Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2015 5:52 PM
Apr 2012
Sorry if these have been mentioned. From these points, we should just view the the anime as its own interpretation of the VN. Stop expecting and just accept.

1) Part of why Ufo skipped Fate route was because they didn't want to repeat the world-building they already did in Zero, and the VN is well-known now at over 10 years old. If they did do Fate, then Nasu would have suggested significant alterations to keep it fresh.

2) Nasu thinks it's impossible to convey the VN's quality in anime and that VNs and anime are two entirely different things. Miura had similar thoughts. Both he and Miura were in-sync on the approach for the anime: Start by deciding what to cut out down to the bare bones, and then graft unique anime flesh.

3) Nasu asked Ufo not to narrate Saber's inner world and narrative since it's not her route. Her story is already complete at this point. Thus he suggested that they draw her such that she stands out or looks cute or beautiful. She is to be the strongest in terms of visual impact. She's there to be a mother figure or guardian to Rin and Shirou.

4) Initially, Nasu didn't have as many comedic bits in the VN, but he added more in because of the VN's length and that he sees Shirou as someone who never truly smiles. Thus the anime may have fewer comedic bits compared to the VN.

5) Nasu felt that the Old Nasu shoved the VN's main theme down the throat of readers which he feels is bad for anime. Therefore, he thinks it's better for the anime to gradually show the theme and that it won't be crystal clear until the end of the show. Key dialogue is highlighted while the rest is trimmed and revised with the allotted time in mind.

6) Miura directed Zero's ep.19 (the plane), the 3 FSN VITA OPs, and he has read both F/SN and F/HA.

7) The anime staff is a mixture of vets and new hires, not just Miura and a bunch of noobs.

8) Miura believes that if the Art is good enough, dialogue doesn't need to be spelled out.

9) Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.

10) Yes, there will be more original scenes in cour 2.

11) The music is tailored to what's happening on the screen. Fukusawa watches a scene, then makes demos for it. Ufo then accepts or requests a new track.
d4zednc0nfusedApr 3, 2015 6:23 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2009
so Nasu the original author of the VNs have a significant influence on the anime adaptation then, so its not just Ufotables fault like others are saying on this forum
Apr 3, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
So moefied Saber is Nasu's fault,eh?

Well then.

edit:got a source for this btw?
Apr 3, 2015 6:04 PM

Jul 2014
better if you provide source before Fai coming............
Apr 3, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
Part of why Ufo skipped Fate route was because they didn't want to repeat the world-building they already did in Zero, and the VN is well-known now at over 10 years old. If they did do Fate, then Nasu would have suggested significant alterations to keep it fresh.

I don't really think they explained much in Zero though. But hey, at least we know it's not because of respect out of DEENight so I can always hope for a Fate adaption sooner or later, r-rite?
Apr 3, 2015 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
Let it go Wormy.

But that whole statement is getting weirder the more i read into it,tbh.Why would they skip Fate due to a desire not to repeat stuff from F/Z,yet not develop Saber at all,who was kind of an important character there?

Oh well,not like it matters at this point,i guess.
DamnThatsTheSpotApr 3, 2015 6:19 PM
Apr 3, 2015 6:11 PM
Apr 2012
How do I attach pictures here?
Apr 3, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
Apr 3, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2012
So is this news a good or bad thing?!~

Apr 3, 2015 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Let it go Wormy.

But that whole statement is getting weirder the more i read into it,tbh.Why would they skip Fate due to a desire not to repeat stuff from F/Z,yet not develop Saber at all,who was kind of an important character there?

Oh well,not like it matters,i guess.

S-shut up... Don't crush my dreams about a full VN adaption ;_;

And yeah, I don't really like the excuse. Especially since Fate gives you more information that you wouldn't know from Zero really and explains that Saber isn't a proper Heroic Spirit. I'll just hope that they decide to milk FSN and do a Fate anime since I'm assuming UBW and HF will sell well.
Apr 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
WormPriest said:
Part of why Ufo skipped Fate route was because they didn't want to repeat the world-building they already did in Zero, and the VN is well-known now at over 10 years old. If they did do Fate, then Nasu would have suggested significant alterations to keep it fresh.

I don't really think they explained much in Zero though. But hey, at least we know it's not because of respect out of DEENight so I can always hope for a Fate adaption sooner or later, r-rite?
well they announced that HF will be on 2016. lets say it has ~6 movies ( i dont think ufo dumb enough to make 1 or 2 ) so it will be finish around ~2021 ,,,,,,,,,,,, well yeah we gonna see Fate's route adaption soon.... you still can hope........
Apr 3, 2015 6:17 PM

Jan 2015
Takiya_Oomine said:
WormPriest said:

well they announced that HF will be on 2016. lets say it has ~6 movies ( i dont think ufo dumb enough to make 1 or 2 ) so it will be finish around ~2021 ,,,,,,,,,,,, well yeah we gonna see Fate's route adaption soon.... you still can hope........

