Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2015 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
Shes garbage
Apr 16, 2015 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
Zeta986 said:
Hestia is popular because she`s a loli with big boobs wearing slutty clothes.

She`s the Equivalent of Nicki Minajj.
Girls wearing slutty clothes will make them popular.

Slutty yet so popular.
Please don't insult Hestia by comparing her to Minajj. Minajj is a talentless hack who should be selling fries at the local McDougal.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 17, 2015 3:38 AM

Mar 2012
sbyrstall said:
Please don't insult Hestia by comparing her to Minajj. Minajj is a talentless hack who should be selling fries at the local McDougal.

Insulting Hestia is fun and good to your Health.
Hestia a shit.

Sword Princess FTW!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 17, 2015 11:09 AM
Apr 17, 2015 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
There has been a sudden increase of vocal boob lovers, censorship of ero haters, and vocal perverts in general. And also waifu ppl.

FloatsBoats said:
Shocked said:
Sometimes I wonder about anime fans and if they're truly serious about these things. I know this is just a temporary joke that'll pass over once the next joke comes along, but sometimes, I really, really wonder.

Best not to wonder too hard about it. Next thing you know we'll have Kancolle s2 coming out and it'll be back to that Poi shit again, or maybe another highly erotic music video clip people can fap to and say it's deep.

Slowly claps.
Apr 17, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
NoblePhantaZm said:
I haven't started watching this yet, so apologies if this assumption is wrong, but given the premise of the show and her general appearance, does she have a sort of unintelligent/helpless/neanderthal personality? Cause if so I'm not surprised she's so loved. A lot of people seem to find that trait endearing, especially when you wrap it up in a cute or attractive package.

If that's not the case, then idk. Maybe it'll make more sense once I start it.

Helpless is a maybe, though it's more that she's a goddess who can't use her powers and doesn't have a utilitarian skill (unlike say, Hephaestus, who can make weapons), she's far from unintelligent though and unlike alot of female leads in anime who fall into the category she falls into, she actively tries to help bell, even if it causes her alot of grief in the process.

As for neanderthal, i'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.
Apr 17, 2015 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
"OOOH LOLI WITH BIG TITS. ME LIKEY"

"HESTIA IS BESTIA"

Whenever something in the anime fandom gets ridiculously popular, I just hope to god the hype dies down soon cause all of the attention people are giving Hestia is really annoying.

Apr 17, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really get what's so annoying about it, it's not like you have to like her or anything, you can just ignore it. I won't say it's attention whoring, but it's close.
Apr 17, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe because SnS looked like Some cheap hentai. I love the manga, but god I hate the anime. Couldn't even finish the 1st episode.
"Burn the heretics"
Apr 17, 2015 4:40 PM

Nov 2014
Her booty game is too strong
Apr 18, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
Hestia's popularity can be summed up by this: Adorable personality, big breasted loli, her overall design is very revealing. All of this allows fans to be very imaginative. Just accept it mate, Hestia has taken over.

Also, please stop acting like SnS is the best show this year... >.>
Apr 18, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2010
Because she's adorable and the more adorable she is the more people love her and the more people love her the more people hate the people who love her and the more people hate the people who love her even more people get to know about her and even more people get to love her *exhale*. Get it?
Apr 18, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2008
Xenlai said:
Because she's adorable and the more adorable she is the more people love her and the more people love her the more people hate the people who love her and the more people hate the people who love her even more people get to know about her and even more people get to love her *exhale*. Get it?

spot on m8
Apr 18, 2015 1:13 PM

May 2014
Oddly enough, she's wearing more than other iconic female anime characters.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Apr 19, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
DawnJ said:
We need another Aldnoah.Zero to distract and contain all the whiners.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 21, 2015 4:58 PM
Apr 2015
Villainous said:
Shes garbage
Apr 23, 2015 10:31 PM

May 2014
Visualized said:
DawnJ said:
We need another Aldnoah.Zero to distract and contain all the whiners.

Throw in another Cross Ange as well.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Apr 24, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2009
KazuhoYoshii said:
Visualized said:

Throw in another Cross Ange as well.

Cross Ange was fine, only whinners were buttblasted yurifags.
Apr 29, 2015 7:23 PM
Jan 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
HeroKenzan20 said:
Just when you think the anime fandom can't get more retarded than it already is.

