Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2015 1:32 PM
Mar 2015
Inaho's fault for pointing the gun...

You guys do realize that Slaine would have shot him regardless, right? He was orange. The guy who tossed him into the ocean. The guy who indirectly got him tortured. The guy who at that moment had the heart of the woman he loved. Slaine had all of this against him so why wouldn't he shoot Inaho when he had the chance? Inaho probably figured out he'd die anyway, so why not?
Mar 14, 2015 1:33 PM
Mar 2012
BlackIrisPrince said:
Inaho's fault for pointing the gun...

You guys do realize that Slaine would have shot him regardless, right? He was orange. The guy who tossed him into the ocean. The guy who indirectly got him tortured. The guy who at that moment had the heart of the woman he loved. Slaine had all of this against him so why wouldn't he shoot Inaho when he had the chance? Inaho probably figured out he'd die anyway.

Wow, another dup. Slaine got himself shot because he couldn't answer a simple question.
Mar 14, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
A robot taken control over Inaho's body.

Thats right...... that right...... thats right.........
Mar 14, 2015 1:37 PM
Mar 2015
You know full well that Slaine couldn't trust anyone. Even if he was tortured by someone who he /could/ trust he didn't want to risk it.
Mar 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
How is it taking over his body when it can't even move it. All it did was let Inaho talk to Asseylum and tell her the escape route. If it was so OP actually take over inaho's body he would be walking around not talking while lying on the floor waiting for supposed allies to pick him up. Oh wow it allows him to talk when unconscious. That's going to be REAL useful.
Mar 14, 2015 1:40 PM
Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
How is it taking over his body when it can't even move it. All it did was let Inaho talk to Asseylum and tell her the escape route. If it was so OP actually take over inaho's body he would be walking around not talking while lying on the floor waiting for supposed allies to pick him up. Oh wow it allows him to talk when unconscious. That's going to be REAL useful.

I think a lotta people missed the "temporarily" part.
Mar 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
LOL@the haters that watched two season of a "shit anime".

When the eye took over I thought it's gonna enter assassinate-the-princess mode implanted by earth gov. Fortunately it wasn't anything like that. It seems it only backed-up Inaho's mental state and assessed the danger.

I hope Clunky is gonna join the princess in the escape.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 14, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 2015
I really don't get why people are so up in arms about his eye controlling his head. In an anime about giant machines that can turn invisible, control the elements and clone themselves - excuse me - Quantum Teleport Cloning (whatever the hell that is), yet the huge problem is that the MC has a robot eye that can control his body when he's unconscious.
Mar 14, 2015 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
swn32 said:
Icezera said:

If Inaho pointed the gun because he would rather die, than that was his choice. Inaho played his own part in getting his eye blown out.

>Atheists choose to go to hell

The blame always lies in the person setting the ultimatum. The victim here, in this case Inaho, chose the better of the options presented to him. The fault is still entirely on Slaine for creating the situation.

If you could explain the relevance of "athiests choose to go to hell" that would be great.

And no, the blame does not always lie with the person setting the ultimatum. People who ultimately become the victims also can aggravate the situation. There is no black and white assignment of agency here. Otherwise, all victims are innocent, all the time. And that is simply not true.

Inaho choosing to point his gun at Slaine escalated the situation.
Mar 14, 2015 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
swn32 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I think a lotta people missed the "temporarily" part.

It wasn't Inaho that talked to the princess. It was clearly some pseudo-AI of the eye. It backed up Inaho's brain state and referred Inaho's thoughts about the person it identified, assessed the danger and provided info on how to proceed with the escape.

Asseylum's second favor was probably not to kill Slaine.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 14, 2015 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
BlackIrisPrince said:
I really don't get why people are so up in arms about his eye controlling his head. In an anime about giant machines that can turn invisible, control the elements and clone themselves - excuse me - Quantum Teleport Cloning (whatever the hell that is), yet the huge problem is that the MC has a robot eye that can control his body when he's unconscious.

