Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2009 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one isn't too bad, there aren't a lot of action until the end but we are slowing reaching the end. Luke really cares for Lisa a lot but that could be his weakness in battle, not to mention his opponent is actually very strong. Hopefully Lisa isn't involve in the midst of some dangerous battle at the end of the series :D So Elsa actually protects that guy from being hit by Aria's power and then end up stabbing him herself 0.0
ShanaFlameDec 5, 2009 2:22 AM
Dec 5, 2009 7:28 AM

Oct 2009
Another depressing episode *sight* more bodies to add to my graveyard. The first half was interesting in their explanations and was surprised at Elsa deviating her own attack. They talked about Valbanill curse...interesting and Lisa/Elsa explanations of demon swords...interesting again. Did Cecily lose weigh and gained muscles? Her waist looks like it. The second half was good action but depressing end....Siegfried damaged Luke and was a good villain with his demon sword. Cecily protected well Lisa but Elsa...T_T *sight* another depressing part of Elsa shielded her father from Aria's attack and suffered some serious damage. Highlander guy did call Elsa his daughter...worst was when Elsa planted that knife in him T_T misery it was. Three things: This setup was great and I loved=> Most depressing part.....T_T Elsa will be missed...I found her more cute than Aria....of all she planted that dagger, what did her father suffer from to cough blood? Depressing part and sad...
Find the cloak guy has a nasty sword here and could it be Evadne herself? Sword looks nice
If I heard right did Luke admit he killed Lisa? At the end? O_O I should have not watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien because episode 2 made it even worse for me....damn.
ShanaFlame said:
So Elsa actually protects that guy from being hit by Aria's power and then end up stabbing him herself 0.0
It's much more T_T than O.O this was the most depressing of all in this series. I still have a hard time about this but I will get over it....I am a man after all. *sight* It might be harder than I though.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 5, 2009 5:03 PM
Jun 2008
wow the evil sword is made of hatred ~.~
Dec 5, 2009 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
wow the evil sword is made of hatred ~.~
Yeah because God abandoned them.....that is just O_O

Dec 6, 2009 2:41 AM
Jun 2008

Here something interesting i notice =P i just bored -.-

Aria~rapier
Evadne~ flamberge
Francisca~Bastard sword
Penelope~daagar
Luke~katana,and evil sword(魔刀)??
Doris~claymore
Margot~ Halberd??look like
Siegfried~alot (dunno)
Correct me and list a few more??
MorningGloryDec 6, 2009 2:56 AM
Dec 6, 2009 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:

Here something interesting i notice =P i just bored -.-

Aria~rapier
Evadne~ flamberge
Francisca~Bastard sword
Penelope~daagar
Luke~katana,and evil sword(魔刀)??
Doris~claymore
Margot~ Halberd??look like
Siegfried~alot (dunno)
Correct me and list a few more??

Siegfried~two hand sword
Elsa~Snake sword/grooved sword?

Dec 6, 2009 8:42 AM
Jun 2008
Elsa is Longgggg kris or shark saw sword(sound weird) ~.~
Dec 6, 2009 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
Elsa is Longgggg kris or shark saw sword(sound weird) ~.~

Ah yes Kris would be more right. Hey, tried at least. :P

Dec 7, 2009 6:31 AM
Jun 2008
Will Fransisca be introduce next episode???
I only saw a small clip of her in this episode.......
Dec 7, 2009 5:31 PM

Mar 2008
gg is laaaate :c Is there possibly another subgroup that has it out yet?
Dec 7, 2009 5:32 PM
Nov 2009
nope, still no subs
Dec 8, 2009 5:22 AM
Oct 2009
GG announced that it is on hold until after the 18th.

Dec 8, 2009 7:32 AM
Nov 2009
Damn! Was hoping that the subs would come in a few days,and I can only understand a few words in the raw episode:<
Dec 8, 2009 2:33 PM

Mar 2008
Ampharos said:

:c
Dec 9, 2009 5:17 AM

Mar 2009
Ampharos said:

Thanks for letting us know.
*Sighes* Hopefully they'll go back to subbing it. And not leave it unsubbed-it was just getting good too, I can't watch raws yet... some other groups have just dropped other animes. Hopefully they'll go back to subbing it like they said they would.
Dec 9, 2009 6:44 AM
Oct 2009
Dec 9, 2009 3:00 PM
Dec 2008
man... this is suck!!
Dec 10, 2009 7:32 AM

May 2007
Shame we had to use discussion thread for fansub update, but I saw something: http://cc.so-sweet.org/ (link at tokyotosho)

Haven't got the chance to try it myself now, but please share if it's any good.
Dec 10, 2009 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
Ampharos said:

OMG sweat =,=
I know translating isn't easy, coz I've been working on it, but that's...don't know how to put it into words.
Dec 10, 2009 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
The plot seems to be thickened..just wondering with my wild imagination..the girl with black hood who talked with Siegfried in carriage..it's impossible she is Lisa right? I mean blond haired

Siegfried's sword looks like a Broadsword to me

Kami = God or Kami = Maker?? cc translated Kami into Maker..and the demon sword created to kill Valbanier..which is the reason why the Demon Sword was born..so Vallbanier is their creator?
Dec 10, 2009 11:28 AM
Jun 2008
Laevantein said:
The plot seems to be thickened..just wondering with my wild imagination..the girl with black hood who talked with Siegfried in carriage..it's impossible she is Lisa right? I mean blond haired

She is Fransisca.
If you read the op and ed song
[フランシスカ]
Dec 10, 2009 2:11 PM
Oct 2009
LOOOOOOOL on hiatus!