At least I'm not seeing people seriously trying to argue for this show as some kind of all time masterpiece because of it.....yet at least. Still things like this are why I barely take this medium and fanbase seriously anymore. Everything is kind of just driven by fads and weird hype things for so many while I just kind of gravitate to whatever I find has a good story and interests me. I think the whole Hare Hare Yokai dance back in 2006 was the first time I became aware of just how crucial sparking a meme is to having a hit show. A lot of recent hits seem to happen purely by accident and then the second season roles around and people are confused as to why it doesn't hold up. Chuunibyou comes to mind right off the top of my head. I doubt No Game No Life could survive a second season either.

Well at least it does not insult and disappoint me like Madoka and SAO did.

I like it for not being too tryhard.

The boob sting idea is something that GIRLS are picking up.So least this is not one of those appeal to lowlife otaku shows and get popular.
genesic123Apr 29, 2015 7:58 PM

Apr 30, 2015 4:19 AM

May 2010
I love Hestia's description here on MAL btw. "Bell's goddess and in love with him." That's all you need to know lol.
May 3, 2015 5:58 AM
Jul 2011
I cant believe this anime is rated 7.78. When the Hestia meme will die, this anime will die too.
May 3, 2015 7:30 AM

Mar 2015
Hestia defies all logic in an anime character. A loli with big boobs, that can drink alcohol.

Hestia have too much screen time in Danmachi. It's getting annoying. Boobs should be everything in this anime, if they want to make a fanservice, might as well starting to watch Highschool DxD or Highschool of the dead.

May 16, 2015 8:46 AM
Jun 2013
sbyrstall said:
Zeta986 said:
Hestia is popular because she`s a loli with big boobs wearing slutty clothes.

She`s the Equivalent of Nicki Minajj.
Girls wearing slutty clothes will make them popular.

Slutty yet so popular.

lmao 1) Hating a character/someone because you think she's "slutty" is a really asinine reason for hating them. sexiness =/= character quality. But if a character has a deliberately sexy design with very poor development then yes, you have a character with no substance and sole purposes of being ogled and bringing in money to the studio

2) Nicki Minaj is actually a pretty dynamic rapper lyric-wise and style-wise, and its cool if you don't like her music, everyone has different tastes, but if you're writing her off as talentless then I'm side-eyeing you big time.

anyways...

I'm p sure people hate Hestia because she's generic otaku bait with zero personality and no memorable traits besides her tit floss (which i never really got the appeal of : / it looks ridiculous imo) Flavor-of-the-Month characters like Hestia are really common in harem anime so I don't really get what distinguishes her from the other moe blobs.
UtsugesMay 16, 2015 9:08 AM
May 16, 2015 5:24 PM
Apr 2013
Nicki Minaj is talented and a pretty great person, but she gets shit because she's a sexual female. Male "artists" spew out much worse talentless shit than she does.

Also Hestia is top waifu material, and that's why I love her. Her boobs are nice but her sweet personality and relentless dedication is what really hooked me.
Jul 15, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
jiyung said:
I cant believe this anime is rated 7.78. When the Hestia meme will die, this anime will die too.

8.00 and counting :)
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 15, 2015 6:06 PM
Dec 2013
OP's pick is barf worthy.. Other than that, Hestia is me Waifu.
Jul 16, 2015 4:38 AM
May 2015
Adriumph said:
sbyrstall said:

lmao 1) Hating a character/someone because you think she's "slutty" is a really asinine reason for hating them. sexiness =/= character quality. But if a character has a deliberately sexy design with very poor development then yes, you have a character with no substance and sole purposes of being ogled and bringing in money to the studio

2) Nicki Minaj is actually a pretty dynamic rapper lyric-wise and style-wise, and its cool if you don't like her music, everyone has different tastes, but if you're writing her off as talentless then I'm side-eyeing you big time.

anyways...

I'm p sure people hate Hestia because she's generic otaku bait with zero personality and no memorable traits besides her tit floss (which i never really got the appeal of : / it looks ridiculous imo) Flavor-of-the-Month characters like Hestia are really common in harem anime so I don't really get what distinguishes her from the other moe blobs.

Her lyrics are mostly objectively shit
Her wordplay in general is 5th grade material
Her subjects are well... Stupid Hoe Anaconda Starships
Went from doing Moment 4 Life to generic pop shit

Dynamic my ass. Hell out of here with that bs
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.