The problem is that we can suspend our disbelief because all of this technology you referenced was created by another species. When something is made by OUR race with OUR limits, then it has to contain some believability. IMO Inaho's eye has transcended any technology in the show.
SavethebestforuMar 14, 2015 2:00 PM
Mar 14, 2015 2:04 PM
Sep 2010
Savethebestforu said:
BlackIrisPrince said:

The problem is that we can suspend our disbelief because all of this technology you referenced was created by another species. When something is made by OUR race with OUR limits, then it has to contain some believability. IMO Inaho's eye has transcended any technology in the show.

The eye cheats; it taking over his body wasn't that surprising to me lolol
Mar 14, 2015 2:07 PM
Mar 2015
Savethebestforu said:
BlackIrisPrince said:

Indeed. When have we seen Earth tech do anything on the level of Inaho's eye? All we see is Earth's best tech being upstaged by a high school boy. It is frankly laughable but then again, the show is rapidly approaching levels of shit that not even Vers political intrigue can save it.
Mar 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
BlackIrisPrince said:

It's because it becomes more and more convenient for the MC, whereas any technology the Martians have mean nothing, remember, the martian mech's even with their superior technology (which even now I debate is true based on how much the UFE seem to have no problems beating martian mech's) get beat all the time. The fake eye has its own AI which can act as a backup consciousness. Yes, a backup consciousness that can monitor danger, know when support arrives, map out the whole of the base they were in ect.

And all this brilliant technology came from earth, really? Considering they've been flying about in borrowed Aldnoah war ship? If we can put that technology in an eye surely they can make their own version of Deucalion.
Mar 14, 2015 2:09 PM
Oct 2011
I have nothing against an implanted JARVIS. The show never shows how much AI has advanced in the era. Aldnoah tech is insane magic already (seriously??? people should question these bs tech not just accept that they came from gods). Just wonder who really designed that left eye. He must be Tony Stark.
Mar 14, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
jdbe said:
BlackIrisPrince said:

It's because it becomes more and more convenient for the MC, whereas any technology the Martians have mean nothing, remember, the martian mech's even with their superior technology (which even now I debate is true based on how much the UFE seem to have no problems beating martian mech's) get beat all the time. The fake eye has its own AI which can act as a backup consciousness. Yes, a backup consciousness that can monitor danger, know when support arrives, map out the whole of the base they were in ect.

And all this brilliant technology came from earth, really? Considering they've been flying about in borrowed Aldnoah war ship? If we can put that technology in an eye surely they can make their own version of Deucalion.

Borrowed? The only thing that is Aldnoah in that ship is the core. They built everything else
Mar 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
Arnold Schwarzenegger would be so proud of Inhao.
Mar 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
jdbe said:

Borrowed? The only thing that is Aldnoah in that ship is the core. They built everything else

It's made by martians, it's their original ship that UFE found.
Mar 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
jdbe said:
Darklight0303 said:

Uh nope. They ripped the core from the Oriiginal Deucalion and build a ship around it
Mar 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
Not sure what's more amusing, the eye taking over command or the fact that the eye conveyed feelings that Inaho couldn't deliver since ever having said feelings for the princess.
I think Cruhteo Jr.'s role can possibly be fused with Mazuurek's. Lemrina delivered some good lines this episode.
Mar 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
In my personal opinion, they should just kill the princess off. She's such a bullshit character, she likes some stranger who she only knew for a week but when Slaine gets tortured she doesn't even bat an eye, nor show any concern for his wellbeing during her time on Earth. It honestly makes my blood boil. Lemrina is a bit more interesting, but so melancholy and too existential.
Mar 14, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
I remember ages ago there was talk that Urobuchi would be back for the last three episodes. Is it true or what?

But anyways, gotta say the animation was excellent this episode, I enjoyed some of the action quite a bit. No comment on the rest, though. Discussing how retarded the plot has turned out got old.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 14, 2015 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
she likes some stranger who she only knew for a week but when Slaine gets tortured she doesn't even bat an eye, nor show any concern for his wellbeing during her time on Earth.

