Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2015 3:55 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was one of the most beautiful episodes of the whole show for me, which is saying a lot. It might even be my favorite. So many emotions. Mainly happiness but with a hint of melancholic sadness. The reunion(s) were great to see, I especially loved the Remi x Lise moment when she started to speak. It was just great and so satisfying to watch!
And the great thing is that I still can't predict how this will end. It was hinted that Remi might have a hard time choosing between his mom and his foster mom, and the future of Mattia and Lise are also insecure at this point. I can't imagine them being seperated. I can't wait to see which path this show is going to take in the last episode.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 21, 2015 9:57 AM
Nov 2014
I thought nothing would ever top the episode when Remi reunited with his foster mother but I'll be damned... this one did. Incredible penultimate episode, Lise spoken her first few words! Talk about development there, Remi x Lise OTP.

Now, I'm really excited to see how this series will end.
Jan 14, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
The past few episodes have been great, I can't wait to see the last episode. All the ends are being tied up so nicely and it seems like everyone's going to get a happy ending to some degree. I wonder just what path Remi will choose though. With Lise and Arthur overcoming their disabilities, Mrs Barberin and Mrs Milligan becoming acquainted and accepting that they're both Remi's mother, and Mattia being there for Remi ever since Vitalis passed, this is coming to one hell of a conclusion.
Nov 7, 2016 6:14 PM

Feb 2008
Remi should just choose both moms and have Milligan take Barberin with them to England.

The episode was really good, I'm glad that it just focused on their reunion without anything bad happening just to ruin everything.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
Remi and Mattia stop by Mrs. Barberin's house thinking that Mrs. Milligan would be there, but as we know they just missed each other. This certainly wouldn't be the last time Remi would see his foster mother, whom he loved so, but they couldn't help but feel sad about meeting again only to say goodbye one more time. Even if they manage to see each other from time to time, the life that they once shared together is gone forever, and it isn't a bad thing, it's just that the way they were separated at first was so abrupt that it hurts.

I loved that "3000 Leagues in Search of Mother" reference though.

The next day he says goodbye and goes to Geneva, and then the inevitable feeling arises. Remi isn't aware of it himself at first, but after listening to Mattia he realizes that he's feeling torn right now. Living with Mrs. Milligan would mean living away from his foster mother, in another country, and he couldn't possibly choose between them, but Remi is able to deal with this feeling with a little push from Mattia. "Mattia is my irreplaceable, true friend." and this was the moment that Remi clearly realized how much Mattia meant to him.

And then they proceeded to search for Remi's family, but it was hard at first since they weren't at the hospital anymore and there were so many cottages in the area, but in the end everything works out and we even get to hear Lise's first words: "Remi" she said, over and over again, and during this sweet reunion Remi realized that his so sought-after mother was finally standing right in front of him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

6 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.