Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2015 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
Dark_Chaos said:
SlimCognito said:

Fine I'm above "proving cred" and we're almost off topic. The fact is Naughty Dog has a lot of overrated games lately since cinematic games are on the rise in priority over gameplay. Not to mention Uncharted didn't have much competition. The success mostly sits with ND being competent developers from the golden years so they have a better understanding on how to make a game with each element standing out but sadly that used to be the bare necessities for AAA games. Now The Last of Us comes out and people think it's innovative to have areas that are fleshed out and can be explored with incentive to explore embedded in gameplay mechanics. This is called real game design and the AAA industry has been starved by it for so long it seemed like a second coming.

Why are you sharing your opinion with me? I was talking about the opinions of the majority. Your opinion is irrelevant and has nothing to do with my point, which you have somehow missed, unfortunately :/

You point was not missed it was proven to be a subjective observation with a very limited point of reference. I stated the facts of the success of Uncharted and TLoU not my opinion. If you want to speak about the game industry or be knowledgable it's not enough to state something happened, you need to consider why and all aspects of the event and results of the events that follow to sharpen your logic. The 5 W's are Who, What, When, Where, and Why not just what.
May 20, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2014
No.
May 30, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2010
Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played and yes, I've been gaming for a while and I'm not a COD fan just so you all know
SolidPayneMay 30, 2015 12:04 PM
May 30, 2015 12:33 PM

Nov 2014
When I picked up uncharted I knew nothing about the series. Didn't read a single game review either.

Ending up playing Uncharted 1-3 back to back. As soon as I finished the first one, I moved to the 2nd and 3rd.

I allowed myself to get fully immersed into the narrative and it was a fantastic experience.

The games struck my heart strings with the discovery of lost civilizations business. Loved the story, gameplay was fun too.

The Last of Us was also a really fun ride.

With that said, If you don't like a specific genre of game, You won't like said game no matter how many perfect scores they get.

And never ever.. trust a game review. The majority are bias and paid behind the scenes. Case and point, IGN.
May 30, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2010
SolidusSmoke said:
When I picked up uncharted I knew nothing about the series. Didn't read a single game review either.

Ending up playing Uncharted 1-3 back to back. As soon as I finished the first one, I moved to the 2nd and 3rd.

I allowed myself to get fully immersed into the narrative and it was a fantastic experience.

The games struck my heart strings with the discovery of lost civilizations business. Loved the story, gameplay was fun too.

Thank you for this post. See folks not every person likes something just because of hype and popularity. I know it's hard for you guys to fathom the idea of of someone liking something simple because they (gasp) like something. Wow! What a stunning revelation, right?!
May 30, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2008
It's a good series (particularly for the story and music and all the cinematic nonsense) but the gunplay feels like it's stuck in the year 2005 or something. Blam blam blam --> hide behind cover --> blam blam blam --> cover --> repeat. It also likes throwing a million enemies at you at once so there will be tons of cheap grenade kills and enemies appearing behind you and such. I got more pissed playing the Uncharted games than I did playing Dark Souls.
May 30, 2015 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
I enjoyed the series for its storyline and the cinematic Indiana Jones feel that each title gave off. Haven't gone and analyzed the gameplay though, so my opinion may be subject to change. From what I remember, the gameplay was good but not excellent. In fact, I remember that the final bosses all had super armor (especially 2's final boss.).

However, I often enjoyed the humorous banter that Drake had with other characters, like Sully taking a hooker to church and...

Drake: Nice view
Elena: *sighs* Men.
Drake:No, I was talking about the mountains. Really!
DeadSnow24thMay 30, 2015 3:37 PM
May 31, 2015 2:26 PM

Dec 2010
I was never really able to get into it. I don't know...the puzzles aren't that developed, and the shooting isn't either...I guess in that regard, it just mixed up too many things, and didn't really put any pizzazz into it. Just my two cents, though.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Jun 4, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2010
kingatomsk said:

The original Max Payne games... well, I have a love-hate relationship with the first two games. I hated the third one due to Max moving like a slowpoke, plus the addition of the cover system. Putting those two elements together mean that using bullet time in more populated encounters was a huge risk as opposed to sticking to covers, which I didn't like the slightest. And the story? It blows.

I'm sorry but Max Payne 1 and 2 >> most anime. Max Payne 3 I agree isn't that great
Jun 4, 2015 4:36 PM
Jun 4, 2015 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
asume5 said:
Crips said:
No.
This.

I haven't played the last of their series but from what I've played, they were all great.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jun 4, 2015 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
Uncharted is not overrated
Jun 5, 2015 2:30 AM
May 2009
The games are really good. Mainly again due to the set pieces.
The whole relationship with sully is the key for me though.
the girls not so much more than eye candy.

The last of us again set pieces the atmosphere. True its not open world or anything, but stronger emphasis on survival elements. Stealth and item management. And the people stories are just more intense. Its rare to find a game that makes you care about the characters.

But I am a story driven guy, so maybe thats why I enjoy these games more.

Tomb Raider is a good game, but the difference was its more open world exploration, problem I mainly had was I could kill 1000's and there will still be more respawning.
Jun 5, 2015 2:52 AM

May 2015
movie games are wack
Jun 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
Why are you people complaining that uncharted is like Indiana Jones when that is one of its major influences?

Eredar said:
movie games are wack

It's a good one though
Jun 5, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2010
I don't mind cinematic video games like Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid as long as there's still gameplay. Games like Heavy Rain I have a problem with, those take it too far

sullynathan said:
Why are you people complaining that uncharted is like Indiana Jones when that is one of its major influences?

I'm guessing it's because Indiana Jones is an American films series so of course a good chunk of people on this anime website dislike it for that
Jun 9, 2015 3:01 AM
Mar 2015
Despite it's flaws,I really enjoyed Uncharted series.The story wasn't bad,characters was good and it had an entertaining gameplay even though you mostly did the same things all over again.
May 14, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2013
Totally overrated.
1st game 6/10
2nd game 7/10
3rd game 6.5/10

For me.

The main problem with the series is the mediocre combat system. Even the platforming becomes so tedious by the end and that's saying a lot considering all 3 games are very short. There's basically no "reward" for us besides the progression of the story. Before mindless Uncharted Defence drones comes to the rescue saying critics rate all three extremely high: reviewers rate all three as some of the best games of all considering, even though all 3 are as linear as a scale whereas they rate some games like FF13 with a more varied combat much lower because they are "linear". Ha! Don't make me laugh at these critics.

And inb4 "which game is not repetitive?" defence, no they aren't. New weapons and equipments allows one more freedom in combat, allowing for a diverse way to tackle enemies. Uncharted fails to deliver that. And like I said there is no "reward" for anything, you are expected to defeat waves of enemies with no reward at the end, you just play for the sake of the story, not because the game is "fun to play". Uncharted series is a button masher of the worst kind. The puzzles in the later 2 games were not even well thought of for that matter. In other words, there is zero replay value.

The only thing Uncharted does well is cinematic, but if I wanted cinematic I would go and watch a movie rather than play a game. One can always combine good gameplay with good cinematics, heck another Naughty dog game even did it i.e the Last of Us, better polished gameplay and a great story because you were allowed to tackle enemies in a lot of ways not to mention the AI was actually well written. So no, the Uncharted are not anywhere near "amazing", let alone great. Heck even another button mashing series God of War did the same, the experience is rewarding in these games unlike Uncharted series.

These gameplay flaws from the first three game is why I didn't bother getting 4.
C2FlashMay 14, 2016 6:52 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
3 hours ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
8 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

13 by Strahan »»
8 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.