This is a major problem with the writing. Slaine was Asseylum's closest friend for 1/3 of her life and they both shaped each other into who they were. Seeing her confess her love for some random earthling after only being with him less than a month isn't as bad as seeing her have no compassion or interest in anything Slaine has been doing. Human beings are irrationally sentimental to their childhood, especially if it was a happy one. Seeing her so apathetic about her childhood friend is frankly bizarre. This isn't even me wishing anything for Slaine, it's just it doesn't make any sense from the character we have been given.

Aug 2014
Maybe Inaho is a robot.... and is being taken over by a human.......

Mar 2011
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
In my personal opinion, they should just kill the princess off. She's such a bullshit character, she likes some stranger who she only knew for a week but when Slaine gets tortured she doesn't even bat an eye, nor show any concern for his wellbeing during her time on Earth. It honestly makes my blood boil. Lemrina is a bit more interesting, but so melancholy and too existential.

He is a "stranger" that saved her life countless times, unlike Slaine, in fact thanks to his actions in episode 12 the princess spent almost 2 years in coma.
Mar 14, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Lol I'm tired of bashing this show. The plot is becoming retarded after each episodes.
Mar 14, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2015
jdbe said:
Darklight0303 said:

The only Martian thing in the Deucalion is the aldnoah core. And arguably the name because that's the name of Orlane's mech (Saazbaum's fiance).
Mar 14, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

He is a "stranger" that saved her life countless times, unlike Slaine, in fact thanks to his actions in episode 12 the princess spent almost 2 years in coma.

He is also someone who allowed her to go out on the field and put her life on the line to stop the war by disabling Sazbaum's castle core. He supported her decision to take that chance. The chance to set things straight even a little. Only for Slaine to completely destroy all of that work and intent in one retarded swoop.
Mar 14, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
Savethebestforu said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
she likes some stranger who she only knew for a week but when Slaine gets tortured she doesn't even bat an eye, nor show any concern for his wellbeing during her time on Earth.

This is a major problem with the writing. Slaine was Asseylum's closest friend for 1/3 of her life and they both shaped each other into who they were. Seeing her confess her love for some random earthling after only being with him less than a month isn't as bad as seeing her have no compassion or interest in anything Slaine has been doing. Human beings are irrationally sentimental to their childhood, especially if it was a happy one. Seeing her so apathetic about her childhood friend is frankly bizarre. This isn't even me wishing anything for Slaine, it's just it doesn't make any sense from the character we have been given.

I fucking hated the princess so much during season one, the amount of fucks she doesn't give to Slaine is appalling. Did she even care about him?
Season 2 did not help at all. "You've changed Slaine" Shut the fuck up princess. Do you even know anything about Slaine and his struggles? Oh wait, you were too busy whoring yourself to HAL 9000
Mar 14, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2011
Savethebestforu said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

seeing her have no compassion or interest in anything Slaine has been doing.

Why should she show compassion towards the man that:

1. Willingly continues a war she is against
2. Used her image without her consent for nationalistic war propaganda
3.Arranged a marriage with her without her consent
4. Used her little sister as a tool for his power grab.
5. Started a rebellion against her family and claimed independence from Vers.
Mar 14, 2015 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
blackbishop said:
jdbe said:

The only Martian thing in the Deucalion is the aldnoah core. And arguably the name because that's the name of Orlane's mech (Saazbaum's fiance).

Oh my mistake. I was pretty certain they just kept it after they found it. But oh well, I still believe that InaBot and his eye shows how low the show has dropped. I originally thought he would suffer some brain damage from overusing it, and all that happens is he faints and the eye basically took over his consciousness. It's frustrating because what will happen if enemy Martians find him, he's not gonna lie there, the eye will fully take over his body and fight for him.