6 movies? thats optimistic as hell
Apr 3, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
6 movies is a bit too optimistic, lol. HF is probably gonna be like 3 or 4 movies. Or at least I hope. Would suck if it only got one or two movies.

I'll just hope that we won't get F/HA before Fate since Fate is pretty important for F/HA.
Apr 3, 2015 6:20 PM
Apr 2012
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Does the link have to be a URL? I'm trying to use the link from my computer.
Apr 3, 2015 6:24 PM
Apr 3, 2015 6:26 PM
Apr 2012

I put two images there
Apr 3, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
>This animated series will be the first time that the Unlimited Blade Works portion of Fate/Stay night,that is the Rin Tousaka route,has been adapted

hahahaha

>>but the director was already gung-ho about changing things before i even said anything

incoming Fai

>>>this is a guy I can count on

or not

>>>>what they made was so ideal that it made me flinch

Fai getting bodybagged by the mushroom
DamnThatsTheSpotApr 3, 2015 6:37 PM
Apr 3, 2015 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
So are people gonna start adopting anti-nasu avatars now? cause that'd be hilarious.

Thanks for the info OP.
Apr 3, 2015 6:41 PM

Mar 2015
Miura believes that if the Art is good enough, dialogue doesn't need to be spelled out.

Does anyone know what he means by that?Is he talking about "show don't tell" or what?
Apr 3, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
Thanks for the images,guy,yeah.

Can't say i fully support how they went with things,but oh well,it's not like i'm paying for it.
HeroKenzan said:
Miura believes that if the Art is good enough, dialogue doesn't need to be spelled out.

Does anyone know what he means by that?Is he talking about "show don't tell" or what?

Basically.
Apr 3, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
HeroKenzan said:

thats what it sounds like.

kinda glad they passed on the Fate arc ,but it sounds like they have more than a few ideas for re-imagining the 2nd cour. >;o
Apr 3, 2015 6:54 PM
Apr 2012
Thanks a lot for posting this here! Hopefully, all the people who hate this adaptation will now stop using Miura as a convenient scapegoat for everything they dislike, since Nasu seems to have approved/encouraged a lot of it.
Apr 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
nice

looking forward to Fai adding "fuck nasu" to his avatar
FlamepriesTApr 3, 2015 6:58 PM
Apr 3, 2015 7:02 PM
Apr 2012
FlamepriesT said:
nice

looking forward to Fai adding "fuck nasu" to his avatar

"My favorite VN was sodomized by its author."
Apr 3, 2015 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
I'm waiting for the priests. REAL priests.

And thanks for sharing this, OP.

Apr 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Thanks for sharing the image OP.

Seeing Fai and co. chang to anti-Nasu avatars would be fucking hilarious.
he will says it's Muira that tempt Nasu into that :P it's Fai after all......
Apr 3, 2015 7:20 PM

Sep 2014
EasyGo-er said:
I'm waiting for the priests. REAL priests.

And thanks for sharing this, OP.

A real priest is not determined by the levels of sodium chloride in one's system, but rather by the level of yuetsu a priest attains as he witnesses others vainly struggle with beyond toxic levels of high blood pressure. May the flames of hypertension take over their pitiful vessels.
Apr 3, 2015 7:23 PM

Oct 2014
Nothing in there says Nasu personally wrote/'personally' approved every single one of the changes in the 2nd half. All it says is they agreed that there there is a need to trim down dialogue and put 'unique' things.

I don't care about the unique things. I'm waiting to see if the changes that make Shirou look like a moron are there are not.
Apr 3, 2015 8:06 PM

May 2014
I'm so glad this happened lol

I agree with the direction, I don't like hand holding.

nocorras said:

I don't care about the unique things. I'm waiting to see if the changes that make Shirou look like a moron are there are not.

Yeah, Hoping for the best.
Apr 3, 2015 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
told ya nasu was going crazy in his bedroom while Takeuchi put on a red wig and a maid outfit feeding him morning glories. how else can you explain Arcueid sprouting an ahige and sporting a schoolgirl outfit, or saber now planet busting having a magical fairy spaceship powered by dragons. soon Ryougi Shiki is gonna turn blonde

whoops too late

but really though i do hope Shirou gets a fair amount of characterization this adaptation. it's very very important for the story of UBW. Hell without this characterization it's also gonna effect Heaven's Feel.

