtacy67 said:

They might always skip uniportant chapters and/or put them on OVA
Apr 26, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
My biggest issue was the opening, which shows all the witches. I took it as "we're gonna show all the witches by the end of this season." and you don't even see the 7th one til far in the manga. Meaning rushed content.

One thing that is bugging me is despite showing all the witches and 'most all' the important role characters, I don't see Shinichi in the opening despite having pretty major role. Unless this is him? I don't think I've ever seen him colored in any manga scans so I don't know his color features.

I originally thought the pacing was gonna be something like a main character introduction per episode and each witch gets their own episode (which will be rushed if that's the case) with maybe an OVA or 2 to finish off the where everyone forgets Yamada but if each witch got more than 1 episode for their story then that would require more than 12 episodes if assuming the final episode will be ending at the confession at Ch90.

One bad prediction I had was original anime content/story route, which seems unlikely at the moment thankfully.

With Episode 3 they decided to jump back and animate the chapter about getting Shiraishi to go to college, which completely changes my original thought, though it could be more of a introducing the student council president episode I'm not really feeling it.

The next episode preview is gonna be the school trip part where Nene snaps a picture of Yamada with Shiraishi's underwear. Unless they rush that episode I don't think they'll even get to Nene's ability next episode either, unless they end the episode with it and continue with it in the next.

Not sure if it's important but the already out OVA's might need to be factored into this too, reminds me of Yozakura Quartet where they didn't animate an entire arc since it was already animated.
PaulApr 26, 2015 3:45 PM
Apr 26, 2015 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
^ Yeah, I actually just read through the Nene arc and I don't think they can fit it all into one episode. They'll probably end the next epsiode with them kissing. Additionally, I don't see how they'll adapt up to chapter 90 at this point, given by how much the pace has slowed down. The only thing which hints they would go that far is the fact that the 7th witch is in the OP, ED, and cover art.
Apr 26, 2015 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
The episode title is "it look like I've fallen for Yamada" so we will be seeing Odagiri's power in action.
Apr 26, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2014
Is it very unlikely that there wont be a second cour?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 26, 2015 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
abyss333 said:
Is it very unlikely that there wont be a second cour?
The original assumption by many of us was that this single cour was gonna cover 90 chapters since the opening and pacing of the first two episodes all seemed to indicate that. With this third episode though, I have no clue what to expect now. A second cour seems more likely if the pacing stays similar to what episode three did.
Apr 26, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2010
From the op it seems to imply they are covering the entire first arc comprising of all the witches sub-arcs but it does seem like there's no way without cutting a lot of the material. The latter part of the arc is quite plot heavy so either they botch it by skipping a lot of stuff, anime original ending introducing all the witches, or extend to two-cour. As much as I hate the idea, I feel the anime is definitely leaning towards anime original.

Would love to see a full adaption, after hearing Kitamura Eri voice Odagiri, watching chapter 132 and 133 animated would be the dream.
Apr 27, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2010
Complete first arc is my nightmare, I hope it doesn't come true. Else, I want a re-adaptation. The manga is too precious.

Looks like they've slowed down tho. Maybe they are aiming for 2-cour on seeing the positive response? I sure hope so.
Apr 27, 2015 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
TragicRomance said:
Complete first arc is my nightmare, I hope it doesn't come true. Else, I want a re-adaptation. The manga is too precious.

Looks like they've slowed down tho. Maybe they are aiming for 2-cour on seeing the positive response? I sure hope so.

It was confirmed as 12 episodes so it won't be a 2 cour. The best we can hope for is that they don't actually show all of the characters that weren't shown in the opening (which would be retarded) and that the 2nd season will cover the 2nd half of the witch arc. I could see them stopping right before the hunt for the 7th witch but op argues against that possibility.
Apr 27, 2015 8:07 AM

May 2010
Copying my post from the discussion thread.

what if they aren't actually going for complete first arc adaptation. What if they just plan to introduce all the witches. Maybe they will improvise some parts from the manga in S1 and then make S2 from the remaining material (related to first arc) as long as the show sells well. It is possible, you know. I will cry tears of joy if that happens.

This is what I believe right now. More like, want to believe in.
May 8, 2015 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
if they really follow the manga i think they cant properly do the first arc proper,. its either rushed or another season,.
May 10, 2015 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
Since it took two episodes for Odagiri, i think the next two episodes will have one witch each, then maybe 2 episodes for Noa. Then the remaining three episodes would deal with Tamaki and the 7th witch. That would let the anime safely go up ch. 66
May 10, 2015 4:33 PM
Dec 2014
I'm seriously starting to doubt that they'll adapt all 90 chapters of the first witch war. The anime is almost halfway finished, and only 24 of these 90 chapters have been adapted.

The episodes have been rushed, but not nearly to the degree that I feared. It'll require some serious change of pacing or even a complete change of plot (like the live-action drama did) to adapt all chapters.

They could comfortably adapt up to the culture festival (chapter 52) at this point or - as above poster said - chapter 66 if they hurry a bit. But that would be some seriously weird ending points and a true downer ending in the last case unless they really intend for a second season (or cour or whatever it's called - I watch almost no anime and only read few mangas, so I'm not really into the jargon)
May 10, 2015 11:14 PM

Dec 2013
With the pacing that they're going the won't be able to fit 90 chapters in.

Safe to presume it won't be 66 or 72 otherwise they would have a lot of trouble trying to do another season...

I'm hoping at this stage the op/ed, the concept art and the appearance of the 7th witch were being misleading and they'll stop right after the 5th is introduced.

It's either that or they'll go on an anime original route for the last few episodes. Which at this stage seems likely.
May 17, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
They're probably going for 90 now. They did 8 chapters for episode 6 intoducing the 3rd witch. Sarushima and Noa both have 8 chapter arcs too so they will probably get 1 episode each. That would bring us to chapter 50 with 4 episodes to go....
May 17, 2015 5:26 PM

Aug 2014
MasterDetective said:
They're probably going for 90 now. They did 8 chapters for episode 6 intoducing the 3rd witch. Sarushima and Noa both have 8 chapter arcs too so they will probably get 1 episode each. That would bring us to chapter 50 with 4 episodes to go....

Yeah, I agree, around 90. Which is when the male MC and female MC....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Female Character?

Fieryx - Jun 30, 2015

16 by Inter_anime »»
Jul 17, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.