If that's not the biggest amount of plot armor in the history of anime I don't know what is.
Mar 14, 2015 2:33 PM

Apr 2008
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Savethebestforu said:

I fucking hated the princess so much during season one, the amount of fucks she doesn't give to Slaine is appalling. Did she even care about him?
Season 2 did not help at all. "You've changed Slaine" Shut the fuck up princess. Do you even know anything about Slaine and his struggles? Oh wait, you were too busy whoring yourself to HAL 9000

Such hilarious bitterness. Do you even know what whoring means?
Mar 14, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
jdbe said:
blackbishop said:

Oh my mistake. I was pretty certain they just kept it after they found it. But oh well, I still believe that InaBot and his eye shows how low the show has dropped. I originally thought he would suffer some brain damage from overusing it, and all that happens is he faints and the eye basically took over his consciousness. It's frustrating because what will happen if enemy Martians find him, he's not gonna lie there, the eye will fully take over his body and fight for him.

If that's not the biggest amount of plot armor in the history of anime I don't know what is.

If they eye could move his body, pretty sure it would have made him escort the princess.
Mar 14, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2011
Also I would like to know with what exactly is Slaine currently "struggling". Slaine created a third faction and became its leader with almost zero opposition.
Mar 14, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Raziel1991 said:
Why should she show compassion towards the man that:

1. Willingly continues a war she is against
2. Used her image without her consent for nationalistic war propaganda
3.Arranged a marriage with her without her consent
4. Used her little sister as a tool for his power grab.
5. Started a rebellion against her family and claimed independence from Vers

Because she hasn't tried to understand it or understand him for herself. She is the one that knows Slaine better than anyone. Yeah, I agree that she should be horrified eventually, but there was never any loyalty to her friend in the first place. I would have liked her to talk it out with him first, instead of tricking him into revealing his plan and then pointing a gun at him. Like, it could have been such a tragic scene when she finally realizes he had fallen too far after discussing everything he had done the last 2 years, but we were left with some half-assed confrontation about his plan. She never asked why he was doing these things. It just seems like she never even cared about Slaine to begin with, which I guess is still possible.
SavethebestforuMar 14, 2015 2:47 PM
Mar 14, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
jdbe said:

If they eye could move his body, pretty sure it would have made him escort the princess.

The eye stated that the princess wasn't a threat, so what if there was a threat? I doubt the writers would have him lie on the floor and do nothing, not to mention it said it takes control of his behaviors, I'm pretty sure he may not be able to get up, but maybe use his uninjured arm to shoot someone.
Mar 14, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
jdbe said:
Darklight0303 said:

The eye stated that the princess wasn't a threat, so what if there was a threat? I doubt the writers would have him lie on the floor and do nothing, not to mention it said it takes control of his behaviors, I'm pretty sure he may not be able to get up, but maybe use his uninjured arm to shoot someone.

That's still very iffy. If the princess' safety is his priority, he would choose to escort her if he could. THe eye's maximum capacity at this point may only be allowing him to speak when unconscious and nothing more. AFter all talking is a lot easier than actually using his entire body to move it or even more so, fight.
Mar 14, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2015
jdbe said:
blackbishop said:

Well, to be honest I thought it was Martian as well the first time I saw it, but when I saw the episode the second time I realized it was made by UEF by ripping off Orlane's kat.

And about Inaho's eye, I'm not sure if we can discard the brain damage yet, but at least he can't overuse it because it will make him die too:
a) If a Martian soldier finds him first lying on the floor he will be prisioner (we know he can't die because he is the protagonist, at least not yet).
b) If that happens while he is fighting in Sleipnir that would mean certain defeat and it is likely possible someone would have to die just to protect him from being killed (either Inko, Yuki or Rayet).
Mar 14, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
Apparently the eye has a mind of its own -_-

Slaine's shooting skills haven't improved from last season at all...
Mar 14, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2015
@G_Spark233
I like calling it JARVIS, just like @greatlaharl suggested :). Also, the eye is some sort of computer if I recall correctly, so I'd not be surprised of that.

And about Slaine, next time he should try a machine gun lol.
Mar 14, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, so Slaine is now steam-resistant evidently. Inaho has his little AI problem. Neither one of them can actually shoot each other.
Lemurina sacrificed herself. Princess is told of exit by Inaho yet she couldn't wait with him for 420 more seconds.