Considering how bad this show has been in general, I find that quite appropriate.

Still, I want to finish up this shit...just so that I can fairly call the entire show shit.

EDIT: Now they decide to advance the plot...okay. Not much time left though. =/
A2ZOMGDec 10, 2009 2:22 PM
Dec 10, 2009 2:46 PM
Jun 2008
A2ZOMG said:
LOOOOOOOL on hiatus!

Considering how bad this show has been in general, I find that quite appropriate.

Still, I want to finish up this shit...just so that I can fairly call the entire show shit.

EDIT: Now they decide to advance the plot...okay. Not much time left though. =/

ehh sound as if you hate this series .....for me i think this shit is quite good.....
MorningGloryDec 10, 2009 2:57 PM
Dec 10, 2009 2:55 PM
Oct 2008
Ok, so.. Luke killed Lisa? what?
I have absolutely no idea what they were talking about at the end of the episode, but I guess we'll find out soon.
Dec 10, 2009 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
Shadowmancer said:
Ampharos said:

:c

:/

Dec 10, 2009 3:55 PM

May 2009
This episode had some sweet fucking animation for the fighting. The plot was quite interesting too. Lisa has Valbanill's blood.

edit: since gg subs are on hiatus, I'm watching Koharubi - they're up to date.
stAtic91Dec 10, 2009 4:02 PM
Dec 10, 2009 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
I'm just upset that they go hiatus on it when it only has two frickin eps left.
Dec 10, 2009 4:37 PM
Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
ehh sound as if you hate this series .....for me i think this shit is quite good.....
I decided it sucked after how much they neglected Cecily and made this show a story about how her boobs are huge.

And that's not even the worst of it...the way they set it up generally speaking, it's like they're begging you to think naughty thoughts about this show. Oh my! "his [Luke's] katana is on fire!"

Don't get me wrong, if somehow the last episodes of this show turn out AMAZING, then I'll change my review of this show to accommodate that. I prefer to watch things to completion, and after anime club introduced this shit to me, I can't stop watching it until it's done lol.

tbh, this episode was alright. Kinda got me interested with the story elements. But Cecily still sucks. Thankfully no boob jokes. (omg)
A2ZOMGDec 10, 2009 4:41 PM
Dec 10, 2009 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
Wtf. The plot went from happy-go-lucky to blood in gore in less than two episodes. I'm freaked out but at the same time, strangle excited. It seems like we are finally where we need to be and now that the skeletons are out of the closet, I wonder what Luke, Cecily, or Aria's next move is, they all seem so confused. Hopefully we get more info on demon swords, Vanbanill and "the man in black." Is he bad or good? I hope the next episode is as gruesome!!

Plus, the transition from the dramatic ending to the happy song was fail. xD

Dec 10, 2009 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, what a twist.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 10, 2009 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
Loved the fight scenes! Short, but sweet, good animation.

What a terribly sad episode. Not sure how they are going to wrap it up in 2 episodes though. Maybe will get a S2?

More likely just a rushed ending? Or maybe that's not as much left to the story as I would like to thinks there is.
Dec 10, 2009 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
2 eps left.. hmm..

Laevantein made an interesting point.. about the blond hair girl in the carriage.

Yet I'm just wondering now what Luke means when he said he was the one that killed Lisa..

Hm.........
Dec 10, 2009 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
omg! i love LUKE! my favorite character ever! i loved this episode.

Dec 10, 2009 7:57 PM
Dec 2008
Guess I was right, Lisa is Valbanill (or something like that) but Luke is making the holy sword to seal her? Siege is helping to kill Valbanill? I'm sort of confused, hope everything is answered in the next episodes (lol just noticed we're closing to the end)

Anyway, the episode was sweet. The fights were awesome, especially Cecily vs the old man. Siege got a sick sword. We got to see everyone in action, so yeah, I'm satisfied. though the part where the old man just left in the beginning was retarded -.- Luke just watched him escape ~_~
Dec 10, 2009 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
Hey all~ I'm the translator for gg that tl'ed this show (until I dropped it XD)

Now that I have this shit show off my shoulders, I can go tl something else.
Feels good man.
Dec 10, 2009 9:39 PM
Feb 2009
w0oow 2 mores eppps not kwlll
Dec 10, 2009 9:46 PM

May 2009
With the pace picking up as it has, it's easy to tell the series end is near, even without the episode count. With Luke being the most interesting character on the show, it makes one wonder why so much time was wasted on stupid stuff like the boob-fixation and the little girl and her trio of not-so-smart guardians. Well, at least the visuals have been nice throughout and we continue to be treated with nice fights.
Dec 10, 2009 10:33 PM
Nov 2009
that wasnt that much of a twist, as they have been hinting it for a few episodes now(lisa=vanlibanana w/e the fck hes called), still this episode wasnt too bad, action was nice and elsa's cute, too bad she got snapped in half.
Dec 10, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2008
Does everyone on this show have a demon sword?! They must sell them at walmart or something...