It doesnt make sense to skip Fate because of Fate/zero. F/Z is just no substitute for Fate. The missing stuff from lack of Fate just hurts...and while UBW gives her resolution it's just not nearly the same as Fates. I felt that Saber's char resolution was perfect in that route.

i at least hope they explain enough of the mechanics to not make the looks like complete shounin asspull. i mean there is a little bit of asspull in the ending but not nearly as much as people would think if shit isnt explained.
Apr 3, 2015 9:02 PM

Sep 2014
There's no need to worry about opinions that much. Look at the ratings - people clearly had a lot of fun watching the first cour. UBW only gets better from now on.

Also, I don't think UBW could have such a negative impact on HF. People will understand the characters much better, know what to expect, and UBW will fill in the gap left by the lack of a Fate adaptation to a certain extent (e.g. people can't complain about lack of projection foreshadowing - and to be honest, it's kind of funny that most of the whine about this came from vn readers). That also applies to Shirou in that people will understand him more clearly by the end of UBW, even if they don't find him that interesting at this point.
Apr 3, 2015 9:03 PM

Mar 2015
Wow. Where is Fai? He should've been all over this.

But it seems Mushroom's actually OK with this, so it can't be as bad as be thought...right?
Apr 3, 2015 9:14 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:

But it seems Mushroom's actually OK with this, so it can't be as bad as be thought...right?
this is too much for him. he need to research for counter-attacks.
Apr 3, 2015 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
Takiya_Oomine said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

I wonder if he burst a vessel? Lol, at least we have a temporary serenity in this forum. For once, people aren't screaming at each other and cursing at UBW :D
Apr 3, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Takiya_Oomine said:

I wonder if he burst a vessel? Lol, at least we have a temporary serenity in this forum. For once, people aren't screaming at each other and cursing at UBW :D

Rejoice!! the day in UBW sub-forum w/o salts. :D

( dont even know how long it's gonna lasts )
Apr 3, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2014
Takiya_Oomine said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

silly child you have been drowning in the salts endlessly without even realising it
Apr 3, 2015 9:37 PM

Sep 2014
Takiya_Oomine said:

Jk, the hype will prevail. Although it will be funny if Fai, who would always get angry when people complained about "too much character development" in the first cour, gets angry during the 2nd cour if people start saying they find this show amazing.
Apr 3, 2015 9:40 PM

Mar 2015
Lol they hype will always prevail over the salt. One more day, and we'll be able to watch AOTY 2015~
Apr 3, 2015 9:45 PM

Jul 2014
ok now can someone PM me a livestream link please?
Apr 3, 2015 9:50 PM
Feb 2015
>Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.

I hope this means that they will gradually develop Shirou as the episodes go by.
Apr 3, 2015 9:57 PM

Mar 2015
Scints said:
>Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.

I hope this means that they will gradually develop Shirou as the episodes go by.

I really hope he means that and not that he won't give Shirou any character development xD But in Nasu I trust. Surely he won't let Miura run completely wild...

Takiya_Oomine said:
ok now can someone PM me a livestream link please?

Me too please~
Apr 3, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
WormPriest said:

^This

That line is such a bullshit Miura
Apr 3, 2015 10:43 PM

Jul 2007
Scints said:

Here you go fucking hell -_- way to shit on shirou and misrepresent hir fucking dumb idiot director
Apr 4, 2015 12:35 AM

Sep 2014
Hype.

Much.More.Hype.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 4, 2015 3:05 AM

Aug 2014
Miura actually directed some good stuff! (fate/zero ep 19 and vita openings)!!!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 4, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2014
Takiya_Oomine said:

No way in hell will it have 6 movies. It's also unlikely they'll only release one per year.

Anyway, what time is the livestream?
InsertanamehereApr 4, 2015 3:13 AM
Apr 4, 2015 3:10 AM

Feb 2009
...he wanted to make it something that could be enjoyed on the visceral level by watching it, in which scenes where the Heroic Spirits battle of use their Noble Phantasms rely on the power of the visual medium rather than the original story's concepts.

Well that fuckin' explains everything. This was supposed to be a mindless shounen from the get-go.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Sep 2014

So as I read, Unlimited Squint Works.
Apr 4, 2015 3:24 AM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:

Eh? You can enlarge the images. They aren't actually small.

Direct links to them: http://i.imgur.com/XgbH0Yd.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/5FQ6yr6.jpg
Apr 4, 2015 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
Harlequina said:
mira-nyan said:

Eh? You can enlarge the images. They aren't actually small.

Direct links to them: http://i.imgur.com/XgbH0Yd.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/5FQ6yr6.jpg

Shhhhh, I needed to make the meme!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.