"Logic".

By wait, we had tons of action and Cruhteo's son to save the day. Yay!
Mar 14, 2015 2:52 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
jdbe said:

That's still very iffy. If the princess' safety is his priority, he would choose to escort her if he could. THe eye's maximum capacity at this point may only be allowing him to speak when unconscious and nothing more. AFter all talking is a lot easier than actually using his entire body to move it or even more so, fight.

I don't think it will move his entire body, i said it'll use the gun he has in his right hand. Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if it did. as someone mentioned just before he may get captured, but I think that will be a very small chance because with 2 episodes left and inaho captured who is there to stop slaine.

There's 7 minutes until backup arrives, I think there's a good chance he'll get found before they arrive.
Mar 14, 2015 2:57 PM
Jan 2015
Sparteh said:
Darkerthandark said:

Ao whats with lelouch pic?

What? Another childish attempt to attack because of profile picture.... Seriously, can't kids these days create comments with arguments that make sense?

What the fuck are you talking about? I just find it weird that you say you "hate mecha anime to begin with" Yet have a profile pic of MC from a mecha anime.
Mar 14, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2013
Mich666 said:
Ok, so Slaine is now steam-resistant evidently. Inaho has his little AI problem. Neither one of them can actually shoot each other.
Lemurina sacrificed herself. Princess is told of exit by Inaho yet she couldn't wait with him for 420 more seconds.

"Logic".

By wait, we had tons of action and Cruhteo's son to save the day. Yay!

...do you actually think that they should have waited? Just sit there, twiddling their thumbs for 7 minutes while spec ops commandos are running around having gunfights with your security forces?

There isn't even a guarantee that anybody will show up in 7 minutes, that's just an estimate, whereas Inko is already in position and waiting.
Mar 14, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2015
Did anyone else hear the hypocrisy that dumbAsseylum spouted during her conversation with Lemrina? The one about how everything she does is for the betterment of her people, and that she loves them all?

Yeah, there's no evidence of that to be seen in the entire series.
Mar 14, 2015 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Did anyone else hear the hypocrisy that dumbAsseylum spouted during her conversation with Lemrina? The one about how everything she does is for the betterment of her people, and that she loves them all?

I also noticed that, I was sort of confused, like, I'm pretty certain the martian people are struggling with the lack of resources.

Another thing which I thought was odd was when inaho said something along the lines of my eye sensed it would be a tough fight
Mar 14, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2015
Also...why does Lemrina feel the need to sacrifice herself for Asseylum?

There's no reason why she would do that based on what we've seen.

At least Lemrina told her idiot sister off; in that her own idealistic naivety blinds her to almost everything around her.

Except her love for Mario- I mean Inaho.
Mar 14, 2015 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
jdbe said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I also noticed that, I was sort of confused, like, I'm pretty certain the martian people are struggling with the lack of resources.

Another thing which I thought was odd was when inaho said something along the lines of my eye sensed it would be a tough fight

Inaho's left eye is Hidarime (Left Eye). It's a parasyte, yo.
Mar 14, 2015 3:13 PM
Mar 2012
Icezera said:

If you could explain the relevance of "athiests choose to go to hell" that would be great.

And no, the blame does not always lie with the person setting the ultimatum. People who ultimately become the victims also can aggravate the situation. There is no black and white assignment of agency here. Otherwise, all victims are innocent, all the time. And that is simply not true.

Inaho choosing to point his gun at Slaine escalated the situation.

The blame always lies with the person setting the ultimatum period. There were only 2 choices provided to Inaho, surrender or die. Both were bad choices. If you can't comprehend something this simple, then this argument is futile.

"Atheist choose to go to hell" comes from the idea that atheists are somehow responsible for going to hell, even though it is the Christian God who is at fault for setting an unreasonable ultimatum.
jackhammer32Mar 14, 2015 3:20 PM
Mar 14, 2015 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
Nice, maybe the robot Inaho has more emotion than the real one.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

695 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.