Nothing that was explained in this episode made any sense, the purpose of demon swords, what happened with lisa, Elba's purpose. Why did Elba shatter anyway? She clearly did not take enough damage to die yet she shattered when the old man died. No other demon sword died when their owners died.

One episode ago this show was a lot simpler...
Dec 10, 2009 11:17 PM
Nov 2009
GrimWizard said:
Does everyone on this show have a demon sword?! They must sell them at walmart or something...

Nothing that was explained in this episode made any sense, the purpose of demon swords, what happened with lisa, Elba's purpose. Why did Elba shatter anyway? She clearly did not take enough damage to die yet she shattered when the old man died. No other demon sword died when their owners died.

it doesnt have to make sense, you only watch this show for cecily's tits.
Dec 11, 2009 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
Cool episode, sad ending. I like Elsa's character design..too bad she have to die...
Dec 11, 2009 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
o-o?! that was kinda shocking ?

Dec 11, 2009 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
Lisa is cute. But Aria is cuter. That's all there is to it.
Dec 11, 2009 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
GrimWizard said:

And once again a show (like Tatakau Shisho) where I ask myself if people aren't paying attention to dialogue at all.

The purpose of the demon sword is to sooth the hatred the person which it is created from and who created it felt when he/she died and help him 'make things right again'...so it's like a demon contract.
That ties in with Elsa's purpose, as she was the girl she told Lisa about, who was waiting for her father to return. When the father (the old guy) returned from the demon war 44 years ago Valvanil (or some other demon he just assumed to be Valvanil) killed his daughter (Elsa) and from his hatred and Elsa's wish to fullfill her father's wish Maken-Elsa was born.
Maken-Elsa shattered in the end, because her only purpose was to stay by Real-Elsa's father's side until he died. When she was given the okay to finally let him go her task was fullfilled and the contract ended, therefore her form as a Maken was no longer upheld and she 'died' again.

The other demon swords just don't shatter because their tasks are not fullfilled, leaving it open what Aria's purpose might be.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Dec 11, 2009 5:55 AM

Jul 2009
seizonsha said:

The other demon swords just don't shatter because their tasks are not fullfilled, leaving it open what Aria's purpose might be.
And that's the reason why she asked Maken-Elsa about their purposed why they are being born..Valvanil is the key role in this, nice explanation kind sir
Dec 11, 2009 6:40 AM

Oct 2009
toratiger said:
GrimWizard said:

it doesnt have to make sense, you only watch this show for cecily's tits.

O_O no, my friend noteDhero watches it for the studio who makes but you can guess he does not like the way it's done.

Dec 11, 2009 9:39 PM

Jan 2008
seizonsha said:

And once again a show (like Tatakau Shisho) where I ask myself if people aren't paying attention to dialogue at all.
Hate to break it to you but I didn't miss a single bit of dialogue.
The purpose of the demon sword is to sooth the hatred the person which it is created from and who created it felt when he/she died and help him 'make things right again'...so it's like a demon contract.

Yea I remember what they said, but it still doesn't make any sense. Elsa is the only demon sword so far that even had a set "master" or was forced with a task. Aria certainly doesn't have a creator nor did she ever refer to anyone as "master". Besides didn't they mention that demon swords are created by Vanbanill? Not to mention half the other demon swords introduced aren't even alive. They have brought in all these rules for demon swords, but Elsa is the only one who followed them...
Dec 11, 2009 11:51 PM

Mar 2009
hey so, what's with episodes 10??? lol idk why but some of this season's episodes 10 were awesome or relatively good, like kampfer's (the best ep 10 lol, even tho if the show is not that good), to aru kagaku no railgun, the book of bantorra.. and now seiken no blacksmith? XD

note that i said relatively... lol. this show is still 5/10 to me... but it was a good ep.
Dec 12, 2009 12:43 AM

Sep 2008
Quite a bit learned about the demon swords, and why Luke is the character in the title.

The end theme was horribly out of place for the tone of the rest of the episode >.<

I think the story is happening in such a way because this is based on the manga/light novel.

I want to say that the old guy in this episode is the first demon sword-holder who actually died. Aria has transferred owners, but we haven't received even a hint that her former master died.
BastionDec 12, 2009 11:11 AM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Dec 12, 2009 6:43 AM

Feb 2009
Bastion said:
Quite a bit learned about the demon swords, and why Luke is the character in the title.

The end theme was horribly out of place for the tone of the rest of the episode >.<

Indeed...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aod-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.